7 hours ago, Carlso said:

I also like the trolling swimmer AJ. Low Profile + Level Headed + Quiet Swimmer. Wait still Jason is busy chasing someone than go to the end of the lake by swimming. As long as your composure level is good, Jason will never see you; and on his brief attempts to check the lake, these perks will negate 60% of his chance to find you. Very good to troll friends.

I don't agree that spamming sense is annoying... But to be fair I've been doing it so often for so long, I basically do it on instinct now. Good job finding a practical use for Quiet Swimmer though. About time somebody did. 👍

On 9/19/2020 at 6:33 PM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Counselor selection and stats have no bearing on stun chance, dude. I was recounting a regular hit with Chad that failed despite running a 25% Sucker Punch (Epic or Legendary makes no difference also). So whether it's Chad or Tommy, it doesn't matter as the same stun chance mechanics and probabilities apply in both a regular hit situation and the kill situation. Nevertheless, I hear what you're saying and understand why you are so steadfast in your opinion. May that run of 0 fails keep going for you.

You know, I had a moment of hilarity happen very recently that reminded me of this thread. A couple of friends and I were going around killing random Jasons a couple of nights ago. We're on Pinehurst, I'm Tommy, and we're having a bit of trouble getting the mask off. I was out of med spray and got crippled, so Jason quit trying to slash SG and came after me instead because... of course he did. As soon as he gets close enough, I swing and the mask comes off. SG does her thing, I hit him, and he rage-quits after dropping to his knees, apparently not even realizing the axe broke on the final hit. If he'd hung around about 5 seconds he probably would have noticed this, but because he was in such a hurry to demonstrate his pussy-ness, he quit what would most likely have been an 8/8.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

You know, I had a moment of hilarity happen very recently that reminded me of this thread. A couple of friends and I were going around killing random Jasons a couple of nights ago. We're on Pinehurst, I'm Tommy, and we're having a bit of trouble getting the mask off. I was out of med spray and got crippled, so Jason quit trying to slash SG and came after me instead because... of course he did. As soon as he gets close enough, I swing and the mask comes off. SG does her thing, I hit him, and he rage-quits after dropping to his knees, apparently not even realizing the axe broke on the final hit. If he'd hung around about 5 seconds he probably would have noticed this, but because he was in such a hurry to demonstrate his pussy-ness, he quit what would most likely have been an 8/8.

Ha ha. They were probably feeling well smug with themselves for quitting and supposedly denying you the kill - as much of a bitch-move as it is. But little did they know you got the last laugh... It's been a while since I've been killed as Jason, just due to having built up a better understanding of the game. And, because, you know, of course all QP players are noobs, trash, wet behind the ears, yada yada. But if I am ever in a position to die then I'll hold that 'L' because I deserve it for letting them get me into that predicament. Never understood quitters who leave either as Jason or a counselor right before they die. Never have and never will.

16 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Ha ha. They were probably feeling well smug with themselves for quitting and supposedly denying you the kill - as much of a bitch-move as it is. But little did they know you got the last laugh... It's been a while since I've been killed as Jason, just due to having built up a better understanding of the game. And, because, you know, of course all QP players are noobs, trash, wet behind the ears, yada yada. But if I am ever in a position to die then I'll hold that 'L' because I deserve it for letting them get me into that predicament. Never understood quitters who leave either as Jason or a counselor right before they die. Never have and never will.

Last time I got killed as Jason, I Stalk-Shifted right in Tommy's face and started hacking his ass to death without realizing that they had the sweater until they used it.

On 9/19/2020 at 12:01 PM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:
  • Jason can hear players conversing from anywhere on the map if their counselor has a walkie-talkie.

This one comes from players having loud TVs with their game chat coming through the TV, which is then picked up by their microphone, and Jason hears that person's TV through their microphone.

