Sign in to follow this  
WoodsboroCollector

Just Purchased...

Hi - so I’m a long time Friday the 13th fan but haven’t got round to playing this game, I purchased the Ultimate Slasher edition on eBay today so just waiting for that to arrive. I have a few questions regarding the game:

1) I’ve played games such as Dead by Daylight, is this similar in gameplay or more harder/easier?
2) How long does it take to get into the game;(Xbox One) conscious the game came out a few years ago and remember hearing about legal issues, is there a big enough community to play with?  
3) Future DLC? 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, WoodsboroCollector said:

Hi - so I’m a long time Friday the 13th fan but haven’t got round to playing this game, I purchased the Ultimate Slasher edition on eBay today so just waiting for that to arrive. I have a few questions regarding the game:

1) I’ve played games such as Dead by Daylight, is this similar in gameplay or more harder/easier?
2) How long does it take to get into the game;(Xbox One) conscious the game came out a few years ago and remember hearing about legal issues, is there a big enough community to play with?  
3) Future DLC? 

Welcome to the forum. 

1. IMO the gameplay for Friday is much better, and they are significantly different.

2. On Xbox, yes there is still a sizable though dwindling player-base. I rarely have trouble finding a pub match, and run into all sorts of differen't people. The game does have a steep learning curve for new players. Life can be rough for Jason in particular,  so I always suggest starting off playing with your preference set to counselor. Play a few matches as Jason against offline bots first before you jump into a pub lobby as the big guy. Nothing will turn you off this game faster than playing your very first match as Jason against a lobby of experienced counselors.

3. No, future DLC. Content has been dead because of the lawsuit since 2018. 

At it's core, the game has it's flaws, but is still a really fun experience if you stick with it long enough to make it through the growing pains. There are a lot of good tutorial videos on Youtube that are very useful to help new players learn the basics, and a handful of players of this forum willing to offer advice to newbies. Welcome to  the game, enjoy it while it lasts!

• Like 2