Dragonfire82877

My goodbye and thanks

It is with a heavy heart that I will be retiring this game from my PS4. Ever since the servers shut down, my connection has went to shit. Even when I’m host, the gameplay is so jumpy it is impossible to pull off a straight forward shift grab with Jason.

I want to thank everyone here for the knowledge shared and the general conversation throughout the forums. The forums have been a staple for me since I joined back in early 2018. Unfortunately, they will be going away shortly as well. I will continue to visit them until they are archived (which I believe is unnecessary) but won’t be worth visiting after. Special thanks goes out to @Slasher_Clone, @Fair Play, @OCT 31 1978, @HaHaTrumpWon @badassgixxer05, @Strigoi, @Jason Todd Voorhees, @SirMang, @Somethin Cool, @GeneiJin, @Tommy86  If I listed your name, I just wanted to say thanks for the conversations, the knowledge of gameplay you shared, and/or just the general banter on the forum. I may have missed a few names because I suck at remembering names and we have lost a lot of good members since the lawsuit. 

Thanks also to @wes for bringing this game to life. We all had a hell of a ride with this game, but all good things have to come to an end. Thanks @mattshotcha for all your hard work and dealing with our crazy asses. Also thanks to @Kodiak, @JPops, @DamonD7 and @NthnButAGoodTime for keeping the forums running smoothly. 

With all that said, good bye everyone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 2

On 11/14/2020 at 12:05 PM, Dragonfire82877 said:

It is with a heavy heart that I will be retiring this game from my PS4. Ever since the servers shut down, my connection has went to shit. Even when I’m host, the gameplay is so jumpy it is impossible to pull off a straight forward shift grab with Jason.

I want to thank everyone here for the knowledge shared and the general conversation throughout the forums. The forums have been a staple for me since I joined back in early 2018. Unfortunately, they will be going away shortly as well. I will continue to visit them until they are archived (which I believe is unnecessary) but won’t be worth visiting after. Special thanks goes out to @Slasher_Clone, @Fair Play, @OCT 31 1978, @HaHaTrumpWon @badassgixxer05, @Strigoi, @Jason Todd Voorhees, @SirMang, @Somethin Cool, @GeneiJin, @Tommy86  If I listed your name, I just wanted to say thanks for the conversations, the knowledge of gameplay you shared, and/or just the general banter on the forum. I may have missed a few names because I suck at remembering names and we have lost a lot of good members since the lawsuit. 

Thanks also to @wes for bringing this game to life. We all had a hell of a ride with this game, but all good things have to come to an end. Thanks @mattshotcha for all your hard work and dealing with our crazy asses. Also thanks to @Kodiak, @JPops, @DamonD7 and @NthnButAGoodTime for keeping the forums running smoothly. 

Well said my friend.( as usual.)

Words and sentiments we both share thank you for all the good threads/ topics/ times they will be missed.

hope to see you on @Jason Todd Voorhees forum.

And unfortunately your connection has been shit I still hope to run into you in camp one day as well.

I want to try to get some games in this weekend as I haven’t been able to play for several weeks now a lot going on since the loss in our family.

User name ps4: OCT 31 78 

• Like 2

Hate to hear it. Hopefully it turns out to be a vacation rather than a full-blown retirement. Most of us had to deal with P2P before, so It's more of a matter of getting used to it again. I can deal with a jittery ping, my internet has always been poop, so I was used to dealing with it at times even with dedicated servers. It's the host quitting that's getting to me right now, but hopefully that'll calm down a little after a couple of weeks.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Thanks hope to see you on Gun medias next project forum.

I Really enjoyed your conversation and input.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

Oh man this is saddening. :(

I am sorry you have had to deal with that Peer to Peer issues....I hope one day you return to the camp grounds and start killing with us again! :(

• Like 2

My PSN is the same as my name here, drop me an invite or a friend request anytime.

I too, hope to see you on Gun’s next project’s forums.

I promised you something a long time ago brother, if you do send that friend request, I hope you’ll let me pick what we play and how we play it, so I can keep that promise. I feel you on the connection problems, I don’t think I ever jerked around as host before we had DS but I do now. Lots of good memories here, I do kinda wish they’d just leave it, the forum. It’s not like we even break the rules anymore, wonder if they could just lock out anyone from joining and leaving us old timers the abandoned camp (the forum). 

Hope to see you in another place, don’t be a stranger if you recognize me first. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

My PSN is the same as my name here, drop me an invite or a friend request anytime.

I promised you something a long time ago brother, if you do send that friend request, I hope you’ll let me pick what we play and how we play it, so I can keep that promise. I feel you on the connection problems, I don’t think I ever jerked around as host before we had DS but I do now. Lots of good memories here, I do kinda wish they’d just leave it, the forum. It’s not like we even break the rules anymore, wonder if they could just lock out anyone from joining and leaving us old timers the abandoned camp (the forum). 

Hope to see you in another place, don’t be a stranger if you recognize me first. 

I feel the same about the forum. It would be nice to leave it open, but I understand if they choose not to.

On the bright side, the forum that @Jason Todd Voorhees  made is another option for those who wish to stay in touch.

On 11/14/2020 at 9:00 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Nice! And as Fair Play said my forum is open for all!

• Like 1

@Dragonfire82877 Thanks for the shout out.  I also ended my F13 journey the day before the update.  Good luck to you moving forward in this mad world and the same to everyone.

• Like 1