mattshotcha

Patch Notes - 11.10.2020

On 11/7/2020 at 9:15 AM, Catalayna said:

I get things are rough right now but by killing the dedicated servers it will cause a lot of people to stop playing :( Please reconsider this. You've fixed the glitches that's awesome but please don't take away the dedicated servers. 

The dedicated servers cost quite a bit to maintain. It seems time and money have run out.

On 11/7/2020 at 10:28 AM, The Milwauking Dead said:

I get that peer to peer absolutely sucks. There’s no disputing that. It makes playing worthless and unbearable. This announcement pretty much means I am done playing this game online. That being said, I’ll still have fun killing offline bots as Jason. That never gets old to me. 

If you can get joy out of the bots, then do it. They not the smartest, but they do prove to be entertaining nonetheless.

On 11/7/2020 at 10:13 PM, jordi said:

@mattshotcha

Please update it so that the game Friday 13TH The Game Fully Functional can be OFFline mode.

I can't even change the deaths, I can't level up even if I have everything unlocked online,
I can't play it if the game is in OFFline mode.

Please fix it so that we continue to play we love the video game.

A lot of us are hoping that will be an option one day. In the meantime, you still need to connect to the database server online to keep playing with your unlocked content.

15 hours ago, Brock666 said:

And set up balance in game!!! Return back stun effect for Flare Gun and Fire Crackers, when Jason is in rage mode. These items now are useless in the second half of the game!!! The chance of survival against an experienced Jason, in the second half of the game, when Jason is in rage mode, is now extremely small!!!

Anything that's not changed by Tuesday's update will probably remain the same for all time.

The choices made by the team will determine how many people will play this game in the future.

12 hours ago, SaxMan1022 said:

any chance to have the perk queue expanded to allow players to collect all the different perks and not just hold 30? Also, can the Level be changed to just be unlimited instead of capped at 150? I love this game, but those would be nice for a last patch for the players. 

I've been hoping for this for a while. As I haven't seen any reference of it being changed, it's probably going to stay at 30. Like so many things that won't be fixed, I'm left a bit disappointed.

7 hours ago, Gilver said:

yea i mean i really dont understand how "its not a high priority" when the game is about to lose the last of its players due to this change it just is... the numbers will die down with no new updates or content or just frustration over the peer to peer system when you could have put some effort into making your bots decent and thus leave the game in a decently playable state for people who like to play jason. like i said its not understandable or acceptable to leave bots in this state when this is the final patch and you have known about it for what? 2 patches ago? its frankly ridiculous you could future proof your game but your choosing not to because "eh it still kinda works right?" thats lame and its an excuse... and that sucks because i love what you guys made and then you broke it and now your outright refusing to fix it

not to be rude but thats frustrating and i think its the wrong move

The thing about the list of fixes, is that it was a very long list. The part that sucks is that the amount of time left wasn't enough to fix everything. No matter what was assigned priority, something was gonna be left out, and people would have been disappointed. That's why this final patch is leaving so many people heartbroken. The other part was that some of the things that needed to be fixed seemed to be a bit more challenging than their team could figure out. Illfonic was the team initially responsible with coding the game. Once their involvement was over, things started heading in the direction we are faced with now.

I can understand your disappointment with the state of the bots. For a lot of people, that will be the primary source of interaction in the game. We wish they were a bit better off, but I guess that's not happening.

• Like 1

I suggest that we make it so that when the host exits let the server go to another player and so on. There are a lot of people in the game who get out of the match after they die

This would be a good opportunity to expand the level max to 300 from 150. Also I heard there are some unreleased kills? I also always thought when players first get to max level there should be a 10k cp bonus or something. This sucks because it was the only game I had left to play. Going to miss it dearly, (and the tp slide glitch) lmao

5 hours ago, DOMDAROVA said:

I suggest that we make it so that when the host exits let the server go to another player and so on. There are a lot of people in the game who get out of the match after they die

If simple phone apps can handle host migration, I’m not sure why this game hasn’t figured it out yet. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Phantom Stranger said:

Why is the random counselor bug never addressed? This has been happening since at least 2018, IIRC.

I rarely get it tbh, maybe 1 every 100 or 50 matches lol

1 hour ago, Armani? said:

I rarely get it tbh, maybe 1 every 100 or 50 matches lol

It happens when many players join and leave a lobby before a match begins. And when it does happen, it's almost a certainty that some players will quit because they don't like the counsellor that was chosen for them.

On 11/8/2020 at 5:56 AM, Brock666 said:

What about Jason's skin/texture error?

What about Counsellor/Jason select error in match? When you play a character that wasn't selected

What about bug with roll perks and critical error?

If this is the latest patch, you should fix these bugs!!!

