mattshotcha

Patch Notes - 11.10.2020

On 11/20/2020 at 3:33 PM, SirMang77 said:

Counselor slide/teleport is not fixed.

Don't know if it was stated anywhere.

The team is working on an updated patch with work being done as we speak.

I also want to point out that creating a new account to evade a ban is a ban offense.

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The team is working on an updated patch with work being done as we speak.

I also want to point out that creating a new account to evade a ban is a ban offense.

Will this patch involve any offline bot fixes? just curious 

Just now, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Will this patch involves any offline bot fixes? just curious 

No, as this isn't another patch so much as a hotfix for the last patch. We're only tackling issues that have come up after the last patch or were fixed in the last patch but still occurring in some cases.

What's going on? I can't get in any session since this morning. It redirects me to a session as host, but no one joins? Somebody with the same issue?

Did you really take away the giant weapon glitch, I am all for correcting glitches but this one wasn't really an advantage in the game or an annoying glitch that affected the gameplay  because it makes the weapons harder to use but it was the most hilarious glitch I have ever seen in a game. We get no new content or major updates, you can at least let us have our fun.

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Bu yamadan daha fazlasına ihtiyacımız var. :(

With the new patch coming to the game, some glitches were fixed, some remained and new bugs replaced those who went. Patches need to be brought to the game. Until the game is completely fixed. I agree with you on this.

Well the dedicated servers were definitely the cause of the random counselor/Jason glitch. I have YET to see that happen in P2P, no more fubar Jasons or counselors you didn't select.That's about the ONLY good thing that P2P was good for. I am glad that all the rock glitches are gone as well especially the HHS rock behind main house.

10 hours ago, Bloody Jason said:

With the new patch coming to the game, some glitches were fixed, some remained and new bugs replaced those who went. Patches need to be brought to the game. Until the game is completely fixed. I agree with you on this.

Thank you

On 12/6/2020 at 4:57 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

I am glad that all the rock glitches are gone as well especially the HHS rock behind main house.

A few rock glitches still remain. Just YouTube 'friday the 13th rock glitch' and you'll see a Higgins video posted as recent as yesterday. Also had people rock glitching on Jarvis just east of the main houses - Jason can get up there using combat stance heavy attacks, but only if the player knows that.

Other glitches like the big weapons glitch are more rampant than before; a fairly easy glitch kill method for "unlimited" XP is possible; unlimited stamina is still doable; Packanack roof is reachable (with help from Jason); and we all know counselor sliding didn't even get fixed. How Gun made a final patch without ensuring ALL present glitches/exploits were rectified is beyond me. Frankly they should be embarrassed to put their name to a product or service and be willing to leave it in the state it is currently in. They had no new content to work on for the last 2 and a half years, so this game should have been immaculate whilst it was still in IllFonic's hands. All GM had to do was get one QA person to scour YouTube once a month for glitches, report what they find and fix it. And it really wouldn't take long as most channels have the same glitches and exploits posted and they even instruct viewers on how to perform them. As much as we all would love to have had dedicated servers forever, we aren't asking for new game-defining changes to wrap things up. Just that they polish off what is already there. That includes everything from glitches to hackers to offline bots to broken perks. And I'm sorry, but that sentiment about "making changes at this stage would be like trying to remake an already baked cake" is just a massive cop-out. All that really means is that the team hired for the job is not fit for purpose. You can unscramble lines of code, you cannot unscramble an egg! You can backup a system and restore it, you cannot reproduce the same egg! Yet Black Tower can't even configure increased Legendary perk drop rates for an event without fear of breaking the system.

Anyway, I now find myself asking, "why do I even care, it's over now?" If GM don't seem too bothered by their successful yet broken product then I should just like it or lump it, right? I mean, it's almost a month after the last patch and we've heard nothing about the supposed "final" final patch to fix the stuff that didn't actually get fixed or got broken last time round, and we know GM don't do immediate hotfixes. Time to come to terms with the game's current state being its final iteration, guys. So on that note... DEUCES! 👋

On 12/8/2020 at 2:09 PM, Somethin Cool said:

Stop spamming the roll perk button.

This has never been a problem before

2 minutes ago, Michalek12134 said:

Why didn't you add Jason X

Rights dispute is not over so they couldn't if they wanted to.

On 12/9/2020 at 6:55 AM, Brock666 said:

This has never been a problem before

That's because they changed it to fix another bug with the last patch. So as long as you don't spam the roll perk button, you should be fine.

On 12/11/2020 at 8:10 AM, Somethin Cool said:

That's because they changed it to fix another bug with the last patch. So as long as you don't spam the roll perk button, you should be fine.

Ok. I have 300k+ CP. If roll 1 perk in one-two minutes (to avoid getting an error), how long will it take? A day?

This is a serious bug and it needs a fix! This has never happened before. I can't normal roll perks, my CP are just piling up

The bots need to be addressed. They continuously get stuck in hiding places and it's been this way for a LONG time now. Eventually the servers will be gone and all that will be left is the SP content. If you guys are still addressing bugs then address that one. We should also have the option to choose which counselors appear in the match as well as what outfit they will wear. We paid for the DLC clothing so I don't see why that should be too much to ask.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, FinalBoy said:

Eventually the servers will be gone

They have been gone for a month  it's peer to peer connections now and bots while I'd like them to be better are low priority as they are still looking into things that were suppose to be fixed with the most recent patch like sliding.Bots are unfortunately never going to get any better.

On 12/12/2020 at 4:31 AM, Brock666 said:

Ok. I have 300k+ CP. If roll 1 perk in one-two minutes (to avoid getting an error), how long will it take? A day?

This is a serious bug and it needs a fix! This has never happened before. I can't normal roll perks, my CP are just piling up

🤦‍♀️

Press the button to roll the perk ONLY ONCE. Wait until the perk roll is finished. Then if you want to roll another perk, press the button to roll the perk ONLY ONCE again. Spamming the button while the perk is rolling has absolutely no effect on the perk roll. It doesn't make it go any faster. It doesn't effect the outcome of the perk roll. Does that make sense now?

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

🤦‍♀️

Press the button to roll the perk ONLY ONCE. Wait until the perk roll is finished. Then if you want to roll another perk, press the button to roll the perk ONLY ONCE again. Spamming the button while the perk is rolling has absolutely no effect on the perk roll. It doesn't make it go any faster. It doesn't effect the outcome of the perk roll. Does that make sense now?

It doesn't work.

I roll perk. It works. I immediately sell this perk. It works.

I roll perk again. Error.

I don't spamming the button. Do you understand?

• Like 1

Somethin, Brock666 is quite correct as I can attest to this as well. It errors even if you go slow. It's way to picky at least on PC  it is. You can buy/roll 1 perk sell it and roll for another and it will error most of the time. It shouldn't be that picky but at least it doesn't lock up the game like before. It still needs to be looked at but it probably won't.

• Like 1