Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey everyone hope you're all doing well, So it's been exactly 2 months (going on 3) since i've played friday the 13th on the PS4 & as mentioned before i'm a year long switch player but switched to PS4 as i wanted to make a gaming channel solely dedicated to Retro Jason as i was inspired by Play With Jason & also i wanted to branch out & have fun on the PS4 again (& also because i don't have a capture card for my switch lite). Currently i'm at 20 subs which is great but frankly i'm not about subs like most channels are but rather keeping this game alive as much as possible & to provide fans a channel & content who are fans of Retro Jason & the original NES game as i went the whole 10 miles in adding the title screen & game over screen after every match just to emulate the NES game. Now during my go with the PS4 i've had many trials & error as i'm not a master of this game nor i tend to be the best by any means just a fan playing the game with love & respect to both the franchise & Jason but with that said i've had many highlights during my run as Jason & i'm gonna share them with you guys as some are really neat.

 

This one still remains my favorite for obvious reasons 😁

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are from my second channel & before anyone questions why i have second channel that doesn't use the retro skin but rather pt.5 

watch this video for abit of context please.

onto the highlights

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

In reference to Extra Precautions and Tiffany Kill Squad:

What a bunch of motherfucking retards! You have no PK or back-up of any kind, so if you get grabbed even once, it's over. You didn't even wait for Tommy to show up before trying to pull a Mary Sue Skywalker and defeat Jason all by yourself. Don't even get me started on the dumb-ass on the island. What did you think you were going to do, stun Jason with a melee attack and then swim back to the mainland before he recovered? Seriously? You've effectively screwed yourself by coming alone. Even if you did manage to kite Jason all over the island until Tommy spawned in, how did you expect him to reach you? Was he going to swim? Use a boat? Get the Care Bears to make him a fuckin' rainbow bridge? 

 

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

In reference to Extra Precautions and Tiffany Kill Squad:

What a bunch of motherfucking retards! You have no PK or back-up of any kind, so if you get grabbed even once, it's over. You didn't even wait for Tommy to show up before trying to pull a Mary Sue Skywalker and defeat Jason all by yourself. Don't even get me started on the dumb-ass on the island. What did you think you were going to do, stun Jason with a melee attack and then swim back to the mainland before he recovered? Seriously? You've effectively screwed yourself by coming alone. Even if you did manage to kite Jason all over the island until Tommy spawned in, how did you expect him to reach you? Was he going to swim? Use a boat? Get the Care Bears to make him a fuckin' rainbow bridge? 

 

 

Well the Tiffany kill squad were on a roll after the first match & probably thought I'd be an easy target especially since they were in a party both in game & party chat but that didn't happen & as the extra precautions one I was with them in a couple of games with them along watching him & his friend kill Jason 3x plus with me against a severe lvl.150 trash talker which was satisfying as he rage quit during mid kill but aside from that when it came to my turn I knew what to expect but he probably thought since I'd be busy trapping it be an easy grab since my morph had to recharge buuuuut nope he waited too long. 😋

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, RetroJason89 said:

Well the Tiffany kill squad were on a roll after the first match & probably thought I'd be an easy target especially since they were in a party both in game & party chat but that didn't happen & as the extra precautions one I was with them in a couple of games with them along watching him & his friend kill Jason 3x plus with me against a severe lvl.150 trash talker which was satisfying as he rage quit during mid kill but aside from that when it came to my turn I knew what to expect but he probably thought since I'd be busy trapping it be an easy grab since my morph had to recharge buuuuut nope he waited too long. 😋 I can k

I never have nor ever will be killed as Jason if the shack's on the island (on HH large). If I even THINK they're going to try it I'll park my ass in the lake and grab a drink while I wait for wannabe sweater-girl. If it's an average bunch of.... ahem... "Jason Hunters".... then nobody will fix a damn thing and once I've made sure the sweater's safe all I have to do is go around stabbing beds and closets until I've got them all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I never have nor ever will be killed as Jason if the shack's on the island (on HH large). If I even THINK they're going to try it I'll park my ass in the lake and grab a drink while I wait for wannabe sweater-girl. If it's an average bunch of.... ahem... "Jason Hunters".... then nobody will fix a damn thing and once I've made sure the sweater's safe all I have to do is go around stabbing beds and closets until I've got them all.

Wise words my friend but if I get killed as Retro or PT.5 I'll take my loss, upload it with the Jason defeated game over screen, go on hiatus, & come back during the upcoming or next Friday the 13th in true Jason Voorhees fashion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I never have nor ever will be killed as Jason if the shack's on the island (on HH large).

It is possible to kill Jason on every map with the right coordination.

