Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What is everyones opinion on sweater girl using firecrackers/spraying herself to get out of the sweater and hit jason with a bat to bring Jasons to his knees if Tommy has a machete?  I don t do it myself(unless its a teaming Jason then screw him).  What do you all think? Is it legit or a glitch?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i use the "drop the bat at my feet" method. this way, i give something up in exchange for the kneeling powers of the bat. im unarmed, & have to stand in that same spot to pick up the bat. fair trade.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I read this wrong at first, so I'll change my answer accordingly. I've never actually seen anybody try to get themselves out of the sweater animation early. Now, if sweater girl waits for the animation to complete and then knocks him to his knees, I have absolutely no issue with that. Had this happen just the other day where sweater girl activated the sweater without passing me the axe, so I had to wait for her to come out of it and take a swing with her axe rather than taking that hailmary chance the machete would actually knock the big mam to his knees. Not to mention all the times I was sweater girl, and Tommy just stood around like his batteries just died.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I know at least once I was able to hit Jason myself as the SG (AJ) with a machete when the full animation of the sweater stun was complete.  So there is enough time for SG to hit Jason herself (at least with a 1 handed weapon) even with the full animation.

So I think it is fine for the SG to drop a weapon or use an item in order to get out of the animation.  It doesn't "Break the game" it just makes it  easier for the SG to hit Jason herself.  But I do agree it is technically an "exploit" so I can appreciate if others don't like it.

The only times I can remember dropping my weapon so I could cancel the animation is when Tommy is already dead and I just want to drop Jason to his knees so I can troll him. ;)

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/5/2021 at 3:27 AM, Ih8teamers said:

What is everyones opinion on sweater girl using firecrackers/spraying herself to get out of the sweater and hit jason with a bat to bring Jasons to his knees if Tommy has a machete?  I don t do it myself(unless its a teaming Jason then screw him).  What do you all think? Is it legit or a glitch?

"Sweater Canceling" has always existed since the beginning.  There has been few attempts to remove it, (the original method you only had to enter Combat Stance and cancel out).   It's a glitch, but it's pointless complaining about something player have been using for this long.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, GeneiJin said:

"Sweater Canceling" has always existed since the beginning.  There has been few attempts to remove it, (the original method you only had to enter Combat Stance and cancel out).   It's a glitch, but it's pointless complaining about something player have been using for this long.

Wasn't complaining I was asking everyone opinion 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ih8teamers said:

Wasn't complaining I was asking everyone opinion 

I didn't say you were, but people tend to complain about any glitch that work against them, so I'm just saying it's better to accept it and work around

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, GeneiJin said:

I didn't say you were, but people tend to complain about any glitch that work against them, so I'm just saying it's better to accept it and work around

Oh gotcha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If Jason allows it to get to that point then he's already shit the bed. Might as well do whatever it takes to put him out of his misery. I don't see a problem with it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Legit or not, it's a thing people have to cope with. Not everybody chooses to do it.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...