Sign in to follow this  
Xxhotxwheelsxx

What could the next game be?

I love what you all have done with this property. This game was and still amazing and awesome. Yes, people point out flaws and things that could be better. (insert scared face image) But that is what made these movies awesome. I love the campy feelings and, fear these movies have. You have put in so much work in this and passion its crazy. You have captured every Friday movie. I would love to see what you guys come up with next. My suggestion would be to branch out to other beloved horror icons. You would be amazing if you did a Childs play game and also Halloween. I know licensing is an issue but, you guys are the only ones I would pre order for or back for those games. I did not know bout the backing until it was released or I would have. I know I know its a pipe dream but, one can hold out hope. Thank you guys for making one of the best games with one of the best movies I grew up with. You guys are great and cant wait to see the next project. Now what do all of the fans think of my suggestion.   

• Like 1

Sorry man, I missed your topic and must not have scrolled far enough to see it over the last few months. I guess I’m going to miss the luxury of coming here soon..... so I wanted to respond more completely to your thread then a hello or welcome.

Not sure where to start.... Halloween.... Child’s play....

Lets get Child’s play sorted first..... I would like a Chucky game, don’t get me wrong, it isn’t lack of interest that makes me doubtful. It’s simply the split in the property, I could see a remake Chucky game but don’t think Don and original Chucky are looking to license. I haven’t seen the remake, I’m a bit of a loyalist, I will watch it eventually, just not a fan of it being done while he’s still doing his T.V. show. I don’t think the remake was popular enough to warrant a game. 
I think what would excite me is Gun working with Fireblitz games on Charlie the Legend. It’s due out next year and features a demonically possessed doll, very similar but not the same as Child’s Play. I’m very much looking forward to this game as it was inspired by Friday. 

Halloween... this is the ideal property for Gun to tackle next. They need a very solid dev/programmer team. Michael bring his own unique challenges, Haddonfield field too. Being in a suburb means lots of obstacles, fences, bushes and pathing challenges, it creates opportunities for ambushes. You can’t as easily have it play it out like Friday does, the final reel is basically just Michael and Laurie, running around one house. I would like a slightly more lively neighbourhood, even go so far as to include bots who have simple pathing around their own houses, doing chores, watching tv. I’d like the characters who are played to be like common tropes, babysitters, boyfriends, the best friends and a few older tricker treaters. These victim characters should need to preform tasks around their spawns, earning escape routes, or earning points that can be spent on makeshift weapons/traps, even uncovering hiding places. 

Michael needs to be even more of a ghost than Jason with Stalk active, and he needs Stalk or something like it from the get go. I can’t see Shift or Morph being Michael tricks, maybe pushing through bushes to vanish or appear. Michael is going to need some help, in the form of video game powers but hopefully they won’t break the illusion to much. 
Maybe Michael can see which room they’re in and have a sense of the layout of buildings with his hud. Possibly even which direction they are looking. Using things like t.v.’s, radios, hairdryers as distractions to deaden this ability might give some counter play but also make hearing his footsteps incredibly difficult. 

I’m hoping Gun has landed a deal to work on another big property, I’d love to see what they do with a Halloween game and then I’d love for them to build off of it and try their hand at Scream, TMC, Nightmare or Child’s Play. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 9:06 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I can’t see Shift or Morph being Michael tricks, maybe pushing through bushes to vanish or appear. Michael is going to need some help, in the form of video game powers but hopefully they won’t break the illusion to much. 

Maybe Michael can see which room they’re in and have a sense of the layout of buildings with his hud. Possibly even which direction they are looking. Using things like t.v.’s, radios, hairdryers as distractions to deaden this ability might give some counter play but also make hearing his footsteps incredibly difficult. 

I'm curious. Why wouldn't you think that Shift or Morph wouldn't work for Micheal? I mean if we are counting all the Halloween movies then Michael and Jason get around fairly fast in the same exact way. If anything I think longer timers on them would be needed. Micheal is known for jump scares much more then Jason so we'd need him designed in a way that would allow the killer to emulate that. Some sort of invisibility skill would be needed as Michael is known for coming out of closets and out from underneath beds and appearing right behind you when you when you least expect it. lol They'd really need to be on point in order to pull Michael off mate. lol😎

@KOOLLAYDTAC, Michael drives a car to get around fast. I don’t see Michael using Shift or Morph that doesn’t mean he won’t end up doing either of those things. I’d rather have them expand him in his own unique way rather than copying Jason.

I’d be very happy if they allowed Michael to hide and ambush kill the other players, it makes sense for the character. It needs to be a game about Prep and prediction rather than a rubber band chase. 

8 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Better be Halloween!!!!

Hopefully someone will put Halloween on the market.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@KOOLLAYDTAC, Michael drives a car to get around fast. I don’t see Michael using Shift or Morph that doesn’t mean he won’t end up doing either of those things. I’d rather have them expand him in his own unique way rather than copying Jason.

I’d be very happy if they allowed Michael to hide and ambush kill the other players, it makes sense for the character. It needs to be a game about Prep and prediction rather than a rubber band chase. 