1)Tommy arrives

2)Demask

3)Position

4)Vanessa steps on a trap

5)Tommy, sweater, and whenever is with them go to the shack

6)Do a dance party until Jason arrives

7)If Jason arrives kill him

 

There's little to no counterplay for that. Of course, if the killing thing fails everyone on the island would be pretty much screwed, but good counselors teams usually are able to do multiple things at once. While you were killing people on the island other counselors can repair objectives.

I am personally the kind of guy that gets worried when people start to take the killing thing too seriously. The moment Jason morphs to his shack I rush an objective.

 

To summarize what I meant to say: don't underestimate counselors even when the map looks shitty. After all, the game is slightly more generous towards them and party chat just makes them broken. 
I mean seriously I already killed a lot of Jasons on that map and I wouldn't exactly say it was very difficult.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Carlso said:

It is possible to kill Jason on every map with the right coordination.
I mean seriously I already killed a lot of Jasons on that map and I wouldn't exactly say it was very difficult.

That's the problem though, most kill squads aren't well coordinated. With a few exceptions, most are just wanabes who had their way with a couple of LV20's on Packanack Small, and suddenly think they can take on any Jason just to get their assess handed to them when they run into a Jason who knows what he's doing. Killing Jason might be easy for you, for me, and most of the people on this forum, but for most of the player base... Nah. There's a big difference between good squads, and the wanabe's that are far too easy to disrupt. Personally, I'd be ashamed of myself if I ever got killed on Higgins with the shack on the Island. It's not so much about underestimating the lobby as it just understanding how to defend the map.

To be fair though, I do primarily run Part 8, so that might have something to do with why I don't sweat Higgins at all. I can go into stalk, morph far enough away from the island not to be noticed, and still have plenty of time to catch sweater girl, or occasionally even Tommy once they dip their toes in the water.

Edited by I'm Not a Goalie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Wise words my friend but if I get killed as Retro or PT.5 I'll take my loss, upload it with the Jason defeated game over screen, go on hiatus, & come back during the upcoming or next Friday the 13th in true Jason Voorhees fashion.

I have no problem admitting that I've gotten killed as Jason at least 10x over the course of playing the game. I don't get butt-hurt if it happens, but I do get a little pissed off at myself if I got killed as a result of doing something stupid. Last time that happened was when I Stalk-Shifted right up to Tommy and started slicing his ass up without realizing they had the sweater until it was too late.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I have no problem admitting that I've gotten killed as Jason at least 10x over the course of playing the game. I don't get butt-hurt if it happens, but I do get a little pissed off at myself if I got killed as a result of doing something stupid. Last time that happened was when I Stalk-Shifted right up to Tommy and started slicing his ass up without realizing they had the sweater until it was too late.

Well at least it was accidental but for me

Yeah I was stupid but then again how was I suppose to know I was going up a kill squad? ¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Carlso said:

It is possible to kill Jason on every map with the right coordination.

1)Tommy arrives

2)Demask

3)Position

4)Vanessa steps on a trap

5)Tommy, sweater, and whenever is with them go to the shack

6)Do a dance party until Jason arrives

7)If Jason arrives kill him

 

There's little to no counterplay for that. Of course, if the killing thing fails everyone on the island would be pretty much screwed, but good counselors teams usually are able to do multiple things at once. While you were killing people on the island other counselors can repair objectives.

I am personally the kind of guy that gets worried when people start to take the killing thing too seriously. The moment Jason morphs to his shack I rush an objective.

 

To summarize what I meant to say: don't underestimate counselors even when the map looks shitty. After all, the game is slightly more generous towards them and party chat just makes them broken. 
I mean seriously I already killed a lot of Jasons on that map and I wouldn't exactly say it was very difficult.

I've killed a lot of them on that map too. Usually we wait till one of us comes back as Tommy then basically just head over to the shore and wait. Jason shows up, gets shotgunned, and we haul ass to the island. As far as I can tell, that's the only way to make it to the island alive, especially if it's p7 or p8.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Well at least it was accidental but for me

Yeah I was stupid but then again how was I suppose to know I was going up a kill squad? ¯\_༼ •́ ͜ʖ •̀ ༽_/¯

I'm actually a bit surprised. The ones you killed pre-Tommy kinda sucked, and I wouldn't have guessed they were competent enough to pull this off. It certainly didn't LOOK like a typical 5-Vanessa kill-squad, and it didn't seem like any of them were particularly trying to get the mask off. It sucks, but you did everything right (except maybe trap the shack) so there's no reason to be ashamed of how you played. 

