2 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

I want a Halloween game. But not just a reskinned F13 multiplayer game. I want a legit story driven Halloween game. 

Well if we get a Halloween game i trust that it will be great.

West Keltner announced that Gun media went deep with there next game on his Twitter account and really payed attention to detail.

What i want to see in  A Halloween official video game is the occult pagan backstory of Samhain the Lord of The Dead to be put into the game.

Id like to see a Rob Zombie Michael Myers design specially for the game.

I Want to be able to explore Haddonfeild Memorial Hospital and find clues and news paper articles about Michael myers,hidden weapons etc.

I Want Halloween night costume dlc packs.

I Want Rob Zombie to be heavily and deeply involved in the games production.

Rob Zombie is the only answer to making the game playable.

34 minutes ago, Strigoi said:

Well if we get a Halloween game i trust that it will be great.

West Keltner announced that Gun media went deep with there next game on his Twitter account and really payed attention to detail.

What i want to see in  A Halloween official video game is the occult pagan backstory of Samhain the Lord of The Dead to be put into the game.

Id like to see a Rob Zombie Michael Myers design specially for the game.

I Want to be able to explore Haddonfeild Memorial Hospital and find clues and news paper articles about Michael myers,hidden weapons etc.

I Want Halloween night costume dlc packs.

I Want Rob Zombie to be heavily and deeply involved in the games production.

Rob Zombie is the only answer to making the game playable.

I want Rob Zombie to have absolutely NOTHING to do with a Halloween game. He already damaged the franchise enough. 

• Like 2

On 7/13/2021 at 3:09 PM, Strigoi said:

Want Rob Zombie to be heavily and deeply involved in the games production.

Rob Zombie's Halloween was a steaming pile of shit. People were literally walking out of the theater and asking for their money back. I almost did it myself tbh. He damn near ruined the franchise. Would you like him to ruin the game as well?

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Rob Zombie's Halloween was a steaming pile of shit. People were literally walking out of the theater and asking for their money back. I almost did it myself tbh. He damn near ruined the franchise. Would you like him to ruin the game as well?

Well i loved Rob Zombies twist and vision and his Version of Halloween.

Im so tired of seeing the same Halloween script over and over again with Jamie Lee Curtis.

Bringing Busta Ryhmes into Halloween was a desperate move and pathetic.

Rob Zombie's version was a breath of fresh air.

The new writers for big horror franchised movies like Child's Play and Halloween are terrible.

Ive been a HUGE Rob Zombie fan since i was able to read Metal Edge Magazine in the late 90s in middle school and High School.

I Love Rob Zombie's Music in The Band White Zombie and his Solo Rob Zombie records.

Everyone is allowed to have their opinion here on the forum.

My Heroes Growing up into art,music,movies etc were Glenn Danzig,Marilyn Manson,Rob Zombie,Ozzy Osbourne,Ronnie James Dio,Geezer Butler,Tony Iommi.

Im a HUGE James Wan fan and i prefer movies and video games that are weird,nerdy,supernatural and horror supernatural,occult themes that most others think is dumb. or not real life scenarios.

I Think that Rob Zombie should design a special Skin For Michael Myers in a Halloween video game.

I Want Rob Zombie to design a creepy Universal Monsters Type of extra map for a Halloween video game.

Some of us are Rob Zombie fans and we deserve the same respect that everyone else gets on the forum.

Keep in mind that none of us know for certain what Gun media's next game title will be.

6 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Rob Zombie's version was a breath of fresh air.

If your idea of fresh air is the smell of horseshit mixed with vomit, and every last fuck that can possibly come out of every one of his cronies mouths, sure. I thought I was a going to get a Halloween movie, and I got House of a Thousand Corpses with Michael Myers sort of hanging around in it. I don't want Rob Zombie's grubby fingers anywhere near anything Halloween related.

Keep in mind, this is not an attack against you. You like Zombie, fine, that's your right. Personally, I'm not a fan.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

If your idea of fresh air is the smell of horseshit mixed with vomit, and every last fuck that can possibly come out of every one of his cronies mouths, sure. I thought I was a going to get a Halloween movie, and I got House of a Thousand Corpses with Michael Myers sort of hanging around in it. I don't want Rob Zombie's grubby fingers anywhere near anything Halloween related.

Keep in mind, this is not an attack against you. You like Zombie, fine, that's your right. Personally, I'm not a fan.

Rob Zombie is an permanent etched in artist in the Halloween franchise.

