Sign in to follow this  
Jason Todd Voorhees

Ideas for a Fan Film?

Every since I was a kid watching Friday the 13th I always wanted to play that role of Jason.
In early 2019, I asked Kane Hodder for his blessing/approval and he said Yes, this was something amazing for me to ask for someone I look up to for years on end.
In mid 2019, I was making my own ideas for a fan film a lot of stuff was deleted for obvious reasons of it either being too unoriginal to people or just people doing it.
As of 2020 I threw a lot of my original ideas.
  • Vengeance with their introduction of Elias Voorhees, which I also had an idea of bringing in his "father" but this was there's and well I didn't want to look like a "Well you copied" them and stuff.
  • Never Hike Alone in the Snow is also another which was always a discussion with Jason being able to kill in the Snow so that idea was also something I had but Stomp Films is producing such a thing.
  • Friday the 13th: Rose Blood is doing a continuation of Part VII
So I am asking for any other ideas for me to try to do, it could be a continuation like with Vengeance/Rose Blood or with NHA with something new and nothing to do with the overall sequels.

Before anyone ask I am hoping to do a Part VII sequel (a Personal Goal lol) and then that sequel being it's own entirely new Jason design.

This thread is basically to see what the fans want to see and what not to see or what to do with Jason and what not to do with Jason, My main thing is....I dont want to do what Halloween 4-Resurrection did for Michael which made him to Humanized and to Obvious with the plot.

Any Ideas/Help? (These Tags is to help get the discussion started: @OCT 31 1978 @Fair Play @Dragonfire82877 @Slasher_Clone @Redcat345 @Big Daddy J)
  • Like 3

Hey man, I appreciate the tag.
Some of the people you tagged might still check in at camp but not very often as of late. I was just stopping by myself and thought I’d say hi. 

As to what you’re trying to do, I wish you the best of luck. Making a fan film is very hard. It’s possible though so don’t be discouraged.

In your shoes I’d start small working on a few things at the same time. You need a script, you need to find places you can shoot it, you need to do some camera tests and workout how your going to handle lighting. Playing Jason will be the easy part. 

As for a script, Never Hike Alone is the best example. Keep it simple but you can expand the cast, no more than 3 people as characters that you follow to the camp (assuming that’s where it takes place), assume 2 will die and pick deaths that are film able. Other secondary characters can add weight to a story. It’s easy enough to have an older man or woman play a sheriff standing over a bloody sheet covered body or as a coroner covering said body and telling someone ‘He’s back!’.
Make the girl the hero and final girl, she doesn’t have to physically beat Jason. Set an expectation in people’s minds early, using the above example of a sheriff or coroner, have them state he never enters a specific place. Could be a house near the lake or the graveyard, locals would have a different understanding of Jason now than they did back in the eighties and nineties. 

Here’s an idea that’s pretty simple....

Imagine if kids (young adults) have started going out to crystal lake and daring him to get them before they can make it out to the Graveyard, the Sheriff and Coroner can talk over a body of the last person who failed. The three who go out maybe one of them doesn’t know that’s what’s going to happen (the final girl), I mean they (the other 2) don’t think it’s real. Of course Jason will show up before anything really naughty can occur and then it really is a race for the Graveyard. 
If you include Shift/Morph, you could have them split up and when one of them gets to the graveyard gets killed anyway, you establish a rule people believe and then dispel it by having it not be true. The second runner, the girl can go for help and get to it in the nick of time. (Close with the Sheriff pointing out they keep running to the wrong Graveyard and that his mothers grave is else where.

Anyway, there’s an idea, hope it helps. 

• Like 2

Cool thread I definitely want to post some ideas here for you I am at work now so later today I will post some stuff for you.

@Slasher_Clone always good to see you pop in buddy.

******Edit*******

@Jason Todd Voorhees
Ok here Is one of the story ideas that I’ve been throwing around in my head for quite a while.....it’s more Of a Supernatural Story....and Jason doesn’t come into it until the very end but here it goes.....

