mattshotcha

Patch Notes - 11.10.2020

So we can never finish all achievements/trophies? Is there any option?  😭

3 minutes ago, ODIN said:

So we can never finish all achievements/trophies? Is there any option?  😭

we can lol

48 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Sorry to be a bother Matt, but did they have time to remove the negatives from Legendary Perks?

And did they increase the chances of being awarded higher level perks at max level, cause I still don’t want to spend 500,000 and get perks worse than what I have. 

No, the perk system was unfortunately something we would have had to either rebuild or not tinker with. I know that sucks to hear, as there are quite a few things we would have liked to be able to tune. 

18 minutes ago, Xxxxssdd said:

I'm looking at this thread with a bit of sadness to know that soon the game's gonna loose its last bits of technical support, as the game provided me and my friends plenty of hours spent in a really good atmosphere. I knew, as many of us did, that this day will come through somehow and would like to thank all the people that worked on the game itself. Even though the game never blossomed to it's full potential, it was and still is entertaining to this day.

I have a question on my mind, that I'm sure many of us wonder ourselves. The game has a known issue with players casually leaving the matches as soon as it begins and (most commonly) for the reason of not getting chosen to play as Jason or simply rage quitting when a Jason faces a strong counselor team. So I'd like to know @mattshotcha , as I'm not a technical expert, with the migration from dedicated servers to peer-to-peer matchmaking is there any protocol in place for the latter situation, when the host of the game rage quits the game, does it automatically end the match and kicks everyone out of the game immediately, or the game rewards you with your end match points and carry on like it is the case so far?

If the host of the match quits, it will end the match for the players in that lobby. We explored our options to negate this effect but it was not possible with the way the current matchmaking system is built. Matchmaking in this game is one of the areas where we ran into similar troubles as I described in the reply about perks. We hit a wall of either completely rebuild or keep it as is, with little to no in between.

im happy to see the tommy voice lines restored. that is so awesome! did not expect that..

thank you to all.

i will still be playing until they pry this game from my cold dead fingers ha ha ha ha HA

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Patch Notes - 11.10.2020 - Final Patch

Patch 1.39

This patch will deploy on Tuesday, November 10th. 

Patch is scheduled to start rolling out at roughly 10AM Eastern US Time Tuesday morning on the PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Switch will be delayed. As soon as we have definite timing for the Switch we will update here.

Combat Stance 

• Commonly referred to as Sliding or Teleporting, the team has fixed an issue allowing players to manipulate combat stance changes.
  • Players may still see, when in spectator mode, counselors attempting to perform the exploit, however this is a visual artifact.

Pocket Knife Issues

• Instant break free by using health spray or firecrackers when grabbed, resulting in not only an instant break free but also retention of the player’s pocket knife, has been fixed.
  • Loss of pocket knives in circumstances when firecrackers are used has also been fixed. 

Jason - Game Play

• Ability Unlock/Recharge Rate toggle in private matches has been fixed to include both parameters.
  • Lobby icon irregularities resulting in an inaccurate lobby icon have been fixed.
  • Abduction, when Jason is able to Morph while holding a counselor, has been fixed.
  • Mask HP loopholes where use of a flare gun or firecrackers could get the mask to come off too quickly have been fixed.
  • Jason Kill Sequence - Kneel: The issue where the kneeling animation during the Jason Kill process could be repeated has been fixed.

Counselor - Game Play

• Hiding Under Bed: An issue where players could hide under beds and become stuck in a way where Jason could not kill them has been fixed. While it is still possible in some instances to cause the bug, the counselor will be able to be killed by Jason in that state. 
  • Lobby icon irregularities resulting in an inaccurate lobby icon have been fixed.
  • Numerous safe spots around the maps have been fixed, including the Pinehurst Roof method by way of Tommy’s bed.
  • Players will now see an error if they roll and sell perks too quickly, but the game will stay functional and no longer lock up. Players can then continue to roll and sell perks, being cautious of not overloading the roll system.
  • An issue causing the Counselor clothing options to not save properly when altering color/items has been resolved. Feel free to go back to playing Pink Cop Kenny.
  • Tommy Jarvis voice lines have been restored, and this is between him and Jason.

