Sign in to follow this  
Xxhotxwheelsxx

What could the next game be?

I love what you all have done with this property. This game was and still amazing and awesome. Yes, people point out flaws and things that could be better. (insert scared face image) But that is what made these movies awesome. I love the campy feelings and, fear these movies have. You have put in so much work in this and passion its crazy. You have captured every Friday movie. I would love to see what you guys come up with next. My suggestion would be to branch out to other beloved horror icons. You would be amazing if you did a Childs play game and also Halloween. I know licensing is an issue but, you guys are the only ones I would pre order for or back for those games. I did not know bout the backing until it was released or I would have. I know I know its a pipe dream but, one can hold out hope. Thank you guys for making one of the best games with one of the best movies I grew up with. You guys are great and cant wait to see the next project. Now what do all of the fans think of my suggestion.   

• Like 1

Sorry man, I missed your topic and must not have scrolled far enough to see it over the last few months. I guess I’m going to miss the luxury of coming here soon..... so I wanted to respond more completely to your thread then a hello or welcome.

Not sure where to start.... Halloween.... Child’s play....

Lets get Child’s play sorted first..... I would like a Chucky game, don’t get me wrong, it isn’t lack of interest that makes me doubtful. It’s simply the split in the property, I could see a remake Chucky game but don’t think Don and original Chucky are looking to license. I haven’t seen the remake, I’m a bit of a loyalist, I will watch it eventually, just not a fan of it being done while he’s still doing his T.V. show. I don’t think the remake was popular enough to warrant a game. 
I think what would excite me is Gun working with Fireblitz games on Charlie the Legend. It’s due out next year and features a demonically possessed doll, very similar but not the same as Child’s Play. I’m very much looking forward to this game as it was inspired by Friday. 

Halloween... this is the ideal property for Gun to tackle next. They need a very solid dev/programmer team. Michael bring his own unique challenges, Haddonfield field too. Being in a suburb means lots of obstacles, fences, bushes and pathing challenges, it creates opportunities for ambushes. You can’t as easily have it play it out like Friday does, the final reel is basically just Michael and Laurie, running around one house. I would like a slightly more lively neighbourhood, even go so far as to include bots who have simple pathing around their own houses, doing chores, watching tv. I’d like the characters who are played to be like common tropes, babysitters, boyfriends, the best friends and a few older tricker treaters. These victim characters should need to preform tasks around their spawns, earning escape routes, or earning points that can be spent on makeshift weapons/traps, even uncovering hiding places. 

Michael needs to be even more of a ghost than Jason with Stalk active, and he needs Stalk or something like it from the get go. I can’t see Shift or Morph being Michael tricks, maybe pushing through bushes to vanish or appear. Michael is going to need some help, in the form of video game powers but hopefully they won’t break the illusion to much. 
Maybe Michael can see which room they’re in and have a sense of the layout of buildings with his hud. Possibly even which direction they are looking. Using things like t.v.’s, radios, hairdryers as distractions to deaden this ability might give some counter play but also make hearing his footsteps incredibly difficult. 

I’m hoping Gun has landed a deal to work on another big property, I’d love to see what they do with a Halloween game and then I’d love for them to build off of it and try their hand at Scream, TMC, Nightmare or Child’s Play. 

• Like 1

On 11/17/2020 at 9:06 PM, Slasher_Clone said:

I can’t see Shift or Morph being Michael tricks, maybe pushing through bushes to vanish or appear. Michael is going to need some help, in the form of video game powers but hopefully they won’t break the illusion to much. 

Maybe Michael can see which room they’re in and have a sense of the layout of buildings with his hud. Possibly even which direction they are looking. Using things like t.v.’s, radios, hairdryers as distractions to deaden this ability might give some counter play but also make hearing his footsteps incredibly difficult. 

I'm curious. Why wouldn't you think that Shift or Morph wouldn't work for Micheal? I mean if we are counting all the Halloween movies then Michael and Jason get around fairly fast in the same exact way. If anything I think longer timers on them would be needed. Micheal is known for jump scares much more then Jason so we'd need him designed in a way that would allow the killer to emulate that. Some sort of invisibility skill would be needed as Michael is known for coming out of closets and out from underneath beds and appearing right behind you when you when you least expect it. lol They'd really need to be on point in order to pull Michael off mate. lol😎

@KOOLLAYDTAC, Michael drives a car to get around fast. I don’t see Michael using Shift or Morph that doesn’t mean he won’t end up doing either of those things. I’d rather have them expand him in his own unique way rather than copying Jason.

I’d be very happy if they allowed Michael to hide and ambush kill the other players, it makes sense for the character. It needs to be a game about Prep and prediction rather than a rubber band chase. 

8 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Better be Halloween!!!!

Hopefully someone will put Halloween on the market.

1 hour ago, Slasher_Clone said:

@KOOLLAYDTAC, Michael drives a car to get around fast. I don’t see Michael using Shift or Morph that doesn’t mean he won’t end up doing either of those things. I’d rather have them expand him in his own unique way rather than copying Jason.

I’d be very happy if they allowed Michael to hide and ambush kill the other players, it makes sense for the character. It needs to be a game about Prep and prediction rather than a rubber band chase. 

I agree on the ambush and preparation mechanics.

• Like 2

@Strigoi, I just think there would be better ways to make Michael his own character. I do think Michael needs something like Stalk but the other powers could be things that more suit Michael. 

Besides it isn’t like there going to base there idea off my post, if they’re working on a Halloween game they likely have been working on it a while. 

I'd love to see a game based off the Halloween license! I don't think it really needs to follow that closely to the Friday formula though. For one, I feel like a Halloween game should feel a lot more claustrophobic as opposed to the wide open maps from Friday. Jason has always been that, get these horny teenagers off my lawn type of killer. Michael's the type of guy who'll come visit you at your house if he feels like.  

What I wouldn’t give for a hint about Guns next project. I need something to think about, not much going on in the world of asymmetrical horror till next summer (Indie game, Charlie the Legend) and I’d love to contribute to whatever is coming. 

Halloween has lots of potential, so do Scream, TCM and Child’s Play. The other horror franchises could work but aren’t going to have the same pull as these ones, Friday was such a massive success because it had a built in audience. That’s audience is most attached to 80/90’s franchise horror. If Gun is building up a smaller IP, or one with a smaller fan base it could still be as successful as Friday but it will be harder. Whatever they’re working on, I can’t wait.... Do us proud Gun.