One that I heard years ago is "The Sweater Girl MUST be the one to hit Jason to his knees. No one else can knock Jason down for the kill."
Some idiot that played as Tommy did not know that Tommy could hit Jason to his knees when I used the sweater. He just stood there until Jason broke out of the stun and proceeded to berate me about how I needed to have hit Jason(I had no weapon). He screamed like a whiny bitch and wouldn't let me tell him that Tommy can do it too. Then he muted me. What a turd.

Some myths that I actually used to believe: 

1) Luck increases your chances to find a pocket knife (I think everyone believed on it at least once)

2) To Jason kneel, it has to be a hit on his back

3) Strength increases your HP

4) Less hit points means you have to do more button smashing when you fall down or kneel

5) Stun resistance is actually a thing

6) Low profile makes AJ's stealth 12.5

7) No Fear Jenny can get fear if Jason tunnels her for more than 15 minutes

8 ) Baseball bat is a guaranteed stun

• Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, VoorheesAJollyGoodFellow said:

This one comes from players having loud TVs with their game chat coming through the TV, which is then picked up by their microphone, and Jason hears that person's TV through their microphone.

One that I heard years ago is "The Sweater Girl MUST be the one to hit Jason to his knees. No one else can knock Jason down for the kill."
Some idiot that played as Tommy did not know that Tommy could hit Jason to his knees when I used the sweater. He just stood there until Jason broke out of the stun and proceeded to berate me about how I needed to have hit Jason(I had no weapon). He screamed like a whiny bitch and wouldn't let me tell him that Tommy can do it too. Then he muted me. What a turd.

Damn beginners. Was that a common shout that you came across or an individual idiotic player moment? Sounds like the latter.

1 hour ago, Carlso said:

1) Luck increases your chances to find a pocket knife (I think everyone believed on it at least once)

3) Strength increases your HP

4) Less hit points means you have to do more button smashing when you fall down or kneel

5) Stun resistance is actually a thing

6) Low profile makes AJ's stealth 12.5

7) No Fear Jenny can get fear if Jason tunnels her for more than 15 minutes

8 ) Baseball bat is a guaranteed stun

Yeah, everyone has/had their own little beliefs about the game at one point or another. That Luck one is defo on the list, and I remember us discussing the Stun Resistance thing a while back. Also, if I recall correctly the baseball bat did used to be 100% stun in the early days until it got nerfed.

Only really heard you mention hitting Jason on the back to get him to drop easier tbh. But that actually did remind me of another myth that I used to hear regularly - Jason's mask comes off quicker if you aim your melee attack at his face/head.

Escape Artist and Scout perks do not reduce the amount of button presses required to escape from Jason's grab or a bear trap. Instead they make the gauge meter speed up 1-15% faster when you're not pressing any button. So basically they're even more useless than I thought they were.

I tested default grip strength in private matches and these were the results;

Tommy Jarvis: 12 Button presses to escape / 24 when Jason is enraged
Jenny Myers: 16 Button presses to escape / 28 when Jason is enraged
Mitch Floyd: 17 Button presses to escape / 28 when Jason is enraged
Adam Palomino: 17 Button presses to escape / 34 when Jason is enraged
AJ Mason: 22 Button presses to escape / 45 when Jason is enraged
Kenny Riedell: 25 Button presses to escape / 50 when Jason is enraged
Deborah Kim: 33 button presses to escape / 52 when Jason is enraged
Vanessa Jones: 38 button presses to escape / 60 when Jason is enraged
Tiffany Cox: 47 button presses to escape / 64 when Jason is enraged

These were all tested against a neutral grip strength Jason.

Also the Spatial Awareness Perk doesn't seem to work either. I tested it on Tiffany and she stumbled 9 times without the perk (I jogged in circles around Jason until her stamina depleted) and then with the perk on she stumbled 8 times. Perk in question was Epic with a bonus of 25% and no penalties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Carlso said:

#2 Cracks me up. I've heard arguments for just about anything you can think of. You have to hit Jason from the back, on the side, in the front but slightly to the side, you have to use the bat, you have to use the axe from the shack, you have to use combat stance, you couldn't kill Jason indoors, Tommy has to be the one to knock him to his knees, Tommy can't be the one to knock him to his knees, Tommy or sweater girl has to be holding the mask to get the kill, Tommy has to use a machete.... You have to shoot Jason with a flare gun at the exact moment he's struck by lightning with at least one Tiffany in a bikini dancing in the background. You know, pretty much anything. It's no wonder people used to think killing Jason was difficult, or too convoluted to even attempt. 

