RustInPeace

In regards to reverting back to P2P server setup

@mattshotcha  With the game going back to P2P server setup soon, will we see a return of the salt mines for frequent bad sport conduct like there supposedly was at one point in time?

23 minutes ago, RustInPeace said:

@mattshotcha  With the game going back to P2P server setup soon, will we see a return of the salt mines for frequent bad sport conduct like there supposedly was at one point in time?

The team is exploring the option, but we can't guarantee they'll return just yet.

@mattshotcha do you guys think there would be any way to implement a host migration feature so that the game doesnt immediately kick you out if the host leaves the match?

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Errorz said:

@mattshotcha do you guys think there would be any way to implement a host migration feature so that the game doesnt immediately kick you out if the host leaves the match?

I've asked the team for clarification on this. I know that we have explored the option, but want to get the details right before commenting. Sit tight, though. As soon as I have clarification I will let you know.

Well it was nice while it lasted but now i must say goodbye to this game. Because  there is no way i'm playing this game with p2p servers again being at the mercy of a shitty host with all the glitching and cheating i just can't fathom playing this game with those assholes anymore. To all the good players that played the game right thanks for the fun times i had playing this game and farewell.

• Like 3

@mattshotcha, will the final patch allow us, to visit camp offline as a Counselor? 

or the ability to load into a Private match alone, as Counselor. Bot’s would be more fun though.... even the single player challenges would be cool to see from a different perspective.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@mattshotcha, will the final patch allow us, to visit camp offline as a Counselor? 

or the ability to load into a Private match alone, as Counselor. Bot’s would be more fun though.... even the single player challenges would be cool to see from a different perspective.

Those were unfortunately not in the scope of the last patch. We have some fixes (like the sliding/teleport issue) that we put our remaining time and resources into.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Slasher_Clone said:

Yeah people asked about this for years (even on these forums before the lawsuit) and nothing was ever said about it. It would require hard work and dedication to add a feature like that.

Is a fix finally going to be made for the infinite "Saving Profile" bug when attempting to roll/assign perks?  I recently decided to give the game some time a couple days ago and immediately re-uninstalled it because of this bug alone.

1 hour ago, mattshotcha said:

Those were unfortunately not in the scope of the last patch. We have some fixes (like the sliding/teleport issue) that we put our remaining time and resources into.

will the host be able to turn on friendly fire etc?

26 minutes ago, Sythalin said:

Is a fix finally going to be made for the infinite "Saving Profile" bug when attempting to roll/assign perks?  I recently decided to give the game some time a couple days ago and immediately re-uninstalled it because of this bug alone.

Yes, it is a high priority item and will be corrected for the next patch.

5 minutes ago, the fox said:

will the host be able to turn on friendly fire etc?

No, Quick Play parameters stay as they are. Private Matches do have friendly fire though.

@mattshotcha may I ask why you guys are locking the forums? This community is the last life of the game imo. We also discuss other horror things. I feel like locking it is unnecessary, especially since you guys aren't taking the website down entirely. Why not let us continue to discuss things? I feel like most of the toxic people have long since left or been banned.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I only got on dedicated servers for one day 🤣 so no change for me in the UK  been on p2p for years 🤗 I can't believe you lot are moaning about it when I have never experienced host migration so think yourselves lucky. 

• Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Big Daddy J said:

@mattshotcha may I ask why you guys are locking the forums? This community is the last life of the game imo. We also discuss other horror things. I feel like locking it is unnecessary, especially since you guys aren't taking the website down entirely. Why not let us continue to discuss things? I feel like most of the toxic people have long since left or been banned.

The issue is that we won't be actively monitoring or otherwise handling these forums, so we can't allow things to potentially happen here in "our house" for lack of a better term, without a commitment to users that we'll run the forums as promised in the rules.

Because we "own" these boards, they are our responsibility in a number of ways. So we either have to commit to maintaining them or close them off. 

5 minutes ago, Dragonfire82877 said:

@mattshotcha, any idea of a date when the forums are going to be archived?

Not until after the last patch is in the wild, and the community has had warning. 

The patch is on schedule to release in November, so I think they will be good to shutter in early December.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

:( My forum is still up for anyone who wanna join.

I'm not a fan of Reddit so I may just do that. 

I've only been a member here for maybe a year but I appreciate all of the tips and insight you guys have given.   So if I continue to play the game it will be nice to see some familiar faces on another forum.

2 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I'm not a fan of Reddit so I may just do that. 

I've only been a member here for maybe a year but I appreciate all of the tips and insight you guys have given.   So if I continue to play the game it will be nice to see some familiar faces on another forum.

Oh it's nothing like Reddit it's basically like this forum. 👍🏻

2 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

The issue is that we won't be actively monitoring or otherwise handling these forums, so we can't allow things to potentially happen here in "our house" for lack of a better term, without a commitment to users that we'll run the forums as promised in the rules.

Because we "own" these boards, they are our responsibility in a number of ways. So we either have to commit to maintaining them or close them off. 

Not until after the last patch is in the wild, and the community has had warning. 

The patch is on schedule to release in November, so I think they will be good to shutter in early December.

hi will the patch get rid of the rock bug or the slideing glitch or static spam/abduct its super annoying and the pocket knife glitch is the most annoying please patch that 

@mattshotcha any news on offline profile data? Many people asked about this. If this is the last patch it should be implemented right? Otherwise we have 2 Jason's to play as in offline? 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mdw22 said:

@mattshotcha any news on offline profile data? Many people asked about this. If this is the last patch it should be implemented right? Otherwise we have 2 Jason's to play as in offline? 

i hope so too my wifi is slow because i live in the country so i was hopeing you could earn cp xp and use the same jason could you also add priv match setting to turn on jason has 2x stuff thanks in offline bots

• Like 1