Sign in to follow this  
aurllcooljay

The Current Solution to Offline Play

So with this last patch things are the same offline, most Jasons and kills behind a level lock. Some of you are paranoid about the servers eventually going down, which would take away that progress (and lets be honest, it's a possibility). So here is the current best solution.

Turns out the game remembers what kills you had equipped on each Jason. In a match you'll still be able to use whatever four kills were assigned. Now you're thinking, but what good is that when I can only play as Part 3 and 5 (and Savini if you have it)? Well the game also remembers what Jason you have selected. In offline matches that doesn't matter because the game requires you to choose which Jason to play, in which case the level lock applies. But in Challenges, you can choose to start the challenge, bypassing the Jason select screen and playing as the currently selected Jason.

Knowing that, here's what you can do to keep every Jason/kill unlocked offline. These instructions are for PS4 users, not sure how it works on Xbox One. Make a copy of the save file for every selected Jason you want. On the PS4 you go to Settings, then Application Saved Data Management, then Saved Data in System Storage, then Copy to USB Storage Device (you'll need a usb storage device connected of course). It will then show what games you have saved data for. Choose Friday the 13th The Game and select the only file there is, User Settings.

Now connect the usb to your computer. Double click on the folder named PS4, then SAVEDATA, then 45401d4a40f209fa, then CUSA07878. There are two files in there,  UserSettings and UserSettings.bin. These files contain your save data. Put the files on your computer and copy them back onto the usb when you need them (you'll need to put them back in the folder CUSA07878, or the PS4 won't recognize them as save files).

To make things easier, create folders on the computer to let you know what each save file contains. For example if you copy a save with Part 6 Jason holding the machete, name the folder Part 6 Machete and put the files in there (never change the name of the files themselves because then the PS4 won't be able to use them).

And that's how you'll still have access to every Jason and kill if the servers ever get shut down. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

pretty interesting. 

I have an old version on an old ps4, with offline bots when they actually worked decent, and with the old grab system. Wish I would've known this beforehand and had this method set up. unfortunately stuck with part 3 and 5 I think. 

That's a very clever workaround @aurllcooljay. A lot of games seem to make of a similar circumstance.

Hopefully an offline profile save will become a thing, so people don't have to resort to this.

• Like 7

18 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Hopefully an offline profile save will become a thing, so people don't have to resort to this.

Interesting, never knew about offline profile saves. I'm also hoping for that. Unless the servers are expected to last forever, that would be the only true way to preserve everything.

10 hours ago, aurllcooljay said:

Interesting, never knew about offline profile saves. I'm also hoping for that. Unless the servers are expected to last forever, that would be the only true way to preserve everything.

We'll see what the future holds. An offline save profile would be ideal.

• Like 5

You cannot make copies of saves on Xbox One. They can only be stored on the internal drive and in the cloud. You cannot transfer or make a save onto an external drive on Xbox. This particular game can only have one save at a time although you could technically keep the local one different than the one that is in the cloud as long as you stayed offline from Xbox Live and didn't try to sync the saves when playing connected to Xbox Live.

The game on Xbox does remember your Jason loadout so if/when the database is shutdown and if there is no working offline save solution it would be possible on Xbox for at least your preferred Jason. You could technically create multiple accounts each with their own save but that would require unlocking the Jasons and kills for each account. If your Xbox is your Home console or if you installed the kill packs from the Slasher Edition then you would have access to the purchased DLC kills with those other accounts.

Gun has said they would offer a offline save solution if/when the database is shutdown but I'll believe that when I see it available and working without bugs.

13 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

You cannot make copies of saves on Xbox One. They can only be stored on the internal drive and in the cloud. You cannot transfer or make a save onto an external drive on Xbox. This particular game can only have one save at a time although you could technically keep the local one different than the one that is in the cloud as longa as you stayed offline from Xbox Live and didn't try to sync the saves when playing connected to Xbox Live.

The game on Xbox does remember your Jason loadout so if/when the database is shutdown and if there is no working offline save solution it would be possible on Xbox for at least your preferred Jason. You could technically create multiple accounts each with their own save but that would require unlocking the Jasons and kills for each account. If your Xbox is your Home console or if you installed the kill packs from the Slasher Edition then you would have access to the purchased DLC kills with those other accounts.

Gun has said they would offer a offline save solution if/when the database is shutdown but I'll believe that when I see it available and working without bugs.

Damn RIP Xbox 

Here's a short video showing how it works when you are offline and what the game remembers (I disconnected the internet):

weird, i have everything when i played offline at my summer house last weekend.