hab007GE

Blue Screen Because Jason Gets Butthurt

49 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Jason doesn't need more control over the objective repairs. I say he's better off getting more offense. The trap thing is just fine.
And you don't have to get the 2 knives at the start. That was only put there as an incentive to keep Jason off the objective for a few seconds. It's optional. You could just morph immediately.

Agreed although on my part it's second nature for me to get them knives at the start so I'm a lost cause.

ūüėõ

3 hours ago, Carlso said:

The same people that were against Jason's cheats a while ago seem to be ok with counselor exploits? WTF??

Exactly this. Everyone is ok with it as long as it's justified in their minds. Meanwhile we have another thread on how Jason is weak. ūü§¶‚Äć‚ôÄÔłŹ

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Like I said in that "More fucking rock climbers" thread I made, "exploit" is a VERY loosely defined term. The same people that decry "Side Shifting" as a Jason-exploit see no problem with fucking Jason over with "advanced gameplay"... as some like to call it.

Read back through...

10 hours ago, hab007GE said:

Yes I placed a counselor trap to block the phone..... meanwhile Jason is speed shifting & trying to abduct....

^^the original complaint...

2 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Jason doesn't need more control over the objective repairs. I say he's better off getting more offense. The trap thing is just fine.
And you don't have to get the 2 knives at the start. That was only put there as an incentive to keep Jason off the objective for a few seconds. It's optional. You could just morph immediately.

Spoken like a counselor main.

You could just morph immediately.

How are you going to morph for two objectives at the same time? Choose the fuse, they will trap the car; choose the car, they will trap the fuse. 

The trap thing is just fine

I think people are misunderstanding the base logic of this game.

At the beginning of the game, counselors are at disadvantage; and Jason, as soon as he gains Shift, is in an advantageous position. No objective was repaired, Jason is not being pressured, therefore he can freely pressure survivor by chasing them and be prepared to Morph when people step on his traps. Once the cars are started, the cops are called or the sweater is stolen, the tables flip and now Jason is the one being pressured and counselors are the ones in an advantageous position. 

As Jason, you want to kill counselors as fast as possible. If it is not possible, you'll need to delay the time of repairs by defending the objectives so you have the time to kill them all.

As a counselor, you want to fix things as fast as possible so you can take the control of the situation and pressure Jason by doing multiple objectives.

This is the core balance of this game. Everyone has their time to be on an advantage. Of course, it is not as perfect and mathematic as it sounds, but this is the big picture.

When you perform the trap cheat you basically break the logic of the game because objectives will be done no matter what. Why? Jason can't be everywhere at once, his traps are his viable way of applying map pressure. Without it, experienced counselors will do multiple objectives at once and Jason will have no chance.

If I am not mistaken, trapping objectives as a counselor is prohibited in tournaments, and it is for a reason. 

Trapping objectives is broken, OP and it ruins the fun of this game. As I say for Jasons that use abduction, I say for counselors that use trap cheat "stop fucking up this game". Think by yourself, Jason not being able to trap doesn't make any sense and it doesn't represent what happened in the movies. Please, let people enjoy the game, be nice! This game is already almost dead, don't be that player-drag-away machine.

I just want to have fun, please don't ruin it.

15 minutes ago, Carlso said:

Trapping objectives is broken, OP and it ruins the fun of this game.

Lol if you think I ruin the fun of the game.... should try playing against teamers, trolls, sliders & tournament players

Edit : and people that crash your game 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Carlso said:

If counselors trap the fuse box, Jason can't place traps. Traps can't be placed on other traps.

This is not about trapping Jason, this is about using unintended mechanics to deny his only form of map control, therefore breaking the game.

If a counselor successfully does it, it is pretty much guaranteed that the police will be called and there's nothing Jason can do about it.

This is just like blocking a single door cabin with the car, as mentioned above.

Well said. Devs should make it where Jason can move and use the counselor traps outside. After all, 2009 remake Jason did use one of these beartraps on a counselor and it was Gun's easter egg for that movie since they couldnt get the rights for that film in the game.