EDIT:

Was this after the Buff? That mask came off much easier than I thought it would.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@HaHaTrumpWon I meant stepping on an important trap like the one at the fuse. I mean, what can Jason possibily do? Just guess it is a bait and potentially guive the fuse for free? 

And while his morph regens we go to the island.

I am not sure if there's time to go swiming just with the shotgun shot. And even if you get there, you would be out of stam which would make Jason's thing 10% easier when he morphs to the island. Idk man not buying that one. It may only work with potato Jasons. Never tried it though... never had the balls.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Carlso said:

am not sure if there's time to go swiming just with the shotgun shot. And even if you get there, you would be out of stam which would make Jason's thing 10% easier when he morphs to the island. Idk man not buying that one. It may only work with potato Jasons. Never tried it though... never had the balls.

There's plenty of time to do it that way. That's how I do it. And if you have a counselor swim out there early in the match and drop off a shotgun on the shore of the island there's plenty of time to swim back too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'm actually a bit surprised. The ones you killed pre-Tommy kinda sucked, and I wouldn't have guessed they were competent enough to pull this off. It certainly didn't LOOK like a typical 5-Vanessa kill-squad, and it didn't seem like any of them were particularly trying to get the mask off. It sucks, but you did everything right (except maybe trap the shack) so there's no reason to be ashamed of how you played. 

EDIT:

Was this after the Buff? That mask came off much easier than I thought it would.

Yeah but i wished i at least killed abit more cause 3 kills is embarrassing on my part as when i do go up a kill squad i manage to kill at least 5 counselors & feel i did something but during this one i gotta step up my game abit when i return but anyways yes it was after the mask buff but keep in mind all my footage that i post are after the mask buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Somethin Cool said:

plenty of time to swim back too.

What about the stamina?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, HaHaTrumpWon said:

I'm actually a bit surprised. The ones you killed pre-Tommy kinda sucked, and I wouldn't have guessed they were competent enough to pull this off. It certainly didn't LOOK like a typical 5-Vanessa kill-squad, and it didn't seem like any of them were particularly trying to get the mask off. It sucks, but you did everything right (except maybe trap the shack) so there's no reason to be ashamed of how you played. 

EDIT:

Was this after the Buff? That mask came off much easier than I thought it would.

I ran Roy once after the buff, and the mask went flying after only four hits. In contrast, a couple of days later I was playing Bugsy, and hit Roy with a machete 4 times and 3 more with an axe, and that damn mask still hadn't come off. It's a lot better than it used to be, but there still seems to be some inconsistencies there. To be fair, that's the one and only time since the buff where I felt like the mask came off way too easily.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Carlso said:

@HaHaTrumpWon I meant stepping on an important trap like the one at the fuse. I mean, what can Jason possibily do? Just guess it is a bait and potentially guive the fuse for free? 

And while his morph regens we go to the island.

I am not sure if there's time to go swiming just with the shotgun shot. And even if you get there, you would be out of stam which would make Jason's thing 10% easier when he morphs to the island. Idk man not buying that one. It may only work with potato Jasons. Never tried it though... never had the balls.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Carlso said:

What about the stamina?

Hit Jason. Instant stam boost. Or use firecrackers. Either way is fine.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Happened last night & still kinda pissed off from it but the fact I got them & the constant hitting I received from after killing their sweater girl (yeah they stopped teabagging me & tried out running the timer) made it worth it.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

happened last night & still kinda pissed off from it but the fact I got them & the constant hitting I received from after killing their sweater girl (yeah they stopped teabagging me & tried out running the timer) made it worth it.

 

I'm going to withhold judgment on that kill squad since I think they just got cocky after killing you the first two times, but I saw a lot of the hallmarks of a bad kill squad in that match. Over-confidence can get you killed in a hurry if you can't back it up. I love it when I get sweater girl or Tommy off the board early. It means I can be be as aggressive as I want to be with minimal consequence.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

I'm going to withhold judgment on that kill squad since I think they just got cocky after killing you the first two times, but I saw a lot of the hallmarks of a bad kill squad in that match. Over-confidence can get you killed in a hurry if you can't back it up. I love it when I get sweater girl or Tommy off the board early. It means I can be be as aggressive as I want to be with minimal consequence.  

Don't suppose you read the description, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, RetroJason89 said:

Don't suppose you read the description, right?

Of course, I read everything. You may want to elaborate on what the issue is. Don't want to make assumptions, but it sounds to me like you may have misinterpreted something I wrote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, I'm Not a Goalie said:

Of course, I read everything. You may want to elaborate on what the issue is. Don't want to make assumptions, but it sounds to me like you may have misinterpreted something I wrote.

No issue just wanted know if anyone reads the description before watching is all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...