mattshotcha

Patch Notes - 11.10.2020

So let me see if I understand this right. Your killing the online servers and going to peer to peer. Ok fine, but I gotta ask. What happens when you guys decide to pull the plug on the servers the character data is stored on? Because I am thinking sooner or later that will happen and when it does everyone will basically be SOL on any progress and unlocks they made. Is there a contingency plan in place for that? 🤔

• Like 2

Hell, if your going to do that and say farewell why not give the Savini Jason to those who do not have it as a parting gift? 

Well I see they didn't address the rock glitch where people can get on the rock where Jason can't get them on Higgins Haven Small.

3 hours ago, mooshatthebed said:

Well I see they didn't address the rock glitch where people can get on the rock where Jason can't get them on Higgins Haven Small.

Umm Yes they did. I tried to get up on it post patch yesterday and I couldn't unless there is a updated method of getting up there. I could see the change they made to the rock where you spammed crouch to get up there. I tried the spamming crouch method to no avail . If players are still getting up there,there must be a  new method to do it. The rock glitch over by the barn has also been fixed.

On 11/11/2020 at 12:50 PM, Brock666 said:

FIX ROLL PERKS!!!

Anyone else already getting sick of seeing this screen?  I know I sure as fuck am and I've just reinstalled and haven't even played yet.  They didn't fix shit, just made a popup to annoy you more with this "top priority" fix.

YoSL4Bh.png

EDIT: And back to the "0 CP,/levels/perk" bug.  Fuck this, uninstalled again.  I hope every single fucking incompetent dev never works in the gaming industry again.  This is a fucking joke.

• Thanks 1

Yo dire a¡¡¡ ADIOS¡¡¡  a este juego, e conocido a mucha gente que me iban agregando viendo que mataba a JASON, les aconseje como aguantar en la partida y durara lo maximo posible en la loby.Han sido muchas partidas divertidas y con tension ,luchando contra jason 150lvl y los miticos inutiles que hacian TEAM JASON ( INTENTANDO ATROPELLARTE , PONIENDOTE CEPOS, BLOQUEANDO PUERTAS Y COGIENDO EL JERSEY PARA QUE SU AMIGUITO JASON NO MURIERA). En resumen dire ;Que en este tiempo e visto muchos cobardes de nivel 150 escondiendose casi toda la partida esperando que otros reparen,otros 150 lvl que si no les toca ser JASON abandonan la lobby(ESTOS SON PENOSOS) y POR ULTIMO ( LOS MAS LAMENTABLES ) un team de 150 lvl haciendo escuadra con JASON  esta clase de gente a sido los que mas me gusto matar,dandoles en la boca y despues mandarleS 1 FOTO A TODOS DE SU  AMIGO JASON MUERTO, Mi ultimo video fue asi encerrado EN LA CASA DE JASON PORQUE SU AMIGO ESPERA FUERA CON EL COCHE ,PERO LES SALIO MAL LA JUGADA Y FOTITO PARA LOS 2 SUBNORMALES.A todo esto ADIOS FRIDAY13TH se acabaron los sms de los JASON Rabiosos y novios. Solo QUEDA esperar que alguna COMPAÑIA cree algun JUEGO similar de SUPERVIVENCIA COOPERATIVA

• Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, Broly965 said:

What about the jarvis house offline bots bug? At the start of the match none of the bots will move at all. Was this fixed

That was fixed either previous patch or the one before that,If they aren't moving now then this last patch must have messed it up again.

Honestly there should of been 2 final patch updates, one for Online and one for Offline, When this game was first announced they should of started off with the single player stuff first so this database login crap wouldn't be happening and atleast we have things to do when the servers shut down. I wonder if the AI bots for offline bots will still work when the servers are shut down since that's all connected to online which was a horrible idea, should of made it separate. 