11 minutes ago, hab007GE said:

Lol if you think I ruin the fun of the game.... should try playing against teamers, trolls, sliders & tournament players

I don't know why you would have the right to complain that others are ruining your fun if you are ruining the fun of others.

But I agree, these Jason's shit things are dirty. However, that doesn't make counselors' shit things less dirty.

13 minutes ago, hab007GE said:

So cheaters, people that are better than you, cheaters, & people that are better than you. 

Edit: and cheaters

Makes sense. This seems to be everyone's thought process: Don't get good. Just find a lobby where people suck worse than you do. That way you're the troll...

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

So cheaters, people that are better than you, cheaters, & people that are better than you. 

Edit: and cheaters

Makes sense. This seems to be everyone's thought process: Don't get good. Just find a lobby where people suck worse than you do. That way you're the troll...

Even though I back out of low level lobbies and prefer to play higher level Jason's.  Nice logic there, you know me so well

Just now, hab007GE said:

Even though I back out of low level lobbies and prefer to play higher level Jason's.  Nice logic there, you know me so well

I can get you entire teams of tournament players if you'd really like to test your skills.

There's a lot of cherry picking on both sides concerning what's an exploit/cheat and what's a legitimate game tactic. It seems to boil down too, whatever tactics I like to use are legit, and the ones I don't like that others use are cheats. Most arguments for or against are too easy to dispute, thus there's never going to be a consensus. I've personally never had anyone place a bear trap at the fuse box while I was Jason, but maybe that's because I've rarely ever not gone over to the fuse house first thing to trap it ever since I first realized what that phone icon meant. It's definitely a dick move, but there's a lot of dick moves in this game, and all you can do is either let them bother you, or learn to work around it. I'm not in the business of telling other people how to play, mainly because those types of people are the players I dislike the most. A lot of people hate the way I play Jason, so I'd kind of be a hypocrite if I judged anybody else for the way they play short of teaming/rock glitching and all that crap. I don't like this tactic though... But then again, if Jason takes five minutes to get his ass over to the fuse box I don't feel sorry for him either. 

6 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

There's a lot of cherry picking on both sides concerning what's an exploit/cheat and what's a legitimate game tactic. It seems to boil down too, whatever tactics I like to use are legit, and the ones I don't like that others use are cheats. Most arguments for or against are too easy to dispute, thus there's never going to be a consensus. I've personally never had anyone place a bear trap at the fuse box while I was Jason, but maybe that's because I've rarely ever not gone over to the fuse house first thing to trap it ever since I first realized what that phone icon meant. It's definitely a dick move, but there's a lot of dick moves in this game, and all you can do is either let them bother you, or learn to work around it. I'm not in the business of telling other people how to play, mainly because those types of people are the players I dislike the most. A lot of people hate the way I play Jason, so I'd kind of be a hypocrite if I judged anybody else for the way they play short of teaming/rock glitching and all that crap. I don't like this tactic though... But then again, if Jason takes five minutes to get his ass over to the fuse box I don't feel sorry for him either. 

I know this makes me pretty behind-the-times, but I didn't even know until SirMang told me a a few days ago that it's possible to bypass a trapped objective entirely. 

Seriously, who the fuck comes up with this? 

10 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I know this makes me pretty behind-the-times, but I didn't even know until SirMang told me a a few days ago that it's possible to bypass a trapped objective entirely. 

Seriously, who the fuck comes up with this? 

Yeah that's old news. Nobody does it though, so hopefully it stays that way. Just like some of the forgotten map glitches that still work.

17 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Safety triangle is getting a car running and wedging it into someplace like between Pack lodge stairs and the side of the house. Then you get out of the car and stand there the whole match in your "safety triangle" where Jason can't get to you because the car, the stairs, and the side of the lodge are blocking Jason from getting through.

That's some really fucked up geometry.

16 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The chances of the bear trap thing happening before you can teleport to the phone are extremely slim. I mean, just grab the knives and go. If you're really worried then just morph immediately and skip the knives. It's that simple.

Depending on the nature of the lobby, I'll skip the two knives in the shack. It's only on rare occasions.

16 hours ago, Carlso said:

This is just like blocking a single door cabin with the car, as mentioned above.