I did used to think higher luck increased your chances for a better spawn, but that was mostly because of the few occasions I used Chad, I'd always seem to find better stuff. I also used to think higher luck gave you a higher chance to stun Jason.

When Jason enters Rage mode his hearing sense gets significantly weaker to compensate for his increased sense radius and shorter cooldown.
While in Rage, assuming it isn't Part 7 Jason, these counselors can jog silently: Adam, Fox, Kenny, Chad, Mitch, Victoria, Lachappa, Sheldon, Jenny. No matter how close they are they cease to make noise at all for Jason but only when he's enraged.

These can sprint without making any noise when Jason is enraged: Chad, Mitch, Victoria, Lachappa, Sheldon, Jenny, Deborah, Tiffany and AJ.
Kenny can sprint silently as long as he's outside of Jason's music cue.

Tommy does not make ANY noise when he sprints before and after rage. He's way quieter than AJ.

14 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

Mitch

That explains a lot

Cause I really feel it is easier to survive the night with Mitch

On 9/26/2020 at 11:16 PM, mike-hannigan said:

Escape Artist and Scout perks do not reduce the amount of button presses required to escape from Jason's grab or a bear trap. Instead they make the gauge meter speed up 1-15% faster when you're not pressing any button. So basically they're even more useless than I thought they were.

Nice input there. Personally I thought those perks made the increments of each button press bigger, meaning you manually fill up the bar quicker. But if it only speeds up the rate at which the bar autofills then that's pretty lame. Nevertheless, if the bar is constantly filling up automatically, in addtion to a player's button mashing, then that would technically mean the perks are still achieving their desired result, albeit very, very poorly. Did you happen to test any of those counselors without the perks equipped? That would be the telling difference as to whether or not the perks make any difference at all.

The test results are definitely thought-provoking. Escaping Jason's grab is based on a counselor's combination of Composure and Strength, and as such I feel that Adam escapes faster than Jenny. It would also explain why Buggzy has a pretty good escape speed despite having just 4 Composure. He definitely escapes quicker than A.J, and Mitch too IMO.

On 9/26/2020 at 11:16 PM, mike-hannigan said:

Also the Spatial Awareness Perk doesn't seem to work either. I tested it on Tiffany and she stumbled 9 times without the perk (I jogged in circles around Jason until her stamina depleted) and then with the perk on she stumbled 8 times. Perk in question was Epic with a bonus of 25% and no penalties.

This seems similar to the Heavy Hitter and Firecracker perks. The mechanics of the effects (stumble chance, stun duration and stun radius) are not a direct percentage increase as we would expect and instead do very little to enhance a character. As those perks actually have very marginal effects it makes them pointless to run. I did bring this up with the Community Leader but at this stage of the games life cycle it would be next to impossible to get a much needed perk rework. Therefore listing inadequate perks would just be too monotonous.

On 9/27/2020 at 12:23 AM, mike-hannigan said:

When Jason enters Rage mode his hearing sense gets significantly weaker to compensate for his increased sense radius and shorter cooldown.
While in Rage, assuming it isn't Part 7 Jason, these counselors can jog silently: Adam, Fox, Kenny, Chad, Mitch, Victoria, Lachappa, Sheldon, Jenny. No matter how close they are they cease to make noise at all for Jason but only when he's enraged.

These can sprint without making any noise when Jason is enraged: Chad, Mitch, Victoria, Lachappa, Sheldon, Jenny, Deborah, Tiffany and AJ.
Kenny can sprint silently as long as he's outside of Jason's music cue.

Tommy does not make ANY noise when he sprints before and after rage. He's way quieter than AJ.

