On 11/9/2020 at 11:48 AM, mattshotcha said:

Perk roll bug is listed in the patch notes. While you still will see an error if rolling/selling too quickly, the game will no longer crash. The backend needs ample time to keep up with those changes when rolling and selling so the error still will pop. But the game will not lock up.

Well whoop-dee-doo.  Games doesn't crash anymore!  It may as well, since if it the perk roller locks up it'll eventually "forget" your profile entirely, making you close the game anyways!

Good fix!

"Ample time to keep up"?  Is the backend being stored on an Apple II?  Smartphones can keep up with much more complicated synchronizations and this can't even handle a small data packet of "give/see perk with X bonus and Y flaw"?  That's either really bad hardware or a really bad network engineer.  Actually, probably both.

22 minutes ago, Sythalin said:

Well whoop-dee-doo.  Games doesn't crash anymore!  It may as well, since if it the perk roller locks up it'll eventually "forget" your profile entirely, making you close the game anyways!

Good fix!

"Ample time to keep up"?  Is the backend being stored on an Apple II?  Smartphones can keep up with much more complicated synchronizations and this can't even handle a small data packet of "give/see perk with X bonus and Y flaw"?  That's either really bad hardware or a really bad network engineer.  Actually, probably both.

I would recommend reporting this to JasonKillsBugs.com as this is the first I'm seeing of any issue like this. The team will investigate accordingly.

@Sythalin The team is taking a look, but we need that ticket in order to discuss with you further and troubleshoot the issue. As this is the only case like it we've come across, we'd need more info from you to troubleshoot accurately.

21 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

It’s never been about an AI Jason, and while I appreciate the response, it misses the point. I don’t care if there’s a Jason bot, I do care about wearing the costumes I purchased and driving the boat/car around. Busting up the other Counselors if I feel like it. Crystal Lake is as much a character as Jason within Friday, I want to visit that place as the Counselor characters. Seeing it as Jason is different, it’s not the same context or experience. 

thanks though. 

I would have loved this as well.

@mattshotcha thanks for the transparency as usual.

On 11/12/2020 at 7:01 PM, mattshotcha said:

Offline save data is still not impossible. We haven't done this yet as the database servers are far lower impact to maintain and therefore we don't see that end in sight.

This is one of the most important issues for end of the line for this Game Matt. 

Please don’t let all the work that was done on Gun and our part be lost to videos on YouTube and screen shots .... we need.....need....need the ability to use and play all the Jason’s and counselors, clothing, items, weapons that we have unlocked and Gun and Illfonic spent all that time and effort on.

Offline counselor play was never on the table, if you recall going back to the days of the BEYOND streams, we covered how an AI Jason would not be high enough quality to make it worthwhile. And if we were to do that, it would be a massive chunk of work to create a passable AI Jason. It's simply not in the scope, and never truly was. 

I can understand an AI for Jason was going to be a huge undertaking....and it’s unfortunate that it didn’t become a reality.

Quick question about off-line bots....why do boats never spawn in on the maps for them to escape with?

was it deliberately programmed that way?

or something that can be looked into?

thanks again 

• Like 2

According to a "programmer" who claims he knows Unreal 4 engine on the Steam forums says a believable Jason AI is NOT as hard as Gun is claiming it is and basically saying Gun is lying about that and a number of things and are just plain lazy.Take it with a grain of salt but that is what he claims.Copied and pasted from Steam forum...They're lying, it's not hard at all, especially for programmers that they *should* have for a game of this budget. I work with UE4 and it's not difficult to make an aggressive AI even to have the behavior trees and bp's necessary for the Jason abilities e.g. He also claims host migration is very easy to implement also.

