5 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Unfortunately though the devs already made their bed on the subject of exploits some time ago saying they'd rather fix the glitch than hand out punishments.

I'd be happy with this if the glitches actually got fixed. 

• Like 1

A couple of points on this issue:

#1 - People who exploit glitches are not necessarily bad at the game.  In fact, they are most likely fairly skilled players as it takes practice to do the exploits.  From my experience playing with cheaters and from what I have read from the many users on this forum who cheat (whether as Jason or Counselor) it isn't because they are bad at the game.  It is because it makes it easier to kill (if you exploit as Jason) or easier to survive (if you exploit as a counselor).  And in some cases it is simply about flexing and showing how good/cool/clever they are.  (I'd guess the rock climbers mostly fall into this last category) 

#2 - If you have already admitted to exploiting other glitches in the game you really shouldn't be posting complaints in this thread.  It's like listening to Lance Armstrong, Mark Mcguire and Ben Johnson complain about cheating in sports.  Like seriously lol

Played some rounds myself last night for old times sake and seen someone glitched into a bookshelf, someone doing rock climbing and also one I've never seen before (and wouldnt have a clue how to do) but being in trees? Either in the middle or at the tree top on a branch*.

*Infuriating but impressive.

10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'd be happy with this if the glitches actually got fixed. 

We probably won't get all of the glitches and exploits fixed, but any that can be fixed will leave the game in slightly better shape at the end of support.

• Like 3

On 10/7/2020 at 10:40 AM, Laotian Lam said:

A couple of points on this issue:

#1 - People who exploit glitches are not necessarily bad at the game.  In fact, they are most likely fairly skilled players as it takes practice to do the exploits.  From my experience playing with cheaters and from what I have read from the many users on this forum who cheat (whether as Jason or Counselor) it isn't because they are bad at the game.  It is because it makes it easier to kill (if you exploit as Jason) or easier to survive (if you exploit as a counselor).  And in some cases it is simply about flexing and showing how good/cool/clever they are.  (I'd guess the rock climbers mostly fall into this last category) 

#2 - If you have already admitted to exploiting other glitches in the game you really shouldn't be posting complaints in this thread.  It's like listening to Lance Armstrong, Mark Mcguire and Ben Johnson complain about cheating in sports.  Like seriously lol

#1: If they were "fairly skilled players" they wouldn't be cheating. 

#2: There is a vast difference between a counselor who animation-cancels a med spray and one that glitches to an unreachable area where Jason has no realistic means of reaching them and makes the entire lobby wait 10+ minutes while she dances like a fucking retard. 

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

#1: If they were "fairly skilled players" they wouldn't be cheating. 

Again, I believe that to be false.  From my experience, people cheat at this game for many reasons but lack of skill is not usually one of them.   This forum is itself evidence that cheaters are usually fairly good at the game.  I say this because a lot of the very good players that post on this forum admit to using exploits.  I'm not trying to be judgmental, just stating my observations.

21 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

#2: There is a vast difference between a counselor who animation-cancels a med spray and one that glitches to an unreachable area where Jason has no realistic means of reaching them and makes the entire lobby wait 10+ minutes while she dances like a fucking retard. 

I can appreciate that you see a big difference between the two.  In my opinion there is no difference.  People who exploit other glitches can also drag the match out longer than it should have been.  Whether you are glitching on a rock, glitching under a bed, glitching your PK's, glitching your health sprays, throwing knives at cars, teleporting counselors into a lake....once I see it happening I will move on to another lobby.  There are those who glitch/cheat/tech and there are those that don't.  That is where the line is for me.  

• Like 2

On 10/9/2020 at 12:08 PM, Laotian Lam said:

Again, I believe that to be false.  From my experience, people cheat at this game for many reasons but lack of skill is not usually one of them.   This forum is itself evidence that cheaters are usually fairly good at the game.  I say this because a lot of the very good players that post on this forum admit to using exploits.  I'm not trying to be judgmental, just stating my observations.

I can appreciate that you see a big difference between the two.  In my opinion there is no difference.  People who exploit other glitches can also drag the match out longer than it should have been.  Whether you are glitching on a rock, glitching under a bed, glitching your PK's, glitching your health sprays, throwing knives at cars, teleporting counselors into a lake....once I see it happening I will move on to another lobby.  There are those who glitch/cheat/tech and there are those that don't.  That is where the line is for me.  

