While 1 shot demasking Jason is a bit absurd, Buggzy has become useless. He was my favorite counselor due to his strength. Now, Fox is on Par strength wise which makes no since at all. Instead of punishing high strength characters, why not double all Jason hit points? Without that insane power, there is no reason to use Buggzy.

32 minutes ago, Shogun said:

While 1 shot demasking Jason is a bit absurd, Buggzy has become useless. He was my favorite counselor due to his strength. Now, Fox is on Par strength wise which makes no since at all. Instead of punishing high strength characters, why not double all Jason hit points? Without that insane power, there is no reason to use Buggzy.

The final patch for the game has dropped, so there's little chance of any more balance changes.

• Like 2

Brandon isn't useless.

He has very good speed/stamina 8/8, and his strength 10/10 means he gets the longest stuns (pre-rage of course).

Even if Jason gets rage, Brandon is still a great runner.

• Like 1

On 12/30/2020 at 9:30 AM, Killer Franchise said:

and his strength 10/10 means he gets the longest stuns

No. That's not how that works. Strength has nothing to do with stun duration.

On 12/30/2020 at 1:40 AM, Shogun said:

This is just wrong as well. Buggzy is still stronger than Fox. Just because you can't get the mask off before the 4th hit, doesn't mean you're not doing more damage.

4 hours ago, Killer Franchise said:

Please don't act like you know everything about this game.

Just an easy example of strength to stun time:

Try getting hit by the bat or shot by Jenny (1 Strength) compared to by Tommy/Brandon (10 Strength) - you will see the difference in stun time. 

I mean... You knew I was going to test it...

1 hour ago, Killer Franchise said:

To be more precise, I am referring to when Jason is stunned while standing not when he is on his back.

You cannot mash "E" when Jason gets stunned while standing (unless it is flare gun) like you can when he gets knocked on to his back.

Test it again and you will see the stun time difference when Jason is hit while standing if hit by bat/shotgun from a 1 strength character to a 10 strength character, thank you

🙄 Wrong again...

Edit: btw I never touched the Jason controller for either test.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Killer Franchise said:

Well that is weird.

Maybe it is just related to the shotgun stun because I know that baseball bat stuns were always longer when hitting Jason with a stronger character.

Test with the bat and see the difference.

Sorry, I'm done wasting my time. Trust me theres no difference in stun duration between a 1 strength and 10 strength. There's a difference in stun chance, but that's about it.

4 minutes ago, Killer Franchise said:

Well I only play on PC and there is a stun time difference when Jenny hit Jason compared to Tommy/Brandon, especially with the bat.

No there isn't. Test it.

12 minutes ago, Killer Franchise said:

Next time you try to start the car see how long Jason gets stunned when Jenny hits him with the bat compared to Brandon or Tommy, lol.

Maybe this will help you as well:

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/18750-strength-affects-stun-duration/

https://fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Strength

So we have an almost 3 year old thread from the forum and a wiki link that tells me nothing but the definition of strength? Nice...

Even if what Tommy tested in 2018 holds true today, which I doubt, you're talking maybe 1 second difference duration between 1 strength and 10 strength. not counting mashing A/X/E, of course. And you'd need to consider how crude some of the testing was back then. Not to mention all the updates between then and now. I mean, nobody knew stun chance was a strength based stat until recently...

Btw the major difference between starting a car on a stun, or not, is the luck of the counselor that's actually starting the car. 

Read and understand:

https://fridaythe13th.gamepedia.com/Strength

• Some people believe that Strength is not tied to Stun Duration. But thanks to extensive player testing, this was proven to be true. As such, Brandon "Buggzy" Wilson will have a much longer stun duration then Counselors like Jenny Myers or Deborah Kim. The difference of these stuns would be approximately 1.8 seconds.

Like I said, Brandon has the longest stuns in the game - case closed.

No need to go on about it.

43 minutes ago, Killer Franchise said:

No need to go on about it.

You also told me twice that strength stat effected shotgun stun duration as well... Sometime when I'm bored I might actually test it.

