Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 9/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

I have it on PC/PS4 but on Xbox? no idea.

Interesting. I'm planning on playing later tonight and will test accordingly. (Will edit this post with my results.)

Edit: Tested and can confirm that a friend who was playing as Jason could not hear me speaking in game chat after I had muted them.

On 9/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

A.J. is bae

Gotcha! She has that junk in the trunk, that's for sure 🤣

On 9/21/2020 at 4:00 PM, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Time for Gunmedia to explain this LOL!

Ha ha. If only they clarified a lot of things.

Edited by F13 Seppuku Squad
Updated with results of mute/chat test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Gotch ya! She has that junk in the trunk, that's for sure 🤣

Whoa! this is a Christian Server LOL!

2 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Ha ha. If only they clarified a lot of things.

agreed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

 

I did have reservations on this one. Do you play on Xbox by any chance? Because I'm a PS player and can confim this statement to be the case. But if it is not so on Xbox, then I will wait for a PC player to make the deciding clarification and amend the wording accordingly.

I've rescinded this comment due to misinterpreting what the actual issue was. Now if you all will excuse me, I'm going to do some work on my reading comprehension skills now. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I play on X-box, and while having to re-mute players used to be a major issue, I haven't had a problem with it for well over a year. If I mute people, they stay muted so either this isn't an issue anymore on the X-box side or I've just been extremely lucky. The only time I can ever hear people I've muted or vice/versa, is if I'm in close proximity to someone else with a Mic who doesn't have that particular person muted. 

The muting aspect works fine - you mute a player you don't hear that player. But the debate is whether or not Jason, or any player for that matter, can still hear you if they've been muted. I can confirm that on PS if you mute a player they can't hear you talking. Are you able to confirm if this is how it works on Xbox?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Alien_Number_Six said:

So anti sense perks do still work when Jason is in Rage? 

Absolutely. I've had players do it to me and I've had a Jason give up and get kicked because they couldn't sense me when I was the last player left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

The muting aspect works fine - you mute a player you don't hear that player. But the debate is whether or not Jason, or any player for that matter, can still hear you if they've been muted. I can confirm that on PS if you mute a player they can't hear you talking. Are you able to confirm if this is how it works on Xbox?

Ack, sorry my mistake. I got my wires crossed due to a previous post I was a lot more confident was no longer an issue. Unfortunately, no I can't confirm that completely, only that I personally haven't encountered an issue with it on X-box. This just isn't the type of issue you can claim nobody's having just because you aren't though. I've never ran into anyone whose had me on mute and complained that I can still hear them, and I'm pretty confident when I mute Jason he can't hear me. To be honest, when I mute someone it's usually because I have no interest in what they have to say to begin with,  so I've never really bothered unmuting them to ask. 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was testing the Jenny Stealth thing and it definitely seems like she is stealthier than her stat of 6 would indicate.  If you go by the white ping circles she definitely puts out smaller circles than Chad.  (using NoS, Prepardness and Medic perks on both of them)

Between Jenny being stealthier than her stat of 6 would indicate and AJ being stealthier than Tiff despite having the same Stealth stat, it would seem that the composure stat is what is making the difference.  .

So regardless of your playstyle or counselor choice, composure plays a factor.    Fear level, stealth ability, stamina regen, breaking free of Jason's grab and god know what else is affected by composure stat.  No point in having "Best Counselor Stat" Polls anymore.  It would seem we have a winner.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Laotian Lam said:

o regardless of your playstyle or counselor choice, composure plays a factor.

I agree that composure is the best stat, but Jenny having more stealth is more like a bug than an intended thing.

Mitch and Adam also have high composure and their stealth is normal, as far as I know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Carlso said:

I agree that composure is the best stat, but Jenny having more stealth is more like a bug than an intended thing.

Mitch and Adam also have high composure and their stealth is normal, as far as I know.

