A lot of unknown facts and misinformation often gets thrown around about this game, mainly due to lack of/inaccurate in-game information and/or outdated publications. As such, this is a topic where everyone can obtain clarification on any speculations they have, share their knowledge on things the game does not correctly divulge and grant the opportunity for members to help each other out by confirming whether or not what they believe is actually fact or fiction.

Below is a list of truths and myths that I will continue to update based on feedback. Any contributions that are not unequivocally certain or not backed up with sufficient proof will be listed as unsubstantiated. Contributions can, however, be validated if the consensus affirms the category they belong in. Also, suggestions made within this thread are not to be influenced by or related to glitches or exploits.

Proven Facts:

• Jason's Stun Resistance is not a fully working attribute in the game. Stun chance is extremely marginal and all Jasons have the same stun duration.
  • A counselor does not have to be crouched for the Low Profile perk's sense avoidance chance to work.
  • A cabin/lodge does not glow red when Jason uses his Sense ability pre-Rage mode if a counselor is in a hiding spot.
  • Jason's -Defense attribute does not contain a 'Block chance' mechanic. All Jasons will block all counselor melee hits as long as the Block initiation was not affected by the player's ping value/lag (off host).
  • There are only 3 pocket knives to be found by counselors in a mtach. Tommy Jarvis, if called, arrives with a forth.
  • The Strength stat marginally increases the duration of a counselor's melee weapon stun on Jason.
  • Fear takes longer to decrease, as well as increase, for high Composure counselors.
  • 15% Lightfoot perk allows A.J. to sprint without giving off any noise pings. The same cannot be said for Tiffany despite her also having 10 Stealth.
  • Luck slightly increases the size of the skill checks when repairing an objective.
  • Jenny's Stealth is actually higher than 6. It is actually ~8.5.
  • The cooking pot and machete are more durable than the in-game infographic portrays. The cooking pot is technically as durable as the 2x4, and the machete is actually more durable than the metal pipe.
  • Using 10% Nerves of Steel and 10% Preparedness perks together on Jenny ensures her fear level will never increase; simply known as No Fear Jenny.
  • Part 7 Jason can detect counselor noise pings from a greater distance than other Jasons.
  • Jason can use Combat Stance to identify the specific bed that a counselor is hiding under.
  • Tommy Jarvis does not emit any noise pings whilst jogging or sprinting.
  • Jason will show up indefinitely on Tommy Jarvis' map when he first arrives on the scene right up until Tommy encounters him. This is provided the Jason player has not activated Stalk.

Brainless Fiction:

• +Shift Jasons travel at a faster speed than neutral-Shift Jasons.
  • The Stealth stat impairs Jason's ability to sense a counselor when he uses his Sense ability.
  • Turning on a radio will cause the entire building to glow red when Jason uses his Sense ability.
  • A counselor's Luck stat influences the amount of damage they receive when climbing through a broken window.
  • High Luck provides a counselor with better items when looting cabin/lodge draws.
  • Sense avoidance perks do not work when Jason is in Rage mode.
  • High Strength increases a counselor's chance to stun Jason with a melee weapon.
  • Man At Arms perk increases durability for all melee weapons, allowing a counselor to attack more before their weapon breaks. (Counselors of specific Luck levels will not get an extra melee hit when using particular melee weapons.)
  • The frying pan has a 100% stun chance.
  • Jason can hear players conversing from anywhere on the map if their counselor has a walkie-talkie.
  • An Epic/Legendary Sucker Punch perk will 100% guarantee a sweater-stunned, demasked Jason will fall to his knees when hit.
  • Jason can be killed with his mask still on.
  • A player muted in game chat can still hear you talking.
  • Tommy must have Jason's mask in his inventory in order to perform the Jason kill.
  • Part 2 Jason has a worse Sense range than other neutral-Sense Jasons.
  • Jason's mask can be removed quicker if players aim their counselor's melee attacks upwards at his face/head.
  • Escape Artist and Scout perks allows players to break free/escape easier from Jason's grab and Jason's traps/counselor bear traps respectively. (The same number of button presses are required with the perks as without the perks.)

