Living or dead?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Choose his life

So to my knowledge NES or Retro Jason was originally supposed to be his own individual Jason but thanks to that stupid lawsuit his implementation was never fully realized but what if he was? What would he be? Human or Zombie? Also what would be his stats? Post your theories down below as I would like to read them.

2 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

So to my knowledge NES or Retro Jason was originally supposed to be his own individual Jason but thanks to that stupid lawsuit his implementation was never fully realized but what if he was? What would he be? Human or Zombie? Also what would be his stats? Post your theories down below as I would like to read them.

I really feel like NES Jason was the original Ghost Jason before Never Hike Alone came along.....

I voted Zombie because he has supernatural abilities in the NES game.

The cover of the Nintendo game even features Jason from The New Blood and I always thought that that should have been his base look but purple and teal.........I think it would have stood out more than using part 3 as the base.

• Like 2

Definitely Zombie. The game was released in 89, several months before Friday 8 was released in theaters,  so we were already two movies and several years into Jason's transformation into an undead killing machine. This also would've been the image freshest in people's minds, and naturally the image they'd try to capitalize on for the video game.

1 hour ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

The cover of the Nintendo game features Jason from The New Blood and I always thought that that should have been his base look but purple and teal.

I also felt like the game was based on Part 7 not just because that's who Jason looked like but the counselors seemed to be modeled after Part 7 from what I remembered. So I vote Zombie

40 minutes ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Human.....he can run and doesn't walk.

Well, some Zombies can run just watch the Zombies from Dawn of the Dead Remake lol

02BACA69-9CDE-4980-9EA3-FE7B84669E96.jpegThis could have been even cooler than what we got......

Actually now that I think about it more what they should have done was just gave us a retro skin for all the Jason models and when you use it, it plays the retro theme for all of them......

They could have called it Retro Night Skin pack.......a dlc for all Jason’s and counselors and should have come with the yellow Camp Crystal Lake shirt and shorts for all the counselors......I would have gladly bought that as DLC.

• Like 1

It's literally part 3 Jason that was portrayed as purple with a turquoise mask. It's not Nintendo Jason btw. It's from an old Japanese movie poster which happened to be the inspiration for the Nintendo games colors.

It's part 7 Jason, who is a "zombie," in the NES game. But "Retro Jason" is part 3, who is human.

Ok so we're leaning more towards zombie which is cool cause loving the image OCT 31 1978 provided on what could've been but what would be his stats? 🙃

13 minutes ago, RetroJason89 said:

Ok so we're leaning more towards zombie which is cool cause loving the image OCT 31 1978 provided on what could've been but what would be his stats? 🙃

The misbelief that Retro and NES Jason are the same thing is what's leaning towards zombie.

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

It's literally part 3 Jason that was portrayed as purple with a turquoise mask. It's not Nintendo Jason btw. It's from an old Japanese movie poster which happened to be the inspiration for the Nintendo games colors.

I didn’t know about a Japanese poster being inspiration for Retro Jason.

I thought the Game developers went with Part 3 because that is what Neca had used for their NES Jason figure.

If that is the case it is quite an Obscure trivia fact......even so at this point the relationship to Retro and NES goes hand and hand.....which is why they are considered the same character.

My point was if it was supposed to be the NES version of the character they should have used the design from the cover and gave us a purple and Turquoise part 7....

I still think a Retro skin for all Jason’s would have been the best way to go.

47 minutes ago, RetroJason89 said:

Since I'm played that game extensively I'll take a crack at it. +Water Speed since that fucker moves like lightening in the water. It looks like he's running, but it's actually more like he appears quickly out of nowhere so maybe +Shift or Morph... And +Boxing skills?...  

Weakness... Can't run I guess since he's technically a zombie since that was everyone's image of Jason in 1989. Minus Grip Strength because why not, and weakness to fire since the torch would whoop his ass.

Seriously though, +Water Speed, +Shift/Morph, +Stalk since that son a bitch pops out from nowhere. Minus Traps (Doesn't use them in the game), Can't Run, and let's go with Minus sense. 

I am basing all my opinions as if we're talking about the actual NES version of Jason. I've never considered Retro his own thing since he's just a reskin. 

48 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

I thought the Game developers went with Part 3 because that is what Neca had used for their NES Jason figure.

If that is the case it is quite an Obscure trivia fact......even so at this point the relationship to Retro and NES goes hand and hand.....which is why they are considered the same character.

My point was if it was supposed to be the NES version of the character they should have used the design from the cover and gave us a purple and Turquoise part 7....

The poster was actually the inspiration for the color scheme of the NES version of Jason, which inspired the Retro skin. No on could understand in 1989 why Jason was freaking purple. I figured they used the skin on P3, since he's the closest thing to the default Jason, but I do believe the poster was of Friday Part 3.

1 minute ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

If that is the case it is quite an Obscure trivia fact......even so at this point the relationship to Retro and NES goes hand and hand.....which is why they are considering the same character.

Yeah someone posted it awhile ago. Something about Friday the 13th part 3s release in Japan. The movie poster depicted a purple Jason with a turquoise mask. Apparently that's the only image of Jason the NES game devs had to go on.

I think retro skins for all Jason's would have been cool though.

19 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Yeah someone posted it awhile ago. Something about Friday the 13th part 3s release in Japan. The movie poster depicted a purple Jason with a turquoise mask. Apparently that's the only image of Jason the NES game devs had to go on.

https://youtu.be/2Nmal1MHC2o

10 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Just when you think you know all there is to know about this franchise @Somethin Cool pops up to educate lol

9 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Thanks for posting this I have never seen it nor would have thought to look for it if not for you fine masters of Retro lore!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 hours ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Well, some Zombies can run just watch the Zombies from Dawn of the Dead Remake lol

02BACA69-9CDE-4980-9EA3-FE7B84669E96.jpegThis could have been even cooler than what we got......

Actually now that I think about it more what they should have done was just gave us a retro skin for all the Jason models and when you use it, it plays the retro theme for all of them......

They could have called it Retro Night Skin pack.......a dlc for all Jason’s and counselors and should have come with the yellow Camp Crystal Lake shirt and shorts for all the counselors......I would have gladly bought that as DLC.

😢 I dont wanna talk about DLC man this will always hurt me that we never got all those amazing different Jason's.....

• Sad 1

If he had been his own Jason, I believe he would have been supernatural ie. a zombie. 
would have been nice to get his own mode, that would have been cool. 

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Slasher_Clone said:

If he had been his own Jason, I believe he would have been supernatural ie. a zombie. 
would have been nice to get his own mode, that would have been cool. 

To this day, I still picture what a camp map for him would have been like...

• Like 3

On 10/16/2020 at 2:39 AM, Fair Play said:

To this day, I still picture what a camp map for him would have been like...

Something HUGE of a Map! ALOT of Cabin's and hidden areas!

zombie. the game is not based on a single movie. its a moshpit of several key parts of the movies plus its own quirks (like having to fight pam's head).

though its appearance (in game) is a combination of 3 and 4.

mask 3, clothes 4.