Do you leave if Jason starts breaking down a door in combat stance?  That's also considered an "exploit" by some. What be about cycling through skill checks when playing a counselor with low repair? That can also be considered an "exploit". What about if you're Jason? Have you ever broken a 1-hit door by swinging your weapon? Because that's also an "exploit" on account of the game already having a dedicated animation for breaking down doors.

A counselor who animation-cancels a med spray can still be grabbed or slashed. A Jason who double-taps a door can still get a beat down and be killed. A counselor who glitches to an unreachable area cannot.

If they do it at the start of the game, that's almost 20 minutes of holding everyone else up. Nobody gets to finish before the time limit is over because a single person has brought the game to a screeching halt. Either you can wait the entire 20 minutes or quit. If this really is  no different to you than a 2 second animation cancel then you are simply deluded. I wish you luck in whatever players utopia you're living in.

seen that happen to me 2. immediately left because i wasnt gonna waste more time.

On 10/10/2020 at 6:21 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Do you leave if Jason starts breaking down a door in combat stance?  That's also considered an "exploit" by some. What be about cycling through skill checks when playing a counselor with low repair? That can also be considered an "exploit". What about if you're Jason? Have you ever broken a 1-hit door by swinging your weapon? Because that's also an "exploit" on account of the game already having a dedicated animation for breaking down doors.

A counselor who animation-cancels a med spray can still be grabbed or slashed. A Jason who double-taps a door can still get a beat down and be killed. A counselor who glitches to an unreachable area cannot.

If they do it at the start of the game, that's almost 20 minutes of holding everyone else up. Nobody gets to finish before the time limit is over because a single person has brought the game to a screeching halt. Either you can wait the entire 20 minutes or quit. If this really is  no different to you than a 2 second animation cancel then you are simply deluded. I wish you luck in whatever players utopia you're living in.

Everyone's gotta draw the line somewhere, right?  I personally feel that someone who exploits one glitch is more likely to exploit other glitches as well.  This is why once I see a counselor or Jason exploiting a glitch I tend to move on to a new lobby.  I don't get all pissy about it.  I just move on hoping to find my Utopia, I guess. ;)

12 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Everyone's gotta draw the line somewhere, right?  I personally feel that someone who exploits one glitch is more likely to exploit other glitches as well.  This is why once I see a counselor or Jason exploiting a glitch I tend to move on to a new lobby.  I don't get all pissy about it.  I just move on hoping to find my Utopia, I guess. ;)

I beg to differ. I double tap doors as Jason. I "speed shift." I knife cancel. I might even abduct or mess around with static spam, if I feel like it. None of that is game breaking. In fact it makes Jason stronger and scarier. Which is why I refer to it as tech.

As counselor I spray cancel and that's about it. I might double tap a stunned Jason just to show off a bit, but it wastes too much weapon durability to do it while he's not stunned. Sliding is unnecessary if you know how to conserve stamina and causes premature failure of controllers. 

If there are teamers I'll do whatever it takes to make their match miserable and ensure that most of the lobby survives or escapes. If there are map glitchers I'll coach Jason on how to get them. I don't need map glitches to survive pub lobbies. Map/bed glitches are for children that shouldn't be playing anyway and people with zero skill. Any idiot can watch a YouTube video and stand on a rock for 20 minutes. It doesn't make a player good.

The average pub lobby Jason struggles to kill a single Vanessa running medic, nerves of steel, and thick skin. They almost always short shift and waste throwing knives without grabbing new ones. They hardly ever trap objectives, and when they do, they almost never check up on said objective after the trap is tripped. 9 times out of 10 I can survive the night jogging 10 feet in front of Jason without a care in the world. Level is no indication of skill either. I've survived the full 20 minutes on 150s just as easily as a day one noob. 

6 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

I beg to differ. I double tap doors as Jason. I "speed shift." I knife cancel. I might even abduct or mess around with static spam, if I feel like it. None of that is game breaking. In fact it makes Jason stronger and scarier. Which is why I refer to it as tech.

