AshTray900

Code hacking? Free for all now?

With the last patch and server drop has this game become a free for all? First few weeks it ran so smooth, then it seems it’s now starting to be exploited, huge weapons, jerky flash Kazaam moving, Jason knee knock every hit, boats on land, cops already on map cop car stuck somewhere, cars running in like 5 seconds, is their any system left in place to stop these guys on PC or is this what’s really going on? Last night 6 matches all bad, quit each lobby back at home screen, found a friend who seemed to be getting into good lobbies, after pairing a party it worked a little better.

are people seriously just looking around on the web for ways to corrupt the game? Grrrr. Maybe it’s time to move from steam back to Xbox...

it was horrible playing on p2p. if the host is an asshole  and you kill him, he will more than likely quit.

fortunately i platinumed it a week ago so i dont have to suffer any more.

it was great while it lasted. but i will not miss this game when it goes down forever.

i cannot imagine the hackfest the pc version is. my condolences to pc players.

Yes that reminds of people (some on this forum) who leave every match when they weren't Jason and then when they do get to be Jason they use controller exploits and call it "tech".

Using controller exploits/cheats/hacks etc. is all the same garbage used by pathetic players of the game.

You see I never had that "tech" problem because I have always played clean and don't need to depend on crutches to help me play.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Killer Franchise said:

I have always played clean and don't need to depend on crutches to help me play.

You can honestly say you never used combat stance to chop down a door faster?

44 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's not an exploit though.

Depends on the eye of the beholder, I was trying to see if he is as "squeaky" clean as he claims.😉 If he is he wouldn't even use that, see what I mean? Some do consider it a "exploit" or a "crutch" as he put it.

Eh, this type of thing happens in every game and there will always be an argument over what is an exploit and what is skill that separates player x or player z.

In a shooter, its always going to be the gun with less spread or highest clip count. I remember Rainbow Six: Rogue Spear all the way back in 98 or 99. All the comp and troll  players did was spam the MP5-PDW due to its lack of recoil and consistent tight spread and the one pistol whose name I forget that had the 15 round clip. Also the same maps over and over. Mostly the smallest maps for fastest games.

Flash forward to Super Smash Bros. All people did in that game after awhile is spam Kirby as a fighter. In the first sequel, it was Fox and the final destination map if I recall due to its flat surface. In the third game, it was Meta Night.

In this game, its Part 3 with the controller 'tech' or 'exploits' or Vanessa from the other side along with counselor 'tech' or 'exploits'. Also spam the shit out of Packacrap Small.

See a pattern here?

I think its a fine line in any game between determining skill and what is simply the easiest way to win.

• Haha 1

On 12/21/2020 at 6:03 PM, Killer Franchise said:

Yes that reminds of people (some on this forum) who leave every match when they weren't Jason and then when they do get to be Jason

Personally, I like to stick around and see if I can last the full 20 minutes as counselor

and then when they do get to be Jason they use controller exploits and call it "tech".

You know any good tricks? 😏

You see I never had that "tech" problem because I have always played clean and don't need to depend on crutches to help me play.

Friday the 13th at Boy Scouts camp 👀 

On 12/21/2020 at 7:27 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's not an exploit though

🤔

17 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Eh, this type of thing happens in every game and there will always be an argument over what is an exploit and what is skill that separates player x or player z.

As long as there are competitive players, there will be people searching for a competitive edge.

On 12/21/2020 at 8:20 PM, TimDuke 01 said:

Depends on the eye of the beholder

☝️☝️

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

And that's debatable. Technically the only intended method for knocking doors down was the default door breaking animation. Just because they chose not to do anything about it doesn't mean that using combat stance to break doors down was originally intended.

Edit:

You can all argue it all you want but the simple truth is, if it was originally intended to use anything other than the default door breaking animation, then why bother coding it in? Literally nobody uses it now.

Now somehow that exploit became grandfathered in, probably because default door animation sucks, yet all of the other less harmful time saving tricks are still considered to be just as bad as sliding or roof glitching.

It's funny how people like to nitpick when it's something they use.

5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Literally nobody uses it now.

That kind of depends on the weapon being used. Pick Axe being a good example.Combat stancing a door with the pick axe is a pain in the butt at least to me it is. Part 9's axe is kinda that way too and sometimes 3's axe. I found a trick around those weapons using the default animation.You hit once using the default animation and quickly point the view directly behind you and LMB(pc) as fast as possible and it's nearly as fast as if you used combat stance.    How to break down doors faster with default animation - YouTube

8 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

That kind of depends on the weapon being used. Pick Axe being a good example.Combat stancing a door with the pick axe is a pain in the butt at least to me it is. Part 9's axe is kinda that way too and sometimes 3's axe. I found a trick around those weapons using the default animation.You hit once using the default animation and quickly point the view directly behind you and LMB(pc) as fast as possible and it's nearly as fast as if you used combat stance.    How to break down doors faster with default animation - YouTube

Go into combat stance and turn sideways so your weapon is flush against the door. Don't forget to cancel the animation with block when you hear the door break. Follow immediately with sprint for fastest results.

https://youtu.be/DPH9goW6jNE

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The devs are on record saying combat stance vs doors is fine.

Because everyone is doing it and the whole playerbase would complain if they took it away.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Not to mention it would be asinine if Jason couldn't break doors with regular attacks, like some imaginary force field stops him from damaging it.

🤔

Like breakable walls? Yeah, that'd be shocking, right?

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Because everyone is doing it and the whole playerbase would complain if they took it away.

🤔

Like breakable walls? Yeah, that'd be shocking, right?

Because it actually makes sense.

Breakable walls being immune to regular combat strikes always bugged me and should have been like the doors are. I'm not going to defend how the breakable walls are programmed because I don't like it as it is. Should have been changed from the start.

On 12/22/2020 at 11:02 PM, Somethin Cool said:

As long as there are competitive players, there will be people searching for a competitive edge.

Agreed.

• Like 3

PC sounds like a shit-covered wasteland. On PS4, the only ones I've actually seen post-patch are the "Sliding while aiming" glitch, and med-spray animation cancel. Giant weapons are back but honestly, that one doesn't bother me because 1) It does a nice job of giving your location away from a distance, and 2) The amount of time it takes to trigger it is long enough to turn you into a stationary target 😈

Oh, you want a giant baseball bat? Surrrreeeee... I don't mind. You go ahead and stand right outside that cabin repeatedly picking up weapons. Having trouble? Yeah, sometimes it takes a while for it to work. Keep going, I'll just come back in a few minutes.

Morph... Stalk-Shift.... then...

42995899.jpg

• Haha 1