Part 3 is strong, but not OP. A well-coordinated group of counselors is the only OP thing in this game.

• Like 3

There's nothing wrong with P3 the way he is. He's more or the less the default Starter Jason, so he was balanced accordingly. He's only really OP if you're new to the game and you haven't figured out how to deal with Slasher Jason's yet.

I just think one of his strengths should be taken away cause one of his weaknesses is only temporary cause one of his weakness is stun resistance which doesn't matter once he hits rage

The game is 3+ years old. Rebalancing any Jason is unlikely to happen at this point. He's fine as he is.

• Like 1

Whilst I wouldn't call Part 3 "OP" he is definitely the strongest to play with IMO. This is because +Weapon Strength with +Can Run makes him relentless in a chase or when going toe-to-toe, and destroying doors isn't really an issue for those who exploit and double tap. This is even more confounded by the fact that Stun Resistance doesn't work (pre-Rage, in Rage, at all). Not to mention that -Sense is easily negated by spamming it and -Stalk is only really a problem for cooldown time not usage time. So he doesn't need nerfing, just a weakness that works. Part 4 is actually the best pressure monster in the game (IMO) with +Destruction added to his mix of Strengths. But his -Shift and -Traps give him terrible objective control; thus balancing him out.

If Stun Resistance actually worked in the game then Part 3 would be technically balanced. How annoying would it be getting stunned with virtually every successful counselor hit (no Sucker Punch perk needed) AND having to stand there recovering longer than other neutral/+Stun Resistance Jasons? If Stun Resistance did what it said on the tin then Part 9 might actually be worth taking the -Traps for. Less stuns and a hella fast recovery from any hits that do.

29 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

If Stun Resistance actually worked in the game then Part 3 would be technically balanced.

It does actually work. It's not much of a difference but it's there. I tested it last week after Mattshotcha posted how it works. It doesn't increase or decrease stun time, but increases/decreases your chances of being stunned. Depending, of course, on whether it's listed as a strength or a weakness.

But the way it works is based on the strength of the counselor making the hit, what weapon they're using, as well as what perks they're running. That's basically why it's gone unnoticed for this long.

Edit: it does technically work post rage too. But only if you're trying to drop a sweater stunned Jason, or if you have 'Tommy ignores rage' selected in a private match.

30 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

It does actually work. It's not much of a difference but it's there. I tested it last week after Mattshotcha posted how it works. It doesn't increase or decrease stun time, but increases/decreases your chances of being stunned. Depending, of course, on whether it's listed as a strength or a weakness.

But the way it works is based on the strength of the counselor making the hit, what weapon they're using, as well as what perks they're running. That's basically why it's gone unnoticed for this long.

Yeah, I saw Matt comment on that also. But I remained skeptical due to the fact that a) Stun duration is not a factor (as you've noted) even though it is said to be in the ability's description. And b) If stun chance works then it is extremely marginal to the point of being unnoticeable. When using a base counselor (same weapon, no perks) the affects of Stun Resistance, albeit RNG based, should be clear as day, just like +/-Run, +/-Shift, +/-Traps, +/-Water Speed etc. -Stun Resistance definitely doesn't make me think twice about using Part 3 or Part 5. In fact, it's probably less of a consideration than Water Speed, lol.

Also, Strength has no general play in stun chance, so that's interesting.

22 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Yeah, I saw Matt comment on that also. But I remained skeptical due to the fact that a) Stun duration is not a factor (as you've noted) even though it is said to be in the ability's description. And b) If stun chance works then it is extremely marginal to the point of being unnoticeable. When using a base counselor (same weapon, no perks) the affects of Stun Resistance, albeit RNG based, should be clear as day, just like +/-Run, +/-Shift, +/-Traps, +/-Water Speed etc. -Stun Resistance definitely doesn't make me think twice about using Part 3 or Part 5. In fact, it's probably less of a consideration than Water Speed, lol.

Also, Strength has no general play in stun chance, so that's interesting.