Camp Crystal Lake is run down and has been dormant for years.....quiet.....No missing campers, no killing, no Jason.....

All the locals know that Camp Crystal Lake is Haunted by the Vengeful Spirit of Jason Voorhees his legendary 80’s massacres At the lake are still told to Warn any outsiders who come to town....

A group of 4 friends who are Paranormal investors Like The Ghost Hunters decide to investigate the supposedly Haunted Camp......they want to Investigate and debunk the stories of Ghostly apparitions that float above the lake in cabins and around the grounds, the voices in the woods the wailing of a vengeful Mother and of course......

the rumors of an undead killer.

Two of the people in the group don’t take the stories as seriously as the other two and are more Interested in investigating each other.

As they set up Their equipment:

I would have scenes with the group Or each person individually just missing seeing the Ghosts of Past victims around the camp/cabins/ archery range ect....

When setting up at the Lake a ghostly hand comes up from the water reaching for one of the team members.....as they feel the unease building they Turn and see nothing.

As the Team conducts EVP sessions in the cabins the team records voices, and warnings..... the past victims tell them they are.... doomed.....

This concerns the Two who are taking this investigation seriously but the Two who aren’t believe it’s a set up by the other two they all Agree to continue the investigation.....

As they continue they hear voices in the woods......They all decided to follow the sounds....

This leads them to a run down empty shack in the middle of the woods....They continue their EVP session The answers to their question Terrify them to their core...

Is there anyone here?
Yesssss....

who is this? A victim of Jason Voorhees?

Mrssssss Vooooorhees....

Want is it you want?

Makkkke youuu sufffffer.

The equipment blows out and their flashlights flicker on and off and burn out they scream as one of them scramble to change out the batteries in the flashlight as they click it on Pamela Voorhees’ Zombie face looms over them and screams at the top of her lungs... “Make them pay Jason!!!”

The Flashlight bursts......the team screams in the Dark......and we now for the first time hear the classic ......KiKiKiKi MaMaMa.......it repeats KiKiKiKi MaMaMaMa.......

The group runs out of the shack, in front of them Stands the giant undead Hockey masked killer.....Jason is back he is real..... the team Screams and scatters.......KiKiKiKi MaMaMaMa...

This is where I leave the story idea in your hands......do they live? Do they all die it’s up to you.....

Hope you enjoyed it.

I will Add more story ideas tomorrow.

• Like 2

On 9/21/2020 at 11:53 AM, Slasher_Clone said:

Hey man, I appreciate the tag.
Some of the people you tagged might still check in at camp but not very often as of late. I was just stopping by myself and thought I’d say hi. 

As to what you’re trying to do, I wish you the best of luck. Making a fan film is very hard. It’s possible though so don’t be discouraged.

In your shoes I’d start small working on a few things at the same time. You need a script, you need to find places you can shoot it, you need to do some camera tests and workout how your going to handle lighting. Playing Jason will be the easy part. 

As for a script, Never Hike Alone is the best example. Keep it simple but you can expand the cast, no more than 3 people as characters that you follow to the camp (assuming that’s where it takes place), assume 2 will die and pick deaths that are film able. Other secondary characters can add weight to a story. It’s easy enough to have an older man or woman play a sheriff standing over a bloody sheet covered body or as a coroner covering said body and telling someone ‘He’s back!’.
Make the girl the hero and final girl, she doesn’t have to physically beat Jason. Set an expectation in people’s minds early, using the above example of a sheriff or coroner, have them state he never enters a specific place. Could be a house near the lake or the graveyard, locals would have a different understanding of Jason now than they did back in the eighties and nineties. 

Here’s an idea that’s pretty simple....

Imagine if kids (young adults) have started going out to crystal lake and daring him to get them before they can make it out to the Graveyard, the Sheriff and Coroner can talk over a body of the last person who failed. The three who go out maybe one of them doesn’t know that’s what’s going to happen (the final girl), I mean they (the other 2) don’t think it’s real. Of course Jason will show up before anything really naughty can occur and then it really is a race for the Graveyard. 
If you include Shift/Morph, you could have them split up and when one of them gets to the graveyard gets killed anyway, you establish a rule people believe and then dispel it by having it not be true. The second runner, the girl can go for help and get to it in the nick of time. (Close with the Sheriff pointing out they keep running to the wrong Graveyard and that his mothers grave is else where.