I knew noise was greatly reduced when Jason was in Rage, but thanks for providing some clarification on that. However, I was not aware that sprinting noise was virtually squashed that much. I guess Sense becomes more prominent for Jason players once he is in Rage mode, so noise pings get easily overlooked. Also, I could almost swear that I've seen Tommy making noise pings, which did surprise me as I too was under the impression that he made no noise whatsoever. Either way I will verify all of the above during some gameplay tonight and then add to the list once confirmed. Thanks.

1 hour ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Nice input there. Personally I thought those perks made the increments of each button press bigger, meaning you manually fill up the bar quicker. But if it only speeds up the rate at which the bar autofills then that's pretty lame. Nevertheless, if the bar is constantly filling up automatically, in addtion to a player's button mashing, then that would technically mean the perks are still achieving their desired result, albeit very, very poorly. Did you happen to test any of those counselors without the perks equipped? That would be the telling difference as to whether or not the perks make any difference at all.

Unfortunately they don't make the increments bigger. When you're tapping X,A or E to break free, the autofill pauses so escape artist isn't even working when you're mashing buttons to break free. You can check this by letting your friend grab you, mash the break free button until the gauge is halfway full then stop. You'll notice that the gauge will freeze there for like 2-3 seconds until the auto fill catches up then it will continue to fill itself up.

The test results are definitely thought-provoking. Escaping Jason's grab is based on a counselor's combination of Composure and Strength, and as such I feel that Adam escapes faster than Jenny. It would also explain why Buggzy has a pretty good escape speed despite having just 4 Composure. He definitely escapes quicker than A.J, and Mitch too IMO.

I used to believe that he had the fastest escape speed too until I tested this in private matches, thoroughly. Count the taps  it takes to escape before and after rage and you'll be surprised. It seems that composure is the most important stat to break free from a grab and then strength adds some bonus to it.

Also stronger and weaker grip strength seems to give a boost/penalty of 7-10 %. For example against Roy, Kenny escaped in 22 / 44 taps (Almost like AJ) but then against Part 3 it took him 27/54 taps.

I knew noise was greatly reduced when Jason was in Rage, but thanks for providing some clarification on that. However, I was not aware that sprinting noise was virtually squashed that much. I guess Sense becomes more prominent for Jason players once he is in Rage mode, so noise pings get easily overlooked. Also, I could almost swear that I've seen Tommy making noise pings, which did surprise me as I too was under the impression that he made no noise whatsoever. Either way I will varify all of the above during some gameplay tonight and then add to the list once confirmed. Thanks.

Yeah Jason's hearing sense gets weaker during rage. All counselors still make big noise pings in the mini map but Jason has a harder time hearing them. However Part 7 Jason seems to have a greater hearing sense. He can hear AJ and Tiffany jogging from a considerable distance.. it's like all counselors get a (-) Minus 2 Stealth penalty when playing against him.

Because of his perfect composure and luck and stealth, Tommy secretly has a much higher stealth just like how Jenny and Mitch are way quieter than Chad and how AJ is quieter than Tiffany.

Tommy only makes noise when he swims but it's not that loud. Maybe he still makes noise against Part 7 when he sprints but I haven't tested that because you need a somewhat big party to get Tommy to spawn in private matches. hehe

If anyone is interested I also tested a 15% Man at Arms on all counselors, AJ, Tiffany and Vanessa benefit the least from it. If you want I can break down the number of successful weapon hits everyone gets with and without the perk on.

10 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

Unfortunately they don't make the increments bigger. When you're tapping X,A or E to break free, the autofill pauses so escape artist isn't even working when you're mashing buttons to break free. You can check this by letting your friend grab you, mash the break free button until the gauge is halfway full then stop. You'll notice that the gauge will freeze there for like 2-3 seconds until the auto fill catches up then it will continue to fill itself up.

