Sprayable Spaghetti™ Sales

F13 Information Guide: A Guide Explaining And Disproving A Good Chunk Of The Misinformation of both Friday The 13th: The Game and Gun Media.

8 hours ago, Sprayable Spaghetti™ Sales said:

That is up to you to decide, but if you do think Gun. is bad, I just ask you to not attack the people there at Gun. It's one thing to dislike a company, but another beast entirely if you outright despise the particular people there.

This

16 hours ago, Sprayable Spaghetti™ Sales said:

Before I give an opinion, I'm going to try and see if I can ask Wes about this, since now we may have 2 conflicting answers. I'm wondering if what Ronnie had said was more of a "if and when" type thing, rather then them knowing 100% when they will have their hand forced to stop.

I can tell you that by asking Wes will only result in an answer to cover themselves. Ronnie said it clear as day in that podcast, not accepting that as the truth and fact is just further denial.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

I can tell you that by asking Wes will only result in an answer to cover themselves. Ronnie said it clear as day in that podcast, not accepting that as the truth and fact is just further denial.

I've been wanting this answer for years and it was always something I pondered in terms of rationalizing all the stops and starts and misfires throughout the first year of its life.

Now that we know, it does make sense of the constant mishaps throughout 2017 and it kinda makes them look foolish for backing themselves into a corner with dedicated servers as a promise, then using them as a development black hole whereas more content could've been created and delivered, as it was really the only real strength of the team over the first year. Even singleplayer challenges look silly in hindsight. They were limited use modes and the trade off wasn't great.

1 hour ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

I never said I was denying anything, I would just like to get a bit more insight, seeing now we have 2 conflicting answers. 

40 minutes ago, Sprayable Spaghetti™ Sales said:

I never said I was denying anything, I would just like to get a bit more insight, seeing now we have 2 conflicting answers. 

I wasn't saying you specifically were in denial, I am simply saying anyone who doesn't see everything for what it is with the proof that has been shown regarding so many things with this game and still defend gun are the ones in denial. All I said in regards to you is that asking Wes is pointless. It will just be more lies.

@Sprayable Spaghetti™ Sales

Much like the whole Savini Jason eBay scam. They to this day deny it yet it was looked into heavily and tracked and everything was noted. Check out the two threads I posted on the first page. Clear as day there was a link between gun and the eBay sellar selling the Savini codes yet much like the clear cut knowing of the lawsuit stopping content way ahead of time they lie and deny deny deny. Coincidence.... I think not

• Like 1

On 11/9/2020 at 7:17 PM, PackASnack_Lodge said:

Much like the whole Savini Jason eBay scam. They to this day deny it yet it was looked into heavily and tracked and everything was noted. Check out the two threads I posted on the first page. Clear as day there was a link between gun and the eBay sellar selling the Savini codes yet much like the clear cut knowing of the lawsuit stopping content way ahead of time they lie and deny deny deny. Coincidence.... I think not

My questions is how do you know they didn't do anything about it? Maybe they just didn't inform the public about it. 

My Guess is The Reason why Wes Keltner and Gunmedia REFUSE To crowd fund a game to get the money for a license is because the HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE From the kickstarter and backer campaign for Friday the 13th.Alot of people were angry and wanted a refund and caused trouble the last time Wes and Gunmedia tried to crowd fund.

So its no Wonder as to why Wes and Gunmedia REFUSE To never Crowd fund again.

If Wes Keltner would have opened the crowd funding campaign to get a license For Halloween and to negotiate with MIRAMAX AND TARIC AKKAD we would Have a Halloween game.

Too Many Backers and Complainers have caused Wes Keltner to refuse any other crowd funding campaigns.

after reveiwing these threads and the podcast in question, and now that im done crying, id like to share a few thoughts i had.. this is not meant to be a denial fest, or a defend gun media party, nor is it meant to accuse any wrong doing, just some thoughts..

first i'll start out with a few quotes.. i found the statements begining at 1:02:19 where ronnie hobbs says:

"the hardest part was the fact that we knew things might change, (because of lawsuit)and we had to rush out DLC, while also trying to fix the game"

i find these next quotes very interesting:

"you dont just get paid day one when your game sells"

"we couldnt even hire new people, we were out of money by the time we shipped the game"

"so you cant even ramp up support"

"our guys were killing themselves" (trying to finish DLC in time)

so here is my theory:

they were out of money, & according to ronnie, it would be about 90 days after the games release before they saw any profit from the game. they had a ton of bug problems as we all know, plus now a looming deadline to finish the DLC, no money for a 90 day period to hire more people and ramp up production, and an already exhasted dev team as it was.

so, was the scam they allegedly pulled off for personal gain? or was it to keep the game alive? it seems like this 90 day period of time waiting for profits was a huge problem. what if they cooked up this scam as a way to come up with the rest of the money they needed?

may 26 2017 was the games release date. july 19 2017, the ebay scammer account was created. so the account was created during this 90 day period hobbs spoke about during the podcast. is this the reason they betrayed the community's trust? because they were screwed money wise & didnt have the time to waste before profits came in considering this new deadline? of course, this does not justify their actions in any case, but you cant always do the right thing, given a desperate situation..

again, this is just a theory, & i am not trying to defend gun media here.. these are just some thoughts i had after listening to ronnie. overall, one way or another, i am disappointed in any dirty deeds.. what do YOU think??

• Like 1

I'd still stand by what I said earlier.

All the starts and stops indicate they knew they were backed into a corner and just made it up as they went along. Making them look like they were trying to squeeze as much money out of it as they could before Miller/Cunningham derailed it.

