Jump to content
adam0432

Bring back friendly-fire and make jason be able to get stun when rage is on

Recommended Posts

18 hours ago, BigJay said:

Undead Jasons (Part 6, 7, 8, 9, Savini) should not be able to get stunned in rage because you know they are undead. And human Jasons (Part 2, 3, 4, Roy) should be able to get stunned while in rage. Also wouldn't mind if friendly fire returned or not. It doesn't bother me If we have it or not. 

 
I like your suggestion about living jasons and undead jasons, not being able to stun undead jasons when they go into rage mode I see it as a balancing to the fact that they can't run and put more pressure on monitors who have very high endurance like for example vanessa etc ... this will be a very interesting addition in my opinion, but I think if the developers decide to do something about being able to stun jason in rage mode they will apply it to all the jasons
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Fair Play said:

As several members have stated, giving the option to toggle Friendly Fire in Quick Play would give teamers and trolls more power to ruin matches. Teamers taking the sweater is bad, but throw in the ability for a random Quick Play teamer to take a sweater and weapon kill you will make things worse. A player could weapon kill you for a senseless reason. How many complaints will happen if Friendly Fire comes back in any form for Quick Play with things like that happening?

With the right players, you can have a great time in Quick Play or Private. Make enough friends in game, and you can play either way.

Try checking the Gamertag topic of the forum if you are looking decent players who don't team.

The problem is that we can't really do much directly to the teamers in the current state of the game. The solutions proposed here are: leaving the game, going into hiding in a private match, trying to kill jason if the opportunity presents itself

With friendly fire they can still ruin our games, but we can prevent them from ruining our games and those of others, we can fight back. Most of us see friendly fire as a plague, but I'm sure. that they can be put to good use, it is no coincidence that it was present at the beginning
That's why they should put it back as an option, at least give it a try to see how the remaining community on the game will use it or not use it. We can't really know at the moment how it will actually be used

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, adam0432 said:

The teamers are worse ,

 

Teamers can only help shitty jason players by slowing you down or getting in your way.  

With friendly fire back on.  You basically allow teamers to also injure you or kill you.  You also allow players to kill you for what ever reason they want.  Maybe for the laughs, maybe because they don't like you Gamer Tag.  Maybe they think you're a teamer.

I actually like friendly fire... btw

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, adam0432 said:

The problem is that we can't really do much directly to the teamers in the current state of the game. The solutions proposed here are: leaving the game, going into hiding in a private match, trying to kill jason if the opportunity presents itself

With friendly fire they can still ruin our games, but we can prevent them from ruining our games and those of others, we can fight back. Most of us see friendly fire as a plague, but I'm sure. that they can be put to good use, it is no coincidence that it was present at the beginning
That's why they should put it back as an option, at least give it a try to see how the remaining community on the game will use it or not use it. We can't really know at the moment how it will actually be used

Friendly fire will not completely stop teamers from ruining your game. A teamer will team, if that is what they want to do.

The thing about friendly fire in Quick Play, is the "eye for an eye" mentality. You weapon kill them for something. In the next round, they get you back for killing them in the previous round. Pretty soon, every round is spent with someone getting revenge instead of playing the game. While you may not be that kind of player, other players might be.

Another thing to consider, is that not every player is looking forward to having to endure Friendly Fire. Imagine someone having a rough day, and they want to unwind with a few rounds of this game. Now imagine them playing round after round in Quick Play, where every lobby they land in, the host wants friendly fire on. That person is in a similar situation like yourself. They could complain, or they could consider their options. They could lobby hop, or they could play Private Matches.

Private Matches could be looked at as "locking yourself away". It can also be considered giving yourself matches tailored with the settings you want to enjoy in that time frame. You can meet cool people in Quick Play, and invite them to Private Matches, and still have a good time, with friendly fire.

Quick Play has always been and always will be unpredictable with each lobby. Friendly fire won't change that.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/7/2020 at 11:58 PM, HuDawg said:

 

With friendly fire back on.  You basically allow teamers to also injure you or kill you. 

