The Wise

Jason's Rage should be altered

48 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Because, as I mentioned already, once Jason is in Rage I find it too easy. I'm not saying what I'm saying from just a counselor player's perspective. I'm saying it from a Jason player's too. I actually prefer playing as the masked man. See previous post below.

It's never going to be a challenge for people that have been playing Jason since the start. most older 150 counselors played at half their levels skill set to begin with. Newer 150s play like old level 20s. It's ridiculous.

Newer Jason's don't know how to deal with kites because nobody has done it for so long. It's a lost art in pubs. They complain because there's 4 pks in a match. If a vehicle gets started it's usually ignored. Objectives go untrapped. And they struggle to wipe lobbies even with the rage buff.

But look at the competition. Most counselors play worse than bots. How are the Jason players supposed to get good if the counselors are never doing anything?

Back in the day everyone was trying to escape. Jason's didn't rage quit because they got their asses kicked. Player's on both sides learned from their mistakes and adapted.

These new players just don't care. They're only playing because it's free and it's relatively easy. If they run into a challenge on either side they'll just quit and find a different lobby.

Unfortunately, the devs have always catered to the super casual players. I seriously doubt that'll change now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

It's never going to be a challenge for people that have been playing Jason since the start. most older 150 counselors played at half their levels skill set to begin with. Newer 150s play like old level 20s. It's ridiculous.

But look at the competition. Most counselors play worse than bots. How are the Jason players supposed to get good if the counselors are never doing anything?

Back in the day everyone was trying to escape. Jason's didn't rage quit because they got their asses kicked. Player's on both sides learned from their mistakes and adapted.

You've pretty much summed up everything right here.¬†ūüĎć

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Newer Jason's don't know how to deal with kites because nobody has done it for so long. It's a lost art in pubs. They complain because there's 4 pks in a match. If a vehicle gets started it's usually ignored. Objectives go untrapped. And they struggle to wipe lobbies even with the rage buff.

These new players just don't care. They're only playing because it's free and it's relatively easy. If they run into a challenge on either side they'll just quit and find a different lobby.

Unfortunately, the devs have always catered to the super casual players. I seriously doubt that'll change now.

Bro, you're preaching to the choir. The floodgates opened for casuals once the game went on PS+/XBL/Steam sale. But as much as I agree with you, you're sort of going off on a tangent because everything I've stated is regarding the simplicity by which Rage was updated and completely hypothetical at this point. But that won't stop me from feeling that Rage mode could have been better implemented so it wasn't a cakewalk for Jason and a death sentence for noobs. Hell, I even said that Jason should get short-term Rage from the get-go to stop Crystal Lake gangs from trying to score an early beatdown, thus forcing players to focus on objectives from the start. Anyway, normally I've stayed away from this particular topic, and the whole "Jason should be an unstoppable beast" thing, because it's such an opinionated area and it seems I am being slightly misconstrued.

Edited by F13 Seppuku Squad
Slightly re-worded for clarity.

Rage is absolutely pointless.

When I play as Jason I don't enter rage.  I seriously don't remember the last time I entered rage as Jason in a straight up serious round. 

When I play as a counselor the majority of the time the lobby has escaped or Jason is dead. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

It's been suggested many times that make Rage strictly based on a time factor not damage factor. If Jason receives minimal to no damage as it is now he doesn't get rage until close to the 15 minute mark. Has anyone ever tested exactly how long it is? I'm pretty sure it's longer than 10 minutes but maybe not quite 15. I believe this would be the happy medium.That way the gangbanging Jason players can have their fun for X amount of time and not get him in rage any faster. It would allow players who actually try and fix things maximum amount of time without the worry of a raging Jason in the first 5 minutes.

1 hour ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It's been suggested many times that make Rage strictly based on a time factor not damage factor. If Jason receives minimal to no damage as it is now he doesn't get rage until close to the 15 minute mark. Has anyone ever tested exactly how long it is? I'm pretty sure it's longer than 10 minutes but maybe not quite 15. I believe this would be the happy medium.That way the gangbanging Jason players can have their fun for X amount of time and not get him in rage any faster. It would allow players who actually try and fix things maximum amount of time without the worry of a raging Jason in the first 5 minutes.

It's 15 minutes if nobody touches him. And no to the rest of that. ūü§¶‚Äć‚ôÄÔłŹ

The whole point is you're being punished for needlessly beating on Jason. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I was playing part 8 with negative sense at Jarvis and there were maybe 4-5 counsellors. They just hid and I couldnt sense them even after spamming sense because the whole map is so large. Then once I hit rage, I had few minutes to kill few Vanessas/Chads as walking Jason. 

