If it actually stops a kill that kill squad are not good and they wouldn't kill you anyways. They do not work against legit kill squads. 

I used to, but stopped unless I feel like wasting one as Part 2.

Time could be better spent morphing to the correct generator for Tommy.

It's not a waste if it works for that Jason. Doesn't work for me, so I never bother to trap the shack. Too easy for the counselor to get around unless you place it perfectly. Honestly, I don't even bother with trapping the Tommy House generator unless I'm positive where the house is at the start of the match and I have a suspected kill squad in the lobby. I kind of like chasing Tommy around and going up against kill squads anyway, especially the entitled wanabes that get extra salty when things don't go their way. If I really want to disrupt a squad, I try to kill a couple of low-levels first when possible. A kill squad that knows what they're doing can usually get around trapping the shack or the generator. One thing you usually can't get around is a shitty Tommy. If you're killing a high level Buggzy or Fox that's clearly trying to fight your or give themselves up, you're basically asking for it. I love watching sweater-grill chasing around a disinterested Tommy, whose probably wondering why this bitch in the cruddy sweater keeps throwing her axe at his feet.

I haven't trapped it recently due to all the influx of noobs from the Steam sale which doesn't end till the 6th.I'm becoming more confident. I will trap the Tommy power if I get it first morph which I still try and do or if I'm pretty damn sure that cabin hasn't been touched. General rule of thumb if you don't get the Tommy power 1st morph  you  automatically assume he's been called unless like I said I'm pretty confident that cabin hasn't been tampered with and that's rare except maybe on Jarvis or Pinehurst. I don't encounter very many kill squads since this sale started..

45 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I haven't trapped it recently due to all the influx of noobs from the Steam sale which doesn't end till the 6th.I'm becoming more confident. I will trap the Tommy power if I get it first morph which I still try and do or if I'm pretty damn sure that cabin hasn't been touched. General rule of thumb if you don't get the Tommy power 1st morph  you  automatically assume he's been called unless like I said I'm pretty confident that cabin hasn't been tampered with and that's rare except maybe on Jarvis or Pinehurst. I don't encounter very many kill squads since this sale started..

Same here I had a high level roy trapping all the power boxes I told my friend what a waste seeing Tommy was called anyways he rage quit when we took the mask off 

On 1/3/2021 at 3:22 PM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

It's not a waste if it works for that Jason.

I agree. Strategies are situational, and each works for some players more than others.

• Like 2

one trap, dead center of the doorway. been saving my ass for years. it is not a sure fire way to prevent the big kill, but it has its advantages, such as no sneaking in with the mask. no matter how ya slice it, i wouldnt call it a waste. less effective than cutting the power, but not a waste.

• Like 1

I've said this about 50x before, but here it is again: Trapping the shack IS NOT pointless. Anything that costs counselors first aid, PKs, or time is never a waste no matter who says it is. The med-spray a counselor had to use after tanking the trap could have been he one that Tommy or SG needed to stay alive after Jason started slashing them to death, and the few seconds it took them to get out of it might have been the difference between Jason getting to the shack and catching them still in it, and getting there and them being gone before he got there. 

If one of them has your mask, that 'pointless' shack trap becomes the only thing standing between you and getting Surprise Motherfucker'ed by a SG you didn't even realize had the sweater until it was too late. If you were totally oblivious to the presence of a kill-squad in the lobby, at least it got your attention and should prompt you to keep a very close eye on the shack. 

Even if it turns out that whoever stepped in it doesn't have the sweater and was doing it solely to clear the way for somebody to get it later, again, at least you know what they're up to and can start planning accordingly.

Here's an example that has actually happened to me before: I was on the Jarvis House map fighting a kill-squad, mask off, in Rage Mode. The demasking hit came from Tommy's shotgun, and as soon as they realized it, Tommy and a couple of females hauled ass for the shack (which was close to where I was shot). When the stun wore off, I Shifted after them and got there just in time to see Tommy step in the trap. Instead of grabbing, I hit him with a knife+slash combo. 

Instant dead Tommy. If I hadn't trapped the shack, he would have made it inside with SG. He tanked the trap, sure, but the damage from doing so wasn't able to be healed before I started slashing. 