• Like 1

Well they still haven't fixed the PC's version not saving video settings and things of that sort. If this is indeed their final patch then they did a real poopy job on it. Final patch indicates fixing ALL problems with the game and ALL problems have not been fixed. I also noticed they didn't answer my initial question which leads me to believe they have no contingency plan and that everyone will indeed be SOL once the day comes and what bit they left relying on online servers such as match making and character data will lock everyone out of anything they earned when that eventually is shut down. Great patch. Good job.🙄

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

Well they still haven't fixed the PC's version not saving video settings and things of that sort. If this is indeed their final patch then they did a real poopy job on it. Final patch indicates fixing ALL problems with the game and ALL problems have not been fixed. I also noticed they didn't answer my initial question which leads me to believe they have no contingency plan and that everyone will indeed be SOL once the day comes and what bit they left relying on online servers such as match making and character data will lock everyone out of anything they earned when that eventually is shut down. Great patch. Good job.🙄

it seems like Matt is ignoring me about the offline bot stuff that I have reported to him a few times now. but your right a final patch should mean that the game is all fixed which isn't

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

it seems like Matt is ignoring me about the offline bot stuff that I have reported to him a few times now. but your right a final patch should mean that the game is all fixed which isn't

Matt has always been transparent with us he may have missed your post.

@mattshotcha

I know you are up to your neck in messages and tags about the “last” patch but if you get a minute to check out Friday-fan-88 question about off-line that would be awesome.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think we still need at least one more patch, I hope that in the future Gun can revisit their decision to make this the final patch.

- Offline bot’s are still underperforming (or just standing around), after the start of the match. 

- We need to have our save data transferred to our own systems, being locked out of content one day isn’t a nice prospect.

- Perks need to be fixed, I know time and money played a factor but we were supposed to get something better. 

- Offline Counselor mode, I still want to use the costumes I purchased after the save servers disappear and peer to peer is no more. 

These aren’t demands or anything like that, just what I hope to one day see. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Honestly there should of been 2 final patch updates, one for Online and one for Offline, When this game was first announced they should of started off with the single player stuff first so this database login crap wouldn't be happening and atleast we have things to do when the servers shut down. I wonder if the AI bots for offline bots will still work when the servers are shut down since that's all connected to online which was a horrible idea, should of made it separate. 

The bots still work without dedicated servers. As for a separate patch for offline items, we simply ran out of time. These are smaller issues in priority for a game based mainly on multiplayer and as such, reworking pathing issues wasn't in the cards. 

2 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

I think we still need at least one more patch, I hope that in the future Gun can revisit their decision to make this the final patch.

- Offline bot’s are still underperforming (or just standing around), after the start of the match. 

- We need to have our save data transferred to our own systems, being locked out of content one day isn’t a nice prospect.

- Perks need to be fixed, I know time and money played a factor but we were supposed to get something better. 

- Offline Counselor mode, I still want to use the costumes I purchased after the save servers disappear and peer to peer is no more. 

These aren’t demands or anything like that, just what I hope to one day see. 

For offline bots, please see above. 

Perk system was not able to be reworked, as we investigated and found that we would either need to completely rebuild the perk system, which is a massive undertaking at this point, or not tinker with it. It's too much of a touchy area of the game to risk breaking in order to make minor changes, and making major changes like a whole new system are out of scope at this point and have been for a while.

Offline save data is still not impossible. We haven't done this yet as the database servers are far lower impact to maintain and therefore we don't see that end in sight.

Offline counselor play was never on the table, if you recall going back to the days of the BEYOND streams, we covered how an AI Jason would not be high enough quality to make it worthwhile. And if we were to do that, it would be a massive chunk of work to create a passable AI Jason. It's simply not in the scope, and never truly was. 

41 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

The bots still work without dedicated servers. As for a separate patch for offline items, we simply ran out of time. These are smaller issues in priority for a game based mainly on multiplayer and as such, reworking pathing issues wasn't in the cards. 

For offline bots, please see above. 

Perk system was not able to be reworked, as we investigated and found that we would either need to completely rebuild the perk system, which is a massive undertaking at this point, or not tinker with it. It's too much of a touchy area of the game to risk breaking in order to make minor changes, and making major changes like a whole new system are out of scope at this point and have been for a while.