Random counselor is a tricky one. The team could never get correct repro in house on it, despite the community experiencing it a lot. That's not to say it doesn't happen, just that without reliable repro it's tough to diagnose. That said, we think there is an element of it that pertains to the dedicated servers and connecting to them either late or with higher ping. So there is a very good chance that it won't show up in peer to peer connections. We didn't list all this in the patch notes because again, without solid repro we couldn't confirm.

Perk roll bug is listed in the patch notes. While you still will see an error if rolling/selling too quickly, the game will no longer crash. The backend needs ample time to keep up with those changes when rolling and selling so the error still will pop. But the game will not lock up.

On 11/8/2020 at 8:20 AM, The Milwauking Dead said:

What about sparkly rainbow blood/fluids in Pinehurst???? That’s still an issue. Will that be fixed in this final patch???

The blood on Pinehurst is going to stay as is. It's an issue that is deep within and the amount of resources it would have required would have pulled from other more pressing issues affecting game play.

On 11/8/2020 at 10:14 AM, SaxMan1022 said:

any chance to have the perk queue expanded to allow players to collect all the different perks and not just hold 30? Also, can the Level be changed to just be unlimited instead of capped at 150? I love this game, but those would be nice for a last patch for the players. 

The perk system was deemed off limits after investigation into it. We had wanted to rebuild it, but other persistent issues had to be addressed first. The short of it is we would need to either completely rebuild the perk system or not touch it.

18 hours ago, Phantom Stranger said:

Why is the random counselor bug never addressed? This has been happening since at least 2018, IIRC.

See above.

As for our prioritization, it's important to understand that issues like a sound sync are never going to override issues affecting the experience for say, a whole lobby of players. It's just a hard fact. We tried to focus our efforts on items that would have the widest impact for the most players possible. While some issues, like the perk system potential rebuild, have a chance to affect all players, that system is far too deep in the game to start poking around. 

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The blood on Pinehurst is going to stay as is. It's an issue that is deep within and the amount of resources it would have required would have pulled from other more pressing issues affecting game play.

YES!!!!! I love the rainbow blood on Pinehurst!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@mattshotcha Is there any chance that friendly fire will return as an option in the game? Let the game host turn it on or off before the game starts?
Also why not wait until Friday the 13th for the final update?
It would have been grandiose!

34 minutes ago, adam0432 said:

@mattshotcha Is there any chance that friendly fire will return as an option in the game? Let the game host turn it on or off before the game starts?

Also why not wait until Friday the 13th for the final update?

It would have been grandiose!

I would love to know who made the call to kill this game before Friday The 13th...

Did ANYONE speak up about how maybeeeee it's not the best of ideas?

At least they're not gonna reintroduce the Tommy voice lines in which he says that he needs to escape asap, effectively discouraging people from killing Jason/helping counselors.

39 minutes ago, thatdudescottpart2 said:

I would love to know who made the call to kill this game before Friday The 13th...

I think more that it's the end of the dedicated servers that will bury the game than the return of allied shooting as an option and not imposed on all public matches.

The end of this good game was started during the unfortunate lawsuit😥

49 minutes ago, adam0432 said:

I think more that it's the end of the dedicated servers that will bury the game than the return of allied shooting as an option and not imposed on all public matches.

The end of this good game was started during the unfortunate lawsuit😥

The problem with turning friendly fire on is that it isn't restricted to shotguns. Any weapon can kill you. So all that would happen is you'd have a bunch of teamers chasing you down and slashing you to death. It's literally the worst idea imaginable. That's why they took it away to begin with.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

The problem with turning friendly fire on is that it isn't restricted to shotguns. Any weapon can kill you. So all that would happen is you'd have a bunch of teamers chasing you down and slashing you to death. It's literally the worst idea imaginable. That's why they took it away to begin with.

Agreed.

• Thanks 1

@mattshotcha

Did you get my comment about the offline bots, I would appreciate if you guys looked into the Offline Bot problems. If this patch doesn't fix the problems. Also after the patch, what if the bots get more messed up, would you guys fix those problems, don't leave single player people hanging now, just saying. 

On 11/8/2020 at 6:31 AM, Brock666 said:

The chance of survival against an experienced Jason, in the second half of the game, when Jason is in rage mode, is now extremely small!!!

That's the idea isn't it? Half the point of the rage update was to give counselors a reason to escape ASAP. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

That's the idea isn't it? Half the point of the rage update was to give counselors a reason to escape ASAP. 

That was my perception.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

@mattshotcha

Did you get my comment about the offline bots, I would appreciate if you guys looked into the Offline Bot problems. If this patch doesn't fix the problems. Also after the patch, what if the bots get more messed up, would you guys fix those problems, don't leave single player people hanging now, just saying. 

The bots will be easier to kill now that they won't be able to PK glitch. Also, if they map glitch into a hiding place, they should be able to be killed because they follow the same guidelines as real players. 

As far as the noob simulator where the bots hide under beds and in closets the whole match, that will most likely remain the same.