50 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

According to a "programmer" who claims he knows Unreal 4 engine on the Steam forums says a believable Jason AI is NOT as hard as Gun is claiming it is and basically saying Gun is lying about that and a number of things and are just plain lazy.Take it with a grain of salt but that is what he claims.Copied and pasted from Steam forum...They're lying, it's not hard at all, especially for programmers that they *should* have for a game of this budget. I work with UE4 and it's not difficult to make an aggressive AI even to have the behavior trees and bp's necessary for the Jason abilities e.g. He also claims host migration is very easy to implement also.

Don't believe everything people on Steam tell you.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Fair Play said:

The definition of "finished" and "completed" has become subjective in today's times. For a lot of companies, it's done when they walk away from it completely. We're not to that point until they no longer take any more reports of bugs and such, though I anticipate that time being real soon. The database server is still up, so things aren't quite done yet.

I don't disagree. A lot of companies realized they could push out an incomplete product and walk out and actually get a way with it. It's up to consumers to stop enabling that type of behavior. 😎

Their priority list of fixes is the only justification for that one. Things I wanted to see didn't happen. I don't expect them to put a little thing I want to see ahead of more important things, such as having P2P around to keep the online side going. While it isn't perfect, it will be there for those who still want to play as counselors. It could have been worse.

It's not about wants. Basic core functions of a game should work. Period. End of story. 😎

Every question isn't always respond to, especially if the same question is being asked multiple times. Read through the forum a bit and see how many times certain questions have been asked. If they stopped to answer the same question every time it was asked, how much would be getting done in the fixes of the game?

I didn't see my questions asked and if I missed that then it is what it is. When you answer one person and skip over the other that's just rude and disrespectful and sends the message of avoiding answering it for what ever reason. It's fine. Not answering my question basically answered my question in itself. So I already got my answer mate. There is no contingency plan and everyone will be stuck with a demo when that plug is pulled. lol :D

If we had offline saves, you should still have to do the work and unlock everything.

Let me clarify. Offline mode as in not actually being online and being logged in to Steam online the game goes in to demo mode like it does now. You shouldn't have to grind for demo mode. When logged online to Steam then yes your right you should have to unlock everything mate. Just my opinion though. :)

That's not likely to happen. You would need the consent of all parties involved, including those tied up in the current lawsuit.

Someone correct if I'm wrong, but I didn't think that mod support could be implemented on a console.

Well I don't know the in's and out's of that, but the reality is people are already out there modding the game anyway. So what I was referring to was more abut just sanctioning mod support on Steam itself. Based off the screenshots I seen on Steam that ship has pretty much sailed anyway so they may as well just go on and sanction it mate. This achieves two things. It brigs modding in to more of a safer environment and it allows those of us who actually do follow the rules to enjoy user created content. 😎

They could have just shut the dedicated servers down, and say "online is done, goodbye." They didn't, so thank goodness.

Mark my words. That day will come. I've seen it happen before. Trust me on this mate. I know what I am talking about. lol ;)

False. If we didn't fund them, we wouldn't have gotten to play an F13 game at this time. We may or may not have seen a game of this magnitude. It could pave the way for similar games from other franchises, though I hope things turn out better for those.

In terms of this game it is absolutely true people funded them for nothing. I seriously doubt a single person here funded them in the hopes of what might be. Dead By Daylight started this trend and everyone else just followed and tried to improve up on it. They were funded to produce a specified working and functioning product. That simple task has not been completed. Like I said I don't expect it to be perfect or with out issues, but I do expect people to do their jobs.😎

A good company will do right by the customers that choose to support them.

Ya I used to think that too a long time ago. My experiences in Star Wars Galaxies with SOE aka Daybreak broke me of those blinders mate. lol When H1Z1 was produce I predicted everything that happened exactly as it did happen too. A lot of my mates kept telling me they wished they'd have listened too. lol We see the same thing happening even now with Predator Hunting Grounds. I predicted everything on that game and just waiting for it all to come to pass. So I guess we just got different views on what doing right by the customers means because I've yet to see it here. When I see it I'll give credit where credit is due. ;)

Partly true. Other factors may affect the success or survival of a business.

