Sign in to follow this  
I ❤️ A.J.

I love stacking sense avoidance perks

I was thinking about this earlier.

Jason's rely heavily on sense.  Without sense, Jason has a hard time seeing counselors.

There has been a number of times where it has saved me at the end of the game.  Most recently, Jason was chasing me on Camp Crystal Lake map.  I got out of the cabin and crouched down in the grass, kind of hidden.  I saw Jason run out to look for me.  His head was turning around and he looked for a second, but he morphed somewhere else.  He hit his sense and couldn’t see me, and he gave up real quick and he went to the other counselor who was still alive.  Had Jason seen me on sense, he likely would’ve continued his chase and would’ve killed me.

Once he went away I finished fixing the boat and left.  He later saw me and tried to chase me, but he had negative water, so he was just able to keep up with the boat.  I already had a head start on him.  He couldn’t catch me, so he gave up and went to the other counselor.

There’s other times where Jason’s will just quit a chase or start running somewhere else for no explained reason.  Most of the time, I would be the last one alive and Jason just quits chasing?  He wouldn’t do that when I’m the last one alive.

I was hiding in Higgins house.  Last one alive.  I hear Jason’s music, and he left.  There was at least 5 min left in the game and I was the last one alive.  I didn’t see Jason the rest of the match.  I survived the night.  There’s no reason for him to discontinue searching when I’m the last one.

I think of all the perks, sense avoidance ones are some of the strongest perks.  Think about it.  If you get high ranking ones and stack them, you avoid Jason’s sense half of the time.  And even if you don’t escape, at the very least at some point in game, you’ll get a second chance.  As long as you have a high stealth counselor that doesn’t emit a lot of noise, you’ll be fine.  This strategy wouldn’t work on low stealth counselors.

• Like 1

On 12/14/2020 at 2:08 PM, I ❤️ A.J. said:

I was thinking about this earlier.

Jason's rely heavily on sense.  Without sense, Jason has a hard time seeing counselors.

There has been a number of times where it has saved me at the end of the game.  Most recently, Jason was chasing me on Camp Crystal Lake map.  I got out of the cabin and crouched down in the grass, kind of hidden.  I saw Jason run out to look for me.  His head was turning around and he looked for a second, but he morphed somewhere else.  He hit his sense and couldn’t see me, and he gave up real quick and he went to the other counselor who was still alive.  Had Jason seen me on sense, he likely would’ve continued his chase and would’ve killed me.

Once he went away I finished fixing the boat and left.  He later saw me and tried to chase me, but he had negative water, so he was just able to keep up with the boat.  I already had a head start on him.  He couldn’t catch me, so he gave up and went to the other counselor.

There’s other times where Jason’s will just quit a chase or start running somewhere else for no explained reason.  Most of the time, I would be the last one alive and Jason just quits chasing?  He wouldn’t do that when I’m the last one alive.

I was hiding in Higgins house.  Last one alive.  I hear Jason’s music, and he left.  There was at least 5 min left in the game and I was the last one alive.  I didn’t see Jason the rest of the match.  I survived the night.  There’s no reason for him to discontinue searching when I’m the last one.

I think of all the perks, sense avoidance ones are some of the strongest perks.  Think about it.  If you get high ranking ones and stack them, you avoid Jason’s sense half of the time.  And even if you don’t escape, at the very least at some point in game, you’ll get a second chance.  As long as you have a high stealth counselor that doesn’t emit a lot of noise, you’ll be fine.  This strategy wouldn’t work on low stealth counselors.

Not really, absolutely not.  Avoidance perks is only helpful if the Jason player is weak and is struggling killing counselors before he has time to go look for you.  Once Jason eliminated other counselor (or if they escaped) and enter rage, assuming he still has a decent time on the clock left, he will eventually find you by spamming sense.  Escaping or killing Jason are better chances of survival, and if you are loaded out with meta perks (Medic, ThickSkinned, Nerves of Steal or Swift Attacker) you are better off running the clock than you would be if the slots are wasted with sense avoidance ones.

• Like 1

All the more reason why removing Sense toggle among things like manip of skill checks should've happened long ago. Either they wanted to hand hold the playerbase or were completely oblivious to how such things made good repair less crucial and Sense as a strength or weakness even matter.

• Like 1

On 12/15/2020 at 6:21 PM, GeneiJin said:

Not really, absolutely not.  Avoidance perks is only helpful if the Jason player is weak and is struggling killing counselors before he has time to go look for you.  Once Jason eliminated other counselor (or if they escaped) and enter rage, assuming he still has a decent time on the clock left, he will eventually find you by spamming sense.  Escaping or killing Jason are better chances of survival, and if you are loaded out with meta perks (Medic, ThickSkinned, Nerves of Steal or Swift Attacker) you are better off running the clock than you would be if the slots are wasted with sense avoidance ones.

🤣🤣 well then I guess I’ve been playing some crappy Jason’s then.

At worst, it might make it harder for Jason to track you and it will save you some time.  At best, it helps you survive the night.

I’ve had Jason’s tell me they had no idea where I was when I was the last one alive.  It’s happened more than a few times.  Enough for me to believe that it’s worth it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, I ❤️ A.J. said:

🤣🤣 well then I guess I’ve been playing some crappy Jason’s then.

At worst, it might make it harder for Jason to track you and it will save you some time.  At best, it helps you survive the night.

I’ve had Jason’s tell me they had no idea where I was when I was the last one alive.  It’s happened more than a few times.  Enough for me to believe that it’s worth it.

To be honest, 80% of all Jason players isn't all that good, and within the remaining 20% is large gap between decent to the very best.  A good Jason player can wipe the typical Quick Play Lobby easily before getting rage, leaving plenty of time to look for an cheeky counselor loaded with avoidance perks.  Most of these Players I find are couching in some remote location on the map, easy to ambush shift before the counselor even realize I've found them. 

16 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

That's why as Jason you have to play with psychological tactics. Say "I see you, but I'll save you for later."

Right.  I usually notice a counselor w/ avoidance perks when I'm hunting down someone else.  Because it's not guarantee to avoid sense, I'll let the counselor have an false "sense", :P , of security and nab them when they thought they were unnoticed.