Sign in to follow this  
Ih8teamers

Hiding when cops are called. A coward move?

So was going against a streamer, he was Jason I was Vanessa on Higgens Havens.  He was a 150 so figured might have a tough match. Anyways fuse is in Evergreen and I spawn at the lodge.  I loot there and Higgens.  I then make it to Blairs with a knife and a spray.  I m trying to think what my strategy should be, maybe try to fix the boat at blairs, or meet up with teammates and try to get c. ops called.  As i m heading there cops get called. So I think I have a knife, and spray and cops are on the way so I head up to Higgens and hide in a closet waiting for cops to arrive. Cops arrive at the left entrance, I get out and wait at the cops. I try to save a random but i get there too late I hit Jason once and make it to the cops. Because this dude was streaming I rewatch his stream and he called me a bitch for hiding when cops get called.  Is it a bitch move to hide when cops are called?  I obviously dont am I supposed to just wait out in the open and make Ja, son chase me for five minutes till cops show up?  What do you guys think?  Should counselors just wait and let jason have a chance to chase u or is it a bitch move?  I do understand the point that yeah you re not really helping your teammates out by hiding but sometimes you gotta look out for yourself and let your teammates fend for themselves.  

31 minutes ago, Ih8teamers said:

So was going against a streamer, he was Jason I was Vanessa on Higgens Havens.  He was a 150 so figured might have a tough match. Anyways fuse is in Evergreen and I spawn at the lodge.  I loot there and Higgens.  I then make it to Blairs with a knife and a spray.  I m trying to think what my strategy should be, maybe try to fix the boat at blairs, or meet up with teammates and try to get c. ops called.  As i m heading there cops get called. So I think I have a knife, and spray and cops are on the way so I head up to Higgens and hide in a closet waiting for cops to arrive. Cops arrive at the left entrance, I get out and wait at the cops. I try to save a random but i get there too late I hit Jason once and make it to the cops. Because this dude was streaming I rewatch his stream and he called me a bitch for hiding when cops get called.  Is it a bitch move to hide when cops are called?  I obviously dont am I supposed to just wait out in the open and make Ja, son chase me for five minutes till cops show up?  What do you guys think?  Should counselors just wait and let jason have a chance to chase u or is it a bitch move?  I do understand the point that yeah you re not really helping your teammates out by hiding but sometimes you gotta look out for yourself and let your teammates fend for themselves.  

I see it as you should be allowed to play however you like to play and you are definitely not a b**ch just for hiding. You are right that sometimes you need to look out for yourself considering all of the trolls that play the game. 

The ability to hide in closets, beds and tents is a game mechanic and should be used when needed.  However, it is often abused and so people tend to overreact when people hide, even if only for a min or two.  Thats probably why that Jason overreacted and called you a bitch for hiding.  He probably assumed you were hiding for most of the match. 

Using hiding spots to get Jason off your trail or while waiting for the cops is perfectly acceptable gameplay.  Using hiding spots because you are too lazy to actually play or you are just wasting time after everyone else has died/escaped then you are indeed a bitch and are wasting other people's time.

The most common time that I use hiding spots is when I see someone else trying to fix an objective and Jason starts attacking them.  If I can't really help the counselor (or just don't want to lol) I will often hide until Jason is finished killing them and if he doesn't sense me and morphs away I can finish the repair that the other counselor started.

I don't think hiding is being a "bitch". As stated, it's a mechanic of the game. I believe the entire objective of the game as a counselor is to survive the night be it escaping, killing Jason or hiding. Nowhere does it say you have to run around aimlessly or fight Jason continually to win. Hiding an entire match would be mind numbingly boring for me, but it's not as if hiding is cheating. The guy was probably saucy because you escaped and he didn't kill you. People get upset when they lose or don't complete their mission. 

• Like 1

If I play a repair character I'll go into hiding while waiting for the police. It's different from a player hiding from start to finish.

Let's say it's more understandable. 

• Thanks 1

It's only a bitch move if you hide for the entire match, and only emerge once the cops arrive or one of the cars is started. You know, instead of actually trying to contribute yourself. This actually annoys me more when I'm playing counselor than it does Jason, especially if that person is using a high repair character. If I somehow know somebody's been hiding the entire match or otherwise coasting and I get the car started, they're not getting a seat. As Jason, on more than one occasion, if someone has managed to call the cops, I'll target the people who I suspect of coasting first. If I'm going to run out of time, I'd rather see the player/players who are actually trying escape, rather than the idiots holed up in the same cabin for the entire match hitting each other with pots leach their way to a win. Strategic use of hiding spots though, I don't see anything wrong with it. I wouldn't do it in this particular case, winning that way would feel cheap to me, but that's just me personally. I usually try to go for police escapes or survive the night because I like making myself a target and seeing how long I can outlast Jason. It's more fun than escaping in the car in first five minutes anyway. Car escapes just get way too easy, especially when you have a friend that's ridiculously good at driving.

• Thanks 1

What the last two posts said. It sounds like the guy was salty because first he failed to protect the phone then failed to prevent an escape, all while streaming the whole thing. Go figure.

People always get salty if they die and you live, particularly if they believe they did the hard work in a game. Skill is of course involved in surviving, but so to is luck, what you can find and if you are in the right place at the right time or sadly not. I tend to avoid big groups of people and scout around the edges of the map to avoid Jason who will be homing in on a loud and noisy group. When the count down starts for the police I try and position myself in a secluded spot so that I can escape when Jason is distracted. There's nothing wrong with hiding for survival, sometimes its just the best thing to do anyway.

is this even an issue? the only times ive seen people not cluttering the escape routes are those who are repairing vehicles, or intend to kill jason.

as for me, whenever the cops called i immediately headed for the middle of the map  near the exits and just wait it out.