Absolutely should be fixed.

I could see this being a further death nail for the PC playerbase on top of peer to peer.

10 hours ago, Abadon said:

Thanks for understanding

You're welcome.

I've played a few games online through PC. I've seen cheating and toxic players, but never to the degree that people acknowledge for this game. Tomorrow's patch will prove quite interesting.

• Thanks 1

@Abadon For what it's worth...

• @Mayday reported this in March and actually predicted that the hackers would hack-ban reporters on Steam. The thread was closed due to hackers expressing their guilt but pleading their innocence. Thus there was no comeback on the matter.
  • A patch was released in June to fix the Jason demask (buff), car-knife collision detection, random counselor glitch (not resolved), flare gun stamina glitch and a few other minors. Nothing mentioned in the Patch Notes regarding a fix for users illegally gaining access to the server, or that it is even under investigation for the next patch cycle, despite it previously being said that the devs were "already working to implement a fix."
  • The servers were attacked at the beginning of July (affecting all platforms) and a patch was relased over a month later. The Patch Notes failed to mention anything regarding the "cleaning" of perks/CP. And again, no follow up to confirm whether or not the hackers had been identified and can no longer get into the servers. Apparently not much information could be divulged at the time due to the matter being a criminal act and Gun cooperating with law enforcement.
  • The final patch is now imminent. Patch Notes state that dedicated host servers will be decommissioned but the database servers will remain. However, it does not specify any details in regards to the complete denial of server access to hackers and restoration of perks and CP to those affected; something which the devs were supposedly looking into 8 months ago.
  • Like 2

Nothing's going to change. And it's going to get worse. Hackers still remove perks and CP`s. Hackers don't care. They just have to be found on their IP and arrested. Tick-tock! Tick-tock!

When they spent some time fixing the servers I thought they would fix this flaw too, but NOTHING was done about it.
How can the perks removal hack not be a priority in this final patch? incomprehensible !!!

• Like 2

@F13 Seppuku Squad Thanks for all the information, the reason I'm sharing the situation here is because everything is out of control. Hackers have started deleting people's perks again and they will continue to do so I've been used to being without perks or without cps since March. What I really expected was for them to be fixed. No one here is talking about speed ,flying, or teleporting hack. What bothers us is that their hands is reaching our accounts right now. The devs, along with the firm they work for, are tracking the people who carried out these attacks. Those who carry out these attacks are not aware of the seriousness of the situation. They don't realize what they're doing is a big crime. It's not easy for us to just say it's a game and pass. If we had maybe 50 hours at most, we could say that.
So the real problem is other players (hackers) are changing what other people have or taking it away forever.

@Abadon, it's not that the hackers lack understanding of the crimes they commit. It is more like they don't care.

It's a shame that the PC players have to endure this kind of behavior.

• Like 1

@Fair Play You've seen for yourself how we play games, after playing games like this, who doesn't want them to be banned. And here they say," you deserve it." I don't have anything to say. There's other evidence if you really want to see a moment of erasure. If you want to watch it all, you can rewind it. I'm just putting that time right in. I don't want to get too far from the subject, but they look alike. Unauthorized access.

If you've been affected by this, please reach out to JasonKillsBugs.com and the support team will walk through it with you. 

While you may or may not be able to access the account again, depending on what was actually done to your account, that is the vital first step.

On the topic of this constant back and forth with the people responsible, please do not engage. There is a reason we keep reports private. Locking yourselves into these arguments in the comment section of YouTube videos is like saying "Hi it's me, the person who reported you." The privacy we keep on reports is there for a reason.

All that said, no, no one should ever have to deal with this and I'm not trying to excuse any of it. I am asking that we don't make it any easier to be a target by blasting the hackers publicly every chance we get. 

Please reach out to JKB and I'll give the support team a heads up to expect the tickets.

23 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

We have written to JKB many times about this. They replied that they were investigating .... but we are still at the same point today...

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

If you've been affected by this, please reach out to JasonKillsBugs.com and the support team will walk through it with you. 

