Sign in to follow this  
Carlso

I will miss all of it... [insert sad cat meme]

For some this game is nothing but a dead game that will be forgotten with time. For me, it is not. For most of the people that don't know me, I am really young. When I first played the game I was 14 years old. In my 2017 vacations, I played this game every single day. I used to wake up at 8 AM and played until 23 PM, only stopping to lunch and go to the bathroom (seriously I almost end up having to use glasses because of that lol). So yeah, even though it is just a game, it is a very important thing in my life because the time I spent on it was in that phase that I will probably be remembering every time with nostalgia when I get to 40 years old. I tried to stop before, but I just couldn't the game was too amazing. Knowing that it will be reverted to the unplayable pee to pee dumbshit makes so pissed that I want to jump out of a window.

I was not just in the game that I have good memories though. Although I am relatively new to the forum, I had a really good time here as well, even when discussing the dumbest things (Sneaky is still better than Thick-Skinned in my books, maybe I am a lost cause...).

But well, enough of talking about this. I had good experiences in this game and in this forum thanks to you guys. I really appreciate the cool way I was treated by the member and by the moderators. I will miss all of this. 

Bye.

Jason Voorhees - GIF on Imgur ;-;

• Like 8
  • Sad 2

A few months ago my friends and I were discussing how long we had before they shutdown the dedicated servers. I said we probably had until the launch of the new consoles before the P2P switch because well... The timing just made sense. I was really hopping I'd be wrong. Like you, I'm a long time player of the game who found my way to the forum late, but I've really enjoyed the short time I've spent here. I don't give a shit what kind of crap anyone says about this game, I've enjoyed every minute. It was 82 days of life (according to my xbox stats) very well spent.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

A few months ago my friends and I were discussing how long we had before they shutdown the dedicated servers. I said we probably had until the launch of the new consoles before the P2P switch because well... The timing just made sense. I was really hopping I'd be wrong. Like you, I'm a long time player of the game who found my way to the forum late, but I've really enjoyed the short time I've spent here. I don't give a shit what kind of crap anyone says about this game, I've enjoyed every minute. It was 82 days of life (according to my xbox stats) very well spent.

Exactly I got more than my money’s worth out of this game hours and hours of game time fun friendships and an enormous community of fans who like me love the movies the merchandise The franchise and all its quirks and and the game.

much love goes out to the game the developers and this community!

• Like 1

@Carlso, it's great that you have such fond memories of this game that you will keep with you. Our little community of passionate campers may move on from here, but will always be united in spirit over their love of the game. Best wishes in everything.

9 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The tears are real my friend.....

super sad day.

It is a sad day indeed. I might have to toast a few marshmallows by the lake, after I bury Jason's latest victims.

9 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

All good things come to an end. You are right about the timing.

• Like 3

game isnt gonna die. the forum is.

thats what im relatively saddened about. though its one less site to log into i guess. im in waaaay too many forums as is.

just heard the news as well and I'm with ya man. This game will always leave a huge mark in my life and so will the forums. I went mostly inactive after somewhile but didn't want to abandon it. Welp, guess there is no choice now. Anyways, I hope everyone still has great lasting memories and live a nice life. Probably sounding cheesy now but whatever. Take care everyone. I had a blast with y'all.

Maybe I'll continue to lurk around for the time being but we'll see.

A very close female friend literally just bought this game a few days ago so we could play together. Kinda awkward, but on the plus side, at least P2P will remain...now the problem is finding hosts that won't rage quit like little bitches as soon as you start chasing them.

On 11/3/2020 at 4:40 PM, Carlso said:

(Sneaky is still better than Thick-Skinned in my books, maybe I am a lost cause...)

lol.  And I thank you for putting me on to using Sneaky.   Using only the "Meta" perks gets boring. 

I've always appreciated your perspective on the game and I don't think I ever would have guessed you were that young. 

