xXAXONXx

jason needs a buff right now!

Maybe a damage increase in slashing on non weapon strength Jason's? Cause if they increase the damage on those with +Weapon strength can be considered "Broken" to some or fair as alot players run Thick skin & medic.

Bugzy should take the mask off in at most 8 hits. Less than that and Jason would be still easy to kill.

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

Bugzy should take the mask off in at most 8 hits. Less than that and Jason would be still easy to kill.

That's way too many hit points...

1 minute ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yesterday I was playing Lachappa, I and a Vanessa could easily demakJason. It took less than 1min and both of us had obviously low strength. If it was 2 Bugzys it would take less than 30 seconds. There's definitely counterplay against kill squads, but Jason is still slightly disadvantaged.

Killing Jason should be something extremely difficult that only 7 man sweaty tryhards are maybe able to pull off, after all it is Jason's game.

58 minutes ago, Carlso said:

Yesterday I was playing Lachappa, I and a Vanessa could easily demakJason. It took less than 1min and both of us had obviously low strength. If it was 2 Bugzys it would take less than 30 seconds. There's definitely counterplay against kill squads, but Jason is still slightly disadvantaged.

Killing Jason should be something extremely difficult that only 7 man sweaty tryhards are maybe able to pull off, after all it is Jason's game.

How much damage did he take before that though? One Buggzy could break two weapons and still not get the mask with the new rng. How many times are you guys getting hit in a match?

1 hour ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

Off-topic. But pretty sure I played with you last night. Poor Roy was chasing three Vanessa's up and down the road lol. 

Pack large and we escaped to the cops, right? Were you a Nessa or the Roy?

5 hours ago, Mayday said:

In addition, you take care to take the sweater in the house of Jason just before you disconnect.

Wow. IF that is true, it's totally not cool and toxic to the highest degree. Worse than rock-glitch exploiters tbh... I can only assume there is a logical reason for doing so.

5 hours ago, Mayday said:

To get back to the subject, I find it a shame that Jason can hit and hurt the counselors behind the doors when they barricade them. A nerf of that would be appreciable

q0W4FfK.gif

Nerfing Jason is what fucked everything up in the first place.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I will always maintain that all the power boxes should be broken to start the match. This way Tommy is not called in the first 10 seconds and the counselors earn Tommy coming back, versus nearly having it handed to them. Apart from those who study where to morph first.

1 hour ago, imthatdamngood33 said:

I will always maintain that all the power boxes should be broken to start the match. This way Tommy is not called in the first 10 seconds and the counselors earn Tommy coming back, versus nearly having it handed to them. Apart from those who study where to morph first.

While that would seem like a good, simple solution on the surface it would actually have a big impact on the game.  Having all of the power out at the start of the match would mean counselor's fear level would start to increase the moment the match starts.   It would make a lot more things more difficult than just calling Tommy Jarvis and would probably tilt the game too far in Jason's favour.

8 hours ago, Carlso said:

It's not that far off really. I used Bugzy up against a part 5 a while back and it took four hits from a machete and three with an axe to get his mask off. That was regular swings, no heavy attacks or offensive perks.  I didn't see him take any other damage, but of course you can never really tell in a Pub Lobby. 

3 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

While that would seem like a good, simple solution on the surface it would actually have a big impact on the game.  Having all of the power out at the start of the match would mean counselor's fear level would start to increase the moment the match starts.   It would make a lot more things more difficult than just calling Tommy Jarvis and would probably tilt the game too far in Jason's favour.

At the beginning of every match the counselors all witness a brutal murder. Should they really start the match with no fear?

9 hours ago, Carlso said:

1 million % agree. AMEN

6 hours ago, imthatdamngood33 said:

This idea is ok but mine kind of the same idea only let Jason see the Tommy tower on his map so he can knock that one out first morph. That way it doesn't affect the fear to extent of having them all out would. Still think that is a viable solution but it falls on deaf ears.   MayDay a lot of accusations you make when I don't even see you in my lobbies and you are treading thin ice as far as naming and shaming and as far as the doors go, don't be near the door when he's bashing it in.

58 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

At the beginning of every match the counselors all witness a brutal murder. Should they really start the match with no fear?

Yes because you start the match 5 minutes later.

2 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

It's not that far off really. I used Bugzy up against a part 5 a while back and it took four hits from a machete and three with an axe to get his mask off. That was regular swings, no heavy attacks or offensive perks.  I didn't see him take any other damage, but of course you can never really tell in a Pub Lobby. 

