PackASnack_Lodge

list any issues found from the "Final" patch

My friends and I got a car up and running in 3 separate games last night and each time it was on the verge of uncontrollable. It was like the car was being driven on ice! It was hilarious to begin with, but can see it being a bit of a drag if it’s all the time. There also seems to be random loss of sound effects. The audio for some drawers opening or characters footsteps seems to come and go as well. Anyone else noticed?

5 minutes ago, HeavyShit said:

My friends and I got a car up and running in 3 separate games last night and each time it was on the verge of uncontrollable. It was like the car was being driven on ice! It was hilarious to begin with, but can see it being a bit of a drag if it’s all the time. There also seems to be random loss of sound effects. The audio for some drawers opening or characters footsteps seems to come and go as well. Anyone else noticed?

That's a ping related issue. The higher your ping the harder it is to control the car. Or enter any inputs for that matter. I always lobby jump til I'm on steady white ping. Anything higher and it becomes hard to play. 

Game settings like video settings and stuff still do not save on the PC version mates. How many patches does it take to fix that? lol Might want to have that done on the final patch. I'm just saying. lol😉

2 hours ago, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

Game settings like video settings and stuff still do not save on the PC version mates. How many patches does it take to fix that? lol Might want to have that done on the final patch. I'm just saying. lol😉

I asked Matt over a week ago if a fix for this problem was going to be part of that last patch and he did not even answer.

The issue has been present for two years and a half and I doubt it ever was on their radar of things to fix.

Fairly often, as Jason, I'll be unable to swing after blocking an attack. I can still block again or exit combat stance but swinging won't work unless I exit the stance or take a hit.

I was going to hit up JasonKillsBugs first, but I wanted to see if I was the only one having this issue.

5 hours ago, makred78 said:

I asked Matt over a week ago if a fix for this problem was going to be part of that last patch and he did not even answer.

The issue has been present for two years and a half and I doubt it ever was on their radar of things to fix.

That issue must have real low priority to have been passed on for so long.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, The Noble Idiot said:

Fairly often, as Jason, I'll be unable to swing after blocking an attack. I can still block again or exit combat stance but swinging won't work unless I exit the stance or take a hit.

I was going to hit up JasonKillsBugs first, but I wanted to see if I was the only one having this issue.

Probably ping related. Not much they can do about it. I know host Jason works fine other than the combat stance delay they coded in to try to get rid of sliding.

8 hours ago, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

Yeah that's been an annoyance for me for a while. Every time I launch the game I have to go in and change my video settings. There is a thread on here that mentions editing some configuration files to fix the problem but I've never been able to get that to work.

Another issue I've found is that when I am a host and a match starts, the game changes the window size of the game (I play in Windowed mode). It only happens when I am a host. Odd.

Tent bug where bots hide in tents on offline mode  Pinehurst and they get stuck standing outside of the tent. Jason cannot do the sleeping bag kill when this occurs. 

I don't know if this bug existed before the latest patch or not (I don't recall it happening before) but: If Jason sets a trap at a car's driver side door and I eat the trap and have a key, the game will often break me out of the trap immediately and put me in the car. Then if I try to start the car, the ignition will continuously crank but never start because the game still thinks I'm stuck in the trap.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phantom Stranger said:

I don't know if this bug existed before the latest patch or not (I don't recall it happening before) but: If Jason sets a trap at a car's driver side door and I eat the trap and have a key, the game will often break me out ofmthe trap immediately and put me in the car. Then if I try to start the car, the ignition will continuously crank but never start because the game still thinks I'm stuck in the trap.

No, that's not new. Happened to me several times over the years, and it usually means I'm stuck in the car until Jason pulls me out. It tends to happen when you start to open the door and step into the trap at about the exact same time. It may happen in other instances too, I don't know, but that's how it was the three or so times it happened to me. Usually, when I try to get cute and open the door around a poorly placed trap, and the attempt doesn't work out so well.  

More of a concern: is it possible to remove some of Tommy's spawn lines? Specifically the ones wherein he says something to the effect of 'I have to escape'? Played a few games wherein a new player was Tommy and immediately took off with the car/boat. I know they were new because they were at most level 5 (I like to check people's level while I'm in the lobby so I know what to expect).