As counselor I spray cancel and that's about it. I might double tap a stunned Jason just to show off a bit, but it wastes too much weapon durability to do it while he's not stunned. Sliding is unnecessary if you know how to conserve stamina and causes premature failure of controllers. 

If there are teamers I'll do whatever it takes to make their match miserable and ensure that most of the lobby survives or escapes. If there are map glitchers I'll coach Jason on how to get them. I don't need map glitches to survive pub lobbies. Map/bed glitches are for children that shouldn't be playing anyway and people with zero skill. Any idiot can watch a YouTube video and stand on a rock for 20 minutes. It doesn't make a player good.

The average pub lobby Jason struggles to kill a single Vanessa running medic, nerves of steel, and thick skin. They almost always short shift and waste throwing knives without grabbing new ones. They hardly ever trap objectives, and when they do, they almost never check up on said objective after the trap is tripped. 9 times out of 10 I can survive the night jogging 10 feet in front of Jason without a care in the world. Level is no indication of skill either. I've survived the full 20 minutes on 150s just as easily as a day one noob. 

I think in a way you kinda made my point for me.  It is the skilled players who are most likely to exploit glitches. 

17 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I think in a way you kinda made my point for me.  It is the skilled players who are most likely to exploit glitches. 

You're putting them all together tho. I separate everything into things that help in a match and things that are game breaking. Map exploits and bed glitches are the real problem here, not to mention the topic of discussion. They don't take any skill at all. Watch a few YouTube videos and anyone can do it. It doesn't take practice either. Skilled players don't map glitch. They don't need to.

Again I'll point out the fact that high level does not equal high skill. I know a lot of people will switch lobbies just because there's a few to many high level players. That's totally unnecessary most of the time. 

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

You're putting them all together tho. I separate everything into things that help in a match and things that are game breaking. Map exploits and bed glitches are the real problem here, not to mention the topic of discussion. They don't take any skill at all. Watch a few YouTube videos and anyone can do it. It doesn't take practice either. Skilled players don't map glitch. They don't need to.

Again I'll point out the fact that high level does not equal high skill. I know a lot of people will switch lobbies just because there's a few to many high level players. That's totally unnecessary most of the time. 

i definitely agree that a player's level is not an indicator of how good they are.  You have lvl 150 players that are just casual players who have played a long time and you have low level players who are using an Alt account that are highly skilled. 

I was playing last night in Public Lobbies and ran into a couple different kinds of glitchers.  In one match I had a young fella who kept bragging about knowing how to get onto the roof of Packanack (insert eyeroll).  And while I don't think that is possible anymore, I ran the little fella over none-the-less and then found a new lobby in the next match because once a glitcher, always a glitcher.

Later that same night I was in a lobby with 3 or 4 glitchers (I'm assuming they were friends as they were working together).    I saw one of them trolling Jason and using the shotgun sliding glitch.  So once I fixed the car I drove over and picked up the slider and his buddy.  Once Jason started chasing the car I drove the car into the lake and said to the Slider "Let's see you glitch your way outta this one".  Thankfully Jason drowned him first so he could hear me laughing before I was killed next.  Was worth it tho. :)

4 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

roof of Packanack (insert eyeroll). 

Yeah that one's not possible anymore without Jason's help.

5 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

saw one of them trolling Jason and using the shotgun sliding glitch. 

That's not exactly a big deal honestly

6 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

I ran the little fella over none-the-less and then found a new lobby in the next match

6 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

So once I fixed the car I drove over and picked up the slider and his buddy.  Once Jason started chasing the car I drove the car into the lake and said to the Slider "Let's see you glitch your way outta this one"

😂😂😂😂

Whatever works I guess

1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

That's not exactly a big deal honestly

I agree.  I don't overly care about sliders but the sliding glitch is a warning sign they may do other glitches that DO bother me.   This match in particular was on Higgins Haven so the slider could have easily ended up on a rock somewhere ruining the match for everyone.  So if I have a chance to end their game before they can do other stupid things I probably will. 

Oddly enough, I am more likely to leave a lobby because of glitchers than teamers.  Even though Teamers are annoying as hell, I don't view teaming as being against the game rules (my personal opinion).  Lots of horror movies have had characters that sell out the protagonists and/or work with the killer.  More often than not, the teamer playing as Jason probably isn't very good so it all kinda balances out in the end.