Going to post this & be on my way but you guys have waaaaay too much high expectations on players these days like way too high. Seriously you make it sound like casual play is a problem to people with your type of skills when in reality everyone has to start somewhere to both learn & be better or just i dunno, have fun? Like legit fun by laughing, playing for the moment & have a good time. If you want a lobby that meets your criteria then host a private match with your friends or something & play with them if you want a challenge cause in public lobbies you gotta have your expectations low otherwise you'll be disappointed. Based on my experience i have more fun against casuals then your lvl.150 elitist players & yes i'm calling them that now cause the majority of lvl.150's that i've encountered both on the switch & ps4 have used exploits like "Jason tech", talked down on counselors for doing a poor job or "suck" despite being new in general & counselors ... ugh i don't even want to talk about them. Look i'm a lvl.150 on the switch since 2019 & on the ps4 for about 3 months & i still play like a random most of time plus during my run as Jason i never talked down on anyone especially low lvl's or even 150 who play casually cause i know what it's like to be other guy (i never forgotten my roots) but instead i give them advice or be willing to train them to be better & yes you read right i actually offered my help to make them a better Jason but of course no one accepts because they're either afraid of me or i'll be too judgmental? I dunno but bottom-line i play for fun & willing to help a newcomer out instead of expecting more.

Also OP i would consider watching old Friday the 13th game footage from when the game was launched cause if you compare Jason from then to how he is now you'd see how nerfed he is now even with the rage buff.

• Like 3

On 10/25/2020 at 10:22 PM, The Wise said:

Don't know if it would receive any updates in the future but fingers crossed. Thanks for hearing me out.

Any updates we get before the end could make slight adjustments (if any) to the Rage buff. I doubt it will go away completely.

22 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

I feel being able to stun Jason with more objects while in Rage would remove much of the challenge and the suspenseful final stretch it's supposed to be. And as mentioned above, would only encourage players to keep beating on Jason, bullying and tea-bagging him. There's a reason playing like that only pushes him into Rage faster. 

I see your point.

19 hours ago, SteveChristy said:

IMO, what needs to change are the number of do-nothing randos in public matches who literally stand around and wait to die versus hitting objectives and getting things done. 

You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make them drink. Counterproductive players will probably always be a thing.

12 hours ago, Carlso said:

This is actually very hard. I don't find a decent 7 man-party for almost 2 years. 

They are still out there.

11 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

If one doesn't have to adapt, they won't bother to adapt. That's the nature of gaming today.

2 hours ago, celticfrost said:

I was playing part 8 with negative sense at Jarvis and there were maybe 4-5 counsellors. They just hid and I couldnt sense them even after spamming sense because the whole map is so large. Then once I hit rage, I had few minutes to kill few Vanessas/Chads as walking Jason. 

Welcome to the forum.

2 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Going to post this & be on my way but you guys have waaaaay too much high expectations on players these days like way too high. Seriously you make it sound like casual play is a problem to people with your type of skills when in reality everyone has to start somewhere to both learn & be better or just i dunno, have fun? Like legit fun by laughing, playing for the moment & have a good time. If you want a lobby that meets your criteria then host a private match with your friends or something & play with them if you want a challenge cause in public lobbies you gotta have your expectations low otherwise you'll be disappointed. Based on my experience i have more fun against casuals then your lvl.150 elitist players & yes i'm calling them that now cause the majority of lvl.150's that i've encountered both on the switch & ps4 have used exploits like "Jason tech", talked down on counselors for doing a poor job or "suck" despite being new in general & counselors ... ugh i don't even want to talk about them. Look i'm a lvl.150 on the switch since 2019 & on the ps4 for about 3 months & i still play like a random most of time plus during my run as Jason i never talked down on anyone especially low lvl's or even 150 who play cause i know what it's like to be other guy which after a match (i never forgotten my roots) but instead i give them advice or be willing to train them to be better & yes you read right i actually offered my help to make them a better Jason but of course no one accepts because they're either afraid of me or i'll be too judgemental? I dunno but bottom-line i play for fun & willing to help a newcomer out instead of expecting more.

The game needs more humble players.

I agree that having a good time trumps winning or losing.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I believe it's just not as fun to play with the Rage buff. Cannot be stunned while in Rage by melee attacks unless the attack causes your mask to be removed. 

As a Counselor, you are limited to running, hiding, and utilizing bear traps to stun a Rage Jason. This serves as a nerf to high strength Counselors, their use is absent once Jason enters Rage. 

As Jason, Rage feels like playing with cheats on. Breaking through doors and walls is fine, but being able to tank hits sort of takes away from the fun for me. 