I agree on the ambush and preparation mechanics.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

NO. Both Myers and Voorhees should have the same shift and stalk mechanichs in the game.

@Strigoi, I just think there would be better ways to make Michael his own character. I do think Michael needs something like Stalk but the other powers could be things that more suit Michael. 

Besides it isn’t like there going to base there idea off my post, if they’re working on a Halloween game they likely have been working on it a while. 

I'd love to see a game based off the Halloween license! I don't think it really needs to follow that closely to the Friday formula though. For one, I feel like a Halloween game should feel a lot more claustrophobic as opposed to the wide open maps from Friday. Jason has always been that, get these horny teenagers off my lawn type of killer. Michael's the type of guy who'll come visit you at your house if he feels like.  

What I wouldn’t give for a hint about Guns next project. I need something to think about, not much going on in the world of asymmetrical horror till next summer (Indie game, Charlie the Legend) and I’d love to contribute to whatever is coming. 

Halloween has lots of potential, so do Scream, TCM and Child’s Play. The other horror franchises could work but aren’t going to have the same pull as these ones, Friday was such a massive success because it had a built in audience. That’s audience is most attached to 80/90’s franchise horror. If Gun is building up a smaller IP, or one with a smaller fan base it could still be as successful as Friday but it will be harder. Whatever they’re working on, I can’t wait.... Do us proud Gun.  

• Like 1

On 12/3/2020 at 7:17 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

Don’t know what the next game is but Wes is posting mocap for it. 

Thanks for sharing the video man!

• Like 1

Wish I could be excited, but given what happened here. Its hard to be.

I could see the same thing playing out if its Halloween.

1. Big kickstarter

2. Game comes out in 2023

3. Robot Android from Halloween 3 as kickstarter exclusive with all the best powers...hence he's called pay to win...course, this is discovered post launch

4. Kickstarter clothing pack

5. Christmas 2022 Beta featuring Halloween 1 Myers, Halloween 2 Myers and Rob Zombie's H1 Myers as playable as well as 4 or 5 babysitters

6. Game gets delayed until a summer release

7. Game starts off with a sluggish launch but does well to pay homage to the Halloween franchise

8. Casuals and trolls start complaining about Myers being too strong, hence he's intentionally and unintentionally nerfed all throughout 2023, making the playerbase leave in droves

9. Many bugs and glitches never get patched over the fall of 2023

10. Casuals and trolls complain about the size of the maps, hence they release Haddonfield Small, Hospital Small and Silver Shamrock Small over the fall as 'DLC'

11. Halloween 4 Myers and an aged up Jamie Lloyd as DLC combined with a Halloween 4 themed map for Xmas 2023

12. Laurie is the hero character, but hackers datamine the game to discover that Loomis will be a new hero character in a future DLC map planned for 2024

13. Halloween 2018 Myers and a Haddonfield 2018 map for DLC come out in spring 2024 along with a Laurie 2018 skin alternate for the hero character

14. Playerbase in 2024 starts to dwindle very low due to lack of bugfixing and playtesting, Gun decides to pull the plug on the game citing cost, but without saying the reason which we all know...the playerbase leaving

Poof, Halloween the game dies around a year after its release, no different than F13.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, tyrant666 said:

Wish I could be excited, but given what happened here. Its hard to be.

I could see the same thing playing out if its Halloween.

1. Big kickstarter

2. Game comes out in 2023

3. Robot Android from Halloween 3 as kickstarter exclusive with all the best powers...hence he's called pay to win...course, this is discovered post launch

4. Kickstarter clothing pack

5. Christmas 2022 Beta featuring Halloween 1 Myers, Halloween 2 Myers and Rob Zombie's H1 Myers as playable as well as 4 or 5 babysitters

6. Game gets delayed until a summer release

7. Game starts off with a sluggish launch but does well to pay homage to the Halloween franchise

8. Casuals and trolls start complaining about Myers being too strong, hence he's intentionally and unintentionally nerfed all throughout 2023, making the playerbase leave in droves

9. Many bugs and glitches never get patched over the fall of 2023

10. Casuals and trolls complain about the size of the maps, hence they release Haddonfield Small, Hospital Small and Silver Shamrock Small over the fall as 'DLC'

11. Halloween 4 Myers and an aged up Jamie Lloyd as DLC combined with a Halloween 4 themed map for Xmas 2023

12. Laurie is the hero character, but hackers datamine the game to discover that Loomis will be a new hero character in a future DLC map planned for 2024

13. Halloween 2018 Myers and a Haddonfield 2018 map for DLC come out in spring 2024 along with a Laurie 2018 skin alternate for the hero character

14. Playerbase in 2024 starts to dwindle very low due to lack of bugfixing and playtesting, Gun decides to pull the plug on the game citing cost, but without saying the reason which we all know...the playerbase leaving

Poof, Halloween the game dies around a year after its release, no different than F13.

No need to be so negative bro....

Pretty sure they've previously stated their next game wouldn't be crowd funded.

Let's all hope that if it's a licensed game that there are no rights issues coming up in the next few years.

18 hours ago, Ralph Voorhees said:

Pretty sure they've previously stated their next game wouldn't be crowd funded.

