Jump to content
The Wise

How does Stun Resistance work?

Recommended Posts

So if I use the same counselor with no perks, equipped with the same weapon, and hit Jason x amount of times... I should be able to see the difference between stun resistance as a strength/weakness, right? So higher strength yields higher stun chance, when equipped with a high stun chance weapon, right @mattshotcha?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@mattshotcha Any chance that Stun Resistance could be re-worked to apply to stun duration? The current implementation makes it an unimportant stat whether it is a pro, con, or neither, due to too many active variables on the stun chance that muddy the results. Stun Resistance as a pro, con, or neutral all seem to be too randomized to effect gameplay in any, I guess "tangible," measurable way. People can't seem to notice whether or not it works, as many have brought up. Seems the implementation took the wrong direction.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

So if I use the same counselor with no perks, equipped with the same weapon, and hit Jason x amount of times... I should be able to see the difference between stun resistance as a strength/weakness, right? So higher strength yields higher stun chance, when equipped with a high stun chance weapon, right @mattshotcha?

That should be the case. By removing all other variables, you should see the performance of the stun resistance variable. Now, I'm still awaiting further detail from the team to be sure, but that is my understanding. 

1 hour ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@mattshotcha Any chance that Stun Resistance could be re-worked to apply to stun duration? The current implementation makes it an unimportant stat whether it is a pro, con, or neither, due to too many active variables on the stun chance that muddy the results. Stun Resistance as a pro, con, or neutral all seem to be too randomized to effect gameplay in any, I guess "tangible," measurable way. People can't seem to notice whether or not it works, as many have brought up. Seems the implementation took the wrong direction.

I, unfortunately, do not see that being in the scope of the project at this time. It is a lower than intended impact on game play, but it is not something that is game breaking to the point of elevating it in priority, especially at this extremely late stage in the game's life. If I'm being as transparent and honest as I like to be, I have to admit that the stun situation in game is something that evolved over time in a way that lead to these variables stacking in directions that were not always intended. Stun is tied firmly to a wide variety of factors in game, and touching all of that now would not be wise. 

That said, it is definitely a solid basis to report on, in the post mortem sense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well that stat definitely felt irrelevant from the beginning. None of the Jason's with this as a weakness suffer one bit whatsoever. Part 9 gets absolutely nothing out of having it as a strength.

Bottom line, many of the stats could'v been been made more elaborate and detailed but what are you gonna do. Grip Strength is another one that definitely could've been more elaborate from the start. 3 years later and a lawsuit put that to bed. Though I've always been skeptical of the state of the game even if the lawsuit wasn't a thing right now as we sit here in 2020.

The industry standard may be quick deaths for many games on average, but I can assure that not every game dies within such a time span. By dying meaning scope of support and changes, not so much x amount of playerbase still playing. Yes this game had the unfortunate lawsuit nonsense, but outside of that, its not always the same.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 9:38 AM, HuDawg said:

The best Jasons will always insist on using flashy environmental kills instead of hitting the first kill available.    

 

Until the counselor kicks out for the 8th time, then you bet your ass they're going to use something a little quicker.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Until the counselor kicks out for the 8th time, then you bet your ass they're going to use something a little quicker.

if its someone like chad or tiff then yeah ill take my time otherwise ill just use one of the grab kills

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/29/2020 at 1:21 PM, mattshotcha said:

From my understanding, the stun resistance stat is supposed to be a variable of the likelihood to BE stunned, not the duration of the stun.

Where this gets muddy is the amount of variation of stun chance on different weapons, as well as different perks applied and counselor strength. 

If I'm not mistaken, and I've already sent out a query for more info to verify, the reason the trait seems unreliable is due to the heavy amount of variables applied to stun chances. But stun resistance should act as the opposite, counter power to stun chance.

Whoa...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Please sign in to comment

You will be able to leave a comment after signing in



Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...