Offline save data is still not impossible. We haven't done this yet as the database servers are far lower impact to maintain and therefore we don't see that end in sight.

Offline counselor play was never on the table, if you recall going back to the days of the BEYOND streams, we covered how an AI Jason would not be high enough quality to make it worthwhile. And if we were to do that, it would be a massive chunk of work to create a passable AI Jason. It's simply not in the scope, and never truly was. 

When the servers go down, will the bots still work?

Yes.

When the servers go down, the bots will probably be one of the only things that work. We will lose ALL progress and unlockables. That’s the bigger issue. 

Not sure why this loaded a Quote box.

It’s never been about an AI Jason, and while I appreciate the response, it misses the point. I don’t care if there’s a Jason bot, I do care about wearing the costumes I purchased and driving the boat/car around. Busting up the other Counselors if I feel like it. Crystal Lake is as much a character as Jason within Friday, I want to visit that place as the Counselor characters. Seeing it as Jason is different, it’s not the same context or experience. 

thanks though. 

• Like 1

On 11/11/2020 at 1:23 PM, mooshatthebed said:

Hell, if your going to do that and say farewell why not give the Savini Jason to those who do not have it as a parting gift? 

Savini is a backer exclusive.

13 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

If they did the offline content at launch, either:

A. We may not have had an online portion at all.

B. The database login might have implemented from day one, with the intention of adding online play later.

It would be interesting to see where that path would have led us.

8 hours ago, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

I read the patch notes but didn't see any promise that all remaining bugs would be fixed.

In an ideal world, everything would have been fixed.

I'm disappointed with how things turned out, but I 've come to terms with it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Fair Play said:

I read the patch notes but didn't see any promise that all remaining bugs would be fixed.

In an ideal world, everything would have been fixed.

I'm disappointed with how things turned out, but I 've come to terms with it.

It's called integrity. That's not something you should have to read in any patch notes my friend. lol And once up on a time ago we had that ideal world you speak of when it came to gaming. I remember a time when developers actually did this little thing we all called providing a finished and completed product. I don't expect perfection mate. I am not unrealistic, but basic core functions such as saving your video settings should function properly. They don't. lol I mean that one basic feature hasn't been fixed in ages and there is absolutely no excuse for it. Take note they totally skipped over my questions which speaks volumes to me in regards to a contingency plan in the future. That alone speaks for itself.

What should have happened if this is indeed the final patch was the game aside from being converted to peer to peer was profiles being saved client side instead of relying on their servers and match making set up to run via Steam like most normal MP games with the option of hosting dedicated servers which was an idea someone mentioned on the Steam forums that I found to be in fact a very good one. All the existing Jason's should have been unlocked across the board for offline mode for players to always be able to preview them. Also workshop mod support added in to the game in order to give it new life. And all the console players get the equivalent of that across the board for whatever platform they are playing on. That would have been the professional way to handle things without leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

However that didn't happen and like you I am also disappointed. I'm disappointed more in the fact that rather then doing the right thing they've opted to hold on to those reigns as hard and tight as they possibly can until the day and time the final plug is pulled and everyone will be left with a demo version of the game basically. So people essentially funded them for nothing. They need to do the right thing by their customers here otherwise I doubt anyone is going to ever take them seriously again.

This is exactly why certain companies in the gaming industry are either no longer around and/or their businesses are now struggling. How they handle this situation determines on if the reputation they currently have turns around or does not. That in turn will determine future purchases people make with this company. Now I can't tell someone how to run their company at the end of the day. That being said as a customer I don't expect perfection, but I do expect professionalism. I expect a completed product that functions properly. In fact I demand it and I'm a voter. I vote with my wallet. lol That's exactly how I get over it. lol So it is what it is mate. lol ;)

Edited by KOOLLAYDTAC
Corrections.
  • Thanks 2

7 hours ago, KOOLLAYDTAC said:

And once up on a time ago we had that ideal world you speak of when it came to gaming. I remember a time when developers actually did this little thing we all called providing a finished and completed product.

