Sign in to follow this  
turfking8

Is there a way to make the host be Jason every time and to rotate hosts after each game?

Hi all  was wondering if this is possible? if you could make the host be Jason each time... this way there will be less quitting because if Jason's going to quit, they usually quit early which sucks but the bigger annoyance problem comes in when you're halfway through a game and the host gets murdered and he quits so my idea to fix this is to always make the host be Jason and after each game randomly choose a new host instead of it being the same one until the reset of that Lobby. if it's possible? I don't know if it's possible but if it's possible that would solve a lot of problems with peer-to-peer, please give me any information you can  thanks much.

PS> I don't know how much it cost to keep the dedicated servers up and running but if it was possible for everybody that's interested into keeping them up, to pay a monthly fee... I'd be on board with that. We all can chip in a few bucks, I don't know how much they cost but if it's possible I think you'd have a good amount of people willing to throw a couple bucks at it every month, just hypothesizing

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

59 minutes ago, turfking8 said:

Really no one can answer this question, no one at Gun? 

They've been buried under the avalanche of forum activity the last few days, but both of your questions were previously answered. Making the host Jason every match is not a possibility. They looked into host migration but hit a wall. There was also a hard no to the fanbase finically contributing to keeping the dedicated servers alive. There's an entire thread dedicated to that subject if you want to check it out. Its under General Discussions under GoFundMe for Dedicated Servers. Matt's response is at the bottom of the thread.

Thanks very much I will give it a read but if that is the case and I believe that this game is a r i p situation where as Jason being the host each time could have solved most of that. Sure will have the private games but that will only last so long now with the peer-to-peer quick play. Thanks again for your information and help. Hope to see you around if you're on Xbox. Cheers

That was actually a really good suggestion mate and it makes perfect sense even. So I don't know why it'd be such a difficult and complicated task for them to do. Dead By Daylight has it set up that way where the killer is the host. It doesn't totally eliminate rage quitting, but it definitely minimizes the odds of it happening. The other issue from what I can tell is you don't have the option to opt out of being the host. So it put's people in the position of having to leave the room if they are the host if they have slow internet. I could see it creating an embarrassing situation for some. It doesn't really strike me like a whole lot of actual effort and any real intelligent thought was put in to this conversion to peer to peer keeping the same exact model as they had when running dedicated servers. 🤦‍♂️

I am gonna add that link to my response for anyone who wants to read it over. That way it saves people from having to dig for it. lol Anyway have a good one everyone. Stay safe and stay blessed all.😎

GoFundMe For Dedicated servers

Edited by KOOLLAYDTAC
Corrections.

On 11/15/2020 at 6:03 AM, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

That was actually a really good suggestion mate and it makes perfect sense even. So I don't know why it'd be such a difficult and complicated task for them to do. Dead By Daylight has it set up that way where the killer is the host. It doesn't totally eliminate rage quitting, but it definitely minimizes the odds of it happening. The other issue from what I can tell is you don't have the option to opt out of being the host. So it put's people in the position of having to leave the room if they are the host if they have slow internet. I could see it creating an embarrassing situation for some. It doesn't really strike me like a whole lot of actual effort and any real intelligent thought was put in to this conversion to peer to peer keeping the same exact model as they had when running dedicated servers. 🤦‍♂️

I am gonna add that link to my response for anyone who wants to read it over. That way it saves people from having to dig for it. lol Anyway have a good one everyone. Stay safe and stay blessed all.😎

GoFundMe For Dedicated servers

They already comment that a GoFundMe wouldn't work I believe.

• Like 1

On 11/16/2020 at 1:37 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

They already comment that a GoFundMe wouldn't work I believe.

Ya they did mate. I can see if them opting to add in a subscription model before I could a GoFundMe page to be entirely honest. As much as it is a pain loosing the dedicated servers and it could argued they made millions on the game I actually think going to a host system was a smart idea on their parts. I mean $7,000 a month is a lot to pay for. That's roughly $84,000 a year. So I personally wouldn't expect them to pay that forever. I might actually decide to answer one of those threads on Steam where people are looking for players to form a group to play with just to avoid some of the headaches you get in random matches with host disconnects that I've been hearing about. lol😎

On 11/20/2020 at 2:18 PM, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

Ya they did mate. I can see if them opting to add in a subscription model before I could a GoFundMe page to be entirely honest. As much as it is a pain loosing the dedicated servers and it could argued they made millions on the game I actually think going to a host system was a smart idea on their parts. I mean $7,000 a month is a lot to pay for. That's roughly $84,000 a year. So I personally wouldn't expect them to pay that forever. I might actually decide to answer one of those threads on Steam where people are looking for players to form a group to play with just to avoid some of the headaches you get in random matches with host disconnects that I've been hearing about. lol😎

:(