odista2000

Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone Issue

Hello Everybody

I've been playing F13 on a PC for a while now and recently got a bluetooth headphone with a microphone.  I can connect the headphones to the computer and it works fine.  I can clearly hear music videos on YouTube for example.  The microphone works too.  When I play F13 though, other players can hear me but I can't hear the game at all through the headphones.  I found sort of a work around.  When I change the sound output option of the computer from the headphones to my speakers, that works.  I can hear the game through the speakers and talk to other players through the microphone.  However, I can't get the microphone and the headphones to work at the same time.

Although I can live with playing the game through my speakers, I would like to have it go through my headphones.  Does anybody have any suggestions for me?  The model number of my headphones is MPow HC5.  I'm using an HP computer with Windows 10.  I'm playing the game through Steam.  I don't think it matters, but I'm also using an Xbox controller too.  Thank you in advance for any suggestions you may have.

This is a limitation of Windows. You cannot listen to sound and use the microphone from bluetooth headphones. This is what I found when I tried to use bluetooth for the same thing. To my understanding there is no work around.

7 hours ago, Mince said:

This is a limitation of Windows. You cannot listen to sound and use the microphone from bluetooth headphones. This is what I found when I tried to use bluetooth for the same thing. To my understanding there is no work around.

I don't think your statements are correct.  The reason being is because my bluetooth headphones/microphone works together just fine on Skype so I don't believe it's a Windows issue.  I think there's something about the game itself that's preventing my microphone and headphones from working together.