mattshotcha

Patch Notes - 11.10.2020

They stated many times over countless topics that Savini would NEVER be up for sale even if it meant to keep up the dedicated servers for a bit longer. I don't agree with the logic but it isn't my decision either. It probably wouldn't generate enough money to keep them open much longer anyway, servers are expensive.

Eh...console players will be used to the whole dumpster fire that is peer to peer. They should be able to adapt and at the very least, survive as a playerbase.

PC has had dedicated servers from the start if I recall. So they'll likely be affected the most by the cut off. Barely 500 players on a good day. I could definitely see peer to peer killing the PC playerbase for good, especially with all the trolls, teamers and hackers on PC.

6 hours ago, Andjjsjah said:

Lmao. Why don't you want to make Savini Jason free on Friday the 13th, or give him to us as payment DLC to still push up servers for that money? This makes common sense. All "fans" who buy pre-ordered this game from the beginning just walked away after time till this days, and they no more cares about theirs Savini Jason's and including this game anymore.

Should have backed the game then. 🤷🏼‍♂️

• Like 2

I get things are rough right now but by killing the dedicated servers it will cause a lot of people to stop playing :(  Please reconsider this. You've fixed the glitches that's awesome but please don't take away the dedicated servers. 

3 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

They should be able to adapt and at the very least, survive as a playerbase.

Not at all.

Peer to peer is unplayable. 

Some PC players seem to not understand how shit peer to peer actually is. I feel sad for people who think they can quit until host consistently. Good luck spending 20 min of your life fiding a lobby and quitting to be a host; and then waiting more 10 min to fill up the lobby; and when the match ends, you have to repeat all of that.

The searching process, as far as I know, works that way: on the first 5 minutes, it searches for other hosts, and after those 5 minutes it starts loading to create your lobby. However, it is very inconsistent because sometimes it just bugs and loads infinitely or it just says "game error" and you have to wait 5 min again (or it just creates a room with you as a host in the first 10 seconds, but it is very rare). If you finally do find a lobby, you have to wait for it to fill. Don't think it will be fast, usually, it takes around 10min, discounting people who quit because they were done waiting. Something that I do notice is that the more people you have in your lobby, the more chances you have to receive more players, so playing in a group is the most viable option. 

I played this game while it was peer to peer because I often had at least 4 friends wanting to play this game. Do I have it now? No, and that's why I am leaving.

I don't want to be a pessimist, but this is my F13 the Game pee to pee experience. If you think it's a matter of "just quitting until you are host" and all of your problems will be solved, you'll probably be surprised. If you work or have any obligation, this will be a problem for you because you'll have to invest a lot of time to find one match. If you have other games that consistently connect you on matches, is it really worth it trading them for a game that can take more than 30 min to find a match? Probably not.

Things were already very bad with the dedicated server (sometimes took me 10 min to find a match). Imagine now...

My honest suggestion is to keep only the good memories and not make bad ones. F13 the Game was the best game I played in my entire life, but things have their time to end; and time flies when we are having fun. It is the end of F13 the Game, but not of Jason, nor our amazing community... nor future video games that will be just as amazing as this one.

Sorry for the long text, but I really wanted to say something.

Thanks, mattschotcha, these changes are all great. Hope to see much more of both your as well as Gun's work on future horror-themed video games.

Hope to rencounter this lovable community in other games.

I am very happy but also very sad. Thanks, F13 the Game, but unfortunately, I think it is time to move on. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

Eh...console players will be used to the whole dumpster fire that is peer to peer. They should be able to adapt and at the very least, survive as a playerbase.

Before the dedicated servers, the biggest complaint was about hosts leaving and how P2P was ruining the game.

I remember how it was.   When playing as Jason, 99% of the time, i would always had to baby and pamper the host.  

• Like 2

I get that peer to peer absolutely sucks. There’s no disputing that. It makes playing worthless and unbearable. This announcement pretty much means I am done playing this game online. That being said, I’ll still have fun killing offline bots as Jason. That never gets old to me. 

18 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

I'm sorry to say, but offline bots pathing was not as high a priority as some of these other big ticket items that we wanted to get resolved. I know that's not what you want to hear, but if you think about it, it is understandable. Part of that decision is the fact that while it isn't the best pathing for the bots, it is still able to be completed.

Could you guys atleast look at this issue, since dedicated servers are going away, some people like to play bots and not gonna want to play online half the time since it's going to turn into p2p.. I love playing bots and would hate to run into this problem where they get stuck in the hiding spots like outhouses and closets. A few people like myself have been reporting this for awhile now and I think it's fair to have it checked out for the single player people before you guys wrap up. 