Oh I totally agree. Most of it IMO is due to bad management decisions which leads back to my original statement. There is always a buffet of things behind the curtain we don't know about. lol :D

A company's reputation has a lot to do with the future of their income. Though some people who are true fans of a company's products may support them no matter what. I can't say in this instance how many people fall into this category.

Oh there is always a decided fan base regardless of how bad a company acts. Even SOE aka Daybreak and the WarZ Devs had their dedicated fans. I personally don't understand it. Your not wrong though my friend. lol 😎

When I feel burned by a company, I'll be cautious in buying from them again. Things can change, including people, and reputations.

I agree things can change, but you know as well as I do the gamer crowd is a rough crowd indeed. Memories are long when bad things happen. What I personally do is I sit back and look to see if the same pattern of behavior and business practices are still continuing to exist. Also how customers are being dealt with. Especially in the public eye. Which to be entirely honest if I graded by that alone I probably would not have bought this game.

The reason that I bought this game and the only reason in fact was because despite the games issues or the issues going on at the time in the community I still felt after having Beta tested the game that is was a very true representation to the movies. So I cut them some slack for being the new kids on the block in the industry so to speak and I gave credit where credit was due and voted so with my wallet because it was an impressive task to accomplish in the first place.

So now it's been a few years and it's time for those big boy pants to be on. This means the standard of excellence needs to go up and should be expected by now. At least it is for me if they want to keep my wallet vote mate. lol 😎

You can, but no one will take you seriously.

Trump didn't take the American people seriously mate, but yet he still got voted out of office. Sometimes it just happens like that. lol Just goes to show ya ain't no one to big for their britches. Lmao!!!!😎

Edited by KOOLLAYDTAC
Corrections.

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I wouldn't say it's as hard as they are claiming, but it isn't exactly easy either mate. It is very doable. I mean I've seen a Jason AI in the Garry's Mod version of F13 that wasn't to bad. The AI in games like 7 Days To Die are very on point. I think that the issue is that AI was never really at the top of their to do list in the beginning and more then likely they simply just do not have anyone on the team who can program and develop an AI on that level that would be needed. Which is why the current AI we have now does goofy things during a match. lol If I had to guess I think a lot of things they may have considered doing didn't get done due to lack of time because of the lawsuit and all.

As much as I would want a Jason AI as I'd rather practice on the counselors at this point I'd have just been happy if the core functions of the game worked properly. I do feel like they should have made it stand alone with mod support like I mentioned earlier and if they can't do a console equivalent then at the very least give players on every other platform a PC copy of their purchased product for free. People rarely do the right thing anymore now days, but I am impressed and pleasantly surprised when they do.😎

16 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

I would recommend reporting this to JasonKillsBugs.com as this is the first I'm seeing of any issue like this. The team will investigate accordingly.

@Sythalin The team is taking a look, but we need that ticket in order to discuss with you further and troubleshoot the issue. As this is the only case like it we've come across, we'd need more info from you to troubleshoot accurately.

I have the same bug

13 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

A Jason could be made with a believable AI, but not everybody could do it.

I could map a logical Jason AI on paper, but I lack the coding knowledge to bring it to life. Others have the coding knowledge, but lack the vision. One day, someone could have both, and make it happen. There's also an equal chance that two people with half the equation could come together and make such a Jason, sometime after the lawsuit comes to an end.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt.I told him to go to Guns HQ and help them out if he is so knowledgeable. LOL He only lives a few hours away from Lexington KY.  ANOTHER UPDATE on known exploit spots. Pinehurst rock glitch by east side boat exit has also been fixed!! You can no longer get on the slab of rock there. So to my knowledge there is only 1 map exploit spot that Jason cannot get you and it's on Pack large map.