Yes with allied fire they can hurt me, hurt us, but we can hurt them in return. Currently we can only leave or try to run them over  if we are lucky enough to have the keys and that's it.
We can't really hurt them without friendly fire

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/8/2020 at 6:45 AM, Fair Play said:

 

The thing about friendly fire in Quick Play, is the "eye for an eye" mentality.

The eye for eye mentality is already very present in the game, when you humiliate teamers in the previous game for 20 minutes, what do they do in the next game ? They'll stalk you the whole game forgetting to actually play the game.
And then they will attack the poor innocent people who have nothing to do with their stupidity and these innocent people will not even be able to retaliate without allied fire.
They must be put back as an option

On 11/7/2020 at 11:58 PM, HuDawg said:

 

  You also allow players to kill you for what ever reason they want.  Maybe for the laughs, maybe because they don't like you Gamer Tag.  Maybe they think you're a teamer.

I actually like friendly fire... btw

The morons of teamers already kill us for no reason, there we would just have a way to defend ourselves

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, adam0432 said:

Yes with allied fire they can hurt me, hurt us, but we can hurt them in return. 

 

Its kind of like adding fuel to the fire because you want to fight fire with fire.. while complaining about getting burned.

Much easier to quit the game instead of allowing the local yocals to throw down in a counselor death match. Again...


Seriously dude.. I've been playing this game since it came out and never had any issues teamers.  If Jason is that BAD that he needs someone to help him, i don't even care.  It would be like a father teaching his kid to ride a bike.

It was worse with friendly fire on and i liked friendly (for what it was meant to be).  Not to 'fight counselors with'.  But because it made fighting Jason more of a challenge.  But it got removed because players kept attacking other players.  

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, adam0432 said:

The eye for eye mentality is already very present in the game, when you humiliate teamers in the previous game for 20 minutes, what do they do in the next game ? They'll stalk you the whole game forgetting to actually play the game.
And then they will attack the poor innocent people who have nothing to do with their stupidity and these innocent people will not even be able to retaliate without allied fire.
They must be put back as an option

The morons of teamers already kill us for no reason, there we would just have a way to defend ourselves

If you choose to retaliate when someone teams on you, then you end up dealing with the chaos of that choice.

There are a number of alternatives.

1. If you change lobbies you can get away from the teaming offenders. That can be done without implementing friendly fire.

2. You can run the offenders over. I don't encourage that action myself, but people do it. Get the car going before they do, and mow them down. Of course they'll want revenge, so do it at your own risk. No friendly fire needed.

3. Outplay a team of teamers. If it happens enough times, they'll leave on their own. Teamers don't like to lose, anymore than anyone else does.

4. Play Private matches. Make a nice pool of friends from Quick Play, and you'll have more than enough for a Private match.You can enable friendly fire, and have a good time.

20 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

 

Its kind of like adding fuel to the fire because you want to fight fire with fire.. while complaining about getting burned.

Much easier to quit the game instead of allowing the local yocals to throw down in a counselor death match. Again...


Seriously dude.. I've been playing this game since it came out and never had any issues teamers.  If Jason is that BAD that he needs someone to help him, i don't even care.  It would be like a father teaching his kid to ride a bike.

It was worse with friendly fire on and i liked friendly (for what it was meant to be).  Not to 'fight counselors with'.  But because it made fighting Jason more of a challenge.  But it got removed because players kept attacking other players.  

I never had a heavy teaming problem either. It happens to some more than others, but it is manageable.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/4/2020 at 7:34 AM, adam0432 said:

So for you its ok than after 10 minutes jason can not be stunned ?I find this a bit OP but if we managed to have a good team we can handle that i think

he's supposed to be OP clown

  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2020 at 2:12 AM, pioneer67fkd said:

he's supposed to be OP clown

Kido ,

You don't seem to understand the message I wrote, so I'm going to enlighten you since it's the role of adults to help the kidos, what I meant is that no one has requested a rage mode buff.

Maybe it's okay with you that an inexperienced jason player can clean a game up because he can't be stunned after 10 minutes.

You may even agree that playing jason at the present time is anything but difficult, but that doesn't suit me.

Players keep complaining about the rage mode and its boost but the developer doesn't give a damn and keep boosting it. 