This forum may die but the loyal players will keep wanting to talk about the game so no doubt most people here will pop up on other forums as well.

• Like 1

I can relate to you.

This was the game that got me out of a bad slump i was in at the time and was always the first game that i started playing online PVP. Made a lot of friends from it and can't begin to explain the countless nights playing this game and having a good time with so many good people. Always wished the game got a better deal then what happened to it, but i'll never forget the fun times i had playing it. I'ts right up there with Telltales The Walking Dead Season 1 for me though. 

This isn't over.  I am trying to gather people for an event on Friday November 13th.  When the event Is over I want to gather as many of us as possbile so that we can keep playing.  Please join me on the 13th and then just don't leave.

https://discord.gg/FEzMPT4

On 11/4/2020 at 7:24 AM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

A very close female friend literally just bought this game a few days ago so we could play together. Kinda awkward, but on the plus side, at least P2P will remain...now the problem is finding hosts that won't rage quit like little bitches as soon as you start chasing them.

People are hopping lobbies until they are the host. That will reduce rage quitting frustration.

6 hours ago, AngliNex said:

This isn't over.  I am trying to gather people for an event on Friday November 13th.  When the event Is over I want to gather as many of us as possbile so that we can keep playing.  Please join me on the 13th and then just don't leave.

https://discord.gg/FEzMPT4

Many groups of players will continue to play on and beyond the 13th. One can never have too many events to inspire and encourage the players.

• Thanks 2

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Many groups of players will continue to play on and beyond the 13th. One can never have too many events to inspire and encourage the players.

But why leave it at that?  If one group of 6 people get together sure they can play but they need everyone to be available but they will always be short two people.  However if 20 groups of 6 people all join into one big group then there are 120 people to pull from to make multiple full lobbies.  I want to provide the place for people to do that.  Because I love the game that much.

Hello everyone, this is my farewell speech. I joined this game 9 months ago. During this time, I made some very good friends in the game. I joined this forum 3 months ago. Yes, I met you a little late, but it was still very nice. I hope the future becomes a means of favor to see everyone. see you in the future :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AngliNex said:

But why leave it at that?  If one group of 6 people get together sure they can play but they need everyone to be available but they will always be short two people.  However if 20 groups of 6 people all join into one big group then there are 120 people to pull from to make multiple full lobbies.  I want to provide the place for people to do that.  Because I love the game that much.

You've put the word out there in multiple threads. There will be those who will partake. I was making reference to the fact that you aren't the only person who has chosen to do that. I've seen similar invitations across the web. Despite the incoming patch, this game will still be played by many for the foreseeable future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Fair Play said:

You've put the word out there in multiple threads. There will be those who will partake. I was making reference to the fact that you aren't the only person who has chosen to do that. I've seen similar invitations across the web. Despite the incoming patch, this game will still be played by many for the foreseeable future.

I'm doing this because I haven't seen anyone doing it.  Also because I want to keep things alive.  Not trying to be a nage but posts tend to get burred under other posts asking if anyone is doing the thing their post is burrying.  Which is equal parts frustrating and kind of funny when you think about it.

For all the flaws it had (that never got fixed and the problems they made worse with changes that didn't need to be changed).. It still top 10 all time for me and easily among the top 5 in games I spent most time playing in 30 plus years.  Its definitely quasi-GOAT material  in gaming.  theres only a very select few of games I played more than this one. 

They did a great job making this game overall.    I hope we get something very similiar to this one just with a different Horror Icon 

2 hours ago, DorianRo said:

For all the flaws it had (that never got fixed and the problems they made worse with changes that didn't need to be changed).. It still top 10 all time for me and easily among the top 5 in games I spent most time playing in 30 plus years.  Its definitely quasi-GOAT material  in gaming.  theres only a very select few of games I played more than this one. 

They did a great job making this game overall.    I hope we get something very similiar to this one just with a different Horror Icon 

There are a lot of creative people out there. We'll see another horror icon in a new game one day.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1