Thankfully that is in the past.

10 hours ago, Carlso said:

How are you going to morph for two objectives at the same time? Choose  the fuse, they will trap the car; choose the car, they will trap the fuse. In a game like this, it should be about choices on each side. Jason has to choose, and his choices affect the outcome for him, just as the same holds true for the counselors.

I think people are misunderstanding the base logic of this game. Some people do, while others don't.

At the beginning of the game, counselors are at disadvantage; and Jason, as soon as he gains Shift, is in an advantageous position. No objective was repaired, Jason is not being pressured, therefore he can freely pressure survivor by chasing them and be prepared to Morph when people step on his traps. Once the cars are started, the cops are called or the sweater is stolen, the tables flip and now Jason is the one being pressured and counselors are the ones in an advantageous position.  True.

As Jason, you want to kill counselors as fast as possible. If it is not possible, you'll need to delay the time of repairs by defending the objectives so you have the time to kill them all. Also true.

As a counselor, you want to fix things as fast as possible so you can take the control of the situation and pressure Jason by doing multiple objectives. This is true as well.

This is the core balance of this game. Everyone has their time to be on an advantage. Of course, it is not as perfect and mathematic as it sounds, but this is the big picture.

When you perform the trap cheat you basically break the logic of the game because objectives will be done no matter what. Why? Jason can't be everywhere at once, his traps are his viable way of applying map pressure. Without it, experienced counselors will do multiple objectives at once and Jason will have no chance.

Even without denying Jason's trapping, multiple objectives can still be pushed by decent players.

If I am not mistaken, trapping objectives as a counselor is prohibited in tournaments, and it is for a reason.

"Tournament" play and casual play don't seem to follow the same guidelines, and never were meant to do so.

Trapping objectives is broken, OP and it ruins the fun of this game. As I say for Jasons that use abduction, I say for counselors that use trap cheat "stop fucking up this game". Think by yourself, Jason not being able to trap doesn't make any sense and it doesn't represent what happened in the movies. Please, let people enjoy the game, be nice! This game is already almost dead, don't be that player-drag-away machine. While I agree that counselors trapping objectives to stop Jason isn't in the spirit of the movies, there are a number of other things about this game that fall into the same category. It's a video game (first) based on a movie franchise (second). About the only way to put a stop to it would be to remove traps from the game entirely. As the game is near its endpoint, that's not happening.

Most of us playing want to have fun, though some cause misery from their style of "fun"...

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Perhaps not everyone...

9 hours ago, 82912 said:

eh i see it as a challenge to kill then even faster 

I can see it from that perspective.

8 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

You make a good point.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Well I always bypass the 2 knives in the shack and use my 1st morph to what I'm pretty sure is the Tommy power. Counselors putting traps at key objective spots has been there since almost day 1 to block Jason's traps.I know one player who does it every time on the phone box. Yeah you can waste like 2-3 traps around it to prevent them from getting back to it which is your only option really. 

12 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

. I've personally never had anyone place a bear trap at the fuse box while I was Jason

Same.  I don't think in any of the matches I have played as Jason have I encountered a counselor placed trap at an objective.  That's why I had asked about it on this forum a number of months ago.  I wasn't really sure if the trap even did much to prevent Jason from placing his own.  Trapping objectives as a counselor isn't something I have done very often (maybe a dozen times in all the games I played) and tbh it wasn't something I ever thought would be considered a "Dick move" until hearing some of the opinions on this forum.

I still think people are vastly overreacting when they say it "Breaks the game".  But I will agree that it probably falls into the "Being a try-hard" or "Against game etiquette" categories.

3 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Same.  I don't think in any of the matches I have played as Jason have I encountered a counselor placed trap at an objective.  That's why I had asked about it on this forum a number of months ago.  I wasn't really sure if the trap even did much to prevent Jason from placing his own.  Trapping objectives as a counselor isn't something I have done very often (maybe a dozen times in all the games I played) and tbh it wasn't something I ever thought would be considered a "Dick move" until hearing some of the opinions on this forum.

I still think people are vastly overreacting when they say it "Breaks the game".  But I will agree that it probably falls into the "Being a try-hard" or "Against game etiquette" categories.