Let's all hope that if it's a licensed game that there are no rights issues coming up in the next few years.

I think I recall the same.

Let's hope whatever their next game is, steps are taken not to make some of the same mistakes.

• Like 1

There are many great horror films out there with fanbases however small that could make ideal settings for a new game. How about Jeepers Creepers? The game mechanics would work very similar to F13. They could be making something entirely of their own creation and copyright.

What I think most people want is a horror game similar to F13 for console and PC. I should say the majority want online and an offline option 3d game. I like the third person aspect of F13, but I guess some of us would prefer 1st person or just the ability to switch between the two. What I think we can all agree on is that gun gave us a very diverse group of counsellors featuring all the tropes that the community wanted. The next game must have the same variety of character choices, the Chad, the mean girl, the sporty one, the nerd, female and male etc etc. What would have made F13 more interesting would to have had an environment that felt more real in which you had more choices to interact with the environment. Pick more objects up and set off more effects. That fire extinguisher on the wall could have been a one use weapon to stun Jason or knock him down a minute. Those oil lamps dotted around the cabins could have been lit when the power goes off to avoid negatives effects. Hell, the oil lamps could have been lit, held as a light source and then thrown as a Molotov cocktail! 

It was outside Guns control but the lawsuit stopped the flow of creation to make them game better and more interesting. DLC isn't always needed or wanted, but I would think there are many people out there who would have wanted more clothing packs to make their characters feel more individual and to jazz the game experience up. Some of the clothing options were quite limited and I hope the next game has more customisation. Going back to the theme of more interaction, I would like to see more of this in another game even if its to move that chair and slide that old cabinet to temporarily block that door of window from whoever or whatever is trying to kill me. Extra realism would be great too, we get those great Chad faces when the characters are scared, how about seeing the guys and girls tremble and cower when they are petrified? Maybe even have console controllers vibrate when they their person is scared or intermittently to mirror the heavy breathing of someone nervous or out of stamina? 

It would be interesting to also see what if any vehicles would feature in a new game. The car was ok but clunky and those damn trees and fences made it hard work to enjoy an escape without following the same paths. Lets hope transport is a smoother ride in a new game, that's not to say it should be easy. Perhaps there should be boggy areas to avoid unless you want to get stuck. It would also be funnier too to see someone slip over or get stuck in a boggy puddle and how they have to scramble out of their predicament looking like a mud man. I hope I haven't been rambling like a madman too long!

The absolute musts must be to have a theme that won't get blocked or delay development, have dedicated servers, provide a wide range of characters with different stats and clothing, mixture of diverse maps large and small, and don't make a road map that's over ambitious. And it better not be leprechaun in space, or in fact anything to do with the leprechaun films!

So to conclude I for one don't mind what the next horror game theme is, I'd just like more interaction with the game environments and have a good selection of character choices. How about a wider range of age groups? Who wouldn't want to play as the crazy old man or women, that local cop who got lost or the MILF that's chose the wrong route home from the office etc?

P.S dont forget about the creature from the black lagoon!

However, if they are currently doing mocap on the game right now, does that mean there is a possibility of a release late next year or possibly early 2022? I don’t know much about game development. I’m hoping it means they can at least release a teaser soon similar to Friday’s teaser in 2015. 

52 minutes ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

However, if they are currently doing mocap on the game right now, does that mean there is a possibility of a release late next year or possibly early 2022? I don’t know much about game development. I’m hoping it means they can at least release a teaser soon similar to Friday’s teaser in 2015. 

Anything's possible...

Hopefully their next project will sit well with everyone.

3 hours ago, Fair Play said:

Anything's possible...

Hopefully their next project will sit well with everyone.

Hopefully, and I also hope that if it’s another game similar to Friday they will make another forum for that too. It sounds sad but I used to really love this forum back before the lawsuit when we would all discuss potential dlc. So hopefully we can have another forum like that again :)

6 hours ago, IcrazyKid855 said:

Hopefully, and I also hope that if it’s another game similar to Friday they will make another forum for that too. It sounds sad but I used to really love this forum back before the lawsuit when we would all discuss potential dlc. So hopefully we can have another forum like that again :)

I'm sure a new forum will be announced with some early game development/pre-release footage closer to the time. Either that or they merge this forum as a subcategory in an updated forum for their new game. Sadly IcrazyKid we have only won a pyrrhic victory with F13, we voiced and campaigned and the dev's listened to improve the game. The major result being with the introduction of Victoria to the game, however the lawsuit couldn't be beaten. At least with another secure franchise the same situation can be avoided, and then the crusade for which character you really want in the game will start again! 

27 minutes ago, Mr Unlucky said:

I'm sure a new forum will be announced with some early game development/pre-release footage closer to the time. Either that or they merge this forum as a subcategory in an updated forum for their new game. Sadly IcrazyKid we have only won a pyrrhic victory with F13, we voiced and campaigned and the dev's listened to improve the game. The major result being with the introduction of Victoria to the game, however the lawsuit couldn't be beaten. 

Those were the good days! Campaigning for Melissa was so fun and eventually getting Victoria based off of Melissa was so amazing! I’m praying for a Halloween game next because there are lots of great characters they could add.