Mitch is a decent comparison but Adam's stealth is probably too bad to notice any difference. Good point either way though, as bugs are a possible answer to any question in this game

Idk why I even try to make sense of it all.  I doubt the devs even know exactly how all the stats and perks fit together so why would I? Lol

Maybe the Russians know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Laotian Lam said:

Ietween Jenny being stealthier than her stat of 6 would indicate and AJ being stealthier than Tiff despite having the same Stealth stat, it would seem that the composure stat is what is making the difference.  .

So regardless of your playstyle or counselor choice, composure plays a factor.    Fear level, stealth ability, stamina regen, breaking free of Jason's grab and god know what else is affected by composure stat.  No point in having "Best Counselor Stat" Polls anymore.  It would seem we have a winner.

I couldn't agree more with this. Kind of makes me wonder why I always run counselors with poop composure. I've been saying for a while now that having a high stealth stat doesn't mean much unless it's paired with high composure, and good stealth perks. I don't necessarily think of stealth as a trash stat, its just that too many players think it does things that it just doesn't. Seppuku even included it on his list of brainless fiction, but they really do think stealth makes it harder for Jason to sense you. Ran into an A.J. last night who kept hiding behind buildings and crouching like he thought I couldn't find him if he did this, and I just kept shifting on him. He had a PK the first time, and the next three were just me fucking with him, legitimately wondering why he kept doing it. Turns out, he really thought that 10 stealth would make it harder for me to find him, and he even accused me of cheating because I kept finding him. Sorry kid, it doesn't quite work that way.

Strangely enough, I've never had too much trouble tracking down A.J. or Mitch... Jenny is a completely differen't story. Some of those matches have turned into ten minute long games of high stakes hide-and-seek, especially if it's a perked up Jenny.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Absolutely. I've had players do it to me and I've had a Jason give up and get kicked because they couldn't sense me when I was the last player left.

You're actually going to make me test this? 🤦‍♀️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Somethin Cool said:

You're actually going to make me test this? 🤦‍♀️

Lol. Be my guest. And be sure to let me know the results... Also, feel free to add any oddities or anomalies that you might know about the game.

Fun Fact: I had LaChappa avoid my Rage Sense in Offline Bots. Knew exactly where he was hiding and decided to test it and toggled Sense 30 times. The cabin failed to light up 18 times out of 30. That made it 60% sense avoidance - 3 times out of 5 - which is exactly the combined value of my Home Body, Level Headed and Low Profile perks. Only thing that confused me is that I didn't know offline bots used perks (hhm, might add that to the list), and that my sense avoidance build is actually on A.J. not LaChappa. So I guess they must randomise perk builds or something. Not quite sure how it all worked, but it did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

You're actually going to make me test this? 🤦‍♀️

I already tested it a lot of times.

On me vs other Jasons.

Me as Jason vs friendly counselors

Me as Jason vs bots

They all worked the same and as intended. This is why Low Profile + Level Headed + Light Foot on AJ can be so fun.

 

I also like the trolling swimmer AJ. Low Profile + Level Headed + Quiet Swimmer. Wait still Jason is busy chasing someone than go to the end of the lake by swimming. As long as your composure level is good, Jason will never see you; and on his brief attempts to check the lake, these perks will negate 60% of his chance to find you. Very good to troll friends.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Carlso said:

I already tested it a lot of times.

On me vs other Jasons.

Me as Jason vs friendly counselors

Me as Jason vs bots

They all worked the same and as intended. This is why Low Profile + Level Headed + Light Foot on AJ can be so fun.

 

I also like the trolling swimmer AJ. Low Profile + Level Headed + Quiet Swimmer. Wait still Jason is busy chasing someone than go to the end of the lake by swimming. As long as your composure level is good, Jason will never see you; and on his brief attempts to check the lake, these perks will negate 60% of his chance to find you. Very good to troll friends.

 

3 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Lol. Be my guest. And be sure to let me know the results... Also, feel free to add any oddities or anomalies that you might know about the game.