This is all subjective of course and I wouldn't be surprised if some people prefer the game the way it currently is, just wanted to share my opinion out there. Don't know if it would receive any updates in the future but fingers crossed. Thanks for hearing me out.

wahmbulance.jpg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

wahmbulance.jpg

I wonder if Roy is behind the wheel of that ambulance......the OP and Roy could have a nice chat about all the things that make them so sad.

• Haha 1

On 10/26/2020 at 11:23 AM, Somethin Cool said:

Give Jason his original grab back and make it like the first days of gameplay and it will become better. The quitter counselors will be weeded out and the remainders will become stronger and better players. 

• Like 2

As Jason, Rage feels like playing with cheats on.

Cheats are on? Jason should be OP. He should be hard to defeat. As a counselor, try to survive, or escape. If hunting parties, push him into rage mode, he should be unstoppable. Defeating Jason, should never be easy. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TimDuke 01 said:

But it is unfortunately.

I agree with you.

14 minutes ago, Redcat345 said:

Give Jason his original grab back and make it like the first days of gameplay

I'd rather have the old combat mechanics where you had instant block and instant slash out of block and meat shielding.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, TimDuke 01 said:

I'd rather have the old combat mechanics where you had instant block and instant slash out of block and meat shielding.

I want that added too, but original grab would force counselors to play as intended,  fixing objectives and trying to escape. The game was supposed to be about Jason and trying to survive, not counselors trolling and humiliating Jason /surviving every time.

• Like 5

why? game is much more intense if you let counsels beat the crap out of you early so you get rage very fast.

if they avoid you after getting the sweater AND tommy is on the scene, then its a cat and mouse game where the chance of you dying increases dramatically.

now they are as dangerous as you are to them.

it truly becomes a better game for both parties. otherwise you just tail someone until stamina runs out and them kill them (by slashing, because pros slash) repeat 7 more times.

1 hour ago, ULTIMA said:

why? game is much more intense if you let counsels beat the crap out of you early so you get rage very fast.

if they avoid you after getting the sweater AND tommy is on the scene, then its a cat and mouse game where the chance of you dying increases dramatically.

now they are as dangerous as you are to them.

Maybe you missed the memo, but counselors aren't supposed to be dangerous to Jason. 

20589afde909e37edd56d81bcb4ec597.jpg

When should a housecat ever be able to legit threaten a lion? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Maybe you missed the memo, but counselors aren't supposed to be dangerous to Jason. 

Idk but the counselors seem pretty dangerous in the last 10 minutes of every single Friday the 13th movie.

52 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

When should a housecat ever be able to legit threaten a lion? 

When they are able to:

- Bury a machete into the lion's shoulder

- Bury an axe into the lion's head

- Rip apart the Lion's head with a propeller

- Dump the baby lion in a toxic sewer

- Repeatedly hack the lion's face with a machete

- Blow the lion to bits with a rocket launcher

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

Idk but the counselors seem pretty dangerous in the last 10 minutes of every single Friday the 13th movie.

When they are able to:

- Bury a machete into the lion's shoulder

- Bury an axe into the lion's head

- Rip apart the Lion's head with a propeller

- Dump the baby lion in a toxic sewer

- Repeatedly hack the lion's face with a machete

- Blow the lion to bits with a rocket launcher

I see no rocket launchers or toxic waste here, the only boat propeller in game isn't a weapon, and the rest of that list shouldn't even be possible without extensive and massive losses to the counselor side. Yes, counselors can and do kill Jason in the movies, but they certainly don't have a high survivability rate nor a dance party when they do, now do they?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

they certainly don't have a high survivability rate nor a dance party when they do, now do they?

Take a look at my profile pic if you don't think there are dance parties in F13 movies.  Their moves might not be a slick as Crispin's but his moves are impossible to duplicate, man.

Not a fan of super rage mode Jason. A better fix would have been to just give him all four of his powers from the jump.

On 10/26/2020 at 3:19 AM, I'm Not a Goalie said:

You realize the object of the game is to escape and not to smack Jason around like he's a pi√Īata right? The rage buff is fine how it is. It accomplished what it was primarily supposed to do, ¬†eliminate¬†Battle-Chad squads with their swift-attacker and sucker punch equipped, so they could run around and troll Jason for twenty minutes to entertain their twelve Twitch followers. The Rage buff also shifted the focus from tea-bagging Jason,¬†back¬†to trying to escape the map as quickly as possible. Speaking from¬†a counselor's perspective, I liked the rage buff. Unless Jason was really good,¬† the game had just gotten too easy. It's not perfect, but at¬†least I become a little bit more concerned now whenever I hear Jason's mother start cackling. The Rage buff would¬†never have been necessary in the first place if Counselor mains hadn't complained so much that the game was too hard because Jason was what he was supposed to be... A nearly unstoppable killing machine.

Couldn't agree more.