Unsubstantiated Claims:

• Pyro perk increases Jason spotting time with the flare gun.
Edited by F13 Seppuku Squad
Statements added to, removed from and amended within the lists.
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I received my P.H.D in murder achievement during a random Jason Kill as Tommy. Fun fact, I hadn't done the cemetery kill yet at the time, so I thought that was the kill I was waiting for to finally achieve it. Random Tommy kill, there it was. I don't think it's a requirement for the trophy, but rather a bug involved with the achieving it. The way people complain, that achievement appears to be incredibly buggy all the way around.

I still run into quite a few people who still think (Including a couple 150's) that Tommy needs to be holding the mask to kill Jason, or you have to use a machete, or that you have to have three people for the kill. (If you still think you need a machete, I guess you kind of do) There might not be enough of them to add to brainless fiction, but enough to still be annoying. 

I don't think this one is an issue anymore since I haven't heard anyone claim this in quite some time, but a lot of people used to think you couldn't shoot Jason's mask off with the shotgun. It's rare, but I knew this was false since I'd done it at least half a dozen times. I've personally never heard the one about the Radio making the cabin light up red. Anyone whose played Jason more than a handful of times should've noticed pretty quickly this one isn't true. Is this really a thing? 

Interesting topic by the way.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I received my P.H.D in murder achievement during a random Jason Kill as Tommy. Fun fact, I hadn't done the cemetery kill yet at the time, so I thought that was the kill I was waiting for to finally achieve it. Random Tommy kill, there it was. I don't think it's a requirement for the trophy, but rather a bug involved with the achieving it. The way people complain, that achievement appears to be incredibly buggy all the way around.

Yeah, I've seen a number of people saying they popped the award after killing the big man. I do think it's a bug more than anything, but it's hard for me to know for sure as I performed my first Jason kill before doing my final kill actually needed for the trophy. I might eventually remove it from the list if the consensus favours it being bugged.

I still run into quite a few people who still think (Including a couple 150's) that Tommy needs to be holding the mask to kill Jason, or you have to use a machete, or that you have to have three people for the kill. (If you still think you need a machete, I guess you kind of do) There might not be enough of them to add to brainless fiction, but enough to still be annoying. 

I've heard the "Tommy needs to be holding the mask to kill Jason" one also - added to the list. But not the machete only one as most people know the axe can be used too, and it is highly favourable.

I've personally never heard the one about the Radio making the cabin light up red. Anyone whose played Jason more than a handful of times should've noticed pretty quickly this one isn't true. Is this really a thing? 

This one is actually quite funny. It's from the actual game's How To Play > Counselor > Radios guide. Imagine that! 😂 It might have been the case in the beta.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

An Epic/Legendary Sucker Punch perk will 100% guarantee a sweater-stunned, demasked Jason will fall to his knees when hit.

Still waiting on anyone to disprove this one....

• Like 1

Same with me , and i know i was missing an enviro kill or two . 

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

Still waiting on anyone to disprove this one....

I remember you having this debate with others. The way I see it is, as we all know, Jason falling to his knees is based on stun chance. That stun chance is the exact same probability whether it's after the sweater has been used or being stunned by a regular melee hit, and obviously determined by the weapon used. As such, I own a 25% Epic Sucker Punch perk and can distinctly remember playing once as Chad and hitting Jason with a metal pipe - listed as having the same Stun as the axe - and he kept coming. Jason was not in Rage and missed the grab, so luckily I was able to stun him at the second time of asking. It was a very rare occasion as I cannot remember stun failing on any other occasion when using a counselor with Sucker Punch equipped. Either way I can only conclude that if the stun failed on a regular hit then why would it be any different when attempting the kill? The probability of failure is just extremely low, especially with the right weapon like a baseball bat.

4 hours ago, bryanp3692 said:

Same with me , and i know i was missing an enviro kill or two . 

Sounds like A Ph.D. in Murder is glitched and cannot be verified. Removed accordingly.

33 minutes ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Sounds like A Ph. D in Murder is glitched and cannot be verified. Removed accordingly.

Yes , it definitely is glitched , this was posted on a Facebook forum as well with the same feedback  and stories .