Fun Fact: I had LaChappa avoid my Rage Sense in Offline Bots. Knew exactly where he was hiding and decided to test it and toggled Sense 30 times. The cabin failed to light up 18 times out of 30. That made it 60% sense avoidance - 3 times out of 5 - which is exactly the combined value of my Home Body, Level Headed and Low Profile perks. Only thing that confused me is that I didn't know offline bots used perks (hhm, might add that to the list), and that my sense avoidance build is actually on A.J. not LaChappa. So I guess they must randomise perk builds or something. Not quite sure how it all worked, but it did.

Spam sense. Then sense avoidance is completely useless. Best I could get was 1/4 sense avoidance with home body heavy sleeper and level headed while hiding in a tent. Level headed only removes you from Jasons sense 1/10 times if you're standing in the open.

Bots don't count because they can have super human thick skin too. 

Also noteworthy is that sense avoidance perks don't have anything to do with stealth or composure. Buggzy running sense avoidance perks can avoid Jason's sense as long as he's standing still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Somethin Cool

Making Jason unable to see you is a conjunction of things. Using sense avoidance perks on low stealth and low composure counselor is a waste, even though they work exactly the same in all counselors.

Spamming sense is annoying. You use sense, then it doesn't work, then you wait 5 seconds to recharge, then you use it again, then it doesn't work again, then you wait more 5 seconds, then it works, but the counselor is already in another spot, then you use it again and it doesn't work...

It makes Jasons lose interest in you. 

Even when you are the last survivor, these 5 seconds may help you gain a minute when you stack them together. I already won many matches by surviving the night because Jason needed to wait to use sense again on almost half of the time he tried to see me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Carlso said:

@Somethin Cool

Making Jason unable to see you is a conjunction of things. Using sense avoidance perks on low stealth and low composure counselor is a waste, even though they work exactly the same in all counselors.

Spamming sense is annoying. You use sense, then it doesn't work, then you wait 5 seconds to recharge, then you use it again, then it doesn't work again, then you wait more 5 seconds, then it works, but the counselor is already in another spot, then you use it again and it doesn't work...

It makes Jasons lose interest in you. 

Even when you are the last survivor, these 5 seconds may help you gain a minute when you stack them together. I already won many matches by surviving the night because Jason needed to wait to use sense again on almost half of the time he tried to see me.

No. You survived the night on baby Jason's that didn't know what they were doing. I do the same thing all the time jogging along 10 feet in front of them. Try that on a Jason that knows what he's doing and you wont stay hidden for a minute past rage.

Edit:

The best you're going to get is 1/10 chance to not show up on sense unless you're hiding in a tent with heavy sleeper. Even then it's 1/4. So 10 seconds is more than enough time to find anyone within rage sense range, which is a little bit over half the length of Pinehurst map. And that's if you're standing under a light. Get in a dark spot and Jasons sense range is even farther. With fear, he can spot you from the full length of the map.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Somethin Cool said:

 Get in a dark spot and Jasons sense range is even farther. With fear, he can spot you from the full length of the map.

Is this a fact that Jason's sense range will be affected by the counselor's fear level?

I thought the only thing that affected Jason's sense range was his own Sense stat ( + - or neutral).   And even with a + Sense I did not think Jason could see the entirety of the large maps like Pinehurst or Jarvis House.   Is this Fact or Fiction?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh one more fact to add to the list. You can use combat stance to find counselors hiding under beds. If there's one close by, Jason will turn towards the bed they're hiding under.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Laotian Lam said:

Is this a fact that Jason's sense range will be affected by the counselor's fear level?

I thought the only thing that affected Jason's sense range was his own Sense stat ( + - or neutral).   And even with a + Sense I did not think Jason could see the entirety of the large maps like Pinehurst or Jarvis House.   Is this Fact or Fiction?