How would it ruin A Halloween video game if Rob Zombie created a Rob Zombie designed Myers skin and One Halloween game map designed by Rob Zombie.

Maybe Rob Zombie could contribute to A Halloween video game music and soundtrack.

I would also like to see and hear Halloween video game music designed by Will Rhamer from the band Mortician and sounds and remixes by J Devil D.J Johnathan Davis from the band Korn.

3 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Rob Zombie is an permanent etched in artist in the Halloween franchise.

How would it ruin A Halloween video game if Rob Zombie created a Rob Zombie designed Myers skin and One Halloween game map designed by Rob Zombie.

Maybe Rob Zombie could contribute to A Halloween video game music and soundtrack.

I would also like to see and hear Halloween video game music designed by Will Rhamer from the band Mortician and sounds and remixes by J Devil D.J Johnathan Davis from the band Korn.

It sounds like you've put some thought into this. Have you considered designing a game yourself?

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

It sounds like you've put some thought into this. Have you considered designing a game yourself?

NO. I Dont have the connections or resources or knowledge to design video games.

The only thing i can do is scream and do outrageous things to get everyones attention and then explain my ideas.

20 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Well i loved Rob Zombies twist and vision and his Version of Halloween.

This doesn't surprise me...

13 hours ago, Strigoi said:

Because Rob Zombie's Halloween was garbage. That whole white trash, redneck, sister molesting, 7 foot Myers pile of shit was just hard to watch. Honestly most of the Halloween sequels are garbage as well, so I'm not just bashing Zombie.

The original story was perfect. In the original Halloween, there was no reason Myers was the way he was. That's what made it a good story. He just snaps one day and that's it. They throw everything they've got at him and at the end, he just gets up and walks away.

You don't need a backstory. There doesn't have to be a reason why he did it. Or why he targeted his victims. Or why he doesn't speak. That's what makes the original character scary. He could be anyone. It could be any reason he snapped. It's the embodiment of the fear of the unknown.

• Like 2

On 8/13/2021 at 10:56 AM, Somethin Cool said:

This doesn't surprise me...

Because Rob Zombie's Halloween was garbage. That whole white trash, redneck, sister molesting, 7 foot Myers pile of shit was just hard to watch. Honestly most of the Halloween sequels are garbage as well, so I'm not just bashing Zombie.

The original story was perfect. In the original Halloween, there was no reason Myers was the way he was. That's what made it a good story. He just snaps one day and that's it. They throw everything they've got at him and at the end, he just gets up and walks away.

You don't need a backstory. There doesn't have to be a reason why he did it. Or why he targeted his victims. Or why he doesn't speak. That's what makes the original character scary. He could be anyone. It could be any reason he snapped. It's the embodiment of the fear of the unknown.

I agree with 99% of everything you said here.

There are only 3 Horrible Halloween movies in my opinion and they are….

Halloween Resurrection, and Zombies two films, I can put in any other Film in the Franchise and get a ton of enjoyment out of them.

My absolute favorite films in the series are the Original and Halloween 2….. I could stop right there and be extremely happy with just those two movies……

But I love 3-6 the Anthology idea of H3 and the continuing series of 4-6 including both cuts of H-6 and all the craziness that is Thorn as well….

Was an explanation necessary…No absolutely not…. But buy the time you get to 6 movies in a Franchise….you need to fill that Script up with something other than a re-do of the Original Halloween.

H20 was a decent Anniversary film and could have been really special if they keep it more adult oriented and ditched the Scream aspects and annoying casting Choices.

Halloween 2018 was definitely special in that it basically gives us a clean slate from the original to start with, and  it didn’t disappoint me…….I do have some issues with this movie but nothing that makes me dislike it like I do Zombie-weens and Resurrection…..so I am extremely looking forward to Halloween Kills as of right now.

22 hours ago, Strigoi said:

NO. I Dont have the connections or resources or knowledge to design video games.

The only thing i can do is scream and do outrageous things to get everyones attention and then explain my ideas.

All it takes is an idea. The rest will come later.

Nice analysis on the Halloween franchise @OCT 31 1978.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 8/13/2021 at 7:37 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Was an explanation necessary…No absolutely not…. But buy the time you get to 6 movies in a Franchise….you need to fill that Script up with something other than a re-do of the Original Halloween.

Yeah well it was originally intended to be a one off. And the story was perfect for that. The sequels were just to get asses in theater seats. 

The new one isn't bad. But at the same time, it isn't great either. Hopefully the next one doesn't suck.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah well it was originally intended to be a one off. And the story was perfect for that. The sequels were just to get asses in theater seats. 