I have Epic Sucker Punch, though granted it's on the lower end of 23%. I've failed to drop Jason to his knees at least half a dozen times, and only one of those I can potentially blame on other outside forces. I kill Jason a lot though, so we're dealing with a small sample size. It might not be 100% guaranteed, but it's still around 98-99% which is a lot better than the considerably lessened chance you get when not running SP. I can't speak for Legendary SP,  since I'm still convinced I'm more likely to get Bigfoot's autograph than I am to ever roll that perk. I have heard people claim they've had Legendary after failing to drop Jason to his knees, but that's what makes this one so hard to prove. You kind of have to take people's word for it that they have/are running Legendary on the character they were using. All I can say for sure is 23% Epic is not a 100% guarantee though it's pretty damn close.

1 hour ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I have Epic Sucker Punch, though granted it's on the lower end of 23%. I've failed to drop Jason to his knees at least half a dozen times, and only one of those I can potentially blame on other outside forces. I kill Jason a lot though, so we're dealing with a small sample size. It might not be 100% guaranteed, but it's still around 98-99% which is a lot better than the considerably lessened chance you get when not running SP. I can't speak for Legendary SP,  since I'm still convinced I'm more likely to get Bigfoot's autograph than I am to ever roll that perk. I have heard people claim they've had Legendary after failing to drop Jason to his knees, but that's what makes this one so hard to prove. You kind of have to take people's word for it that they have/are running Legendary on the character they were using. All I can say for sure is 23% Epic is not a 100% guarantee though it's pretty damn close.

I agree with everything you just said, apart from the bit about Bigfoot because I actually got his autograph quite easily 😜 But in all seriousness, a nice Sucker Punch does make the knee drop/stun chance at the very least 95% likely so it's no wonder some players think it's a 100% certainty. But a Legendary version makes no difference whatsoever. Legendaries just come with a bonus effect attached - they have the exact same positive and negative percentages as an Epic.

1 hour ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

and can distinctly remember playing once as Chad

CHAD... not Tommy. Legendary Sucker Punch & Tommy w/ an axe has never once in literally 100's of kills failed to drop Jason to his knees... EVER. The only time Ive been unable to drop him is if he's physically blocked by something, and that's it. Otherwise, he's down.

3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

CHAD... not Tommy. Legendary Sucker Punch & Tommy w/ an axe has never once in literally 100's of kills failed to drop Jason to his knees... EVER. The only time Ive been unable to drop him is if he's physically blocked by something, and that's it. Otherwise, he's down.

Counselor selection and stats have no bearing on stun chance, dude. I was recounting a regular hit with Chad that failed despite running a 25% Sucker Punch (Epic or Legendary makes no difference also). So whether it's Chad or Tommy, it doesn't matter as the same stun chance mechanics and probabilities apply in both a regular hit situation and the kill situation. Nevertheless, I hear what you're saying and understand why you are so steadfast in your opinion. May that run of 0 fails keep going for you.

I would agree with most of these, but I don't think the part about only finding 3 pocket knives per match is correct. There might be 3 pocket knives inside drawers, but more pocket knives can be found at campsites and at other unmarked locations around each of the maps. Jarvis House in particular spawns them on coolers, barrels, places you would never guess.

As for "A player muted in game chat can still hear you talking.", people who say this probably refer to when you mute someone in lobby, then other players join the lobby afterwards, it resets everyone that you muted. Even though the symbol is still there you can hear them and they can hear you. You have to remute the person to get it to take effect. The developers released a patch to "address" this but the mute is still broken.

• Thanks 1

20 hours ago, Mince said:

I would agree with most of these, but I don't think the part about only finding 3 pocket knives per match is correct. There might be 3 pocket knives inside drawers, but more pocket knives can be found at campsites and at other unmarked locations around each of the maps. Jarvis House in particular spawns them on coolers, barrels, places you would never guess.