I don't play with Bugzy that much, but as long as a Lachappa and a Vanessa can consistently and easily demask an average Jason, something is clearly not right.

59 minutes ago, Carlso said:

Yes because you start the match 5 minutes later.

Right, so you'd be perfectly fine 5 minutes after witnessing a brutal murder...

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

Right, so you'd be perfectly fine 5 minutes after witnessing a brutal murder...

Bruh... the first sentence they say: "omg I got to get out of here". 

"Perfectly fine"...

• Like 1

My question is: at what point can we stop saying Jason needs a buff, and start saying inexperienced player needs to learn how to play Jason? Right now we're at the point where a Deborah can barely get a demask if she uses every weapon on the map...

I feel really bad for anyone that has trouble playing Jason in public lobbies, unless you're playing in AP servers. US and CA servers are a cake walk 99.99% of the time. The few times I've played in EU or SA severs it was about the same, minus the yellow ping.

Is it possible to lose the mask? Yes. Is it relatively easy to keep the mask if you know what you're doing and keep calm through the match? Yes. What part of that isn't balanced?

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

My question is: at what point can we stop saying Jason needs a buff, and start saying inexperienced player needs to learn how to play Jason?

I think for the most part that about sums up the issue.  I'm not saying that is the case with the OP but certainly a lot of the complaints  come from Jasons who were simply outplayed by a more skilled and organized team of counselors.  It doesn't matter what buffs they give Jason.  If the counselors are better at the game than the person playing Jason then it is probably going to be a rough match for Jason.  It doesn't mean the game is broken.

@Laotian Lam @Somethin Cool

I still think Jason is slightly disadvantaged. But even if he wasn't, as I say here:

22 hours ago, Carlso said:

The point is: not making Jason balanced at all. I want Jason to be almost unkillable.

I want to feel proud of killing Jason and not feel like "wow I just killed Jason for the 288814814810th time yay"

The best and most viable option for counselors should be always to run for their lives. The killing thing should not be just another objective to win the game, it should be an actual accomplishment.

3 hours ago, Carlso said:

@Laotian Lam @Somethin Cool

I still think Jason is slightly disadvantaged. But even if he wasn't, as I say here:

The point is: not making Jason balanced at all. I want Jason to be almost unkillable.

I want to feel proud of killing Jason and not feel like "wow I just killed Jason for the 288814814810th time yay"

The best and most viable option for counselors should be always to run for their lives. The killing thing should not be just another objective to win the game, it should be an actual accomplishment.

Its too late now i think to do anything.   But you're right.   This game is is way more enjoyable when counselors run.. not fight.

I haven't killed Jason in over a year, because its just not fun for me...   I want to play Cat vs Mouse not Mouse vs Cat.

This also lead me to be a huge asshole as Jason when dealing with try hard Jason killers.  I've never been killed as Jason, and my only goal against try hard Jason killers is to annoy them.. not kill them.  Just drag it on, make them run in circles, make them send me messages crying about it.    

Last time i got a hate msg was a few weeks ago.  About 10 of them in a row from some whiner.  My only response was.  "Remember my Gamer Tag"    And hopefully he does.  Because trying to kill me when im Jason, is a waste of time.  

• Like 1

TBH, when playing in Pub lobbies I do find the game to be pretty well balanced.  You get a good mix of new players, vet players and pro players.  Sure, sometimes you may have a high-skill Kill Squad that makes Jason life miserable.  And sometimes you may have high-skilled Jasons who suck the fun out of being a counselor and running for you life.  If so, just move on to a new lobby when the match ends.  No big deal. 

Played for a while couple of nights ago, managed to get a good string of games and there was this 3 man kill team that mopped up Jason, after Jason, after Jason. However it all changed in an instant when a better Jason came into the lobby and killed everyone in there effortlessly.

Which I have to say I quite like about F13, it is a decent mix. You escape within 5 minutes, survive the night, by the boat then your murdered. One way or the other wouldn't be much fun imo.*

*unless you adore a constant cakewalk or a steep, steep, vertical learning curve.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2020 at 3:54 AM, Carlso said:

On 10/19/2020 at 5:22 AM, Somethin Cool said:

Agreeing with @Somethin Cool.  The mask buff from the last patch addressed 2-3 hit demasks.