I used Buggzy with no perks and bats vs J3 and J9. I only did testing for 2 rounds each. Round one J3 was stunned 7/8 bat hits. J9 was stunned 5/8 bat hits. Round 2 J3 was stunned 8/8 bat hits. J9 once again went 5/8. I never tested one that didn't have stun resistance listed as a strength or weakness because I already concluded that it does in fact work, and that the difference between stun resistance as a strength and stun resistance as a weakness wasn't worth further testing. 

45 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

I used Buggzy with no perks and bats vs J3 and J9. I only did testing for 2 rounds each. Round one J3 was stunned 7/8 bat hits. J9 was stunned 5/8 bat hits. Round 2 J3 was stunned 8/8 bat hits. J9 once again went 5/8. I never tested one that didn't have stun resistance listed as a strength or weakness because I already concluded that it does in fact work, and that the difference between stun resistance as a strength and stun resistance as a weakness wasn't worth further testing. 

Seems conclusive enough, I guess. I suppose neutral Stun Resistance J's would maybe go 6/8 (RNG permitted) ??? Either way I've at least updated that 'Game Myths' post I did.

P.s. So much for one of the Devs saying back in the day that Stun Resistance was never coded into the game. Just coded poorly would be a more accurate account.

14 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Seems conclusive enough, I guess. I suppose neutral Stun Resistance J's would maybe go 6/8 (RNG permitted) ??? Either way I've at least updated that 'Game Myths' post I did.

P.s. So much for one of the Dev's saying back in the day that Stun Resistance was never coded into the game. Just coded poorly would be a more accurate account.

Yeah I think they meant the part where they were supposed to add on to, or reduce stun time. But even with the way it does work, it's still a bullshit stat unless you're running 10 strength. That's why we never saw it working to begin with. Everything was usually tested with Chad for weapon durability. Say you have 20% difference between -stun resistance and +stun resistance, with 10 strength. So that drops down to what, maybe 10% at 5 strength? That's definitely going to get eaten up by rng...

What exactly is it about Part 3 that makes you think he is too OP @Ih8teamers ?

When I think about the most important stats for Jason I rank his abilities (shift, morph, stalk, sense) much higher than things like running, weapon strength etc.   And none of Jason's abilities are a strength for Part 3 and 2 of his 4 abilities are weaknesses.  So to me he is in the bottom tier of Jason's I want to use.

If I am playing against average to pro level players I find that Jason's Stalk and Shift abilities are what helps me kill the most.  So any Jason that has Stalk or Shift as a weakness is not one I am fond of using.  Having a weakness in Morph also sucks for objective control but it can be worked around.  Weakness in Sense isn't too bad as I usually only use sense for a couple seconds at a time anyhow.   I don't need weapon strength because I don't slash a lot. I don't need grip strength because I don't wander around looking for enviro kills and I don't need to run because I usually catch counselors with shift, not running.  So Part 3 ain't got much for me.

18 hours ago, Ih8teamers said:

I think he's too op he should have his weapon strength be taken away

Naw, hes fine.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You got this result because the game itself  is so poorly coded it is very inconsistent  from round to round... nothing else. All Jason’s have been nerfed though the years to a point where the whole original dynamic of the game has changed, instead of it being a challenge for counselors to survive,  it’s now a game of Jason being challenged to kill and not be killed unless you are playing a bunch of noobs.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TedWhiteJ4 said:

You got this result because the game itself  is so poorly coded it is very inconsistent  from round to round... nothing else. All Jason’s have been nerfed though the years to a point where the whole original dynamic of the game has changed, instead of it being a challenge for counselors to survive,  it’s now a game of Jason being challenged to kill and not be killed unless you are playing a bunch of noobs.

No I got this result because that's how it works. I did it twice for both Jason's with almost identical results both times. If I did it 200 times, the results would be the same.

And no to the rest of that too. 

Well if it were ever into consideration i would vote for +Destruction in replacement for +Weapon Strength but that's me.

@RetroJason89 I think what should be done is to code stun resistance. Then he would actually have a significant weakness.

i dont know, i feel like im actually underpowered when playing nintendo jason. almost everything stuns me.

i dont have more knives or traps.