General

• Various Interaction Locks have been fixed, particularly those that occurred when players would input either multiple button presses or rapid button presses in short succession, rapid pick up and put down of items, and multiple inputs appearing with on screen prompts.
  • Fuse Box and Fuse spawn for the Cop call has been extended to ensure the fuse does not spawn inside the house with the fuse repair box.
  • With this patch, matchmaking will shift away from Dedicated Servers and onto Peer to Peer Matchmaking for all matches.
    • The game will still be playable online publicly with the Quick Play option and privately with the Private Match option.
    • For more on this change, as well as the status of the game going forward, please follow up with our statement here.

3 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Patch Notes - 11.10.2020 - Final Patch

Patch 1.39

This patch will deploy on Tuesday, November 10th. 

Patch is scheduled to start rolling out at roughly 10AM Eastern US Time Tuesday morning on the PC, PS4, and Xbox One.

Switch will be delayed. As soon as we have definite timing for the Switch we will update here.

Combat Stance 

• Commonly referred to as Sliding or Teleporting, the team has fixed an issue allowing players to manipulate combat stance changes.
  • Players may still see, when in spectator mode, counselors attempting to perform the exploit, however this is a visual artifact.

Pocket Knife Issues

• Instant break free by using health spray or firecrackers when grabbed, resulting in not only an instant break free but also retention of the player’s pocket knife, has been fixed.
  • Loss of pocket knives in circumstances when firecrackers are used has also been fixed. 

Jason - Game Play

• Ability Unlock/Recharge Rate toggle in private matches has been fixed to include both parameters.
  • Abduction, when Jason is able to Morph while holding a counselor, has been fixed.
  • Mask HP loopholes where use of a flare gun or firecrackers could get the mask to come off too quickly have been fixed.
  • Jason Kill Sequence - Kneel: The issue where the kneeling animation during the Jason Kill process could be repeated has been fixed.

Counselor - Game Play

• Hiding Under Bed: An issue where players could hide under beds and become stuck in a way where Jason could not kill them has been fixed. While it is still possible in some instances to cause the bug, the counselor will be able to be killed by Jason in that state. 
  • Numerous safe spots around the maps have been fixed, including the Pinehurst Roof method by way of Tommy’s bed.
  • Players will now see an error if they roll and sell perks too quickly, but the game will stay functional and no longer lock up. Players can then continue to roll and sell perks, being cautious of not overloading the roll system.
  • An issue causing the Counselor clothing options to not save properly when altering color/items has been resolved. Feel free to go back to playing Pink Cop Kenny.
  • Tommy Jarvis voice lines have been restored, and this is between him and Jason.

General

• Various Interaction Locks have been fixed, particularly those that occurred when players would input either multiple button presses or rapid button presses in short succession, rapid pick up and put down of items, and multiple inputs appearing with on screen prompts.
  • Fuse Box and Fuse spawn for the Cop call has been extended to ensure the fuse does not spawn inside the house with the fuse repair box.
  • With this patch, matchmaking will shift away from Dedicated Servers and onto Peer to Peer Matchmaking for all matches.
    • The game will still be playable online publicly with the Quick Play option and privately with the Private Match option.
    • For more on this change, as well as the status of the game going forward, please follow up with our statement here.

Well it sure was a long run before they eventually put now the game in a bad state it was nice playing this game and without anymore to say it was good while it lasted have a nice day :')

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

No, the perk system was unfortunately something we would have had to either rebuild or not tinker with. I know that sucks to hear, as there are quite a few things we would have liked to be able to tune. 

