Sign in to follow this  
Ih8teamers

Should the boat make a starting noise?

I say no, i swear the number of jasons that get you in the boat never would get you if it wasn t for the sound.  

it should for part 2, 4 boat should make noise for theses jason because of crappy water speed 

The boat is useless. 

NGL tho, as Jason, forgetting to check the map to chase somebody, and then you realize: booom 2 survivors escaped. That was a crappy mechanic. However, it is even more crap now that it is basically free kill, especially for parts 8 and 7.

To make the boat useful and fun it will need a whole rework; and at this stage of the game, it is absolutely impossible.

I sincerely wouldn't be sad if the boat mechanic was removed from the game since it was crappy and boring since the beginning.

🚣‍♂️ suck my :chadjunk: 

Using a boat or car is supposed to be risky. If you take the starting sound from the boat, then the car would have to lose it too.

While it is hard to escape by boat at times, it is not impossible.

• Like 6

Of course it shouldn't.

As for risk/reward- the car makes noise because you can get out of the car and run away. If the boat gets stopped, you're dead.

• Like 1

the boat is something you have to play smooth. fix it silently, then wait for your oppertunity. watch the map.. if a car starts up or a group is gathered around what seems to be the phone house, make your move. you can also talk to your team to make sure jason is busy with a different objective, or have them tank a trap when youre ready to take off.. something like that.. also, you can start the boat, then jump off & wait a minute to see if jason morphs to you.. thats IF the boat lets you off..

and yes, the boat should make a noise.

On 10/26/2020 at 9:44 PM, Fair Play said:

Using a boat or car is supposed to be risky. If you take the starting sound from the boat, then the car would have to lose it too.

While it is hard to escape by boat at times, it is not impossible.

Nope. The boat was perfectly balanced before by being the stealth escape for only 2 people. If any Jason watched the map, doesn't matter if it's a slow water Jason, a competent player would still get the boat.

NO WAY !  Boat escapes are a joke unless it's a new Jason , and some maps even allow part 4 too catch you . 

Weird thing i never heard the boat turn on during this match & even @7:31 when one of the AJ's decided to book it when i busy i still didn't hear it ... good thing i was checking up on my map once in awhile as these AJ's can pull some sneaky shit & this episode is no exception!

Yes, the sound should be there. It was always supposed to be there, so it was never intended to be an easy stealth escape for high repair/stealth consolers. It inadvertently became that way due to the sound being glitched for so long. I did used to defend the high risk/high reward nature of the boat escape, but I haven't really had a problem with it now that they've fixed the sound. It's rather faint and sometimes can be drowned out if there's a lot of loud background noise, so there's still a chance to get the boat started undetected. Even with the sound back, half the Jason Players still won't even attempt to go after the boat and half the ones that do still can't catch it unless their 7/8 or are smart enough to camp the exit or one of those tight cramped turns.   

• Like 2

i think the solution to most of these "this should be easier" complaints is to change your strategy, rather than change the game.

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Nope. The boat was perfectly balanced before by being the stealth escape for only 2 people. If any Jason watched the map, doesn't matter if it's a slow water Jason, a competent player would still get the boat.

Exactly! 

12 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

the boat is something you have to play smooth. fix it silently, then wait for your oppertunity. watch the map.. if a car starts up or a group is gathered around what seems to be the phone house, make your move. you can also talk to your team to make sure jason is busy with a different objective, or have them tank a trap when youre ready to take off.. something like that.. also, you can start the boat, then jump off & wait a minute to see if jason morphs to you.. thats IF the boat lets you off..

and yes, the boat should make a noise.

Very well put.

11 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Yes, the sound should be there. It was always supposed to be there, so it was never intended to be an easy stealth escape for high repair/stealth consolers. It inadvertently became that way due to the sound being glitched for so long. I did used to defend the high risk/high reward nature of the boat escape, but I haven't really had a problem with it now that they've fixed the sound. It's rather faint and sometimes can be drowned out if there's a lot of loud background noise, so there's still a chance to get the boat started undetected. Even with the sound back, half the Jason Players still won't even attempt to go after the boat and half the ones that do still can't catch it unless their 7/8 or are smart enough to camp the exit or one of those tight cramped turns.   

You make a good point.

10 hours ago, glowing ooze said:

i think the solution to most of these "this should be easier" complaints is to change your strategy, rather than change the game.

Agreed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1