Sign in to follow this  
xXAXONXx

reporting works?

jelow, i need to know if the profile steam report for using hack works?, cause me and 24 more players reported a single guy that was hacking like 8 months ago, and i see the hacker again and was not banned, that profile report works or dont? i need to know, weird he is not banned and is still using hack D:

Did you provide sufficient proof that the person you're reporting is cheating?

Reporting on Steam itself is a waste of time unless it pertains to the discussion boards. Jasonkillsbugs is nearly as bad although they have banned a few players that I submitted with video evidence.You have to give every detail and time stamp and provide their Steam URL and even then some do not get banned it's a very inconsistent and flawed reporting system at best. I have proven this many times.Some videos on my YT channel sat for weeks or months with zero views after submitting to JKB and YES I received a email confirmation after every report and still no views.I wish they would put JKB as a short comment on submitted videos so you know they viewed it.

19 hours ago, Kodiak said:

Did you provide sufficient proof that the person you're reporting is cheating?

No i didnt, i thought was not necessary to do that, i thougt reporting with taht devs will follow the guy

17 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

Reporting on Steam itself is a waste of time unless it pertains to the discussion boards. Jasonkillsbugs is nearly as bad although they have banned a few players that I submitted with video evidence.You have to give every detail and time stamp and provide their Steam URL and even then some do not get banned it's a very inconsistent and flawed reporting system at best. I have proven this many times.Some videos on my YT channel sat for weeks or months with zero views after submitting to JKB and YES I received a email confirmation after every report and still no views.I wish they would put JKB as a short comment on submitted videos so you know they viewed it.

are you telling me that only reporting by that steam option that i already said in the post is a waste of time? omg but we all 24 players did it1

It's up to Steam to contact Gun or any developer to ban anyone from a game the way I understand it. Game bans are issued by the developer of the game NOT Steam themselves. VAC bans are a bit different, I think those are caught by the games anti cheat protection and Easy Anti Cheat is not very good and easy to get around that is why you see so many hackers on F13 or DBD as they both use EAC. Anyone I've reported using Steams report system has never gotten banned to my knowledge at least on F13 maybe different on other Steam games. It also depends on what you call "hacking" you didn't describe what they were doing .If it was a "exploit" those aren't bannable.

15 hours ago, TimDuke 01 said:

It's up to Steam to contact Gun or any developer to ban anyone from a game the way I understand it. Game bans are issued by the developer of the game NOT Steam themselves. VAC bans are a bit different, I think those are caught by the games anti cheat protection and Easy Anti Cheat is not very good and easy to get around that is why you see so many hackers on F13 or DBD as they both use EAC. Anyone I've reported using Steams report system has never gotten banned to my knowledge at least on F13 maybe different on other Steam games. It also depends on what you call "hacking" you didn't describe what they were doing .If it was a "exploit" those aren't bannable.

so that report is useless 

More than likely yes and what were they doing that you considered a "hack"? As I pointed out what 1 persons hack is another persons "exploit"