Shawn

Allow any counselor to kill Jason, not just Tommy

Jason gets put down by the end in every movie he is in (except 2 kinda', he comes back last scene, with a grab thru a window BTW), so why is Jarvis the only one. Ladies have Jason's mom's sweater, fine; Guys wear the mask, one less task. It always took a couple people to take him down, but wasn't always a dude, and definitely not always Tommy. In 6 it wasn't even Jarvis who delivered the final blow. Also add a Manhattan level

Umm NO it's already too easy to kill Jason as it is.There is nothing new coming to the game final and last patch has come and gone.

Umm YES and all the Vanessa's quit once slashed and dead when teaming up. Quitters even after 3 years of practice over someone who started playing a month ago

Welcome to the forum @Shawn. As @TimDuke 01 pointed out, the game's final patch has dropped. Changes to the Jason kill or anything else isn't happening.

As far as unsavory Vanessa players quitting, not everyone does that. After three years of playing, there are still decent players out there.

• Thanks 1

Adding ways to kill Jason would not stop the amount of rage quitting that occurs in fact it would just increase the amount  because the Jason players would rage quit more often.As I pointed out it's ridiculously easy to kill him as it stands. If anything it needs to be near impossible to kill him.

If any counselors that gets killed just came back as another counselor would be a saving grace, like battlefront.

Its understandable why anyone including the host, leaves the session if offed early. Then what, wait 15 mins watching others play the game; I dont need to play the game to watch it, i need to play it. Developers dont respect your game time, just want your money. Getting hit in the face is bad enough; reminds me the elevator scene in mass effect, or just original xbox loading times. I get really upset when I see Jason working with a counselor, I am definitely leaving then, and then its more wait time. So frustrating.

Movies go like, part 1 girl kills serial killer, 2 girl kills, 3 girl kills, 4 KID kills, 5 kid again, 6 girl, 7 psychic girl uses ghost dad (maybe a guy) , 8 sewer acid (environmental kill?), 9 girl kills, X finally a guy (suicide sacrifice), and FvsJ jason wins, remake girl kills jason. So ya, come back as any counselor, and release this falsehood that Tommy Jarvis is Nancy Thompson.

On 1/21/2021 at 3:53 PM, Shawn said:

Jason gets put down by the end in every movie he is in (except 2 kinda', he comes back last scene, with a grab thru a window BTW), so why is Jarvis the only one. Ladies have Jason's mom's sweater, fine; Guys wear the mask, one less task. It always took a couple people to take him down, but wasn't always a dude, and definitely not always Tommy. In 6 it wasn't even Jarvis who delivered the final blow. Also add a Manhattan level

CPZSKLCTHRFzgwuyAzM7QgNrsOBtZJasFGzPLqft

On 1/21/2021 at 2:53 PM, Shawn said:

Umm... Not trying to be disrespectful but your arguments don't make a lot of sense, but I'll give sorting through these a shot.

1. The process for killing Jason was intended to be so convoluted and difficult that few players would actually try, and killing Jason would be extremely rare. Laughable now when you think of how easy it actually is to kill Jason. Part of this process was one hero character who could spawn back into the match and put Jason down if he had the skills to do so or was even aware he could. Tommy Jarvis was selected since he's the most recognizable name in the series whose last name isn't Voorhees, and the closest thing Jason had to a rival throughout multiple movies. It doesn't hurt that P6 is probably the most popular film in the Friday Series,  and that Thom Matthews was willing to participate in the project. It doesn't make sense for any character to have the ability to kill Jason, since it was never intended for Jason to be easy to kill. It was supposed to range somewhere from rare to impossible. 

2. Multiple counselors getting killed and coming back makes no sense. This is supposed to be a horror survival game where you either escape, survive, or die. Everybody getting multiple chances completely undermines what this game is supposed to be. Something like this may have been feasible as an option for private matches, but please keep it out of my Pub lobbies.

3. Whose excepting you to sit around and wait for the match to end if you escape or die? As long as your not the host or you're taking half the lobby with you, if still alive, when you leave then nobody cares. I purposely try to avoid being host most of the time just so I have the option to leave if I escape early or somebody else draws Tommy. Just as long as you're not screwing over the entire lobby by leaving, you're not obligated to stay. Don't be the host if you're not willing to wait.

4. Jason being killed by women in most of the movies is irrelevant, and a bit nit-picky against a game the devs did everything they could to make as authentic as possible. Now, if the lawsuit hadn't halted content it is possible we could've see new Hero characters added that, at the very least, could've been specific to certain maps. Like the android for the Grendel Map, Tina for a potential P7 Map, or Duke for a P9 map, and so-on. The lawsuit, unfortunately. took away a lot of potentially good things from us. Still, no there doesn't need to be more than one hero character per map capable of putting down Jason. Who'd even bother trying to escape anymore? Just dancing and tea-bagging around Jason's corpse for everyone.

• Like 3

On 2/6/2021 at 5:36 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

4. Jason being killed by women in most of the movies is irrelevant, and a bit nit-picky against a game the devs did everything they could to make as authentic as possible. Now, if the lawsuit hadn't halted content it is possible we could've see new Hero characters added that, at the very least, could've been specific to certain maps. Like the android for the Grendel Map, Tina for a potential P7 Map, or Duke for a P9 map, and so-on. The lawsuit, unfortunately. took away a lot of potentially good things from us. Still, no there doesn't need to be more than one hero character per map capable of putting down Jason. Who'd even bother trying to escape anymore? Just dancing and tea-bagging around Jason's corpse for everyone.

This was something I always wanted implemented in the game. More hero characters. It'd be something you could customize from the menu, like how you can select your Jason or counselor, you'd be able to select various heroes that have their advantages and disadvantages.

- You could be Rob from Part IV, he'd spawn in with a machete, 2 PKs, and a medspray with 2 uses. Though he can't kill Jason.
- You could be Sheriff Garris from Part VI, he'd spawn in the map with a two seater police car and a shotgun. If he is driving the car alone it can't exit the map to prevent the player from escaping as soon as he spawns in. He'd only be able to drive out alone if he was the last one on the map.
- You could be Duke from Part 9. He'd spawn in with the Voorhees Dagger, which would contain a new way to kill Jason.

But alas...the lawsuit murdered the game before it could continue to grow and evolve into something even greater.