Well people can jump through Windows if they'd running and locking Windows would be pointless because the faster Jason kills another counselor the faster he will be coming after you so...

Thats why I rather be able to see the lock icon

By that logic we should see the drawers that have keys highlighted. We should have auto aim for shotguns and flares and there should be mattresses outside the second story windows so nobody is hurt escaping. 

Locking the windows serves no purpose outside of fucking over your buddy. Locking the door does. It just so happens that a locked door makes things tougher for the counselors as well as Jason. 

If for no other reason then hiding in bathrooms and such is made obsolete by the icon, I'd prefer it went away. 

• Like 1

I hid in the bathroom before and Jason never found me lol

Did you lock the door? 

From what I've gleaned in anecdotes and gameplay I've seen is most survivors either hid with the door unlocked and Jason missed them, or Jason had more pressing matters and didn't look too hard. 

In the end,it all depends on wich kind of situation you are in or if the player who is Jason is smart or not.

Let's say i hide in the bathroom and i dont lock the door,sure there are chance that the Jason player might not find you if like Risinggrave said that Jason player either missed you or didnt look too hard,but if the Jason player decide to go check the bathroom and the door is not locked then he's gonna enter that room pretty quickly.

Then there's also the chances of you being in a situation where you hide in the bathroom with the door locked,while Jason try to break the door,someone is nearby with a good weapon or shotgun,but since Jason is busy trying to destroy that door,the other survivor can have a bit more time to reach where you are and then try to stun Jason so you can escape.

Time is the key here,it's an important part of the gameplay,the longer Jason get distracted or stalled either by being stunned or trying to break a door,the more chances and the longer a councellor can survive.

By getting rid of the lock symbol it wont affect too much the gameplay since Jason will still try to open/break a door and councellor still wont be able to open one,what it will change however is that both Jason and councellors players will now have to guess if a door is open or not,making things even more intense/thrilling,it's either risk it or not.

I've seen enough videos of the beta posted on youtube and from what i've seen,smart players tend to lock doors as soon as possible and use windows instead to get in or out of a cabin,they only use doors when one is not locked or when it's destroyed,but mostly use windows as a mean of entrance/exit because they want to keep the doors barricaded to make it more difficult for Jason by making him waste time trying to break those doors.

• Like 1

If for no other reason then hiding in bathrooms and such is made obsolete by the icon, I'd prefer it went away. 

I agree on this front. At the very least, interior doors should not have the locked symbol on them. It alerts Jason exactly where you are.

On the other hand, if they keep the locked symbol, then a new item called "cabin keys" could be added so that a counselor holding them can lock doors from the outside. It could dupe Jason into cutting down a door with no one inside!

• Like 1

I agree on this front. At the very least, interior doors should not have the locked symbol on them. It alerts Jason exactly where you are.

On the other hand, if they keep the locked symbol, then a new item called "cabin keys" could be added so that a counselor holding them can lock doors from the outside. It could dupe Jason into cutting down a door with no one inside!

That actually be pretty awesome, I saw in the beta once on the second story of the Higgins haven house the room across from the bathroom someone locked it then went out the window and the Jason player took all that time to hack down the door while the counselor ran all the way across the map. It'd be cool to lock doors from the outside but does anybody remember that screen you could hide behind in the second floor of Higgins haven? It was on the last room on the left I hope they add more stuff like that in the other maps because it was a cool place to hide that Didn't require you to get in a bed or closet for a chance of getting instantly killed and since it was directly next to the window I saw several times during the beta where people opened the window them hid behind the screen and as soon as Jason opened the door and saw the window was open he left
  • Like 1

That actually be pretty awesome, I saw in the beta once on the second story of the Higgins haven house the room across from the bathroom someone locked it then went out the window and the Jason player took all that time to hack down the door while the counselor ran all the way across the map. It'd be cool to lock doors from the outside but does anybody remember that screen you could hide behind in the second floor of Higgins haven? It was on the last room on the left I hope they add more stuff like that in the other maps because it was a cool place to hide that Didn't require you to get in a bed or closet for a chance of getting instantly killed and since it was directly next to the window I saw several times during the beta where people opened the window them hid behind the screen and as soon as Jason opened the door and saw the window was open he left

Thanks for the support. Thinking about it, the "cabin keys" idea could work even if they remove the locked door symbol until the door is checked, it would just make people have to attempt opening the door without knowing if it's locked or not.

I hid in the bathroom before and Jason never found me lol

You just reminded me of one point: hiding in the bathrooms. You see, you'd most likely survive hiding in the bathroom by not locking it, because with the lock symbol Jason can easily recognise that somebody has locked themselves in. But it would actually make much more sense that the counsellor would lock the bathroom door. Why should not locking the door actually make it much harder for Jason to detect where you are hiding from a distance? He should only be able to know where you are when he tries to open each door.

Also, I don't understand how removing the lock symbol would make it less fun for you.  It's such a common trope in horror movies to have the people being chased realise that the door is locked, which adds more tension. It's a horror game, it should be filled with 'oh sh!t' moments. If a split second animation of checking the door results in your death, then you should just git gud. It's gonna be harder for both the killer and the counsellors anyways.

How about Jason can't see if the door is locked and the Counsolers can see if it's locked that should be fine with everybody

yeah...that would work,i wouldnt mind if it was like that,even tought i still think it would be also fun if no one could see the symbol,much more thrilling.