• Like 1

I've said this about 50x before, but here it is again: Trapping the shack IS NOT pointless. Anything that costs counselors first aid, PKs, or time is never a waste no matter who says it is. The med-spray a counselor had to use after tanking the trap could have been he one that Tommy or SG needed to stay alive after Jason started slashing them to death, and the few seconds it took them to get out of it might have been the difference between Jason getting to the shack and catching them still in it, and getting there and them being gone before he got there. 

If one of them has your mask, that 'pointless' shack trap becomes the only thing standing between you and getting Surprise Motherfucker'ed by a SG you didn't even realize had the sweater until it was too late. If you were totally oblivious to the presence of a kill-squad in the lobby, at least it got your attention and should prompt you to keep a very close eye on the shack. 

Even if it turns out that whoever stepped in it doesn't have the sweater and was doing it solely to clear the way for somebody to get it later, again, at least you know what they're up to and can start planning accordingly.

Here's an example that has actually happened to me before: I was on the Jarvis House map fighting a kill-squad, mask off, in Rage Mode. The demasking hit came from Tommy's shotgun, and as soon as they realized it, Tommy and a couple of females hauled ass for the shack (which was close to where I was shot). When the stun wore off, I Shifted after them and got there just in time to see Tommy step in the trap. Instead of grabbing, I hit him with a knife+slash combo. 

Instant dead Tommy. If I hadn't trapped the shack, he would have made it inside with SG. He tanked the trap, sure, but the damage from doing so wasn't able to be healed before I started slashing. 

9 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Lol if I'm going for thr kill and I have thr mask off yes your trap is pointless if Jason morphs there hes gonna get layed down by my shotgun while sg grabs the sweater by the time Jason stands up Tommy will have the ax in.hand and Jason's dead :[]

i didnt trap it, 8 out of 10 matches the counsels were dead before they found my shack.

or they didnt even try.

7 hours ago, Ih8teamers said:

Lol if I'm going for thr kill and I have thr mask off yes your trap is pointless if Jason morphs there hes gonna get layed down by my shotgun while sg grabs the sweater by the time Jason stands up Tommy will have the ax in.hand and Jason's dead :[]

By the time you get out of the trap, the inner doorway will be body-blocked. Even if she has the sweater and the masks off, your shotgun ain't gonna do shit to help you. Eventually, she'll get tired of the standoff and try and use the sweater anyway. When it fails (which it will), what are you going to do then? Rage quit?

body blocked? your ass is gonna be on teh ground from my shotgun did u even read what i said.  Trapping the shack has NEVER stopped me from killing Jason, even when Jason knew we were going for the kill

ok, maybe i can t say its never stopped us, but if it did its in the low range of success

Coming from someone who tends to go for Jasons depending on who I m playing with I just can t think of a match where Jason trapping his shack stopped us.

The only time trapping the shack isn't a waste is if you morph on the shack while the counselors are inside. Then set one or two at the doorway and force them to eat a trap to get out. Other than that it's completely useless against good players.

On 1/7/2021 at 6:12 AM, Ih8teamers said:

body blocked? your ass is gonna be on teh ground from my shotgun did u even read what i said.  Trapping the shack has NEVER stopped me from killing Jason, even when Jason knew we were going for the kill

Sounds like you've been killing n00b Jasons.

trapping the shack is useless cause the servers are down, Love me xd

4 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Sounds like you've been killing n00b Jasons.

Lol I ve killed try hard sweaty tourney Jason's I even would ve killed u but u kept running away lmao

If you're in QP not point in bothering.     Most of teams are noobs with no cohesiveness.  Theres ZERO Point in wasting a trap on that unless you're Part 2 Jason.  .   Kill squads are easier to kill than those that hit objectives hard and heavy.   A sure fire way to clear the lobby as Jason.  Time your backup (Quick Back up the analogue stick  during the counselor's  swing at you (Its very slow)  , and then go forward with a swing or grab and you will demolish all the lobbies 9/10. 

Get part 2 Jason, Double Trap the Phone, Double trap the car (or triple Trap depending on the map and if a boat is available) and maybe trap the boat once.  Then do the deal with the swing I mention, youll put down any lobby EASY and kill at least 6 counselors in QP. 

Now against an experienced team that hits objectives fast and hard together.  Its more difficult.  But REALLY how many of those are around?  Not many.  In 50 matches, I may experience 1-2 Objective based, experienced teams