hab007GE

Blue Screen Because Jason Gets Butthurt

10 minutes ago, RetroJason89 said:

What??? 😕

Apparently people can crash your game because it did happen the next match.   Ps4 is blue screen, xbox will dashboard and PC will get a fatal error 

🤦‍♀️ 

I like how you cover up your name so you don't end up looking just as guilty as honkey. You say "blue screen cause Jason gets butthurt." So I'm assuming you were trapping his phone house as counselor, so that he as Jason, couldn't set traps there. I'm guessing that's about what started all that...

Gtfoh with that BS. Sounds like you know exactly how to blue screen lobbies. What are you bringing that shit to the forums for?

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

🤦‍♀️

I like how you cover up your name so you don't end up looking just as guilty as honkey. You say "blue screen cause Jason gets butthurt." So I'm assuming you were trapping his phone house as counselor, so that he as Jason, couldn't set traps there. I'm guessing that's about what started all that...

Gtfoh with that BS. Sounds like you know exactly how to blue screen lobbies. What are you bringing that shit to the forums for?

I covered my friends name since they messaged them.

Yes I placed a counselor trap to block the phone..... meanwhile Jason is speed shifting & trying to abduct.... but the minute I place a trap down.... I'm the bad guy lol.  It was well over 1 minute into the match and Jason had plenty of time to show up to the phone box. 

And I don't know how to blue screen people.  Thanks for the reminder as to why I hardly visit this circle jerk forum.... aren't you the one that always defends Jason exploits? Lol

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, hab007GE said:

I covered my friends name since they messaged them.

Yes I placed a counselor trap to block the phone..... meanwhile Jason is speed shifting & trying to abduct.... but the minute I place a trap down.... I'm the bad guy lol.  It was well over 1 minute into the match and Jason had plenty of time to show up to the phone box. 

And I don't know how to blue screen people.  Thanks for the reminder as to why I hardly visit this circle jerk forum.... aren't you the one that always defends Jason exploits? Lol

Ahh so now we're nitpicking the definition of exploits again? I'm pretty sure that counselor bear traps were intended to trap Jason, not make it impossible for him to set his own traps. 

I'm not defending what he did but I will point out that it really isn't any different than what you were doing.

Btw I'm pretty sure naming and shaming isn't allowed here...

5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

🤦‍♀️

Dude putting a bear trap in front of the phone box as a counselor is a legit strategy.  You as Jason can trap the phone before the counselors have the opportunity to do that. If you don't teleport to the phone first thing then you don't get to complain when counselors take advantage of that.

IIRC the devs don't consider that to be against the rules.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Dude putting a bear trap in front of the phone box as a counselor is a legit strategy.  You as Jason can trap the phone before the counselors have the opportunity to do that. If you don't teleport to the phone first thing then you don't get to complain when counselors take advantage of that.

IIRC the devs don't consider that to be against the rules.

So safety triangles must be a legit strategy too then. Good to know... the things pub players are ok with and the things they complain about are mind boggling to me.

I guess my major concern with what @hab007GE is saying, is that if he put the trap there before Jason arrived then how did Jason know who to message? And how exactly is he going to "blue screen you EVERYTIME?" Do you guys play together often? Last time I checked you could only do it once. 

6 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

So safety triangles must be a legit strategy too then. Good to know... the things pub players are ok with and the things they complain about are mind boggling to me.

I guess my major concern with what @hab007GE is saying, is that if he put the trap there before Jason arrived then how did Jason know who to message? And how exactly is he going to "blue screen you EVERYTIME?" Do you guys play together often? Last time I checked you could only do it once. 

Perhaps he saw the counselor do it or he just messaged everyone.

What are "safety triangles?"

Trapping the phone box as a counselor is a legit strategy because there is nothing stopping you as Jason from teleporting to the phone first to get there before they can trap it. So if it happens to you, you have only yourself to blame.

Just now, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Perhaps he saw the counselor do it or he just messaged everyone.

What are "safety triangles?"

Trapping the phone box as a counselor is a legit strategy because there is nothing stopping you as Jason from teleporting to the phone first to get there before they can trap it. So if it happens to you, you have only yourself to blame.

Safety triangle is getting a car running and wedging it into someplace like between Pack lodge stairs and the side of the house. Then you get out of the car and stand there the whole match in your "safety triangle" where Jason can't get to you because the car, the stairs, and the side of the lodge are blocking Jason from getting through.

12 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I recorded the match and it was 1 minute 19 seconds by the time I placed my trap, attempted to fix the phone and then set the trap but Jason showed up before I could get a decent repair wheel as Chad. 

Guess there weren't too many Chad's in the lobby so it's not impossible to figure out who is who, considering there are only 7 people in the match.

Never played with that person before, as far as I know.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hab007GE said:

I recorded the match and it was 1 minute 19 seconds by the time I placed my trap, attempted to fix the phone and then set the trap but Jason showed up before I could get a decent repair wheel as Chad. 

Guess there weren't too many Chad's in the lobby so it's not impossible to figure out who is who, considering there are only 7 people in the match.

Never played with that person before, as far as I know.

Wait, he was worried about a Chad calling the cops by himself?   🤣

Did he end up going 1/8 because of the cop call or what? I really don't understand why he would be that upset.

5 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Wait, he was worried about a Chad calling the cops by himself?   🤣

Did he end up going 1/8 because of the cop call or what? I really don't understand why he would be that upset.

2 of 8 and you will have to ask them them why they got all bent out of shape about it.

56 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

Dude putting a bear trap in front of the phone box as a counselor is a legit strategy. 

I did an entire discussion about cheats regarding Jason, but cheats regarding counselors are also not ok. Trapping the phone is basically denying Jason any form of counterplay. 

