After Tuesday's patch, how frequently will you play this game?  

45 members have voted

1. 1. After Tuesday's patch, how frequently will you play this game?

• A lot more
    • A bit more
    • About the same amount
    • A bit less
    • A lot less
    • I'll be done
    • Unsure

Honestly, I'll be taking a step back at least for a while. I've been playing the shit of this game the last few months preparing for this inevitability. I need a break, and promised myself I'd take one once the dedicated servers were shutdown. I'm still going to play, just not nightly like I do now. For now, I'm probably going to limit myself to when I have friends on who want to play, but I'm done going solo for a while. It's not just the switch to P2P either, as I fear once the new consoles come out, the casual player base on the console side may dry up. That might improve the quality of lobbies with mostly the hardcores still playing, but its finding a full lobby to play in that may be the problem.

Depends on if host quitting is super common or not.

Would be nice if they add options on the main menu to host game or join game, or even let us pick what lobby to join.

54 minutes ago, Rabid-child said:

Depends on if host quitting is super common or not.

On PC it will be almost every match.

I voted "a bit less" but we will see. 

Back when the servers were constantly being hacked there were a lot more Private Matches to choose from.  There were even lots of PMs where you didn't have to use a mic which is nice when I'm not in the mood to listen to people's nonesense.  So hopefully that is the case again when servers are shut down for good.

I plan to lobby jump til I get host so host rage quitting really won't be an issue for me. In fact it will be better as far as I'm concerned. It's been a long time since I could quick block in a public lobby. 

It's nice to see the variety of perspectives on this one.

15 hours ago, Rabid-child said:

Would be nice if the have up options on the main menu to host game or join game, or even let is pick what lobby to join.

This alone would have stopped a lot of the hosts quitting frustrating other players.

11 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I'll keep playing!!!

As will many of us.

6 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

I'll reserve my answer until Wednesday 🙃

Fair enough, and understandable.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

I plan to lobby jump til I get host so host rage quitting really won't be an issue for me. In fact it will be better as far as I'm concerned. It's been a long time since I could quick block in a public lobby. 

Smart move.

• Like 4

Just played 6 games , 1 game lasted as i was Jason and left the host for last ! I'm as die hard as the next , it's over , just a matter of time !

I’ll still play. I love this game. Despite all the issues. There’s nothing like just picking this up and killing some bot counselors as Jason. I’ve also met some of the best people in the Xbox gaming community playing this game online. I’ve never felt another feeling of excitement of a game like during the first few weeks of this game’s release. So if anyone wants to add me on Xbox to have some decent games, CharlieBdeaD. 

Well so far  the host has rage quit every match when about to be killed or killed. Good news the 2 rock glitches on Higgins small are FIXED!!!! No more rock climbing on that map. I haven't been on Jarvis or Pinehurst to see if those rock glitches are fixed. I read that Sliding is still possible(go figure) but have yet to confirm whether that is true. The Saving Data Loop is STILL a problem when rolling perks.

17 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Well so far  the host has rage quit every match when about to be killed or killed. Good news the 2 rock glitches on Higgins small are FIXED!!!! No more rock climbing on that map. I haven't been on Jarvis or Pinehurst to see if those rock glitches are fixed. I read that Sliding is still possible(go figure) but have yet to confirm whether that is true. The Saving Data Loop is STILL a problem when rolling perks.

If you can end up as host yourself, there is a lot less frustration with rage quits.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

UPDATE... Just was on Jarvis map. The rock glitch in the south part of the map has also been fixed!! Only Pinehurst is left to test.

• Thanks 1

Almost brings a tear to my eye. Six host quits in a row.

But I did hear Tommy say something that I’ve never heard him say before. “Jason belongs in hell, and I’m gonna see that he gets there”, or something like that. I rarely get to play Tommy, but I’ve never heard him say that. 

50 minutes ago, Pyegow said:

Almost brings a tear to my eye. Six host quits in a row.

But I did hear Tommy say something that I’ve never heard him say before. “Jason belongs in hell, and I’m gonna see that he gets there”, or something like that. I rarely get to play Tommy, but I’ve never heard him say that. 

Tommy's lines got fixed.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

i noticed something wierd why are the ms 200 plus now in every match ?

ok it seems the lowest is 200ms  and goes to 999ms alot the games unplayable  :(

So after playing a few matches, every other match I encountered a connection timeout issue and on one occasion a connection related blue screen. It didn't say I was kicked, so it might not have been due to the host leaving. My ping was constantly 180-200ms every match, so that could have been it. Anyway, finding a match wasn't a problem. It was actually quite refreshing to have some new names and voices pop up in a lobby. And even though my ping has now gone up considerably from the 32-40ms I usually have, the game was still just about playable - I refuse play above 200ms. Therefore I will probably play a lot less now and conduct a burial in the back garden for my game CD in about a month, as there is no doubt the remaining player base will decline rapidly due to the kicks, disconnects and poor connection quality that comes with p2p.