After this patch is released, hope this fixes the problem but if not, I would appreciate you guys to check it out if it's reported. Also I forgot to mention if this new patch does mess up the bots somehow, it would be nice to give them a good fix up.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Gilver said:

I wouldn't say its understandable tbh sounds like settling for the bare minimum of function, just because it can be finished doesn't mean that finding a cluster of bots all hiding in the same house in 4 different closets is anywhere close to an enjoyable experience not to mention the cabin by cabin sweep you have to do 90% of the time for the final bot who is stuck under a bed somewhere or frankly even acceptable after it wasn't a "high priority" on the last patch but the last patch wasn't THE LAST patch. leaving the bots in this state may function but its not enjoyable at all and now it never will be when frankly your game is entering a state where bots will be 10x more important to the overall experience

not trying to be rude but its just not understandable nor is it acceptable. nothing i can do about that obviously but im just sayin 

I would love it if they just did one more patch just for Offline bots, yea others are gonna complain and say "That's it, no online stuff" but oh well Online is going to be dying out soon with dedicated servers going away anyways no offense to anyone here that still enjoys online

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

PC has had dedicated servers from the start if I recall. So they'll likely be affected the most by the cut off. Barely 500 players on a good day. I could definitely see peer to peer killing the PC playerbase for good, especially with all the trolls, teamers and hackers on PC.

If they get better anti-cheats  I am 100% sure the game would be in the thousands for players.

Thank you for everything I wish you and the team the best. @mattshotcha

But please if you can somehow implement host migration.
It would surely be very appreciated by all many players.
by the way very nice patch they are going to spear corrections, I hope to see its fruit in its launch.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, tyrant666 said:

I could definitely see peer to peer killing the PC playerbase for good, especially with all the trolls, teamers and hackers on PC.

I'm afraid that might be indeed the case and I'm on PC.

9 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

I would love it if they just did one more patch just for Offline bots, yea others are gonna complain and say "That's it, no online stuff" but oh well Online is going to be dying out soon with dedicated servers going away anyways no offense to anyone here that still enjoys online

9 hours ago, Friday-Fan-88 said:

Could you guys atleast look at this issue, since dedicated servers are going away, some people like to play bots and not gonna want to play online half the time since it's going to turn into p2p.. I love playing bots and would hate to run into this problem where they get stuck in the hiding spots like outhouses and closets. A few people like myself have been reporting this for awhile now and I think it's fair to have it checked out for the single player people before you guys wrap up. 

After this patch is released, hope this fixes the problem but if not, I would appreciate you guys to check it out if it's reported. Also I forgot to mention if this new patch does mess up the bots somehow, it would be nice to give them a good fix up.

Agreed.

@mattshotcha

The final final patch needs to fix any and all off-line play/ save issues for the game that will be the only option to play when peer 2 peer isn’t an option.

please see what you and the team can come up with for it all audio sink issues  for off-line single player challenges and path ways for vs bots is a priority.

• Like 1

@mattshotcha

Please update it so that the game Friday 13TH The Game Fully Functional can be OFFline mode.

I can't even change the deaths, I can't level up even if I have everything unlocked online,
I can't play it if the game is in OFFline mode.

Please fix it so that we continue to play we love the video game.

Ya era una verguenza los jason de 150 de nivel ,pidiendo a sus novios que le ayuden a no morir: cogiendo el jersey o atropellar y demas ( TEAM TROLLS).Mas gracia me hacia matarlos , pero ahora que sigan cobrando por el juego y que dejen los servidores asi...DAIS EL MISMO ASCO MATTSHOTCHA Y CYA

What about Jason's skin/texture error?

What about Counsellor/Jason select error in match? When you play a character that wasn't selected

What about bug with roll perks and critical error?

If this is the latest patch, you should fix these bugs!!!

1 hour ago, Brock666 said:

What about Jason's skin/texture error?

What about Counsellor/Jason select error in match? When you play a character that wasn't selected

What about bug with roll perks and critical error?

If this is the latest patch, you should fix these bugs!!!

Thats also a concerning issue with.....also that weird blood splatter on the Pinehurst Map is annoying to even witness.

And set up balance in game!!! Return back stun effect for Flare Gun and Fire Crackers, when Jason is in rage mode. These items now are useless in the second half of the game!!! The chance of survival against an experienced Jason, in the second half of the game, when Jason is in rage mode, is now extremely small!!!

1 hour ago, The Milwauking Dead said:

What about sparkly rainbow blood/fluids in Pinehurst???? That’s still an issue. Will that be fixed in this final patch???

Agreed!!!

any chance to have the perk queue expanded to allow players to collect all the different perks and not just hold 30? Also, can the Level be changed to just be unlimited instead of capped at 150? I love this game, but those would be nice for a last patch for the players. 

15 minutes ago, SaxMan1022 said:

any chance to have the perk queue expanded to allow players to collect all the different perks and not just hold 30? Also, can the Level be changed to just be unlimited instead of capped at 150? I love this game, but those would be nice for a last patch for the players. 

Thats also not a bad idea! also 30 should be 50 tbh!

On 11/7/2020 at 9:58 AM, Friday-Fan-88 said:

yea i mean i really dont understand how "its not a high priority" when the game is about to lose the last of its players due to this change it just is... the numbers will die down with no new updates or content or just frustration over the peer to peer system when you could have put some effort into making your bots decent and thus leave the game in a decently playable state for people who like to play jason. like i said its not understandable or acceptable to leave bots in this state when this is the final patch and you have known about it for what? 2 patches ago? its frankly ridiculous you could future proof your game but your choosing not to because "eh it still kinda works right?" thats lame and its an excuse... and that sucks because i love what you guys made and then you broke it and now your outright refusing to fix it

not to be rude but thats frustrating and i think its the wrong move

• Like 3