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Like I said, take it with a grain of salt.I told him to go to Guns HQ and help them out if he is so knowledgeable. LOL He only lives a few hours away from Lexington KY.  ANOTHER UPDATE on known exploit spots. Pinehurst rock glitch by east side boat exit has also been fixed!! You can no longer get on the slab of rock there. So to my knowledge there is only 1 map exploit spot that Jason cannot get you and it's on Pack large map.

Thanks for the heads up.

• Like 2

On 11/13/2020 at 4:42 PM, mattshotcha said:

I'm quoting myself because I apparently wasn't clear in this. When I say "first I'm seeing it" or "only case like it" I mean SINCE PATCH. We had plenty of info on it prior, then made the change. This is the first I'm seeing it since the patch came out. We've got the continued issue reported to the team.

On 11/14/2020 at 4:42 AM, TimDuke 01 said:

I understand how my words could be interpreted as "too hard" to make an AI Jason. I don't mean that it's too hard, just that it's not a simple implementation and would have required a significant amount of work, prior to where we are now. Hell, prior to where we were even 2 years ago. We didn't prioritize Jason AI as the offline option because the game is built around playing as Jason. We also knew that a truly smart Jason that wouldn't play as a cruel joke would take much more than a whim of programming.

My second issue here is "Trust me, I'm a programmer." 

And host migration being "easy" is just completely false. Without a look under the hood of how our game handles matchmaking, there's no way a random "programmer" could or should be making that claim. There's a reason why the folks who do the matchmaking side of games are very unique and highly skilled. 

Other than that, "a game of this budget" is again, something that points to a lack of understanding and experience in games. I know a lot of folks think that Kickstarter and sales have lead to us all swimming in money like Scrooge McDuck, but games are more expensive to make and maintain than I think almost ANY gamer realizes.

All that said, I'm not trying to attack this person. They sound somewhat knowledgeable and maybe just frustrated with the situation. Which is fine. I just can't let misinformation fly around from "Trust me, I'm a programmer" guy.

What it boils down to is people are pissed about the game seeing it's end of development. I get it. I know when I have hard news to deliver to players. Hell, it's a large part of my job. But reacting to tough news by calling us incompetent or liars isn't going to change anything. Honestly, games go through this CONSTANTLY. ALL games eventually sunset. And while we would have liked to implement some things to ease that transition for players, they ultimately weren't possible. Not because we're stupid, and not because we're lazy, and not because we're lying to you. Impossible within the confines of the game, what is already built and can't be rebuilt at this point, and what is realistic within the timeline and resources we have left on the project. At this point, it would be 1million percent more realistic to take this feedback into a whole new game then try and plug these pieces into the old project. Talk to anyone who has worked in games and they'll all tell you that at a certain point you realize implementing the "thing" is destruction. By two methods: Destruction by breaking the fragile framework of something or destruction by having to start from scratch with that in mind. At a certain point, the cake is in the oven. You can't go back and start whipping an extra egg white in. Unless you toss the whole thing and start fresh.

Is where we're leaving F13 perfect? No. But we're trying to leave it in a place where people can still enjoy what is there.

On 11/11/2020 at 9:57 AM, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

So let me see if I understand this right. Your killing the online servers and going to peer to peer. Ok fine, but I gotta ask. What happens when you guys decide to pull the plug on the servers the character data is stored on? Because I am thinking sooner or later that will happen and when it does everyone will basically be SOL on any progress and unlocks they made. Is there a contingency plan in place for that? 🤔

I see in your other replies you feel I've ignored you. I apologize, these patch notes threads get big quick and I'm running on fumes since the patch dropped.

Offline saves would be the contingency plan for the day the database servers shut down. But we aren't there yet.

• Like 1

On 11/13/2020 at 8:01 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Quick question about off-line bots....why do boats never spawn in on the maps for them to escape with?

was it deliberately programmed that way?

or something that can be looked into?

thanks again 

Quoting myself because I think you may have missed my question @mattshotcha From a few posts ago.