And in a way it would make things a bit easier for the counsellors when trying to survive against Jason,especially since he's quite  a overpowered character.

yeah...that would work,i wouldnt mind if it was like that,even tought i still think it would be also fun if no one could see the symbol,much more thrilling.

And in a way it would make things a bit easier for the counsellors when trying to survive against Jason,especially since he's quite a overpowered character.

Yup that's why I would hate to have it for both since Jason is one OP mother fucker as it is why is everybody trying to make Jason way more OP

I'm sorry but I wouldn't find it fun having Jason killing everybody in 5 mins for every game

And in a way it would make things a bit easier for the counsellors when trying to survive against Jason,especially since he's quite  a overpowered character.

I agree it would just be a small thing to give counselors a little bit more of a chance to survive against Jason especially when trying to hide in places like the closet at the top floor of higgins
  • Like 1

Yup that's why I would hate to have it for both since Jason is one OP mother fucker as it is why is everybody trying to make Jason way more OP

I'm sorry but I wouldn't find it fun having Jason killing everybody in 5 mins for every game

Removing the lock symbol can also advantage the counsellors who want to hide and waste Jason's time checking each door. You are only looking at the disadvantages and keep thinking that this feature will only benefit Jason. Removing the lock symbol from only Jason is actually more unfair. Plus, like I said, a split second animation isn't gonna result in everyone dying in 5 minutes. 

Removing the lock symbol can also advantage the counsellors who want to hide and waste Jason's time checking each door. You are only looking at the disadvantages and keep thinking that this feature will only benefit Jason. Removing the lock symbol from only Jason is actually more unfair. Plus, like I said, a split second animation isn't gonna result in everyone dying in 5 minutes.

Hason is coming right at you and a split second animation won't take a second it would take at least 3 seconds in my book besides Jason as a Weapon that can go thru doors in matter of seconds I don't remember how long but if the door isn't barred it would just take about 3 or so swings to break down and 7 if it's barred if I remember correctly so having Jason not being able to see locks wouldn't be making it unfair for him since he can destroy the door in a matter of seconds when I was playing Jason I would destroy all the doors I went thru so they wouldn't be able to lock them later even when J did that I still killed everybody every game I played

Hason is coming right at you and a split second animation won't take a second it would take at least 3 seconds in my book besides Jason as a Weapon that can go thru doors in matter of seconds I don't remember how long but if the door isn't barred it would just take about 3 or so swings to break down and 7 if it's barred if I remember correctly so having Jason not being able to see locks wouldn't be making it unfair for him since he can destroy the door in a matter of seconds when I was playing Jason I would destroy all the doors I went thru so they wouldn't be able to lock them later even when J did that I still killed everybody every game I played

It's not about how long it takes for Jason to break down a door. it's about making it easy for counsellors to hide in houses by having Jason to search each room. Besides, a checking door knob animation would only take about...oh look it's already over before you even know it. I don't know why the heck you need 3 seconds for that. How long does it take you to twist a door knob?

It's also about being realistic because it doesn't make sense that the counsellors would have an advantage that Jason can't have. I think it is much scarier and realistic for counsellors to not know which room or house is locked, instead requiring them to guess and hope for the best. But does that make it a lot harder for the counsellors to survive? Not necessarily. Like I said, checking a door only requires a second at most. If you are worried about this severely affecting your gameplay then it can become an instinct to leave as many doors in the house open and only use the windows to enter and exit houses. 

Also, I would like to take you seriously but the lack of punctuation is making it an eyesore for me to read...

I don't bother with punctuation when I'm texting don't see the point lol

Besides it depends on how long they do the animation for even if it's a split second why even take away the symbol for the lock I think it would be a waste of them for them to do this

I don't bother with punctuation when I'm texting don't see the point lol

Besides it depends on how long they do the animation for even if it's a split second why even take away the symbol for the lock I think it would be a waste of them for them to do this

I think everyone here can agree that it's incredibly frustrating to try and read your posts, which are not just short text messages...

It would be a waste of time to remove something from the game? I think you meant implementing the checking door animation, which can use the existing opening door animation. This feature like I said can make the game scarier and allow for more hiding opportunities, since existing hiding spots such as the bathroom and closet are useless if you lock the door, which flashes that big fat lock symbol in front of Jason from metres away to signal him you're there...

I don't see the point of locking things inside if you can't bare the door if it's just a lock Jason can knock the door down super fast so what's the point

I know a lot of people still like having the lock symbol show up

I don't see the point of locking things inside if you can't bare the door if it's just a lock Jason can knock the door down super fast so what's the point

I know a lot of people still like having the lock symbol show up

You keep mentioning about how Jason can knock the door down, yes we know that! If you look at a few let's plays, many people have attempted to hide in the bathroom or closet, but it became pointless when Jason can immediately spot them by seeing the lock symbol, and the worst part is that they have nowhere else to run while Jason walks towards the locked door and inevitably chops it down, so what's the point of hiding? Think about it, if the lock symbol is removed, when Jason is in the house, he would have to check each door, giving the hiding counsellor a chance to make a run for it while he's searching another room. 

Well the majority of this thread approves of the removal. You're only the one who seemed to be extremely vocal against it, and not in the most mature way I'd say...