Ok, so I checked this and you were spot on. The Escape Artist perk does only affect the auto-filling mechanic of the Break Free gauge and does not impact the manual button presses that a player makes. So assumably the same goes for the Scout perk as the mechanic is the same. That is shocking and practiacally renders those perks redundant - not that anyone used Scout anyway, lol. I will add this to the list.

Also, Jenny does indeed break out of Jason's grab 1 button press quicker than Adam, thus making her the fastest grab-escaping counselor. My theory on this is that the recent weakening of the Strength stat, which was implemented to make Jason's mask removal slightly harder, has now made Strength a touch less impactful when it comes to the breaking free mechanic.

10 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

Tommy only makes noise when he swims but it's not that loud. Maybe he still makes noise against Part 7 when he sprints but I haven't tested that because you need a somewhat big party to get Tommy to spawn in private matches. hehe

If anyone is interested I also tested a 15% Man at Arms on all counselors, AJ, Tiffany and Vanessa benefit the least from it. If you want I can break down the number of successful weapon hits everyone gets with and without the perk on.

Forgot to look out for the noise pings on Tommy but I did test my 15% Man At Arms perk. It seems I was off with the level of Luck that counselors are required to have in order for the perk to work. A Luck stat of 4 or higher is actually required to get an extra hit with a melee weapon (list updated accordingly). You mention that A.J., Tiffany and Vanessa benefit the least from MAA. But I found that only A.J. (1 Luck) got no extra hits and Tiff (4 Luck) and Vanessa (6 Luck) both got one. So it would be cool to see your numbers if they differ greatly from my general statement about 4 Luck being the minimum requirement to benefit from MAA.

52 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Also, Jenny does indeed break out of Jason's grab 1 button press quicker than Adam, thus making her the fastest grab-escaping counselor. My theory on this is that the recent weakening of the Strength stat, which was implemented to make Jason's mask removal slightly harder, has now made Strength a touch less impactful when it comes to the breaking free mechanic.

I tested this long ago before the Mask HP buff so I don't think that affects strength at all. If anything, I think that they lowered damage certain sharp weapons do to make de-masking harder. Also I heard that you must hit Jason 4 times minimum to get his mask off now. So basically if you already did 100% damage on him on the second hit, the mask will not come off until the fourth hit. (Someone talked about this on reddit so this isn't my theory).

55 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

So it would be cool to see your numbers if they differ greatly from my general statement about 4 Luck being the minimum requirement to benefit from MAA.

Untitled.png.f7431754e800d470cc581f2970c04a02.png
You will have to excuse my poor google sheet abilities lol. Either way. Number on the left represents the # of hits that weapon gets without the perk on and number on the right the # of hits with the perk on (15% Man at Arms). As you can see AJ, Tiffany and Vanessa barely get any extra hits with weapons whereas the other counselors get an extra hit with like every melee weapon.

Also forgot to test 2x4, branches and frying pans. But you get an idea already.

• Thanks 1

On 9/26/2020 at 6:16 PM, mike-hannigan said:

I tested default grip strength in private matches and these were the results;

Tommy Jarvis: 12 Button presses to escape / 24 when Jason is enraged
Jenny Myers: 16 Button presses to escape / 28 when Jason is enraged
Mitch Floyd: 17 Button presses to escape / 28 when Jason is enraged
Adam Palomino: 17 Button presses to escape / 34 when Jason is enraged
AJ Mason: 22 Button presses to escape / 45 when Jason is enraged
Kenny Riedell: 25 Button presses to escape / 50 when Jason is enraged
Deborah Kim: 33 button presses to escape / 52 when Jason is enraged
Vanessa Jones: 38 button presses to escape / 60 when Jason is enraged
Tiffany Cox: 47 button presses to escape / 64 when Jason is enraged

These were all tested against a neutral grip strength Jason.

NIIIIICE!

17 hours ago, mike-hannigan said:

You will have to excuse my poor google sheet abilities lol. Either way. Number on the left represents the # of hits that weapon gets without the perk on and number on the right the # of hits with the perk on (15% Man at Arms). As you can see AJ, Tiffany and Vanessa barely get any extra hits with weapons whereas the other counselors get an extra hit with like every melee weapon.