I know you have a-lot on your plate and stuff gets missed sometimes.

6 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Quoting myself because I think you may have missed my question @mattshotcha From a few posts ago.

I know you have a-lot on your plate and stuff gets missed sometimes.

Hey, apologies.

I would have to check with the team on that. I'm pretty sure there was a reason for it, but don't want to misspeak. 

• Thanks 1

Just played some matches for the first time since the update and the dedicated servers went down. First match as a counselor ended quick because the host left. My first match as Jason also ended quick because the first person I happened to kill was the host. Eventually I got host was able to get through a few games despite the lag for every game being almost unbearable (though pulling the plug on the teamers at the end was enjoyable). 

Suffice to say it looks like my time with F13 has just about come to an end. It was a great game and I am still looking forward the devs next horror game and hope to support it.

1 hour ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

Just played some matches for the first time since the update and the dedicated servers went down. First match as a counselor ended quick because the host left. My first match as Jason also ended quick because the first person I happened to kill was the host. Eventually I got host was able to get through a few games despite the lag for every game being almost unbearable (though pulling the plug on the teamers at the end was enjoyable). 

Suffice to say it looks like my time with F13 has just about come to an end. It was a great game and I am still looking forward the devs next horror game and hope to support it.

Unless Gun makes host migration a thing, this game is dead. 

2 hours ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

Unless Gun makes host migration a thing, this game is dead. 

The game will come to an end eventually.

Host migration would have been nice, but their final patch has been dropped, so it's probably not happening.

• Like 2

On 11/16/2020 at 12:35 PM, mattshotcha said:

Hey, apologies.

I would have to check with the team on that. I'm pretty sure there was a reason for it, but don't want to misspeak. 

Any word from the team ?

4 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Any word from the team ?

Yes and no. Here's the thing, it was left out for a reason. But at that time it was IllFonic still. So tracking down the reason behind it is a little tough. But I'll let you know if we hear anything on it. As for Gun, we can't recall the exact reason well enough to comment and potentially misspeak. We're fairly certain it has to do with bot behavior and potential issues with how they interact/use the boat.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Yes and no. Here's the thing, it was left out for a reason. But at that time it was IllFonic still. So tracking down the reason behind it is a little tough. But I'll let you know if we hear anything on it. As for Gun, we can't recall the exact reason well enough to comment and potentially misspeak. We're fairly certain it has to do with bot behavior and potential issues with how they interact/use the boat.

Thanks.

Is that something Black Tower can possibly look into or is that a no fly zone at this current time.

I know there are a few things you guys might have the team look into still since the final patch hit......just wondering.

Thanks again 

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Thanks.

Is that something Black Tower can possibly look into or is that a no fly zone at this current time.

I know there are a few things you guys might have the team look into still since the final patch hit......just wondering.

Thanks again 

No I don't see that being in the scope. Considering there were technical reasons behind it, it wouldn't be the type of can of worms we'd want to open now.

I know that sucks to hear and I don't mean to sound too frank with you here, just trying to shoot you straight on this one.

5 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

No I don't see that being in the scope. Considering there were technical reasons behind it, it wouldn't be the type of can of worms we'd want to open now.

I know that sucks to hear and I don't mean to sound too frank with you here, just trying to shoot you straight on this one.

Thanks for always being straight forward with us.

It always sucks when you hear that something you love is no longer going to worked on or updated....but...

”them’s the Breaks.”

as long as we get clients side saves eventually I will be right as rain!

• Like 2

On 11/16/2020 at 10:50 AM, mattshotcha said:

I see in your other replies you feel I've ignored you. I apologize, these patch notes threads get big quick and I'm running on fumes since the patch droppedOffline saves would be the contingency plan for the day the database servers shut down. But we aren't there yet.

