RustInPeace

In regards to reverting back to P2P server setup

7 minutes ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

Is there still going to be Offline Save progression? What happens when the Database servers inevitably get shut down as well? 

He replied on reddit saying not until data servers are going offline, which makes no sense to me. That would require yet another patch. If this is the final one. That would never happen. I'm somehow doubting it gets implemented. 

• Sad 1

the post doesnt clarify it... is the game shutting down completely by november?

11 minutes ago, Mdw22 said:

He replied on reddit saying not until data servers are going offline, which makes no sense to me. That would require yet another patch. If this is the final one. That would never happen. I'm somehow doubting it gets implemented. 

This is Gun media we are talking about remember? have they ever been clear about anything?........... they are piss poor, and will continue to be piss poor,  until the very end, I regret backing this game because they never finished it Jason X and a ton of kills are already done, and could have been put into this game, but that would have taken a little work.... something gun is good at doing.

They are very good at making excuses and blaming others for their failures, I wouldnt give them a penny of my money ever again, this is the 1st time in years they have given a time frame for a patch, usually its "soon" since this a basically a shutdown not a patch, they can leave without even looking at people complain about the usual patch messes you know that you will get, by closing this forum.... its the final FU to the players...... I wouldnt expect anything less.

• Like 2

I’ve been with the game since the beginning. I backed it on KickStarter($60), and I remember back when Adam Sessler was hyping it up, and back when they released the beta on Steam. When the game came out I bought a copy for the PS4 and the Xbox, plus I bought multiple copies for all my friends on both consoles. I stuck with it for the first year but all the good players I met over that time moved on to Dead by Daylight. I couldn’t stick around with all the griefers, teamers, and cheaters. I did recently give it another try a few months ago and my very first match back someone was working with Jason and sabotaging the other players. After that I officially called it quits. I guess if they’re shutting down the forums too this will probably be my last post on here. It’s been an interesting ride but I’m glad it’s over. 👋🏽

57 minutes ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

I’ve been with the game since the beginning. I backed it on KickStarter($60), and I remember back when Adam Sessler was hyping it up, and back when they released the beta on Steam. When the game came out I bought a copy for the PS4 and the Xbox, plus I bought multiple copies for all my friends on both consoles. I stuck with it for the first year but all the good players I met over that time moved on to Dead by Daylight. I couldn’t stick around with all the griefers, teamers, and cheaters. I did recently give it another try a few months ago and my very first match back someone was working with Jason and sabotaging the other players. After that I officially called it quits. I guess if they’re shutting down the forums too this will probably be my last post on here. It’s been an interesting ride but I’m glad it’s over. 👋🏽

I backed the game and opted for the physical copy which didnt come until months after the game was released, as far as all the cheaters, teamers etc... I just changed my strategy to just running people over with cars, its all ive done for the last year, I finished the game 2 years ago, so there was nothing else to do but kill everybody even not as jason.

I will continue to run people over until the game just doesnt work at all, and that will happen sooner than later, Gun knows this,  hence why this forum will be gone,  it doesnt take much to moderate a forum.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mdw22 said:

@mattshotcha any news on offline profile data? Many people asked about this. If this is the last patch it should be implemented right? Otherwise we have 2 Jason's to play as in offline? 

Many people (myself included) are wondering about that. I was also wondering if the option to possess more than 30 perks would ever be possible. Some perks are less useful than others, but some players might appreciate the option to have space for one of each, while working towards the Rare and Legendary ones. With the final patch coming, I'm not getting my hopes up.

6 hours ago, DarkRicochet117 said:

This game had an interesting run. So has the forum.

Best wishes for wherever your gaming journey takes you.

5 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

I backed the game and opted for the physical copy which didnt come until months after the game was released, as far as all the cheaters, teamers etc... I just changed my strategy to just running people over with cars, its all ive done for the last year, I finished the game 2 years ago, so there was nothing else to do but kill everybody even not as jason.

I will continue to run people over until the game just doesnt work at all, and that will happen sooner than later, Gun knows this,  hence why this forum will be gone,  it doesnt take much to moderate a forum.

Out of curiosity, how many people would you say that you've run down?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I hope that with this final patch it will be impossible to modify the "paks" file because the presence of cheaters will be the first causes of disconnection of players.

I still have my suspicions on the state of the game even if content weren't halted basically one year into the game's life. Given what the updates were doing to the game and bugs/exploits and whatnot. I have a feeling this game would still be in this state only with Uber/Grendel/KM, some more silly pointless emotes, a couple more kill packs and a couple more silly themed clothing packs while the servers would be closing up shop near the end of 2020. I'm confident that the game would still be in this kind of state 2 years later. So with that said, the news isn't all that shocking to me. Illfonic couldn't work through their own spaghetti code and Black Tower never really did much better to work through it either.

That said, the memories and best era of the game for me will always be Christmas Beta 2016 and early 2017/early summer launch even with all the launch problems. The playerbase was enthusiastic, the games were thrilling, the game was highly talked about, players were green to the game. Once the enthusiasm died down, the games went from thrilling to routine and then when the players went from green to knowing the ins and outs, bugs and exploits, strongest/meta Jasons and strongest/meta counselors, that sealed it. The game absolutely took a huge nosedive in quality towards the end of 2017. After that, the only thing the game had going for it was more content, since the game itself only continued to have backwards updates, unintentional/intentional nerfs and buffs, etc. Once the content was halted nearly a year later, all the warts of the game and the playerbase were exposed and that pretty much rode us to where we are now with the servers going away.