Also forgot to test 2x4, branches and frying pans. But you get an idea already.

Numbers definitely don't lie. The stats are very much appreciated, mate. I did manage to get some tests done with the 2x4 and frying pan and, as you've shown, it would seem that the extra hit varies based on a combination of weapon used and counselor's Luck level. I've reworded the statement concerning MAA to reflect this. Thanks again.

Updated:

• Jason's Stun Resistance is not a fully working attribute in the game. Stun chance is extremely marginal and all Jasons have the same stun duration.

Added:

• Tommy Jarvis does not emit any noise pings whilst jogging or sprinting.
  • Tommy Jarvis can see Jason anywhere on the map when he first arrives on the scene up until he encounters Jason.

Tommy Jarvis can see Jason anywhere on the map when he first arrives on the scene up until he encounters Jason.

**Unless Jason triggers stalk on or already has stalk on when Jarvis arrives. 

• Thanks 1

Oh btw, if any counselor can see Jason on their mini map, he will show up on their main map too. Even when he morphs away. If you're in line of sight of Jason when he morphs, he remains visible on the mini map for a short time after the morph. If you bring up the main map while he's still visible, you can tell exactly where he morphed to.

59 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

Oh btw, if any counselor can see Jason on their mini map, he will show up on their main map too. Even when he morphs away. If you're in line of sight of Jason when he morphs, he remains visible on the mini map for a short time after the morph. If you bring up the main map while he's still visible, you can tell exactly where he morphed to.

To expand on this, do you know if Jason was seen (line of sight) by a counselor in, say, Blairs Cove, would he show on the map for another counselor in, say, Evergreen Camp? Saw this being discussed on Reddit and there didn't seem to be a definitive answer. But I do know there are incidents were Jason would appear on the map even though he was nowhere nearby. Just not sure why that was.

You won't be able to see him from that far away. Part of being "seen" (counselor gasp, start of Jason's music, and or visibility on the mini map) is that the counselor has to be able to distinguish Jason's head from another counselor. You can be less than two feet away and not "see" him as long as his head is blocked from the counselors view.

Although I think fear level plays into what counselors can see too. I remember a match where I was jogging past the barn window and spotted Jason stalking me from Evergreen camp (Higgins large). No noise cues from the music, no gasp, and I wasn't even looking over there, but he briefly popped up on my mini map. And sure enough, 15 seconds later, he shifted on me.

Edit: flare guns will cause Jason to pop up on the map even if you don't hit him with the flare. If you think Jason is nearby but aren't sure where he is, shoot a flare into the air and he'll pop up on the map/mini map if he's still in the area. I'm sure that would have something to do with line of sight as well. For example, I doubt he would show up on the map if he's hiding in a cabin not close to a window, and you fired the flare into the air from outside.

21 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Edit: flare guns will cause Jason to pop up on the map even if you don't hit him with the flare. If you think Jason is nearby but aren't sure where he is, shoot a flare into the air and he'll pop up on the map/mini map if he's still in the area. I'm sure that would have something to do with line of sight as well. For example, I doubt he would show up on the map if he's hiding in a cabin not close to a window, and you fired the flare into the air from outside.

Yes, the flare gun being popped off is the most logical reason Jason shows up well across the map from time to time. I know that even if Jason is not in line of sight of the counselor or the flare, firing the flare gun inside a cabin still works to spot him anywhere outside as long as he is close. So I would image it would work the same the other way around (from outside if he's inside), but I'll give it a try later tonight.

At 1:21 you can see that Jason is looking slightly up from the cabin and not directly into the window, but I will confirm definitively with no windows around.

Edit: Tested and can confirm that Jason can still be spotted using the flare gun if he is inside a cabin and the flare was released outside. Also confirmed that Jason does not need to have line of sight of the flare in order to be spotted.

Edited by F13 Seppuku Squad
Updated with results of Jason spoting and line of sight.