 

 

Fact. Plus sense means nothing except recharge rates. Noise pings are negligible and debatable, but part 7 supposedly can see noise pings better than any other Jason. But as far as the actual ability is concerned, plus sense, minus sense, and base sense are exactly the same with the exception of recharge rates.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmm. That is interesting.  I think part of the problem I've had is that most of the testing I've tried to do is in Offline Bots.   I've tried a number of times on Pinehurst to see counselors on the other side of the map and I couldn't see them.  The difference is probably that the offline bot counselors are not the same as online player counselors.  The bots definitely seem harder to find as it seems like every game I play I am wandering around looking for that last counselor stuck in a closet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Probably the greatest myth is one that can't be proven but can most certainly be speculated and that is the health of the game in 2020 with no lawsuit versus with the lawsuit. Chances are, the game likely would've stopped receiving content early last year as Grendel/Uber/Pajamas all likely would've release throughout mid/late 2018. So Virtual Cabin 3.0 aka the Lazurus probably ends up the last bit of content mixed with pointless emotes and a couple kill packs in early 2019.

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

 

Spam sense. Then sense avoidance is completely useless. Best I could get was 1/4 sense avoidance with home body heavy sleeper and level headed while hiding in a tent. Level headed only removes you from Jasons sense 1/10 times if you're standing in the open.

Bots don't count because they can have super human thick skin too. 

Also noteworthy is that sense avoidance perks don't have anything to do with stealth or composure. Buggzy running sense avoidance perks can avoid Jason's sense as long as he's standing still.

So no credit where credit is due? 😔 The potency of sense avoidance perks was never the debate. Whether you go 1 for 4 or 1 for 100, the fact remains that they still work during Rage. Home Body works when inside a cabin/lodge, so I don't think you would get the combined effect when in a tent. Only Heavy Sleeper and Level Headed would have worked for you and a max value Heavy Sleeper is 25% so 1/4 kinda makes sense (no pun intended). Also, a max value Level Headed is 15% so that is 3/20, not quite 1/10, when out in the open. Either way it's still very low, but that's why I use max value Level Headed, Low Profile and Home Body together. A 60% (3/5) chance indoors and 40% (2/5) chance outdoors is suddenly a lot more favourable. And I'm not saying it will help me to win tournaments, but it definitely bodes well in public lobbies against "baby J's."

Yes, sense avoidance perks can be negated by spamming Sense but you'd be surprised how many players actually don't do that. Plus, it is not a super quick process. Most QP Jasons will arrive at a spot, turn on Sense, then start looking around 360°, maybe twice, and then leave if then don't see anything glowing. Some might even wait for Sense to recharge and do that same process again and definitely leave after the second time if the perks worked. Not many players would Sense the same spot a third time even if they just saw you in that area initially and there are still other counselors to be had.

Agreed on Sense not having anything to do with Stealth or Composure. But like @Carlso said, sense avoidance perks would be a waste of time on low Stealth characters. In most situations a moving counselor is way more advantageous than one standing still, am I right?

4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

Oh one more fact to add to the list. You can use combat stance to find counselors hiding under beds. If there's one close by, Jason will turn towards the bed they're hiding under.

Did not know that. Something cool to add to the list 😉 Thanks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

No. You survived the night on baby Jason's that didn't know what they were doing. I do the same thing all the time jogging along 10 feet in front of them. Try that on a Jason that knows what he's doing and you wont stay hidden for a minute past rage.

Damn you guys need to chill. Every time I share a funny build people think I want to use it to win tournaments lol

IDK why people keep pulling the "top tier Jasons" card. Currently, the most viable way to find a match is through quick play. What is the probability of finding a "top tier Jason" in quick play? I bet it is lower than 1%. Definitively more worth it to use a trolling build and have fun.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Also, a max value Level Headed is 15% so that is 3/20, not quite 1/10, when out in the open

I spammed sense off and on while standing at max sense range, not in direct line of sight, with the counselor standing under a light. I did it 50 times in a row. It's literally 1/10. A little bit less actually. It'll go 1/10 twice then the third set of ten it won't work at all.  And that's 15% legendary. It's trash. Sense avoidance builds are garbage. I wish they weren't but they are. You can put that under facts.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/19/2020 at 12:01 PM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Part 2 Jason has a worse Sense range than other neutral-Sense Jasons.

This is 100% false. You saw my sense range video with part 2 Jason, right?

And part 3 is -sense, so shouldn't he be the worst? Like I said before, it's simply recharge rates.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...