If the host of the match quits, it will end the match for the players in that lobby. We explored our options to negate this effect but it was not possible with the way the current matchmaking system is built. Matchmaking in this game is one of the areas where we ran into similar troubles as I described in the reply about perks. We hit a wall of either completely rebuild or keep it as is, with little to no in between.

Welp I guess finishing a round is going to be super rare now. Players almost always quit after they die, because who wants to sit there and wait 15+ minutes for the match to finish?

Would have preferred to keep all the bugs and have host migration, because at least then the game would be playable.

At the very least the host should be randomized each match and the should always be Jason.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

keep making these tournaments! keep this game going!

Yes sir ! Been a fan of this game since day 1 and will continue to enjoy every part of it 💯

You guys fixed the issue with jason staying at his keens for too long but didn't fix the glitch where he DOESN'T kneel down at all ? 

41 minutes ago, Rabid-child said:

Welp I guess finishing a round is going to be super rare now. Players almost always quit after they die, because who wants to sit there and wait 15+ minutes for the match to finish?

Would have preferred to keep all the bugs and have host migration, because at least then the game would be playable.

At the very least the host should be randomized each match and the should always be Jason.  

Come on now. You'd rather have all the bugs and host migration? I doubt that very much. I get that you aren't keen to go back to peer to peer, but this is pure hyperbole.

15 minutes ago, crash said:

You guys fixed the issue with jason staying at his keens for too long but didn't fix the glitch where he DOESN'T kneel down at all ? 

Because that isn't a bug. If Jason is affected by the sweater and you hit him but he doesn't kneel, it means you didn't get a stun hit on him.

Try a higher stun chance weapon. I personally see the baseball bat work 99% of the time.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Did the rock glitch/exploit on Higgins Small, Jarvis, and Pinehurst all get fixed?

I have to check on this particular one as I'm not sure if this was one of the spots fixed.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Come on now. You'd rather have all the bugs and host migration? I doubt that very much. I get that you aren't keen to go back to peer to peer, but this is pure hyperbole.

While the fixed bugs are nice, they weren't too much of a problem. Really not too many people were exploiting those bugs and you could work around it. Not having host migration will potentially affect a huge percentage of matches. I don't have faith that the other players will stick around after they die just so others can finish the match. ( I mean come on, have you played with these people? Half of them quit at the start of the match and the other half quit as soon as they are grabbed)

29 minutes ago, Rabid-child said:

While the fixed bugs are nice, they weren't too much of a problem.

this is a joke, right? this game was a crawling hive of bugs..

if you listen to the old timers in town, theyll tell you.. enter/exit lobby until it makes you the host. problem solved AND less bugs than ever.. how do ya like the sound of that?

• Thanks 1

50 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

I have to check on this particular one as I'm not sure if this was one of the spots fixed.

OK, those were the main ones people were using especially the big rock formation behind the main house on Higgins Small map.

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

Will hackers be able to continue to delete our cps? 

• Like 1

I'm of the mindset that it'll go right back to not being able to finish a match due to hosts quitting mid-game. Sure, you can hop in and out of lobbies until you're host and do the decent thing of staying 'til it's done. But even that takes a while oftentimes, wasted time just to start a match. So yes, I'd rather have had the bugs but avoid this disaster, than have this mess back at all.

• Like 1

Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

With this being the final patch, I have one VERY important question.... Will this be playable on Xbox Series X and PS5??????

yes its backwards compatible for ps5 and xbox series x 

Just now, The Milwauking Dead said:

Really????! Awesome! When was this confirmed?

this has been confirmed for a long time just google it 

While I'm glad Tommy's lines have been thrown back in, I'm outright pissed that the update isn't dropping on Friday the 13th. I mean, come on: the stars aligned for a moment like this and it's going to be squandered!

Lmao. Why don't you want to make Savini Jason free on Friday the 13th, or give him to us as payment DLC to still push up servers for that money? This makes common sense. All "fans" who buy pre-ordered this game from the beginning just walked away after time till this days, and they no more cares about theirs Savini Jason's and including this game anymore.

• Haha 1