The Wise

How does Stun Resistance work?

Speaking about Jason Part 9 to be exact, it feels as if there is no difference when he gets stunned compared to other Jason's. His Stun Resistance should decrease the chance and duration of being stunned, but it seems to last 5 seconds like the others. Is it not working? Can someone give me a detailed explanation of how it works and how to use it to your advantage?

Either was never coded into the game, or not coded correctly depending on who you hear explain it. It's been a well know fact for a while that stun resistance is horse poop. Don't give it any mind at all when selecting your Jason.

• Thanks 1

It's odd because I recall when Jason part 9 first got his own theme that the stun resistance was incredibly effective at the time, he was one of my favorites just because of that. Rather than 5 seconds I would only be stunned for 3, the exception being with the shotgun. Now here I am after a two year absence coming back and feeling like they removed his stun resistance suddenly haha

30 minutes ago, The Wise said:

It's odd because I recall when Jason part 9 first got his own theme that the stun resistance was incredibly effective at the time, he was one of my favorites just because of that. Rather than 5 seconds I would only be stunned for 3, the exception being with the shotgun. Now here I am after a two year absence coming back and feeling like they removed his stun resistance suddenly haha

If it makes you feel any better, they removed the possibility of getting stunned by melee weapons after entering Rage (unless the hit breaks your mask).

29 minutes ago, The Wise said:

Knowing this game as well as I do, I wouldn't be surprised if it worked at one point, and then it got fried after one of the many patches and updates that all bring their own set of bugs with them. People who know a hell of a lot more about game programming than me though, will insist it was never coded in, and has never been a working function in a game. The one thing I do know for sure is that currently stun resistance is not a working mechanic in the game, and most likely never was. Our own perceptions can be strong influencers at times for better or worse. 

I remember one time near launch that it certainly seemed like it worked back then. One time a Buggzy player stunned my Part 8 Jason with a bat, and even after the stun meter disappeared, Jason was stuck standing for an additional, what felt like 10 seconds. It was insane. So maybe they tried to patch Stun Resistance but ended up breaking it.

It was never coded in. There is no such thing and there never was. To make up for this wasted strength/weakness slot I vote getting rid of -shifts slow speed. They can keep the 40 second recharge to balance it out.

Stun Resistance seems like it would have been a pretty valuable trait to have. Grip Strength, however, was made entirely pointless from the get-go. There's very little point in making it harder for counselors to kick out of your grabs if you can insta-kill them immediately after grabbing.

• Like 1

The only time you have a good chance at breaking out of Jason's grab (without a PK obviously) is if he grab you in a tight space and can't find enough room to perform a kill in time, or if Jason intentionally lets you go. 

15 minutes ago, YouAndYourFriendsAreDead said:

The only time you have a good chance at breaking out of Jason's grab (without a PK obviously) is if he grab you in a tight space and can't find enough room to perform a kill in time, or if Jason intentionally lets you go. 

Or if the Jason-player is a dumbass and insists on trying to use a flashy environmental kill instead of just hitting the first kill available.

21 hours ago, The Wise said:

Speaking about Jason Part 9 to be exact, it feels as if there is no difference when he gets stunned compared to other Jason's. His Stun Resistance should decrease the chance and duration of being stunned, but it seems to last 5 seconds like the others. Is it not working? Can someone give me a detailed explanation of how it works and how to use it to your advantage?

Its all B.S , every Jason gets stunned and knocked on their ass , I’m not sure if it ever worked, but if it did, that was years ago.

Hm considering it was never coded in the game & since pt.9 is the only one released with it as a strength (excluding Uber) I think a proper replacement for it would be weapon strength but this is just my opinion.

15 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Or if the Jason-player is a dumbass and insists on trying to use a flashy environmental kill instead of just hitting the first kill available.

As long as it's not a constant choke or decapitation kill cause those are getting tiresome.