Actually I encounter this tactic once on the switch back on packacrap small as it was by the boat house & once I activated it a Kenny whom I assume was gonna place more came out of nowhere & started hitting me with a baseball bat! Guess I foiled his plan or something as I managed to place my trap after killing him & resumed the game as normal but yeah just once & never again have I encounter this strategy again. ūüėõ

6 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Yeah,  Game-Breaking is a bit strong. Counselor trapping an objective isn't guaranteeing you a win. I normally hate the 'against the spirit of the game' argument since it's so overused and abused, but this tactic is about as close as you can get without technically cheating, glitching, teaming etc... I'm trying to find something else in the game to compare this too, but I'm having a hard time... I guess it would fall under the, taking advantage of an existing mechanic argument, but even then it's kind of it's own thing. 

Edit: Duh, back when Jason could stack traps was a decent comparison. 

Edited by I'm Not a Goalie

46 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Yeah,  Game-Breaking is a bit strong. Counselor trapping an objective isn't guaranteeing you a win.

Invite your friends to go on a squad and coordinate to trap every single object, then you tell me if you think Jason had any chance.

20 hours ago, Carlso said:

How are you going to morph for two objectives at the same time? Choose the fuse, they will trap the car; choose the car, they will trap the fuse.

Trap the fuse because it's far easier to stop a car after its been repaired. The police is the most important thing to stop.

20 hours ago, Carlso said:

I think people are misunderstanding the base logic of this game.

At the beginning of the game, counselors are at disadvantage; and Jason, as soon as he gains Shift, is in an advantageous position. No objective was repaired, Jason is not being pressured, therefore he can freely pressure survivor by chasing them and be prepared to Morph when people step on his traps. Once the cars are started, the cops are called or the sweater is stolen, the tables flip and now Jason is the one being pressured and counselors are the ones in an advantageous position. 

As Jason, you want to kill counselors as fast as possible. If it is not possible, you'll need to delay the time of repairs by defending the objectives so you have the time to kill them all.

As a counselor, you want to fix things as fast as possible so you can take the control of the situation and pressure Jason by doing multiple objectives.

Trapping objectives is broken, OP and it ruins the fun of this game. As I say for Jasons that use abduction, I say for counselors that use trap cheat "stop fucking up this game". Think by yourself, Jason not being able to trap doesn't make any sense and it doesn't represent what happened in the movies. Please, let people enjoy the game, be nice! This game is already almost dead, don't be that player-drag-away machine.

I'm surprised tournaments even exist for this game.

Counselors need a fair shot at surviving just as much as Jason needs a fair chance to sweep the board. The problems Jason faces is not greatly effected by blocking the phone or car. There are far better ways to buff Jason than making arbitrary no trap zones. Give Jason more knives or change his cooldowns or something. That would make trapping the phone box a non-issue.

4 hours ago, Carlso said:

Invite your friends to go on a squad and coordinate to trap every single object, then you tell me if you think Jason had any chance.

Under that uniquely specific circumstance, yes Jason is probably screwed.¬†ūüėā¬†I can't imagine encountering a pub lobby¬†¬†trying to do this though, like I said earlier, I haven't encountered one player whose tried this on me yet. (Well maybe once at the two-seater now that I think about it. The battery was already in though, so I don't know what the hell that was) If I did, I'd probably just laugh and put them on my list. I appreciate your passion on the subject and that you just want to have fun,¬† but if you read both my other posts you'd see I'm actually on your side here. Just because I don't consider the tactic necessarily game breaking doesn't mean I'm cool with it by any means.

On 10/21/2020 at 12:51 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Trap the fuse because it's far easier to stop a car after its been repaired. The police is the most important thing to stop.

The car isn't even an issue because there are three places Jason could trap; the gas, the battery, and the driver's door. Pretty hard for counselors to counter trap all three.

On 10/21/2020 at 12:36 PM, Carlso said:

The likelihood that doing that can be pulled off with 100% success before Jason can trap at least one objective is astronomically low. Even lower for doing that for consecutive matches. You're over-blowing it.