I'm thinking about testing high damage weapons Vs high stun chance weapons. Machete stun against bat or pan stun. If there's any truth to this at all, there should be a difference in stun times.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:13 PM, Killer Franchise said:

Like I said, Brandon has the longest stuns in the game - case closed.

Just for a bit of closure:

Knockdown stuns are identical regardless of counselors strength or which Jason you're up against. Also noteworthy: it doesn't matter what weapon you use. Stun times are not tied to damage at all.

Standing stuns are in fact different, but considering the 10 strength standing stun doesn't last any longer than a knockdown stun from any counselor, I wouldn't exactly say it's beneficial.

Even a standing stun from 1 strength would allow enough time for a high luck counselor to start a car. The only real difference would be getting a call off, police or Tommy, since that takes about 10 seconds.

Flare guns, shotguns, and firecrackers, all have the same stun duration regardless of whether it's a standing stun or a knockdown stun, and those stuns are not tied to the counselors strength stat.

I mean, sure it could help. But considering how many firecrackers, flare guns, and shotguns spawn on the map, I definitely wouldn't pick a high strength counselor just because of an increased standing stun time.

There are a lot of variables that go into pulling off a standing stun anyway. It's just as much luck as anything else. Especially if the Jason is playing on host. 

• Thanks 2

Thanks @Somethin Cool for the testing.

So it looks like we can at least deduce the following:

- Strength stat does NOT affect  Stun Duration with Projectile Weapons or Firecrackers (makes sense)

- Strength stat MAY affect Stun Duration for melee weapons.  The reason I say MAY is because we aren't 100% sure that Strength is what added to the stun duration.  In Somethin Cool's testing I noticed that Jenny's stam dropped quite a bit more while swinging the bat than Bugsy's stam.  Is it possible that the counselor's Stamina level when they hit Jason can influence the stun duration? (to me it would make sense if it did. an exhausted person isn't gonna hit as hard as someone well rested).

• Confused 1

On 1/7/2021 at 7:39 PM, Somethin Cool said:

No. That's not how that works. Strength has nothing to do with stun duration.

This is just wrong as well. Buggzy is still stronger than Fox. Just because you can't get the mask off before the 4th hit, doesn't mean you're not doing more damage.

I suppose my wording wasn't the best. What I meant by my post was if it was our goal to kill Jason and it takes 4 hits, why do you need anymore stength than Fox or Adam? Buggzy is useless because without the insane power, Vanessa is superior in every realistic way. Better runner, better luck, better repair, and can wear the sweater. To make it easy, if Jason has a health of 100, Fox deals 25 damage with the machete, 25x4=100. If Buggzy deals 750,000 per hit but it takes 4 hits anyways, what is the real benefit to using Buggzy when there is Vanessa or Adam? After all, once the mask is off, the only benefits of hitting Jason are stunning and stam regen.

On 1/21/2021 at 4:04 PM, Shogun said:

I suppose my wording wasn't the best. What I meant by my post was if it was our goal to kill Jason and it takes 4 hits, why do you need anymore stength than Fox or Adam? Buggzy is useless because without the insane power, Vanessa is superior in every realistic way. Better runner, better luck, better repair, and can wear the sweater. To make it easy, if Jason has a health of 100, Fox deals 25 damage with the machete, 25x4=100. If Buggzy deals 750,000 per hit but it takes 4 hits anyways, what is the real benefit to using Buggzy when there is Vanessa or Adam? After all, once the mask is off, the only benefits of hitting Jason are stunning and stam regen.

I get what you're saying, but it doesn't necessarily take 4 hits. Firecracker stuns, flare gun stuns, pocket knife stuns, all count towards the first 4 hits. Obviously mask rng would be against you at that point.

The more damage you take in the first 3 hits, the higher the odds of mask removal on the 4th hit. Even with rng it's possible to get the mask in 2 swings from Buggzy as long as Jason has taken some kind of stuns first.

Speed and stamina would be another reason to pick Buggzy over Fox or Adam, depending on the situation. If it came down to an stn scenario then Buggzy is a solid choice. Obviously he's not great at repair, but it is possible.

He's no Vanessa, and probably not as good as Tiff, but he's good enough to run Jason for awhile if things go south.