The definition of "finished" and "completed" has become subjective in today's times. For a lot of companies, it's done when they walk away from it completely. We're not to that point until they no longer take any more reports of bugs and such, though I anticipate that time being real soon. The database server is still up, so things aren't quite done yet.

I am not unrealistic, but basic core functions such as saving your video settings should function properly. They don't. lol I mean that one basic feature hasn't been fixed in ages and there is absolutely no excuse for it.

Their priority list of fixes is the only justification for that one. Things I wanted to see didn't happen. I don't expect them to put a little thing I want to see ahead of more important things, such as having P2P around to keep the online side going. While it isn't perfect, it will be there for those who still want to play as counselors. It could have been worse.

Take note they totally skipped over my questions which speaks volumes to me in regards to a contingency plan in the future. That alone speaks for itself.

Every question isn't always respond to, especially if the same question is being asked multiple times. Read through the forum a bit and see how many times certain questions have been asked. If they stopped to answer the same question every time it was asked, how much would be getting done in the fixes of the game?

What should have happened if this is indeed the final patch was the game aside from being converted to peer to peer was profiles being saved client side instead of relying on their servers and match making set up to run via Steam like most normal MP games with the option of hosting dedicated servers which was an idea someone mentioned on the Steam forums that I found to be in fact a very good one. All the existing Jason's should have been unlocked across the board for offline mode for players to always be able to preview them.

If we had offline saves, you should still have to do the work and unlock everything.

Also workshop mod support added in to the game in order to give it new life. And all the console players get the equivalent of that across the board for whatever platform they are playing on. That would have been the professional way to handle things without leaving a bad taste in everyone's mouths.

That's not likely to happen. You would need the consent of all parties involved, including those tied up in the current lawsuit.

Someone correct if I'm wrong, but I didn't think that mod support could be implemented on a console.

.I'm disappointed more in the fact that rather then doing the right thing they've opted to hold on to those reigns as hard and tight as they possibly can until the day and time the final plug is pulled and everyone will be left with a demo version of the game basically.

They could have just shut the dedicated servers down, and say "online is done, goodbye." They didn't, so thank goodness.

So people essentially funded them for nothing.

False. If we didn't fund them, we wouldn't have gotten to play an F13 game at this time. We may or may not have seen a game of this magnitude. It could pave the way for similar games from other franchises, though I hope things turn out better for those.

They need to do the right thing by their customers here otherwise I doubt anyone is going to ever take them seriously again.

A good company will do right by the customers that choose to support them.

This is exactly why certain companies in the gaming industry are either no longer around and/or their businesses are now struggling. Partly true. Other factors may affect the success or survival of a business.

How they handle this situation determines on if the reputation they currently have turns around or does not. That in turn will determine future purchases people make with this company.

A company's reputation has a lot to do with the future of their income. Though some people who are true fans of a company's products may support them no matter what. I can't say in this instance how many people fall into this category.

When I feel burned by a company, I'll be cautious in buying from them again. Things can change, including people, and reputations.

Now I can't tell someone how to run their company at the end of the day.

You can, but no one will take you seriously.

Getting back on topic, I'm happy to see that ending up on the rocks isn't a thing anymore. @TimDuke 01, anyone on the rocks yet?

• Like 5

51 minutes ago, Fair Play said:

I'm happy to see that ending up on the rocks isn't a thing anymore. @TimDuke 01, anyone on the rocks yet?

Well unless exploit finders found a new method to get up on the rock formation on HHS behind main house NO I haven't seen any and I've actually tried to do the old method on both HHS and Jarvis and was not successful. I haven't checked Pinehurst yet and there is 1 exploit spot on Pack Large that wasn't fixed.

27 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Well unless exploit finders found a new method to get up on the rock formation on HHS behind main house NO I haven't seen any and I've actually tried to do the old method on both HHS and Jarvis and was not successful. I haven't checked Pinehurst yet and there is 1 exploit spot on Pack Large that wasn't fixed.

Thanks for the continual update.

• Like 3