Anyway, there’s an idea, hope it helps. 

Firstly thanks for the advice/heads up I know film making isn't as easy as what others make it out to be! I gotta look for ALOT from audio help,cameramen/women, to just finding special effects people who an work for a long time for different body parts and other such things so yeah gotta go with a profitable salary and insurance and etc for people, I can def do Jason but I can't see myself not doing the stunts myself LOL.

Secondly that is def something I will be considering with a sheriff who knows the "Legends"

On 9/21/2020 at 12:26 PM, OCT 31 1978 said:

Cool thread I definitely want to post some ideas here for you I am at work now so later today I will post some stuff for you.

@Slasher_Clone always good to see you pop in buddy.

******Edit*******
Ok here Is one of the story ideas that I’ve been throwing around in my head for quite a while.....it’s more Of a Supernatural Story....and Jason doesn’t come into it until the very end but here it goes.....

Camp Crystal Lake is run down and has been dormant for years.....quiet.....No missing campers, no killing, no Jason.....

All the locals know that Camp Crystal Lake is Haunted by the Vengeful Spirit of Jason Voorhees his legendary 80’s massacres At the lake are still told to Warn any outsiders who come to town....

A group of 4 friends who are Paranormal investors Like The Ghost Hunters decide to investigate the supposedly Haunted Camp......they want to Investigate and debunk the stories of Ghostly apparitions that float above the lake in cabins and around the grounds, the voices in the woods the wailing of a vengeful Mother and of course......

the rumors of an undead killer.

Two of the people in the group don’t take the stories as seriously as the other two and are more Interested in investing each other.

As they set up Their equipment:

I would have scenes with the group Or each person individually just missing seeing the Ghosts of Past victims around the camp/cabins/ archery range ect....

When setting up at the Lake a ghostly hand comes up from the water reaching for one of the team members.....as they feel the unease building they Turn and see nothing.

As the Team conducts EVP sessions in the cabins the team records voices, and warnings..... they are.... doomed.....

This concerns the Two who are taking this investigation seriously but the Two who aren’t believe it’s a set up by the other two they all Agree to continue the investigation.....

As they continue they hear voices in the woods......They all decided to follow the sounds....

This leads them to a run down empty shack in the middle of the woods....They continue their EVP session The answers to their question Terrify them to their core...

Is there anyone here?
Yesssss....

who is this? A victim of Jason Voorhees?

Mrssssss Vooooorhees....

Want is it you want?

Makkkke youuu sufffffer.

The equipment blows out and their flashlights flicker on and off and burn out they scream as one of them scramble to change out the batteries in the flashlight as they click it on Pamela Voorhees’ Zombie face looms over them and screams at the top of her lungs... “Make them pay Jason!!!”

The Flashlight bursts......the team screams in the Dark......and we now for the first time hear the classic ......KiKiKiKi MaMaMa.......it repeats KiKiKiKi MaMaMaMa.......

The group runs out of the shack, in front of them Stands the giant undead Hockey masked killer.....Jason is back he is real..... the team Screams and scatters.......KiKiKiKi MaMaMaMa...

This is where I leave the story idea in your hands......do they live? Do they all die it’s up to you.....

Hope you enjoyed it.

I will Add more story ideas tomorrow.

Thats very very interesting! I think I could add such a concept as a "Prelude" during Jason's death but also during a part 6 proluding!

On 9/21/2020 at 10:45 PM, Fair Play said:

This is a very ambitious project @Jason Todd Voorhees. If anyone can do this, it's you.

One thing I would have liked to see is a Tommy Jarvis / Tina Shepard teamup.

Def something I got planned up for! :D

• Like 3

On 9/23/2020 at 1:18 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

!Def something I got planned up for! :D

You are the man!

• Like 1