Oh and for the record you are the clown ,dumy🤡

 

On 11/10/2020 at 1:16 AM, HuDawg said:

 

It was worse with friendly fire on and i liked friendly (for what it was meant to be). 

 

I also like ally shooting with its advantages and disadvantages

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, adam0432 said:

he can't be stunned after 10 minutes.

It's not 10 minutes if he doesn't take hardly any damage it's 15 minutes been tested.

 

17 hours ago, adam0432 said:

Players keep complaining about the rage mode and its boost but the developer doesn't give a damn and keep boosting it.

They only "boosted" it once and the ones that are complaining are the same ones who cried and moaned that Jason was too OP at game launch that the devs "listened" to them and kept nerfing Jason almost every update either directly or indirectly until he was a pinata.The previous rage mode basically didn't do much other than allow you to get through doors/walls faster.If  those players actually concentrated on working together and getting objectives done the rage buff wouldn't be that much of a factor.Perfect example happened to me just recently and I'm no slouch as Jason.The lobby I had took advantage of Jason's biggest weakness. He can't be at 2 places at the same time.I hate to admit it but this group was good.They managed to tank all my traps get both cars going and while I was trying to stop the 4 seater they pocket knifed the phone trap and got the cops called. Now if every lobby did this Jason doesn't stand much of a chance. I think they were using Discord to communicate which IMO is cheating but..... I'll tell you the biggest indirect Nerf Jason got was allowing objective parts to be shown on the map after they have been found.Makes it way too easy for counselors IMO.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think a good compromise for friendly fire in public lobbies would be that other players can only injure other players; not kill them. That way the injured player can still recover with health spray.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't get these arguments. Rage mode is fine how it is. It's not perfect, but eliminated Battle-Chad squads and shifted the game more towards most players trying to escape as quickly as possible rather than focusing on twenty minute teabag/emote parties. I don't pee my pants whenever I hear Jason go into Rage Mode. All that tells me is to keep my distance and trade in my bat or axe for a weapon that swings quicker. Too be perfectly honest, most Jason's aren't all that good. I don't feel sorry for counselors who think Jason is too OP when they don't bother to complete objectives, waiting around for others to do something, refuse to communicate with their teammates, or waste all their time and resources trying to troll Jason for those first ten minutes or so. Sometimes you do get screwed over by crappy teammates, but that's just part of the game. Newsflash, it should be hard for counselors to survive, Jason's supposed to be an unstoppable killing machine. The Zebras aren't supposed to hunt the Lion.

As far as Friendly Fire goes, hell no. Leave it to Private Matches where it belongs. I understand the frustration... Ran into a few players I would've loved to shoot in the face with my shotgun, but that's the problem... It's the players/trolls who are causing that frustration in the first place that'll be taking advantage of FF 99% of the time. There was a reason it was removed in the first place, and this game might've died a long time ago if they hadn't. Not to mention the risks of misidentification, and the rampant misinterpretation of teaming/cheating with some people. We already have to deal with P2P lag, host quitting, and all the exploits/cheats still around that the last patch either didn't fix or created. Yeah, let's give the trolls the option to start team killing again too... Sounds great.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you can't escape in the first 10 minutes or take the average pub lobby Jason on a 20 minute tour of the camp then Idk what to say... Maybe you should stop blaming the rage buff and start blaming yourselves. Lets be honest here, the rage buff doesn't make you suck as a counselor.

Taking out the rage buff is probably the second dumbest idea I've heard so far. The first obviously being bringing back friendly fire to pubs. 🤦‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 12/22/2020 at 10:41 PM, Somethin Cool said:

If you can't escape in the first 10 minutes or take the average pub lobby Jason on a 20 minute tour of the camp then Idk what to say... Maybe you should stop blaming the rage buff and start blaming yourselves. Lets be honest here, the rage buff doesn't make you suck as a counselor.

Taking out the rage buff is probably the second dumbest idea I've heard so far. The first obviously being bringing back friendly fire to pubs. 🤦‍♀️

It's a moot point for people to be asking for friendly fire to come back, given the final patch has come along.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...