Honestly they're not very hard to find when that happens. They usually get stuck in the same places on every map.

You can check closets by standing directly in front of them, aiming a throwing knife (hold aim), and then looking down. You'll be able to see past the closet door and will quickly find out if there's anyone hiding inside.

You can check beds by going into combat stance and moving around near a bed. Jason will turn towards the center of the bed if someone is hiding under it.

Or you can just wait til rage and spam sense.

16 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

The bots will be easier to kill now that they won't be able to PK glitch. Also, if they map glitch into a hiding place, they should be able to be killed because they follow the same guidelines as real players. 

As far as the noob simulator where the bots hide under beds and in closets the whole match, that will most likely remain the same.

Honestly they're not very hard to find when that happens. They usually get stuck in the same places on every map.

You can check closets by standing directly in front of them, aiming a throwing knife (hold aim), and then looking down. You'll be able to see past the closet door and will quickly find out if there's anyone hiding inside.

You can check beds by going into combat stance and moving around near a bed. Jason will turn towards the center of the bed if someone is hiding under it.

Or you can just wait til rage and spam sense.

I never said it was hard to find them in hiding spots, I'm just saying it sucks that they get stuck in the closet and I wish they weren't stuck in their the whole match. Like me I like to have fun with bots not just when they go in hiding spots 50% of the time, which is something that I want them to fix. Oddly enough the bots can get out from under the beds though, for some reason they can't do it with the closets, tents and outhouses. Also not to mention there's a tent glitch where the bot is shown outside the tent and you kill kill the bot. 

1 hour ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Also not to mention there's a tent glitch where the bot is shown outside the tent and you kill kill the bot. 

Like I said that will be taken care of with this:

On 11/6/2020 at 1:53 PM, mattshotcha said:

Patch Notes - 11.10.2020 - Final Patch

Patch 1.39

Counselor - Game Play

• Hiding Under Bed: An issue where players could hide under beds and become stuck in a way where Jason could not kill them has been fixed. While it is still possible in some instances to cause the bug, the counselor will be able to be killed by Jason in that state.

The bots follow the same basic parameters as real players. Anything a live counselor can do, a bot can do and vise versa. The only exceptions are ping related glitches like sliding, since bots don't have ping.

So by patching the counselor glitch, they unavoidably patch the bot glitch as well. The same with PK glitching. You won't get more than one PK out of a bot anymore. Which, unfortunately, will make bots on hard difficulty seem like bots on easy.

10 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Random counselor is a tricky one. The team could never get correct repro in house on it, despite the community experiencing it a lot. That's not to say it doesn't happen, just that without reliable repro it's tough to diagnose. That said, we think there is an element of it that pertains to the dedicated servers and connecting to them either late or with higher ping. So there is a very good chance that it won't show up in peer to peer connections. We didn't list all this in the patch notes because again, without solid repro we couldn't confirm.

Perk roll bug is listed in the patch notes. While you still will see an error if rolling/selling too quickly, the game will no longer crash. The backend needs ample time to keep up with those changes when rolling and selling so the error still will pop. But the game will not lock up.

The perk system was deemed off limits after investigation into it. We had wanted to rebuild it, but other persistent issues had to be addressed first. The short of it is we would need to either completely rebuild the perk system or not touch it.

See above.

As for our prioritization, it's important to understand that issues like a sound sync are never going to override issues affecting the experience for say, a whole lobby of players. It's just a hard fact. We tried to focus our efforts on items that would have the widest impact for the most players possible. While some issues, like the perk system potential rebuild, have a chance to affect all players, that system is far too deep in the game to start poking around. 

What about this?

"And set up balance in game!!! Return back stun effect for Flare Gun and Fire Crackers, when Jason is in rage mode. These items now are useless in the second half of the game!!! The chance of survival against an experienced Jason, in the second half of the game, when Jason is in rage mode, is now extremely small!!!"

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Brock666 said:

What about this?

"And set up balance in game!!! Return back stun effect for Flare Gun and Fire Crackers, when Jason is in rage mode. These items now are useless in the second half of the game!!! The chance of survival against an experienced Jason, in the second half of the game, when Jason is in rage mode, is now extremely small!!!"

Flare guns aren't useless in rage. You can still use them to put Jason on the map when he's using stalk.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Flare guns aren't useless in rage. You can still use them to put Jason on the map when he's using stalk.

Are you serious? Or is this a joke? Flare Gun and Fire Crackers useless items after rage rebalance. It's true, it's damn true

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, Brock666 said:

Are you serious? Or is this a joke? Flare Gun and Fire Crackers useless items after rage rebalance. It's true, it's damn true

I'm absolutely serious. Shoot the flare gun up in the air. If Jason's anywhere near you he lights up like a Christmas tree. Not just on the mini map either.

Little known fact:  If you can see Jason on your mini map, you can see him on your main map too.

• Like 1