You'd be surprised, but nope, 3 is indeed correct. I too was also shocked when I found this out back in the day, because when playing as Jason it feels like every counselor has a damn pocket knife, lol. But trust me, next time you are playing as Jason count how many times you get pocket knife-stunned in a match and it will never be more than 3 times; 4 if Tommy is on the scene. This is, of course, not the case if you are playing against a cheater who is using a pocket knife glitch, as well as not to be mistaken for fast grab break-outs.

(This is exactly why I felt the forum needed a topic like this. A lot of seasoned players take the small things for granted, and where better to share the knowledge.)

55 minutes ago, Mince said:

There's definitely only 3 per map now. Ever since the update to reduce the amount, I've never been stabbed in the neck more than four times in a match. When a pocket knife does spawn in one of the outdoor locations, that's simply one less that will spawn in a drawer. Sometimes, two or even three will spawn outdoors, and sometimes none of them will spawn in the 'secret' locations. It's all random and simply depends on where the map decides to randomly spawn them. If you're getting stabbed in the neck more than four times, there's definitely shenanigans going on.'. 

There are 3 pocket knives not including Tommy BUT there is currently a exploit that counselors can take advantage of that gives then multiple uses out of 1 knife that is why people think there are more and I also believe but cannot prove it does glitch every so often and gives them more than 1 use out of a knife.

22 hours ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

High Luck provides a counselor with better items when looting cabin/lodge draws.

That is by far the dumbest one Ive heard.  

If someone has medic and uses a spray once then if someone else with medic picks up that spray it’ll only have one use left. 

Has anyone who runs medic found a spray that’s already had one use? Even the ones found on dead bodies always have 2 uses. I’ve never picked up a random spray with only one use. 

On 9/19/2020 at 1:01 PM, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Part 7 Jason can detect noise pings from a greater distance than other Jasons.

Can confirm as a Part 7 Main.

A player muted in game chat can still hear you talking.

not fiction it has happened.

15% Lightfoot perk allows A.J. to sprint without giving off any noise pings. The same cannot be said for Tiffany despite her also having 10 Stealth.

Bet

Jenny's Stealth is actually higher than 6. It is actually ~8.5.

any confirmation?

Using 10% Nerves of Steel and 10% Preparedness perks together on Jenny ensures her fear level will never increase; simply known as No Fear Jenny.

whoa

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Jason Todd Voorhees said:

Can confirm as a Part 7 Main.

Nice. Will bump it into the relevant section.

not fiction it has happened.

I did have reservations on this one. Do you play on Xbox by any chance? Because I'm a PS player and can confim this statement to be the case. But if it is not so on Xbox, then I will wait for a PC player to make the deciding clarification and amend the wording accordingly.

Bet

What do you mean? Sportsman bet? 50 bucks? 100 bucks? ...Either way, no noise A.J. is proven, she stands alone and it is quite well known.

any confirmation?

This one was established with extensive testing from old skool player Rydog. Other players have since confirmed it to be the case, and I myself find that Jenny gives off less pings than Chad (also 6 Stealth) for example.

4 hours ago, Top_Cat said:

If someone has medic and uses a spray once then if someone else with medic picks up that spray it’ll only have one use left. 

Has anyone who runs medic found a spray that’s already had one use? Even the ones found on dead bodies always have 2 uses. I’ve never picked up a random spray with only one use. 

Yep, I can verify this. I run Medic, and I've picked up quite a few that only have a single use left. Most will be two simply because green players will often get themselves grabbed and killed before they ever get the chance to use their spray. I've also given a single spray to a friend who also ran Medic, and can confirm they could only get one use out of it. 

Just now, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

I did have reservations on this one. Do you play on Xbox by any chance? Because I'm a PS player and can confim this statement to be the case. But if it is not so on Xbox, then I will wait for a PC player to make the deciding clarification and amend the wording accordingly.

I have it on PC/PS4 but on Xbox? no idea.

1 minute ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

Either way, no noise A.J. is proven, she stands alone and it is quite well known.

A.J. is bae

1 minute ago, F13 Seppuku Squad said:

This one was established with extensive testing from old skool player Rydog. Other players have since confirmed it to be the case, and I myself find that Jenny gives off less pings than Chad (also 6 Stealth) for example.

Time for Gunmedia to explain this LOL!