The new one isn't bad. But at the same time, it isn't great either. Hopefully the next one doesn't suck.

For sure. 
John Carpenter never had sequels in mind when creating the classic Original film.….and it is a perfect film just as it is……but I am still very happy to have the sequels we have obviously some are better than others…… but even a terrible sequel will never take any enjoyment away I get from the original or the sequels I do like.

• Like 1

On 8/13/2021 at 7:37 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

There is only 3 Horrible Halloween movies in my opinion and they are….

Halloween Resurrection, and Zombies two films, I can put in any other Film in the Franchise and get a ton of enjoyment out of them.

I wasn't fond of Part 6 with its Cult of Thorn Storyline. Somehow I was able to enjoy Resurrection, don't ask me how because the whole film is laughable, but I somehow enjoyed it.😬

• Haha 1

On 8/17/2021 at 1:49 AM, aurllcooljay said:

I wasn't fond of Part 6 with its Cult of Thorn Storyline. Somehow I was able to enjoy Resurrection, don't ask me how because the whole film is laughable, but I somehow enjoyed it.😬

Lol, no worries glad you got some enjoyment out of it ….. I can’t anymore.

I watched Resurrection in theaters and I tried to convince myself that movie had redeeming qualities so hard……..I watched it multiple times when I picked it up on DVD…….to no avail.

And except for a few entertaining parts like the return of the Myers house and Michael stalking through the house as Deckard is warning Sara over the phone….
It just felt too commercial to me……Michaels mask/ the house/ the reality show concept…..yuck…..

I will take a Celtic Demon and cult any day of the week and twice on Sunday over Kung Fu Rhymes and his “ He’s been living under this house for 20 years.” Or “Trick or Treat Mother Fucker!” Garbage.

For me this is one movie I actively avoid and truly pretend it’s been slashed out of the franchise’s existence.

• Like 2

Reading though all of this.. One thing stands out to me that definitely eliminates Halloween. DBD has not taken down The shape / Haddonfield chapter on steam. Typically when licensing changes as we have seen from the Stranger Things chapter this is a possible indication that the license could be used elsewhere. As much as I like Stranger Things I just hope that isn't it. 

Continuing on the speculation side.. it could very well be TCM (probably unlikely since a similar character is being used in DBD) or Hatchet. I could be way wrong but this is some possibilities. 

At the end of the day it's all about waiting to see.

4 hours ago, Christopher Newman said:

Reading though all of this.. One thing stands out to me that definitely eliminates Halloween. DBD has not taken down The shape / Haddonfield chapter on steam. Typically when licensing changes as we have seen from the Stranger Things chapter this is a possible indication that the license could be used elsewhere. As much as I like Stranger Things I just hope that isn't it. 

There's an Evil Dead game coming out in February and Ash is still in DBD. Granted that still likely could get pulled but we'll see. 

I honestly don’t care. I think any partnership would just get in the way.

they should retain all mechanical lobby and social aspects of the f13 game and be original. Create new interesting maps, in similar fashion to Friday the 13th (not DBD), new counselors, interesting killer roster. Go back to the summer camp idea and own the whole thing and they could still be racking in on it, adding to it, and it won’t turn into a game only maintained for the last couple of years due to no wanting to piss off a lot of players that see “illfonic” “gun media” etc on the intro screen

im very glad Friday the 13th happened though, and it’s a decent game when you can find decent players that are funny. Commodore = fail, NES = cult classic with no replay value, 2000 era pc version never went anywhere past a playable teaser. We finally got something we probably won’t see again.

• Like 1

On 8/21/2021 at 5:30 AM, AshTray900 said:

We finally got something we probably won’t see again.

Someone will take a stab at it down the road. It'll be years from now.

• Like 3

This is terrible news.

Now im hearing that Kane Hodder has confessed and let it slip that Gun media's next game will have multiple killers.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

This is terrible news.

Now im hearing that Kane Hodder has confessed and let it slip that Gun media's next game will have multiple killers.

It was never going to be Halloween 🤷‍♀️

• Thanks 1

Multiple killers? a DBD clone? No thanks. I don't believe anything till Gun makes an official statement.

I Just hope that Gun media has not sold out and hopped onto the Dead by Daylight band wagon.

2 hours ago, Strigoi said:

I Just hope that Gun media has not sold out and hopped onto the Dead by Daylight band wagon.

As long as the game is good and fun to play that’s all that matters to me…..

Multiple killers……..

more the merrier!!!

• Like 1