HuDawg

Jump Scare Grabs Never Get Old

To me...  A Jump scare grab is when you put yourself in a position to grab a counselor... and grab them as they walk or run by without Jason really moving.  And without counselors even knowing its going to happen.

Sort of like cat hiding, waiting to pounce as a mouse walks by.  Instead of a cat chasing the mouse around the house to pounce on it.

Its rare for it to happen.  Since you need to sort of predict a counselors path.    But everytime i pull one off i love it.. Especially when i hear people freak out and yell/scream on the mic when it happens.   

Last night for the 1st time ever i had a Jason player do it to me.    He must have been waiting for a good 20 seconds  in this one spot for me, grabbed me perfectly as a walked by.  Gave me a good jump. Friend of mine sitting next to me even jumped a bit...lol    And followed it up with a good kill.  

Its shit like this that makes this game still worth playing.  And imo, this is why F13th is the best slasher game ever made.

• Like 3

Agreed.  The Jump Scares while few and far between are absolutely fantastic.  Especially when I am the one screaming like a squeaker.

The one that freaks me out the most is when Jason is chasing me and I run into a cabin, quickly close and lock the door and then turn around to find Jason standing right behind me.   It's like a scene straight out of a horror movie.

• Like 1

Stalk is a wonderful thing... These are absolutely my favorite kills. I try to pull one off whenever possible. It's a rare treat since they require patience and very specific circumstances to pull one off. I savor, and typically record, every one I manage to get. I should probably have twice as many as I do, but half the time some goober always seems to step in the phone fuse trap or the victim has a pocket knife and spoils the fun. The best compliment I ever received in this game was when a max-level messaged me after the match after a stalk kill and said it was the first time he ever screamed out loud playing this game. I haven't had it happen to me yet, but I'll respect the shit out of the first person who does.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I haven't had it happen to me yet, but I'll respect the shit out of the first person who does.

I had that happen to me for the 1st time last night.  Which is why i made this post.

I sent him a message too..   Just told him 'That was classic'.

Wish i would have recorded all the ones i've done through out the years.   

6 hours ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

My favorite is when they're unaware of my presence then they open a door and I'm right there.

oh yes. classic door waiting action. a favorite of mine as well.

@HuDawg im the same way. if jason pulled some real movie jason shit on me, i'll be quick to let them know it was awesome.

53 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

oh yes. classic door waiting action. a favorite of mine as well.

While its hard to resist shifting behind someone as they close the door and grabbing them.  Since its a for sure grab.

I highly recommend shifting past them into a room..(as they close the door).     Let then get comfortable and let them search drawers.  So you can catch them when they are bit more calm and off guard.  

Its a bit more riskier, but its gets a much bigger pop if you can time out a grab just perfectly as they walk by.  

5 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

While its hard to resist shifting behind someone as they close the door and grabbing them.  Since its a for sure grab.

I highly recommend shifting past them into a room..(as they close the door).     Let then get comfortable and let them search drawers.  So you can catch them when they are bit more calm and off guard.  

Its a bit more riskier, but its gets a much bigger pop if you can time out a grab just perfectly as they walk by.  

one of my fav things to do is shift from long distance as savini since he has plus shift activate stak right when im about to shift grab them 

29 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

no what i mean is they are on the other side of a door that im waiting behind. as soon as they open it, BAM jason is in their face! & theyre like OH SHIT!

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, glowing ooze said:

no what i mean is they are on the other side of a door that im waiting behind. as soon as they open it, BAM jason is in their face! & theyre like OH SHIT!

lol... Ya, that shits funny.

2 hours ago, HuDawg said:

lol... Ya, that shits funny.

i like your angle too man. shift in before they close the door.. best one i ever did.. i tried bird bathing this AJ outside of higgens lodge & she kicked out before i could get there.. she ran inside & up the winding stairs.. i shifted into the house, around & up the stairs into one of the top floor bedrooms just as shes closing the door... i of course then missed the easy point blank grab, but got her as i went for my second grab & tossed her ass OUT! couldnt believe i made it up them stairs like that!

• Like 1

Jason players that do this whenever possible are keeping the spirit of what this game is meant to be alive.

• Like 3