xXAXONXx

jason needs a buff right now!

On 10/17/2020 at 4:28 PM, HuDawg said:

Only clowns would prefer speed and efficiency in a non competitive, casual party game based on Friday the 13th. 

If you can't get the job done and look good while doing it.  You ain't a no 'professional'...   You're just being a Try Hard because you can't cut the mustard.

Egotistical crap. Jason cuts a motherf*****r in the movies with any tool he can. It aint about looking good, its about killing those that step into his woods.

• Confused 1

This has been an interesting argument. I can see merit on both sides. One trend I've noticed from high-level players, strictly in public lobbies, is that a lot of them don't appear to know there's a difference between as good as them and absolute trash. There are plenty of layers in-between. Simply telling casual or average players to git gud isn't helping anyone. All the strategy guides and Youtube tutorials in the world aren't going to mean squat when you're up against a high-tier counselor with 1000+ hours of experience. That doesn't mean you get butthurt if somebody shows you up, learn from it and adapt. This logic an be applied to the mask buff. For high-tier players and talented Kill Squads, no, the mask buff hasn't made killing Jason any more difficult. You just might need an extra axe or machete to get the job done. For everybody else, the experience is likely quite different. 

When I talk about Jason being too easy to kill, I'm speaking purely from a counselor's perspective. I want Jason to be more difficult to kill. It's much more satisfying when you have to earn it. The mask buff has helped a bit, but not enough. The hardest part of killing Jason shouldn't be whether or not you get a dipshit or indifferent Tommy. The plan to kill Jason should never hinge on the fact that killing Jason appears to be the easiest method to win the match. This happened to my friends and I last night, up against a 150 Savini and we all got randod into dumb characters, so we decided killing him was probably our best option... And we did, which brings up another point. A three person squad probably shouldn't be able to completely make a max-level Savini their bitch. Worth it though, that bitch was probably the second most salty/toxic person I've ever encountered in this game.

All in all though, the last two major Jason buffs have evened out the playing field for most of the player base. Rage mode created more of an emphasis on escaping and completing objectives, and all but eliminated Battle-Chad squads from the game. Don't think anybody's complaining about that except for troll Twitch streamers but who gives a fuck about them? I've noticed that since the mask buff, a lot of the player base on Xbox are a lot more reluctant to go for the kill. I used to have very little issue finding people to cooperate with, and now I've had to change the way I play when running solo almost completely. Of course, that's just my experience. Saying the mask buff hasn't had any impact on the game isn't quite accurate. The real debate is how much. 

• Like 2

On 10/19/2020 at 5:09 AM, Mayday said:

I find it a shame that Jason can hit and hurt the counselors behind the doors when they barricade them. A nerf of that would be appreciable

Wrong, an axe or weapon coming through a hole made in the door on first hit should still hurt a counselor,  no more Jason nerfs.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

If so, just move on to a new lobby when the match ends.  No big deal

How exactly does this help you get better?

1 hour ago, Redcat345 said:

Egotistical crap. Jason cuts a motherf*****r in the movies with any tool he can. It aint about looking good, its about killing those that step into his woods.

Ooooh please.  Its all about ego.. always was.   Jason toys with his kills when he can.  He savors the moment.     

For example...  In this clip.   He didn't have to do that with the Corksrew.  But he did.   

And he didn't have to hit that car.  But he did....

14 minutes ago, HuDawg said:

Ooooh please.  Its all about ego.. always was.   Jason toys with his kills when he can.  He savors the moment.     

I think this is more about the directors making badass scenes so the movie can sell well than it is about Jason's personality.

But either way, I agree that the kills on the movies are cool af and that the real objective of the game is to perform the same. A boring Jason is a fakeass Jason.

For all the different types of players out there, and all the play style mindsets, no amount of buffs, needs of adjustments will ever make everyone happy. It's really moot at this stage of the game's lifespan. Any changes made before support is abandoned will hopefully make the game the best it can be. If not, then it is what it is.

• Like 1

Lol. Posts like this are the exact reason Jason kept getting unneeded buffs.

You face a premade of 7 people, and they rolled you, so you ask for Jason buffs? How about being smarter than them. If they were a "fool brazil complete troll team" (racist to say that, by the way), then you should have no problems with outsmarting a group of "fools". I think the fool was you if you couldn't handle it.

And besides, the game is meant for Counselors to work together. So you're literally asking for Jason buffs because people played the game properly.

And also, if the devs didn't want us to "troll" then they would disable dancing. It was literally put in to trigger Jason players. Looks like it's working :)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sogreth said:

Lol. Posts like this are the exact reason Jason kept getting unneeded buffs.

You face a premade of 7 people, and they rolled you, so you ask for Jason buffs? How about being smarter than them. If they were a "fool brazil complete troll team" (racist to say that, by the way), then you should have no problems with outsmarting a group of "fools". I think the fool was you if you couldn't handle it.

And besides, the game is meant for Counselors to work together. So you're literally asking for Jason buffs because people played the game properly.

And also, if the devs didn't want us to "troll" then they would disable dancing. It was literally put in to trigger Jason players. Looks like it's working :)

Well, for us that have been around from the start of this game.  It was Counselor mains that cried and asked for Jason nerfs/Counselor buff.. 

And the devs, nerfed Jason/buffed counselors to the point that it made it too easy to attack and kill Jason.. and made the game easier for counselors.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HuDawg said:

And the devs, nerfed Jason/buffed counselors to the point that it made it too easy to attack and kill Jason.. and made the game easier for counselors.

Amen brother! Sogreth doesn't want to hear the truth. He's always complaining on the Steam discussion board.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sogreth said:

So you're literally asking for Jason buffs because people played the game properly.

FYI most of these "Brazilian troll teams" use cheats such as teleporting, spray canceling, infinite PK, etc...

If you want to beat them you either cheat back or quit.

I don't think the first option is really worth it if you don't want to lose your sanity... These guys don't even care if they lose. They just want to laugh at you trying.