While you may or may not be able to access the account again, depending on what was actually done to your account, that is the vital first step.

On the topic of this constant back and forth with the people responsible, please do not engage. There is a reason we keep reports private. Locking yourselves into these arguments in the comment section of YouTube videos is like saying "Hi it's me, the person who reported you." The privacy we keep on reports is there for a reason.

All that said, no, no one should ever have to deal with this and I'm not trying to excuse any of it. I am asking that we don't make it any easier to be a target by blasting the hackers publicly every chance we get. 

Please reach out to JKB and I'll give the support team a heads up to expect the tickets.

To put it more directly... Back in March you said that the dev team were working on a fix for the server being accessed illegally. After 8 months, two patches and now the final patch pretty much here, can you please catagorically state whether or not the issue will remain as it from here on out? This will be greatly appreciated and stop users like @Mayday, @Psychophonic and @Abadon clinging onto a glimmer of hope that the issue might eventually be resolved (last patch or not). Those guys have repeatedly stated that they are doing everything required on their end (reporting to JKB), yet they are seemingly being pissed on and told that it is raining. Engaging the hackers/cheaters is the least of their problem. This issue has a considerable bearing on all other PC players, as it would seem that the hackers are planning to un-ban each other once your team has shut up shop. In turn, if the servers are still vulnerable, then I believe that we will inevitably see players across all platforms suffer with connection failures when trying to log into the database server - a lá a repeat of July's DDoS.

Nutshell: Will the hackers still have access to the database server and be able to delete users' perks and CP? Will they still be able to modify the game to fly, speed boost, auto-call cops, instant grab breaks, walk on water etc.? Will they still be able to hack-ban the genuine players who report them? We need a definitive answer, Matt.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

To put it more directly... Back in March you said that the dev team were working on a fix for the server being accessed illegally. After 8 months, two patches and now the final patch pretty much here, can you please catagorically state whether or not the issue will remain as it from here on out? This will be greatly appreciated and stop users like @Mayday, @Psychophonic and @Abadon clinging onto a glimmer of hope that the issue might eventually be resolved (last patch or not). Those guys have repeatedly stated that they are doing everthing required on their end (reporting to JKB), yet they are seemingly being pissed on and told that it is raining. Engaging the hackers/cheaters is the least of their problem. This issue has a considerable bearing on all other PC players, as it would seem that the hackers are planning to un-ban each other once your team has shut up shop. In turn, if the servers are still vulnerable, then I believe that we will inevitably see players across all platforms suffer with connection failures when trying to log in to the database server - a lá a repeat of July's DDoS.

Nutshell: Will the hackers still have access to the database server and be able to delete users' perks and CP? Will they still be able to modify the game to fly, speed boost, auto-call cops, instant grab breaks, walk on water etc.? Will they still be able to hack-ban the genuine players who report them? We need a definitive answer, Matt.

First off, I understand you're frustration, but let's take a breath here before we get too heated. 

There are two issues at play, and two issues I've been trying to respond to that sound extremely similar. There is an issue where players were blocked from buying new perks and had their perks wiped out. That is separate from a database login error on an account. Since reporting of the one issue bled into reporting of the other, we needed people to contact support to identify what issue they were seeing. 

The issue of being unable to purchase new perks, etc has been resolved to the fullest we can resolve it. We cannot restore perks, but we've done what we can, via support, to get them as close to where they were prior.

The issue of the locked out accounts is a bit trickier. I do not believe at this time that there is a "fix" so much as a workaround. That will need to be resolved with support, though. I cannot resolve that from a mention on the forum.

And as far as the hackers being able to repeat what went on prior to the server fix or unban each other, that simply isn't true. The work done to correct the server issues stands.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

First off, I understand you're frustration, but let's take a breath here before we get too heated. 

There are two issues at play, and two issues I've been trying to respond to that sound extremely similar. There is an issue where players were blocked from buying new perks and had their perks wiped out. That is separate from a database login error on an account. Since reporting of the one issue bled into reporting of the other, we needed people to contact support to identify what issue they were seeing. 