This was one of the last topics that had a lot of the older members touch back on the game before some of them left and others were banned. A pretty decent sum up of the game. From around 2 years ago.

http://forum.f13game.com/topic/20315-what-were-the-top-5-biggest-successesfailures-of-the-game-now-that-content-is-dead/

• Like 2

@mattshotcha At this late stage of the game, what could we expect for possible support or allowance of community-made mods? Like variations of maps, counselors, weapons, Jason tweaks, etc. Of course I don't mean hacks or cheating but say where all players are aware of the game changes when they get into the match. Such as how Left4Dead 2 has community-made servers that have new types of weapons and such.

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow, they have already stated that they cannot open the game to  mods because they would have to have the approval of the IP holder to do so. At this point in time, that stupid lawsuit is hindering that and everything else. Seems the lawsuit is a more impressive killer than Jason Voorhees.

• Like 2

How about leave the dedicated servers up instead...

There's no reason to shut down the servers. 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow, they have already stated that they cannot open the game to  mods because they would have to have the approval of the IP holder to do so. At this point in time, that stupid lawsuit is hindering that and everything else. Seems the lawsuit is a more impressive killer than Jason Voorhees.

The law suit is a load of crap...

If i was in charge the law suit wouldn't matter. 

19 hours ago, the fox said:

hi will the patch get rid of the rock bug or the slideing glitch or static spam/abduct its super annoying and the pocket knife glitch is the most annoying please patch that 

Sliding and pocket knife, confirmed fixed. For the full list, you'll have to be patient with me for a short while longer while I get the finalized notes together.

19 hours ago, Mdw22 said:

@mattshotcha any news on offline profile data? Many people asked about this. If this is the last patch it should be implemented right? Otherwise we have 2 Jason's to play as in offline? 

19 hours ago, the fox said:

i hope so too my wifi is slow because i live in the country so i was hopeing you could earn cp xp and use the same jason could you also add priv match setting to turn on jason has 2x stuff thanks in offline bots

18 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

Is there still going to be Offline Save progression? What happens when the Database servers inevitably get shut down as well? 

Offline Saves are not being implemented with this patch, because database servers are not being shut down. Those servers are far lower impact to keep up than dedis are. 

17 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

the post doesnt clarify it... is the game shutting down completely by november?

Dedicated servers and patch cycles will end, but the game stays live via peer to peer.

4 hours ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

This.

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

There's a lot of reasons. Not least of which is the fact that dedicated servers are far more expensive on a monthly basis than I think you realize. With no new content possible, there's only so much that can be done to keep that side of things balanced. It's a reality of this business.

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

The law suit is a load of crap...

If i was in charge the law suit wouldn't matter. 

Ok. Care to expand on that profound legal insight?

17 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

This is Gun media we are talking about remember? have they ever been clear about anything?........... they are piss poor, and will continue to be piss poor,  until the very end, I regret backing this game because they never finished it Jason X and a ton of kills are already done, and could have been put into this game, but that would have taken a little work.... something gun is good at doing.

They are very good at making excuses and blaming others for their failures, I wouldnt give them a penny of my money ever again, this is the 1st time in years they have given a time frame for a patch, usually its "soon" since this a basically a shutdown not a patch, they can leave without even looking at people complain about the usual patch messes you know that you will get, by closing this forum.... its the final FU to the players...... I wouldnt expect anything less.

15 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Sliding and pocket knife, confirmed fixed. For the full list, you'll have to be patient with me for a short while longer while I get the finalized notes together.

thanks hope to see the list soon.

15 minutes ago, mattshotcha said:

Offline Saves are not being implemented with this patch, because database servers are not being shut down. Those servers are far lower impact to keep up than dedis are. 

Is there a plan in place for when these servers need to be shut down so we get our saved data?

I know there is a lot of moving parts right now with the End of the line coming..... but eventually when the Data saved servers are shut down I don’t want to lose all the Jason’s and counselors/ unlocks.....this is a must for the End of the line.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

thanks hope to see the list soon.

Is there a plan in place for when these servers need to be shut down so we get our saved data?

I know there is a lot of moving parts right now with the End of the line coming..... but eventually when the Data saved servers are shut down I don’t want to lose all the Jason’s and counselors/ unlocks.....this is a must for the End of the line.

The current plan is to revert to offline saves, but that will only happen if the database servers need to be shutdown, which is pretty far off.

So if this final patch causes more bugs/Glitches/exploits as has been the norm with all previous patches, will there be a final patch to fix the final patch?

• Like 1

I'm actually looking forward to p2p lobbies. It's going to be so nice to be able to quick block in pubs again.

😎

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Anonymous said:

Why are they shutting the servers down?

The expense of the servers is the reason. With no new content coming, the funds to keep them up have come to an end. It was always going to happen one day, and that day has come.

14 hours ago, HuDawg said:

Lack of funds to keep them up is the reason to shut them down.

I did a check on dedicated servers and their costs. I better start saving up now if I ever launch a game of my own one day.

10 hours ago, 82912 said:

what is the point of jasonkillsbugs if there are no more patches?

Good question. It may still be useful, even if we don't see it.

10 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

It's nice too hear someone speak the truth rather than the usual ass kissing ! 

I never noticed much "ass kissing" here. Reddit is a different story...

6 hours ago, PackASnack_Lodge said:

So if this final patch causes more bugs/Glitches/exploits as has been the norm with all previous patches, will there be a final patch to fix the final patch?

That is the thousand dollar question. My guess is probably not. Who knows?

• Like 3