- The small maps, NES Jason and clothing pack as an 'apology' for radio silence and the messy launch. The small maps ended up taking over the game, encouraging more troll behavior arguably and just didn't really add anything to game. Much like how Pinehurst and Jarvis were too Jason heavy, leaving the best maps being the original 3 launch maps IMO.

- Hype up a standalone NES Jason with his own stats and music early in the game's life, never materializes

- Hype up Uber Jason and Grendel over 2017 holidays, only to skip him and go with Roy/Pinehurst...this should be the real red flag in hindsight. They obviously realized they'd never be able to finish the new assets for Grendel in time before the lawsuit derailed the game, so they went with reused assets and another camp setting to cut back on the need for developing new map assets.

- Hype up Paranoia, then cancel it because it 'wasn't fun'. Hindsight being what it is, they might as well have just added those custom match settings from private lobbies to public lobbies for the host when they knew they would eventually be shutting down dedicated servers. At the very least, this would've offered more game mode types than simply giving up on a game mode AFTER hyping it on social media.

Those are just the biggies that we've all pointed to at one point or another. Obviously, there were other misfires, but those stand out at least in terms of the content pool.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, tyrant666 said:

- Hype up Paranoia, then cancel it because it 'wasn't fun'. Hindsight being what it is, they might as well have just added those custom match settings from private lobbies to public lobbies for the host when they knew they would eventually be shutting down dedicated servers. At the very least, this would've offered more game mode types than simply giving up on a game mode AFTER hyping it on social media.

Those are just the biggies that we've all pointed to at one point or another. Obviously, there were other misfires, but those stand out at least in terms of the content pool.

Well I found myself in a match with the Paranoia mod today. The host was a hacker. I didn't know that was it and I didn't understand that there was no Jason. It was really boring and I understand that it was canceled. 

I'm honestly shocked we're still digging thru all this despite the fact that literally zero new information has come up, but here we are.

First off, Ronnie saying something about we "might" this or we "might" that is exactly what it is, vague and unclear. Hardly the smoking gun, end all be all proof of some master coverup. The simple truth is, as I've said before, the team was told to stop and stopped. We have zero to gain from stopping content earlier than forced to and everything to lose. I honestly do not understand how so many conversations can be had on this topic without any thought to that fact. Ask yourself simply: What would Gun gain by halting content on a game that was making money off content? Then if you really want to end this insanity of half baked theories ask yourself a second question: If they did intentionally halt content on the game, why did they then hang around keeping servers running for YEARS after the fact, spending money on servers without new DLC bringing money in? Before anyone types up another "Gun knew this or that and Gun doesn't care" post, answer those two questions for me, LOGICALLY. If Gun just wanted out, Gun would have got out right at the content stoppage. After all, there is ZERO obligation on Gun to run dedicated servers for a day past the content stoppage, never mind years after. 

Up next: Savini on eBay. Another topic we've covered numerous times. A partner had a theft of codes, those codes were sold on eBay. When informed, Gun passed the info to the partner for them to handle in house. I read a comment in this thread prior that it was "obviously linked to Gun" and that's a ridiculous statement. Gun was not behind those sales on eBay and the situation was handled by our partner to the best of everyone's ability. If we wanted to sell Savini Jason wouldn't it be far easier to just drop him on the marketplaces? But that is even besides the point. Ultimately, from what I can gather from reading a hundred of these conspiracy threads is that anyone who has an issue with the situation has that issue still despite hearing from us on it because there was no FBI raid of some seasonal employees apartment, complete with SWAT teams and a trip to Guantanamo. Just because the full hellfire of the US Military was not unleashed upon someone does not mean boom, Gun must be behind it. When faced with a lack of evidence to support your theory you cannot simply substitute a supporting theory in it's place and treat it as facts.

This theory that we shipped Roy and Pinehurst to "reuse assets" is another one completely devoid of any understanding of how games are made or what was closer to completion and what wasn't. Again, substituting your theory in place of any real fact or inside knowledge on a subject is just telling stories. You speculate we skipped Jason X and Grendel based off what? What timing did you feel was presented that would have implied that X/Grendel should have been first?

As for Kickstarter, as it definitely helped us get F13 made and we're thankful for that, every game studio would be using it if it were simply the best way to fund and make games. Truth is, funding and creating games without the crowdfunding route is better overall for the company and community. So we're not going to crowdfund a game if we can make the game by funding elsewhere. As you all know, we're working on another game. That game is not a Kickstarter project and no, Kickstarter and funding was not an integral part of deciding what game we make next. So it is inconsequential to what title we release next. I see this "Kickstarter to get a license" thing come up and it simply doesn't make sense. That's not how this works.

Did everything go smoothly? Nope.

Did this all go just how we planned? Nope.

Are we literally the devil or some kind of crime family? Also nope.

If after reading this reply or the 700 others I've typed up on these topics you still feel like Gun is some kind of big bad guy, that's your right to the opinion. I'm not here to change your mind or beg anyone to do anything they feel is outside of their best interest. You can carry those feelings over to the next title if that's truly how you feel. Again, that's your right. 

But if you're going to do nothing but dredge up the past, dredge up old articles, old threads, old podcasts and sling them around Gun channels to try and convince people who don't feel the same way that you do, you're going to have to do that on YOUR forum or YOUR channels. Not ours.

The official position Gun is taking here is that we've addressed this as many times and as thoroughly as we can and we're not going to continue to address this further. Again, as said before, I'm not here to change your mind if that's how you feel. Speak your mind, by all means. But if all you want to do is tell old tales in the hopes that you can sway anyone who thinks differently, you'll have to do so somewhere else. Our official channels are not your soapbox for wild conspiracies and attempts to indoctrinate our community.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2