The issue of being unable to purchase new perks, etc has been resolved to the fullest we can resolve it. We cannot restore perks, but we've done what we can, via support, to get them as close to where they were prior.

The issue of the locked out accounts is a bit trickier. I do not believe at this time that there is a "fix" so much as a workaround. That will need to be resolved with support, though. I cannot resolve that from a mention on the forum.

And as far as the hackers being able to repeat what went on prior to the server fix or unban each other, that simply isn't true. The work done to correct the server issues stands.

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I know tone cannot be conveyed well via text, but am so far removed from being heated, so we're cool. Just at the stage now where I feel time is running out so not looking to beat around the bush, and your response seemed very textbook, is all.

Now you mentioned that there are 2 issues at play. But there are actually 3. But I'll get to the third issue in a moment. So let me get this straight. The first issue is where players had their perks and CP "cleaned" and unable to buy new perks has been resolved, right? Well my understanding, and if you have read the posts here, is that if the affected players buy new perks, they will simply have them removed again. So technically the issue has not been resolved as wrongful access to the server is still happening. The second issue of players being unable to log into the database, that is still under investigation, right? Well it was originally mentioned back in July (see link to post below) and the OP has confimed that it was "reported to JKB many times." And as this issue stems from illegal access to the server it will require a patch to fix as nothing has been done to finalise a resolution in the last 3 patches. So what exactly is the timeframe of the investigation given that no more patches are set to be released? Or are you under the impression that the hackers no longer have access to the server to manipulate users' accounts?

It really seems like hackers illegally accessing the server is not a red flag for you guys, and that is worrying, Matt. And I say that because your team seems to be taking the approach to ban individuals rather than actually closing the gaping security hole. Which brings me onto the third issue that you missed out. You have hackers in your game who fly! ??? (and all the other stuff I mentioned in my last post). If players are editing your game's .pak files then you have another anti-hack issue on your hands that has been going on for years. A quick Google and I found forums discussing how to mod the game dating back to 2017 and many members here have posted about it still going on today. Is that problem going to be dealt with at all or have Gun long since given up on the PC player base?

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Just so you know where I'm coming from, I know tone cannot be conveyed well via text, but am so far removed from being heated, so we're cool. Just at the stage now where I feel time is running out so not looking to beat around the bush, and your response seemed very textbook, is all.

Now you mentioned that there are 2 issues at play. But there are actually 3. But I'll get to the third issue in a moment. So let me get this straight. The first issue is where players had their perks and CP "cleaned" and unable to buy new perks has been resolved, right? Well my understanding, and if you have read the posts here, is that if the affected players buy new peks, they will simply have them removed again. So technically the issue has not been resolved as wrongful access to the server is still happening. The second issue of players being unable to log into the database, that is still under investigation, right? Well it was originally mentioned back in July (see link to post below) and probably safe to say it was reported to JKB as well. And as this issue stems from illegal access to the server it will require a patch to fix as nothing has been done to finalise a resolution in the last 3 patches. So what exactly is the timeframe of the investigation given that no more patches are set to be released? Or are you under the impression that the hackers no longer have access to the server to manipulate users' accounts?

It really seems like hackers illegally accessing the server is not a red flag for you guys, and that is worrying, Matt. And I say that because your team seems to be taking the approach to ban individuals rather than actually closing the gaping security hole. Which brings me onto the third issue that you missed out. You have hackers in your game who fly ??? (and all the other stuff I mentioned in my last post). If players are editing your game's .pak files then you have another anti-hack issue on your hands that has been going on for years. A quick Google and I found forums discussing how to mod the game dating back to 2017 and many members here have posted about it still going on today. Is that problem going to be dealth with at all or have Gun already given up on the PC player base?

As to the first two points, I brought them up again with the team after my last reply. They're going to dig into it again and see where we stand on that before I speak too concretely on the status. Give me some time to hear back from them and I'll get back to you all.

