I just had a thought.  So you can lock the doors, right?  And a symbol appears when you're near them that tells you that they're locked.

Very useful for counselors so they don't check a cabin that's already been searched.

However, why can Jason see that symbol when he approaches a new door?

How about a tweak where Jason can only see the Door Locked symbol if he tries to open it once.  Not only would that buy some valuable seconds for a counselor to escape, but it would help counselors trying to hide by not letting Jason know what room they've decided to hide in.  At least not at first.

Or, if there needs to be some balancing on it, nobody knows a door is locked unless they try it first.  Would also be quite a frightening thing for a counselor trying to escape into a cabin only to find it's been locked by someone else.

Just throwing that out there.  Thoughts?

• Like 3

It didn't make much sense when I was playing as Jason to simply see the door being locked when I approached it.  It's like "How would I even know that?"

• Like 3

It didn't make much sense when I was playing as Jason to simply see the door being locked when I approached it.  It's like "How would I even know that?"

is another of his multiples powers xD

I agree with this. Him having to approach the door and check it would be ideal. No big animations or anything... it would just have the breakdown prompt.

Just knowing its locked from a distance bugs the fuck out of me.

There shouldnt be no damn lock symbol on no door. Period. Where the hell you go and see a lock symbol just appear when you cant go in a door??? What drugs you on?

• Like 2

I agree with this. Him having to approach the door and check it would be ideal. No big animations or anything... it would just have the breakdown prompt.

Just knowing its locked from a distance bugs the fuck out of me.

When playing, I used to lock both doors and close all the windows, primarily to let others know that the cabin had already been searched and secured. It helps, after all, since Jason can't lock doors. It's a simple way to let people know that it's locked.

I do agree as well, though. Just a quick door check animation before the symbol shows up. But maybe it should work both ways. Counselors shouldn't know either, at least until they try the door. Same animation, just a quick check to see if it opens.

• Like 1

@midnight it doesnt even have to have an animation really...if they made it where you got close enough and you pushed the open button to check it and you heard a jiggle jiggle sound effect that would even be enough to tell you its locked.

@CrazyRalph Oh, definitely. But if that's the case, it should work the same way for both Jason and the counselors, from a balance point of view.

• Like 1

If they don't have a icon for it being locked your being chased by Jason by the time you tried the door to get away from Jason he can grab you before you can run away and you will die I like seeing that the door is locked

Making him not know if the door is locked/unlocked, would add a small delay to his actions as he would have an animation of trying to turn the handle with no luck. Giving the person(s) inside a bit extra time to get away.

• Like 1

@CrazyRalph Oh, definitely. But if that's the case, it should work the same way for both Jason and the counselors, from a balance point of view.

Yeah.  That works fine for me.  To fine tune it, the symbol stays there until someone else does something to the door.  Then you have to check it all over again.

Certainly encourages the use of rage.  XD

When playing, I used to lock both doors and close all the windows, primarily to let others know that the cabin had already been searched and secured. It helps, after all, since Jason can't lock doors. It's a simple way to let people know that it's locked.

I do agree as well, though. Just a quick door check animation before the symbol shows up. But maybe it should work both ways. Counselors shouldn't know either, at least until they try the door. Same animation, just a quick check to see if it opens.

I did the same when I played too, made it easier for everyone to know what cabins had been cleared. Also agree with the fact that no one should be able to see the door lock sign, until they have touched the door.

Even if the door is locked Jason would just cut it down plus if the counsolers can't see the doors are locked Jason can just grab them while they try to get inside but the doors locked and they didn't know that so it would be a bad idea it would screw the counsolers more than Jason

I agree as well, I think both the Jason player and the counselor player should have to check the door to see if it opens or not. Furthermore, I think the Jason player should be able to crawl through windows. He did in the films, and it would make for some sh*t your pants moments.

I agree as well, I think both the Jason player and the counselor player should have to check the door to see if it opens or not. Furthermore, I think the Jason player should be able to crawl through windows. He did in the films, and it would make for some sh*t your pants moments.

Jason would just chop the door down plus if Jason is after a counsoler he runs up to the door but it's locked and die because of it that wouldn't be fun at all

Jason would just chop the door down plus if Jaso is after a counsoler he runs up to the door but it's locked and die because of it that wouldn't be fun at all

But...it would be realistic. Also, the counselor could juke out of the way, if he or she is lucky. I've seen it thousands of times on the beta, causing frustration for the Jason player. Also, the Jason player is constantly forced to morph just to keep up with the counselors, if little implementations like this were put into play it may even the chicken chase, and keep it scary.

• Like 1

Jason die by just running up to the door that is locked???? How can he die by just doing that???

He meant if your counselor ran up to a door while being chased by Jason, trying the door, finding out it's locked, and then Jason killing him = wouldn't be fun.

Yup that's what I ment

Also even if it's realistic to find out the door is locked one hit by Jason and you would be dead the counsolers die so fast by Jason we don't have much time to check doors to see if it's locked or not

Yup that's what I ment

Also even if it's realistic to find out the door is locked one hit by Jason and you would be dead the counsolers die so fast by Jason we don't have much time to check doors to see if it's locked or not

The game will be tweaked this way and that, by the devs, to get the best experience and definitely balance it. I think the more realistic or more movie accurate along the way would be more beneficial than harmful for the final release. Imagine the horror of some of these moments, would make for memorable gameplay and replayability. Too many games today make the character you play as OP. Jason is supposed to be, but not the counselors, that's what makes it fun, and you get a real sense of accomplishment if you escape and or survive.

Somethings shouldn't be movie accurate like with Jason killing every counsoler plus the door thing would be just dumb and a waste of time in my book

Oh I could, but I won't. Out of respect to JPOPS, The Devs, and The intelligent adults on this site.