Dear Gun Media,

Would you consider opening a GoFundMe page (or the like) for a monthly quota for maintaining dedicated servers? I know times are tough and financial hardship is seemingly imminent for some. But players would perhaps opt in for donating specifically to keep the server sessions dedicated (possibly including maintenance and or additional patches and updates). as they're more reliable, less laggy, and will not be interrupted by host-migration. Please consider this proposition. Fellow players such as myself are highly appreciative of the current content that's available and would thoroughly enjoy the sustainability of your game in the foreseeable future.

-F13 Fan

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, You said:

Dear Gun Media,

Would you consider opening a GoFundMe page (or the like) for a monthly quota for maintaining dedicated servers? I know times are tough and financial hardship is seemingly imminent for some. But players would perhaps opt in for donating specifically to keep the server sessions dedicated (possibly including maintenance and or additional patches and updates). as they're more reliable, less laggy, and will not be interrupted by host-migration. Please consider this proposition. Fellow players such as myself are highly appreciative of the current content that's available and would thoroughly enjoy the sustainability of your game in the foreseeable future.

-F13 Fan

no

• Confused 1

14 hours ago, You said:

Dear Gun Media,

-F13 Fan

What ?  God bless you man , but damn.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, celticfrost said:

I'd happily contribute substantial amount per month if this ever became an option

People might do that for a time, but the servers would eventually still be shut down.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Fair Play said:

People might do that for a time, but the servers would eventually still be shut down.

I am in Australia and we have a quite a hardcore group of players albeit small one that play almost every day. We will have no issues paying for a dedicated server atleast in AU. 

Also the game is still selling well in AU, every day I run into so many new players that I have never seen before.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, celticfrost said:

I am in Australia and we have a quite a hardcore group of players albeit small one that play almost every day. We will have no issues paying for a dedicated server atleast in AU. 

Also the game is still selling well in AU, every day I run into so many new players that I have never seen before.

Why do you need dedicated servers tho? Game play is better with p2p.

• Confused 2

2 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Why do you need dedicated servers tho? Game play is better with p2p.

I have only been playing since the lockdown so never experienced p2p. But I can see how it can help someone who is host and playing Jason. DT and quick blocking would be so easy. The only concern I have is, if host gets killed very early in the game and then he just leaves. That would kick everyone out. 

21 hours ago, You said:

Dear Gun Media,

-F13 Fan

so you are one of the many 8 year old kids that I keep running over in my matches.

• Confused 1

4 hours ago, celticfrost said:

I have only been playing since the lockdown so never experienced p2p. But I can see how it can help someone who is host and playing Jason. DT and quick blocking would be so easy. The only concern I have is, if host gets killed very early in the game and then he just leaves. That would kick everyone out. 

🤷‍♀️

Lobby jump til you're host 🤫

• Confused 1

On 11/4/2020 at 11:52 PM, You said:

Dear Gun Media,

-F13 Fan

If only.... :(

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Phantom Stranger said:

Wes said in a video back around launch that dedicated servers cost around $7,000 a month. I don't see how the community could keep that going for very long.

There might be members willing, though I can think of better investments.

• Like 1

On 11/8/2020 at 5:52 PM, Phantom Stranger said:

Wes said in a video back around launch that dedicated servers cost around $7,000 a month. I don't see how the community could keep that going for very long.

It's possible, but it would have to take great organization and communication.

Would have to find 1,500 people willing to give 5$ a month for example.

@mattshotcha

This is not a possibility, nor something we would consider doing.

We've explored every possible avenue to keep servers up in some form or fashion. Peer to peer is the only way forward from here.

• Thanks 1