If somebody spawns next to the phone house it is gg, providing that he wasted time picking the two knives at the shack.

I don't know about this blue screen thing, but I definitively wouldn't blame people for ragequitting when others cheat.

Yes, it is not a glitch, but at the same time it is not intended, it gives you an absurd advantage and at the same time breaks the game. It is cheating in my view.

I don't think people defending it are BaD or ToXiC but dude c'mon play nice, let others have fun 😕

53 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Safety triangle is getting a car running and wedging it into someplace like between Pack lodge stairs and the side of the house. Then you get out of the car and stand there the whole match in your "safety triangle" where Jason can't get to you because the car, the stairs, and the side of the lodge are blocking Jason from getting through.

Throwing knives.

30 minutes ago, Carlso said:

I did an entire discussion about cheats regarding Jason, but cheats regarding counselors are also not ok. Trapping the phone is basically denying Jason any form of counterplay. 

If somebody spawns next to the phone house it is gg, providing that he wasted time picking the two knives at the shack.

I don't know about this blue screen thing, but I definitively wouldn't blame people for ragequitting when others cheat.

Yes, it is not a glitch, but at the same time it is not intended, it gives you an absurd advantage and at the same time breaks the game. It is cheating in my view.

I don't think people defending it are BaD or ToXiC but dude c'mon play nice, let others have fun 😕

I've seen plenty of matches where the cops are called immediately and Jason still sweeps the board.

The chances of the bear trap thing happening before you can teleport to the phone are extremely slim. I mean, just grab the knives and go. If you're really worried then just morph immediately and skip the knives. It's that simple.

Wait.  So a counselor putting a bear trap by a power box is cheating?    Is there a list somewhere of where a counselor can and cannot use a bear trap?   If I place a bear trap at the entrance to a door I am inhibiting Jason from doing the same.  So is that cheating?   Obviously it is not.  And obviously people are being ridiculous when they say this is cheating. 😂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Laotian Lam said:

And obviously people are being ridiculous when they say this is cheating. 😂

If counselors trap the fuse box, Jason can't place traps. Traps can't be placed on other traps.

This is not about trapping Jason, this is about using unintended mechanics to deny his only form of map control, therefore breaking the game.

If a counselor successfully does it, it is pretty much guaranteed that the police will be called and there's nothing Jason can do about it.

This is just like blocking a single door cabin with the car, as mentioned above.

3 minutes ago, Carlso said:

This is not about trapping Jason, this is about using unintended mechanics to deny his only form of map control, therefore breaking the game

If Jason places a trap by the power box and I step in it, he cannot place another one.  Did I break the game by stepping in his trap and denying him the ability to place a new one?  I'm pretty sure that I did not.  

Who knew Jason was such a snowflake. lol

• Like 1

If you are going to make the argument that blocking Jason from trapping an area is wrong then the same has to be said of Jason blocking an area with a trap. This complaint has been brought up before on this forum and nothing was done about it. Nothing is likely ever going to be done about it 3+ years after this game's release.

There use to be an actual exploit where you could easily get the placed trap to float in front of the fusebox, generator or car and block Jason from getting a prompt to hit the object but I believe that got patched out 1-2 years ago.

This topic has been discussed to death over the years with at least 2 muliti page back and forth discussions including a poll where it was 86 to 44 saying it was not an exploit with 23 having no idea what was being discussed.

• Like 1

I think I've had this happen maybe twice since I started playing. The first time was a lobby full of Tiffany's and Buggzy's, + 1 Vanessa and 1 Shelly. The second time I heard someone fuck up the skill check, I just hid inside the bathroom of the phone house and turned on Stalk. Got three of them that way before they got wise.

Is it an "exploit"? Well, if you're going by the strictest sense of the word, then maybe... but then again, if you go to the phone-box at the start, they probably won't have time to do it.

I'm pretty sure the devs never intended for counselors to block traps with other traps. Just saying. Probably wasn't possible back when Jason could stack traps, but when that was patched out it unintentionally created that issue. An exploit? Yes. Cheating? I don't know. 

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The chances of the bear trap thing happening before you can teleport to the phone are extremely slim.

5 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

if you go to the phone-box at the start, they probably won't have time to do it.

Yes, you have. At the beginning of this year, I made some tests. The time Jason takes to pick 2 knives is the time you need to trap the fuse if you spawned next to the fuse house and know where traps usually spawn in the cabin.

I was able to do it consistently every time I spawned in the fuse house.

But it doesn't have to be in the fuse btw. Trapping the car also works. What is Jason supposed to do? Morph quickly on two places at the same time? No counterplay whatsoever.

People saying that using this cheat is ok because Jason is not able to trap his own traps again is just hilarious. You guys are missing completely the points of traps. Injuring people is whatever, what is really good about traps is that they inform you of what counselors are up to; something that gets completely deleted when counselors uses that cheat. 

How is Jason supposed to defend the map with no map control? Why an unintended mechanic that gives an absurd advantage to one side by breaking the game logic should not be considered a cheat? 

I am confused and, honestly, surprised. The same people that were against Jason's cheats a while ago seem to be ok with counselor exploits? WTF??

36 minutes ago, Carlso said:

I am confused and, honestly, surprised. The same people that were against Jason's cheats a while ago seem to be ok with counselor exploits? WTF??

Like I said in that "More fucking rock climbers" thread I made, "exploit" is a VERY loosely defined term. The same people that decry "Side Shifting" as a Jason-exploit see no problem with fucking Jason over with "advanced gameplay"... as some like to call it.

• Like 1

Jason doesn't need more control over the objective repairs. I say he's better off getting more offense. The trap thing is just fine.
And you don't have to get the 2 knives at the start. That was only put there as an incentive to keep Jason off the objective for a few seconds. It's optional. You could just morph immediately.

• Like 1