No worries mate. Thank you for answering me and clarifying that because that was my biggest concern regarding everyone. I'm good now. I just needed some confirmation on that. Also I read over some of what you said and I feel like you were very on point with a lot of it. In fact I had to laugh because it reminded me of a time back when I've been on both sides of the coin when I did tech support for XBox over the phone. I had a history tech gamer rage over the phone in my ear about an issue and I remember thinking and your the guy I send my kids to school to learn from as a prime example of how to act. lol That was probably one of my most hardest times where I had to try and maintain professionalism while trying not to laugh. lol In my experience I've found the kids are a lot more well mannered then the adults more often then not. lol Sometimes they are just so cute your like awwww I just wanna take you home with me. lol :D

My point is that I think people tend to forget or register that a lot of times they are dealing with actual real people and their inner child takes over causing them to gamer rage and throw tantrums and stuff about things they absolutely can not change. At the end of the day all we can really do is throw suggestions in the suggestion box and hope some if any of it will actually get used. Hopefully some of it can be without rebaking that cake. lol Good analogy btw. lol😁

I know I can be overly critical and hard and I'm sorry about that. It's only because I like to see the best out of everyone. Now despite the issues the games has I do feel I need to be fair and say this. What you all did with this game has never been done before in any genre that I am aware of. You literally delivered a movie experience inside a game. If nothing else no one can ever take that way from you all. That in itself is an impressive feat all by itself.  :)

Anyway I'm not gonna sit here and write a book. lol I just wanted to say thank you again for answering me and clarifying on that some. I took the initial announcement as basically walking away entirely and just enjoy what you unlocked while it last. I'm glad that's not the case. I'm sorry for the delayed response. The last few days got pretty busy for me. I also wanted to reflect some before I said anything else. Thank you so very much again. Have a safe and blessed day mate.😎

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

No worries mate. Thank you for answering me and clarifying that because that was my biggest concern regarding everyone. I'm good now. I just needed some confirmation on that. Also I read over some of what you said and I feel like you were very on point with a lot of it. In fact I had to laugh because it reminded me of a time back when I've been on both sides of the coin when I did tech support for XBox over the phone. I had a history tech gamer rage over the phone in my ear about an issue and I remember thinking and your the guy I send my kids to school to learn from as a prime example of how to act. lol That was probably one of my most hardest times where I had to try and maintain professionalism while trying not to laugh. lol In my experience I've found the kids are a lot more well mannered then the adults more often then not. lol Sometimes they are just so cute your like awwww I just wanna take you home with me. lol :D

My point is that I think people tend to forget or register that a lot of times they are dealing with actual real people and their inner child takes over causing them to gamer rage and throw tantrums and stuff about things they absolutely can not change. At the end of the day all we can really do is throw suggestions in the suggestion box and hope some if any of it will actually get used. Hopefully some of it can be without rebaking that cake. lol Good analogy btw. lol😁

I know I can be overly critical and hard and I'm sorry about that. It's only because I like to see the best out of everyone. Now despite the issues the games has I do feel I need to be fair and say this. What you all did with this game has never been done before in any genre that I am aware of. You literally delivered a movie experience inside a game. If nothing else no one can ever take that way from you all. That in itself is an impressive feat all by itself.  :)

Anyway I'm not gonna sit here and write a book. lol I just wanted to say thank you again for answering me and clarifying on that some. I took the initial announcement as basically walking away entirely and just enjoy what you unlocked while it last. I'm glad that's not the case. I'm sorry for the delayed response. The last few days got pretty busy for me. I also wanted to reflect some before I said anything else. Thank you so very much again. Have a safe and blessed day mate.😎

Hey I really appreciate the reply!

And never apologize for being critical, critical is good. There are some folks who think critical is uncivil, and it isn't, or at least doesn't have to be. Civility in criticism is important, as it helps us all be a part of the discussion without any of the hostility. I don't think I've ever seen anything less than civil from you, so no need to apologize.

I appreciate the understanding and support for the game, and really for all of us at Gun.