Added:

On 9/26/2020 at 6:36 PM, Carlso said:

To Jason kneel, it has to be a hit on his back

• Chad allows players to roll valuable perks more frequently due to having the highest Luck stat.

On 11/20/2020 at 4:45 PM, The Noble Idiot said:

If a counselor is in the middle of climbing through a window, breaking it with a throwing knife will deal an amount of damage identical to jumping through it.

Jumping through a window and breaking it or jumping through an already broken window deals more damage than climbing slowly through an already broken window. So what you are saying is that Jason smashing a window mid-slow climb deals jump through damage, am I right? Which is interesting, because I always felt it did slow climb damage.

Also, if a knife hits the counselor mid-climb or whilst they are in the stand up animation, they will receive knife damage only and no broken window damage. So can you confirm you are not mistaking the damage amount to be that of a knife? Meanwhile I will test it, cheers. ...Or can anyone confirm the above quote please?

1 hour ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Jumping through a window and breaking it or jumping through an already broken window deals more damage than climbing slowly through an already broken window. So what you are saying is that Jason smashing a window mid-slow climb deals jump through damage, am I right? Which is interesting, because I always felt it did slow climb damage.

Also, if a knife hits the counselor mid-climb or whilst they are in the stand up animation, they will receive knife damage only and no broken window damage. So can you confirm you are not mistaking the damage amount to be that of a knife? Meanwhile I will test it, cheers. ...Or can anyone confirm the above quote please.

Never mind, I tested it with a bot offline. It does slow climb damage: my bad.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:22 PM, The Noble Idiot said:

Never mind, I tested it with a bot offline. It does slow climb damage: my bad.

Thought as much. No worries. At least it's been clarified.

Tip: Smashing an open window that a counselor has jumped through will deal jump through damage. So a swift knife to the back, once the stand up animation has ended, will get them limping if they do not have Thick Skinned equipped.

On 11/20/2020 at 10:45 AM, The Noble Idiot said:

If a counselor is in the middle of climbing through a window, breaking it with a throwing knife will deal an amount of damage identical to a direct hit.

The version I heard is that breaking the window while they're climbing through deals the same damage as when they climb through a broken window normally. Maybe knife damage and broken window damage are already quite similar to each other.

On 11/22/2020 at 3:14 PM, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

The version I heard is that breaking the window while they're climbing through deals the same damage as when they climb through a broken window normally. Maybe knife damage and broken window damage are already quite similar to each other.

The version you heard is correct. But knife damage and broken window damage are not all that similar. Knife damage does a nice chunk of HP damage; equivalent to a slash from a +Weapon Strength Jason. Whereas climbing through a broken window does small damage; the lowest damage output in the game. And diving through a closed window or an already broken window deals decent damage; equivalent to a neutral Weapon Strength Jason slash. So if Jason smashes a window whilst a counselor is performing a climbing or diving animation then they will receive the damage amount corresponding to that action. But if they are hit by a knife before the climbing/diving animation has ended, they will receive knife damage only.

So my process when playing Jason in a window scenerio is as follows:

• Is the counselor climbing through the window (broken or unbroken)? If so, then hit them with a knife asap to deal knife damage (overwriting any climbing broken window damage) and to cancel their climbing action.
  • Did the counselor dive through a closed window? If so, then hit them with a knife asap to deal knife damage in addition to the diving broken window damage they received.
  • Did the counselor dive through an already broken window? If so, wait until they have completed the dive animation and standing up, then hit them with a knife to deal additional knife damage.
  • Did the counselor dive through an open window? If so, smash the window in combat stance so they receive diving broken window damage, wait until they have completed the dive animation and standing up, then hit them with a knife to deal additional knife damage.

The last three actions will all deal max damage and put any counselor not running Thick Skinned into an injured state. Also, the timing on the completion of the dive animation must be adhered to. I use the counselor's 2 steps they take when they stand up as an indicator of when to throw my knife. However, the completion rule does not apply if they broke the window during their initial dive.

16 hours ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

@F13 Seppuku Squad I suppose the myth occurred when someone was near the limp threshold and Jason threw a knife when they climbed through the window, so to the counselor player it appeared as if it did big damage.

Yeah, that could well be it. My info is derived from a Tommy86 vid, and I tested all window climb/dive scenerios yesterday night to confirm HP damage amounts - no prior damage, no perks equipped... Not that I ever doubted Mr. 86.

so lightfoot makes aj "invisible"?  guess i can trade an extra QTE for being completely unnoticeable.

3 hours ago, ULTIMA said:

so lightfoot makes aj "invisible"?  guess i can trade an extra QTE for being completely unnoticeable.

It's an almost undetectable perk for those not that experience with Jason.

On 11/25/2020 at 11:09 PM, ULTIMA said:

From across the map, yes. But if Jason uses Sense, and she is in range, expect her to glow red. Therefore you'll need to manage her fear by staying well away from Jason, in well lit areas and by not seeing dead bodies etc. The higher your fear, the bigger Jason's Sense range is. When he is in Rage mode his Sense range can pretty much cover the entire map regardless of fear, so look to escape asap.

On 11/28/2020 at 9:11 AM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

From across the map, yes. But if Jason uses Sense, and she is in range, expect her to glow red. Therefore you'll need to manage her fear by staying well away from Jason, in well lit areas and by not seeing dead bodies etc. The higher your fear, the bigger Jason's Sense range is. When he is in Rage mode his Sense range can pretty much cover the entire map regardless of fear, so look to escape asap.

Rage Mode=Weakness? 

12 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Rage Mode=Weakness? 

Your post is quite vague, dude. But from a stealth perspective, when Jason is raging he no longer needs to look for noise pings to detect a counselor's rough location/direction. He can just use his Sense ability to see exactly where they are and spam it more frequently. Thus, Lightfoot on even A.J./Tommy becomes redundant once Rage mode kicks in.