17 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Stun Resistance seems like it would have been a pretty valuable trait to have. Grip Strength, however, was made entirely pointless from the get-go. There's very little point in making it harder for counselors to kick out of your grabs if you can insta-kill them immediately after grabbing.

Well I like grip strength but I understand your opinion on it however I think what would make it better if it took 2 hits for Jason to let go of a counselor if they're either in pairs or 2 man army.

5 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Well I like grip strength but I understand your opinion on it however I think what would make it better if it took 2 hits for Jason to let go of a counselor if they're either in pairs or 2 man army.

Know what I've always wondered? Where did the idea of grab-kills come from in the first place. Who was it that said, "Hey, instead of just having Jason swing his weapon, let's have him grab someone by the neck, lift them off the ground, and hit a button"?

On 9/27/2020 at 7:53 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

I remember one time near launch that it certainly seemed like it worked back then. One time a Buggzy player stunned my Part 8 Jason with a bat, and even after the stun meter disappeared, Jason was stuck standing for an additional, what felt like 10 seconds. It was insane. So maybe they tried to patch Stun Resistance but ended up breaking it.

It could be possible that the Buggzy player was running Heavy Hitter. I've seen vids on YouTube where HH was an absolute game changer early on, especially when combined with Sucker Punch and Swift Attacker. Then they went and completely obliterated HH by nerfing it to a fraction of a second additional stun time.

55 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Know what I've always wondered? Where did the idea of grab-kills come from in the first place. Who was it that said, "Hey, instead of just having Jason swing his weapon, let's have him grab someone by the neck, lift them off the ground, and hit a button"?

Well if it was like that I don't think the game wouldn't have gotten where it is today plus remember it's a peusdo movie game so they had to add something so it wouldn't make the game too easy for Jason.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, RetroJason89 said:

Well if it was like that I don't think the game wouldn't have gotten where it is today plus remember it's a peusdo movie game so they had to add something so it wouldn't make the game too easy for Jason.

Agreed and not to mention innovative kills is Friday the 13th speciality.....without them The game just wouldn’t be as awesome or fun.

38 minutes ago, OCT 31 1978 said:

Agreed and not to mention innovative kills is Friday the 13th speciality.....without them The game just wouldn’t be as awesome or fun.

I mean granted I would love a 1 shot (possibly 2 shot) kill when as Jason but again balancing however it could be something for a rage buff but I doubt it.

*EDIT* This is one of the reasons why I would love a 1 shot kill especially when against trolls

tumblr_mqnrxvdOnU1spq12ao1_500.gif

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

I mean granted I would love a 1 shot (possibly 2 shot) kill when as Jason but again balancing however it could be something for a rage buff but I doubt it.

*EDIT* This is one of the reasons why I would love a 1 shot kill especially when against trolls

tumblr_mqnrxvdOnU1spq12ao1_500.gif

We actually had something similar for a while.

On 9/27/2020 at 10:06 PM, HaHaTrumpWon said:

The best Jasons will always insist on using flashy environmental kills instead of hitting the first kill available.    

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

From my understanding, the stun resistance stat is supposed to be a variable of the likelihood to BE stunned, not the duration of the stun.

Where this gets muddy is the amount of variation of stun chance on different weapons, as well as different perks applied and counselor strength. 

If I'm not mistaken, and I've already sent out a query for more info to verify, the reason the trait seems unreliable is due to the heavy amount of variables applied to stun chances. But stun resistance should act as the opposite, counter power to stun chance.

8 hours ago, mattshotcha said:

y, the reason the trait seems unreliable is due to the heavy amount of variables applied to stun chances.

When a counselor hits Jason stun resistance has a chance to trigger.

Normal Jasons could have a 10% chance.

More stun resistance should have something like a 30% chance.

Less stun resistance ones don't have at all. Like a 0% chance.

If that triggers, Jason doesn't get stunned no matter what. It is simple and practical (I guess I don't understand anything about coding)