Edit: Yeah, I'm all but done with this game now. Established that connection timeouts are due to the host closing the application or dropping internet connection as oppose to leaving via the game menu. These salty, immature players who leave because they are killed/being killed have no consideration for anyone else in the game. This is something I will never comprehend as IT IS ONLY A GAME, and it doesn't hurt to spectate for a few minutes (unless the last dude is set on hiding in a tent for 10 mins). Regardless, some people need to learn to hold their L, stick around and come better next match. *sigh*

Edited by F13 Seppuku Squad
Update: Hosts leaving.

Well, tried a few matches myself... Reminded me of why I was dreading going back to P2P. The games not unplayable, it's just a lot more of a slough in Pub Lobbies. Had trouble finding a match at first oddly... Took about ten minutes and three search restarts to finally find one,  but then nobody wanted to stay in the lobby so it seemed to take another ten for the lobby to finally fill up with people who actually wanted to play. The hosts internet was choppy but otherwise a relatively normal match. Took me another ten minutes to find the next match, only for half the lobby to decide to leave during the loading screen, leaving only three people, including Jason, left at the start of the match. That was a bit frustrating considering I've been on the game for nearly an hour at that point and had barely played yet. Surprisingly, didn't have much trouble finding matches after this... That's when the host rage quitting began... Three before or as soon as they died, and one asshole who left the match almost immediately after escaping by himself in the two-seater... Not sure which one is worse to be honest. Got to play one match through to the end with some choppy internet, but it was better than nothing. Every bit as frustrating as I imagined it. Think I'm going to take that break I was talking about, and hopefully in a couple of weeks things will calm down once everybody's used to P2P again. 

I wish that when the host quit, the game would at least count the match and give experience as if the match had finished. 

As it is now, this is really frustrating. Host migration should have been a priority over bug fixes 

Well at this point, I can’t even play properly with the P2P servers. Even as host my game is still laggy as hell and my internet is actually very good. I don’t really ever see ping rates below 100 anymore (mine was a consistent 60-70ms before all this). Now no matter the host I’m consistently 150-250 or more. As host, others seem to have 150 or less but my game is so unplayable that my ping (which I can’t see as host) has to be 350-500 at least. The frame rate is like 2fps 😂 Playing as Jason is also very difficult in my experience now. Grabs are even worse than before and forget throwing knives. By the time the game registers to throw the knife, the counselor is long gone. 🙄

1 hour ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Well, tried a few matches myself... Reminded me of why I was dreading going back to P2P. The games not unplayable, it's just a lot more of a slough in Pub Lobbies. Had trouble finding a match at first oddly... Took about ten minutes and three search restarts to finally find one,  but then nobody wanted to stay in the lobby so it seemed to take another ten for the lobby to finally fill up with people who actually wanted to play. The hosts internet was choppy but otherwise a relatively normal match. Took me another ten minutes to find the next match, only for half the lobby to decide to leave during the loading screen, leaving only three people, including Jason, left at the start of the match. That was a bit frustrating considering I've been on the game for nearly an hour at that point and had barely played yet. Surprisingly, didn't have much trouble finding matches after this... That's when the host rage quitting began... Three before or as soon as they died, and one asshole who left the match almost immediately after escaping by himself in the two-seater... Not sure which one is worse to be honest. Got to play one match through to the end with some choppy internet, but it was better than nothing. Every bit as frustrating as I imagined it. Think I'm going to take that break I was talking about, and hopefully in a couple of weeks things will calm down once everybody's used to P2P again. 

Do you have any games that'll tide you over during your break?

19 minutes ago, gmintz09 said:

Well at this point, I can’t even play properly with the P2P servers. Even as host my game is still laggy as hell and my internet is actually very good. I don’t really ever see ping rates below 100 anymore (mine was a consistent 60-70ms before all this). Now no matter the host I’m consistently 150-250 or more. As host, others seem to have 150 or less but my game is so unplayable that my ping (which I can’t see as host) has to be 350-500 at least. The frame rate is like 2fps 😂 Playing as Jason is also very difficult in my experience now. Grabs are even worse than before and forget throwing knives. By the time the game registers to throw the knife, the counselor is long gone. 🙄

2fps, ouch...

• Haha 4