The pak file situation is definitely an issue that has been an ongoing one in F13. We've worked in the past with our partners at EAC to limit as much of it as possible, and it's still an ongoing effort. I have to be honest here though, it is something that will inevitably exist without significant overhauls made the game.

And I totally understand the context in text thing. Thanks to the whole thread for staying in this conversation patiently.

1 minute ago, mattshotcha said:

As to the first two points, I brought them up again with the team after my last reply. They're going to dig into it again and see where we stand on that before I speak too concretely on the status. Give me some time to hear back from them and I'll get back to you all.

The pak file situation is definitely an issue that has been an ongoing one in F13. We've worked in the past with our partners at EAC to limit as much of it as possible, and it's still an ongoing effort. I have to be honest here though, it is something that will inevitably exist without significant overhauls made the game.

And I totally understand the context in text thing. Thanks to the whole thread for staying in this conversation patiently.

Well at least that is a little bit clearer for us to understand. My take away from what you've said is that even after the final patched is released the team are still working to resolve the perk/CP removal and database login failure issues. As skeptical as I am, that would mean the world to those affected if it is the case.

As for the .pak file issue, I guess it's safe to say that that is a lost battle. Very unfortunate, but I guess somewhat expected seen as it was left to fester throughout the game's life cycle. Sorry PC players, but it is what it is.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Well at least that is a little bit clearer for us to understand. My take away from what you've said is that even after the final patched is released the team are still working to resolve the perk/CP removal and database login failure issues. As skeptical as I am, that would mean the world to those affected if it is the case.

As for the .pak file issue, I guess it's safe to say that that is a lost battle. Very unfortunate, but I guess somewhat expected seen as it was left to fester throughout the game's life cycle. Sorry PC players, but it is what it is.

And again, being honest, I'm sure what all can be done on the topic of the perks and database issues. The team will follow up soon and I'll get that info out.

There's some aspects of the game that are simply too embedded, too baked in to fully turn around. So while they'll try and sync with partners to see what all can be done, I don't want to get any hopes up.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha I certainly didn't mean to cause trouble, please don't get me wrong. Thank you for your attention, I'm glad for your answers.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Abadon said:

@mattshotcha I certainly didn't mean to cause trouble, please don't get me wrong. Thank you for your attention, I'm glad for your answers.

Nope, no trouble at all!

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Abadon said:

@Fair Play You've seen for yourself how we play games, after playing games like this, who doesn't want them to be banned. And here they say," you deserve it." I don't have anything to say. There's other evidence if you really want to see a moment of erasure. If you want to watch it all, you can rewind it. I'm just putting that time right in. I don't want to get too far from the subject, but they look alike. Unauthorized access.

This is not something that the game devs can resolve, it's an easy anti cheat issue. They have an Easy anti cheat bypass that allows them to use the dev console commands to spawn the cops and type those in game messages. I know this because i have spent years investigating these types of cheats and hacks, and i also have access to all the programs they use, (I don't use them). As for the perk removing, it is a simple Visual studio application which i believe was created by a Russian who goes by the name "Behrad00G", there is a high chance it could have been someone else though. All they do is enter your steam URL and bam. They can change how much XP you get, what level you are and what perks you have. This has nothing to do with the devs, so don't expect them to be able to fix it. If anyone is gonna resolve this, it's gonna be Steam before anyone else. They need to implement a new URL system. These types of attacks happen on way more games than just f13.

• Like 1

Although I hope the devs are aware that the new update is broken, i have been "checking session for room" for 46 minuets as i'm typing this message. And the thing is i can't cancel it without restarting my game, just to have the same problem again. They better fix this one, i'll tell ya that.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Christian Smith9083465 said:

Although I hope the devs are aware that the new update is broken, i have been "checking session for room" for 46 minuets as i'm typing this message. And the thing is i can't cancel it without restarting my game, just to have the same problem again. They better fix this one, i'll tell ya that.

Thank you for the answers. so when I couldn't cancel, I opened a perk, and it got better. Maybe it's a temporary solution.

@Fair Play Thank you.